Things to change on Beyond….

little britain

1. Make the balcony chairs into loungers

2. make the balcony table a decent height and size 

3. Take away the box around the plugs so you can actually plug in the hairdryer 

4. Change the stickers on the door so one side reads “make up room” instead of both sides  saying the same thing

5. put colours on the public lavatories lock so people know if they are occupied  or not -so you don’t have someone continually  trying the handle whilst you’re sitting there 

feel free to add your own..  

• Like 6

I’ve cruised on Edge and Apex, but I think I’ll wait until I cruise on Beyond before I tell anyone what changes they should make……..except they should allow anyone with the first name ‘Dennis’ can cruise free!

den

• Haha 7

9 minutes ago, Denny01 said:

I’ve cruised on Edge and Apex, but I think I’ll wait until I cruise on Beyond before I tell anyone what changes they should make……..except they should allow anyone with the first name ‘Dennis’ can cruise free!

den

I love my free suite upgrade because of my name... Suite Suzy!  As long as you are not a menace, I think that with a few restrictions you could get approved too.  

Edited by Lastdance
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, miaminative0853 said:

Eden, Eden, Eden: completely overhaul the entire concept. The menu, the layout, the entire vibe. 

And, ditto previous OP, replace the common area restroom door locks with something that makes sense.

if you concern was due to the Eden that was introduced early on the Edge cruises, it has changed completely. The Eden Restaurant is fantastic. I had the Crab Cake which was all crab with a yogurt binder and a cold-water lobster ‘tower’ starting with a huge claw…..so as I said, might work better to cruise on the Beyond before listing changes to things that have been changed on Edge And Apex and I assume Beyond which will have more changes. 

One thing Celebrity shouldn’t have Beyond do, and that is go full-speed through the North Atlantic full of icebergs and crash into one and, and……oh that happened 110 years ago….Oh well.

Den

Edited by Denny01
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

We’ve not sailed on Edge, but have Apex.  Absolutely loved Eden.  The menu is very different from the menu from Edge I had seen posted; the food was excellent, service amazing and loved the overall ambiance.  Booked on Beyond in October and will definitely book Eden!  No intrusive creepy creatures as seen in the videos from the early sailings on Edge.

How about we change some passengers. Those who find the "Edge Class Concept" personally unappealing need not sail on Beyond, especially if they are familiar with Edge and Apex. No offense intended, but just like balcony chairs, infinite verandas, Eden, door stickers etc., you too, in your absence, could make for a more enjoyable cruise for everyone. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, jelayne said:

We were on the Edge in October and loved the changes to Eden.  Great entertainers, show and no creepy Edenist creatures 

Hmm. Just got off Edge two weeks ago and have to say didnt check out the entertainers but the menu remains incomprehensible to me. Glad the creatures have been banished. I just feel like it is a very poor use of a premier and large portion of the common areas. But I know there are those who love it, so to each their own.

2 minutes ago, Denny01 said:

if you concern was due to the Eden that was introduced early on the Edge cruises, it has changed completely. The Eden Restaurant is fantastic. I had the Crab Cake which was all crab with a yogurt binder and a cold-water lobster ‘tower’ starting with a huge claw…..so as I said, might work better to cruise on the Beyond before listing changes to things that have been changed on Edge And Apex and I assume Beyond which will have more changes. 

Den

Will be on Apex in March and will check it out. Was on Edge early (Fall 2019 in Med) and two weeks ago. Thanks

3 minutes ago, Spif Barwunkel said:

How about we change some passengers. Those who find the "Edge Class Concept" personally unappealing need not sail on Beyond, especially if they are familiar with Edge and Apex. No offense intended, but just like balcony chairs, infinite verandas, Eden, door stickers etc., you too, in your absence, could make for a more enjoyable cruise for everyone. 

Geez, take it easy friend. The poster was just trying to get some interested dialogue started. Seems like the only one offended was you.

• Like 8

5 minutes ago, miaminative0853 said:

Geez, take it easy friend. The poster was just trying to get some interested dialogue started. Seems like the only one offended was you.

Not offended at all, just realistically blunt. It's all part of the dialogue and just as relevant.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, miaminative0853 said:

An ‘interesting dialogue’  on saying what needs to be changed to something None of us have experienced yet?? And from the current posts, most are about ‘something’ (Eden) that was already changed. I’m not offended, and I don’t think Spif is, just pointing the obvious.

I remember when the S-Class was first being introduced, and we mainly saw the deck layout, mainly drawings and we got a ton of ‘This is terrible!!’. Yes, I know there are more than a few who do no like the Edge or the Apex and changing the BR locks aren’t what the point is. Their opinion….but we’ve been through that with tons of posts with the Edge being designed. So if you don’t like the Edge or Apex, then focus on that, my suggestion. 

But if a thread is going to be started about what to change on something None of us have experienced, you’re going to get the obvious responses. 

Den

Edited by Denny01
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I sailed on the Maiden Voyage of Apex- a wonderful cruise experience in the midst of a pandemic. I lot i liked, very very little I didn´t! Every ship has rooms, places, lounges which do not match ones taste- but thats the fun of it! What I want to change on Beyond- hm- I would love to see the comeback of a propper prommenade deck! But that, I know with X, is wishfull thinking.

• Like 4

My only want for the Beyond would be a water feature for the Thermal suite. Ideally a hot tub along with loungers setup on the forward outdoor deck that's accessable from the Thermal suite. Currently on the Edge and Apex that space is vastly underutilized with some animal sculptures and that's it. The space should be like it a mini Retreat sundeck.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Since changes to the Beyond are unrealistic at this point.  Maybe the early cruisers who have been on the Edge & Apex and sail on the Beyond can offer suggestions for the Ascent.  
As the E class has evolved it seems that some things that are changeable have been changed , rockers vs tables in Sky Suites, dumping the Eden creatures, , trying a expanded menu in Eden on the Apex, wind protection on the Roof Top Grill come to mind. 

13 hours ago, miched said:

There is no need for a sign to make up the cabin.  The attendants know when you are gone. 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

well I have had an attendant open our door and walk in while we were there! They know  your habits quickly unless you change your routine.

To make this thread meaningful it should have been started over a year ago.  It is probably far too late for changes to BEYOND.  Maybe some last minute superficial ones but nothing with a cost associated with it.  Unless it is a safety or health related change at this point.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, kwokpot said:

My only want for the Beyond would be a water feature for the Thermal suite. Ideally a hot tub along with loungers setup on the forward outdoor deck that's accessable from the Thermal suite. Currently on the Edge and Apex that space is vastly underutilized with some animal sculptures and that's it. The space should be like it a mini Retreat sundeck.

I agree 100%.  Great idea.  I loved the thermal suite but a water feature would be nice, and that forward deck is completely under utilized.  

Other than that, it already sounds like some great changes are being made to BEYOND.  A larger pool deck, a second bar in the atrium, hot tubs added to the Rooftop Garden, and a redesigned Sunset Bar.  All fantastic improvements to an already fantastic design IMO.  

Having just disembarked APEX a few weeks ago (my first Edge Class cruise), I was absolutely enamored with the ship.  Pretty much near perfection in my book.  Just loved her.  I felt this way about the M-Class as well but never the S-Class.  

• Like 3