Things to change on Beyond….

little britain

18 hours ago, Spif Barwunkel said:

You will be absolutely satisfied with your choice and in awe of Beyond. Whether you booked because of a hairless kitty cat or a stylish, well-toned ship, plan on a grand experience.  

Well I had been looking at the Edge when it was first announced and never really able to book anything.  After seeing the Beyond and pricing we decided we just really have to give Celebrity a try.  Now just to wait over a year before our sailing.  

16 hours ago, LadyShiva said:

- fix the underpowered hair dryers so that the button doesn't need to be depressed to use them.

- Hard Pass on the "Catfish Brandy Foam" amuse bouche.  The table was torn on the right translation for the communal "*****!?!" reaction.

- Bathroom locks: Throw stickers on the door for Lock versus Unlock.

-  Enforcement of masks in the fitness center.

- Enhance the deck plan to show the obstructed view of the 12th floor Magic Carpet S3s.  I was expecting a cutout, and there was no cutout on the railing.

- OMG, the grammatical errors!!! SPELLCHECK should be run on ->EVERYTHING<-. 

- More trashcans in public spaces.  Add dish returns around the Resort Deck.

- Remove the "drunk toddler playing marimba", "discordant organ", and "sick whale in the distance" from the ever present soundtrack on the Resort deck, Solarium, and Spa areas.  Their ASMR audio engineers have hate in their heart for us passengers.

- Please add a bit more energetic music to the DJ rotation.

Thank you for this opportunity to share constructive criticism. 

Now these are some "serious" concerns and suggestions. I would add to these, a re-positioning of the Magic Carpet. Port side is much more feasible.

Edited by Spif Barwunkel

7 minutes ago, PTC DAWG said:

"masks in the fitness centers"...I'm ready for the masking to be gone everywhere.  

On our July cruise on the edge no masks were needed at all on board if you were fully vaccinated, great cruise. Hope I can burn all my masks someday.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, mom2tcdx2 said:

Must just be me, I kind of like the green LOL.  The brown is OK.  I have sailed on Carnival a lot and i am really tired of their orangish coloring in the cabins.  Right now out of all ships I have been on I would say the MSC Seaside has to be the most beautiful ship I have ever seen.  Hoping the Beyond will outdo that one.  

Agree to disagree 🤐 Seaside/shore/view ships all look like straight out of the early 90's to me. Maybe Mrs. Aponte secretly worked for Carnival back in the day. 

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, gold1953 said:

I have been cruising a while,. They can enter any locked room.! That is how they help sick people and find bodies.

We were out of bed and dressed so not need of a do not disturb sign. They should never walk into a room!

If the door is locked from  the inside by the other locking device the cabin attendant can’t enter without security being their with their master card.   You have to turn that  knob.   The door locks when closed but when you turn the other lock it is locked 

the attendant has a master card that can open any  door but not one that is locked one by the other locking device 

If the door is locked from the inside by the other lock your card will not open it. 

Try it next time and ask the attendant

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

On 1/27/2022 at 11:42 AM, Dock B said:

Have only sailed on Celebrity once and that was on Edge in a Sky suite.

There wasn’t much we would change but here are some little things:

—better lighting at the mirror in the bathroom: when ‘window’ is open, then the natural lighting helps but when standing at the mirror, the lights shine on the countertop and don’t light the face

—eliminate the motorized curtains: they are kind of neat but there were times we only wanted one side of the drapes closed (to eliminate glare on TV) and drapes could only have open or closed

—larger nightstands and include a drawer in them: yes, with the balcony-facing bed (loved that!), there wasn’t much room for nightstands but as this is only a wish, thought I’d add it

—an actual bar in the Retreat lounge, with a bartender to make cocktails, pour wine, and in the AM would also be a barista

I haven’t looked at the Beyond details to see what is the same or different on it vs. Edge. But we’re already booked for Jan 2023!!

I am on Edge now and agree100% with all your suggestions. The down lighting over the sink and at the makeup area (with the lighted magnifying mirror) is ghastly or ghostly!

I have the same issue with the motorized curtains.

And yes, yes, yes to a regular bar in The Retreat Lounge. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Straughn said:

I am on Edge now and agree100% with all your suggestions. The down lighting over the sink and at the makeup area (with the lighted magnifying mirror) is ghastly or ghostly!

I have the same issue with the motorized curtains.

And yes, yes, yes to a regular bar in The Retreat Lounge. 

We slid in the desk that’s in front of the full length mirror about 8” or so. There was still enough room for the tray with water, glasses, etc. By giving those few inches, then we could get close enough to that mirror to get good light for my shaving or DWs makeup application.

On 1/26/2022 at 5:19 PM, little britain said:

1. Make the balcony chairs into loungers

2. make the balcony table a decent height and size 

3. Take away the box around the plugs so you can actually plug in the hairdryer 

4. Change the stickers on the door so one side reads “make up room” instead of both sides  saying the same thing

5. put colours on the public lavatories lock so people know if they are occupied  or not -so you don’t have someone continually  trying the handle whilst you’re sitting there 

feel free to add your own..  

sorry but you missed the board room meeting, ship is done.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

My initial response to this thread was to question how we could post complaints about a ship no one has even been on. But one poster legitimately responded that since we’d been on Sister ships they could and I was also told this was all ‘light-hearted’. so I thought I was probably off base and i should lighten up. 

But after reading 3 pages and 60 posts, many with extended lists of complaints, all I can think of is: I need to cancel all my future cruises! I didn’t realize how terrible all these ships are! I also must have a very limited understanding of what’s ‘light-hearted’. 

I know this is cruise Critic, but wow. And yes, I don’t have to join such threads, but it must be the moth-to-the-flame syndrome I’m afflicted with. 

den

Ok if not Beyond the ship beyond Beyond

Remove the tubs from a % of sky suites and make them walk in showers only. If you want a walk in shower and retreat but are not needing an accessible suite you are currently looking at a ridiculous cost for the cruise. 

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, uktog said:

Ok if not Beyond the ship beyond Beyond

Remove the tubs from a % of sky suites and make them walk in showers only. If you want a walk in shower and retreat but are not needing an accessible suite you are currently looking at a ridiculous cost for the cruise. 

What a useful comment. So many suite guests would not class themselves as ‘disabled’ but definitely are passed their peak of mobility and balance where a shower over the bath is not a sensible option (put me in that category).

We have only ever experienced this once in a CS on Equinox and it was hard work then when I was a lot younger as I am quite petite. I am sure lots of guests would like more choice about this.

• Like 1

On 1/27/2022 at 2:37 PM, AbbyCruiser45 said:

I just want outdoor, forward access for non-suite guests. I love Edge but no forward views is a deal breaker for my partner, so no Edge class for us unless the itinerary outweighs it. From the plans that I've seen so far, I don't think this is happening. 

Agree, I've only been on one Celebrity cruise, but I was disappointed there was no wrap round promanarde deck for non suite passengers  both for walking and forward views (unless I missed something)

But very much looking forward to sailing on Beyond in June

Edited by sgmn

1 hour ago, sgmn said:

Agree, I've only been on one Celebrity cruise, but I was disappointed there was no wrap round promanarde deck for non suite passengers  both for walking and forward views (unless I missed something)

But very much looking forward to sailing on Beyond in June

Do any Celebrity ships have a wrap-around promenade deck?

6 hours ago, Denny01 said:

My initial response to this thread was to question how we could post complaints about a ship no one has even been on. But one poster legitimately responded that since we’d been on Sister ships they could and I was also told this was all ‘light-hearted’. so I thought I was probably off base and i should lighten up. 

But after reading 3 pages and 60 posts, many with extended lists of complaints, all I can think of is: I need to cancel all my future cruises! I didn’t realize how terrible all these ships are! I also must have a very limited understanding of what’s ‘light-hearted’. 

I know this is cruise Critic, but wow. And yes, I don’t have to join such threads, but it must be the moth-to-the-flame syndrome I’m afflicted with. 

den

Ok the title of this thread is "Things To Change on BEYOND...." so that maybe might convince you that it is inviting lists of pet peeves but maybe also some legitimate suggestions. We cannot know of the motivation of the OP who started the thread.  The E-Class haters will have their say on a thread like this.  But maybe some of the suggestions could be used on the next ship, beyond BEYOND, since the time to change BEYOND is far in the past.  I find it funny that a thread like this gets started looking for feedback and after getting some contrary comments some posters get all offended.  Why?  If you don't like E-Class just move on.  Lot's of Celebrity and other ships are out there.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, miched said:

If the door is locked from  the inside by the other locking device the cabin attendant can’t enter without security being their with their master card.   You have to turn that  knob.   The door locks when closed but when you turn the other lock it is locked 

the attendant has a master card that can open any  door but not one that is locked one by the other locking device 

If the door is locked from the inside by the other lock your card will not open it. 

Try it next time and ask the attendant

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

True and we don't always lock our door during the day when we are in and out. Of course if we are showering we would. We assume that an attendant will knock. It was a port day mid morning and we had come back to get something as we were just walking around. The guy was rude and said " you are not suppose to be here'! Our door was locked on the day we were on the balcony and the sliding door slammed shut and locked. We had to yell to people on another balcony to send for help. The other person who replied to my post seems to think that rooms cannot be entered when locked

1 hour ago, TeeRick said:

Ok the title of this thread is "Things To Change on BEYOND...." so that maybe might convince you that it is inviting lists of pet peeves but maybe also some legitimate suggestions. We cannot know of the motivation of the OP who started the thread.  The E-Class haters will have their say on a thread like this.  But maybe some of the suggestions could be used on the next ship, beyond BEYOND, since the time to change BEYOND is far in the past.  I find it funny that a thread like this gets started looking for feedback and after getting some contrary comments some posters get all offended.  Why?  If you don't like E-Class just move on.  Lot's of Celebrity and other ships are out there.

I've read every post on this thread and I don't see a single "E-Class hater". I see folks who have cruised on e-class ships and have opinions as to what they would change if they had the power to do so. Criticism of some aspects of anything does not mean hatred of the whole.

What I do see in re-reading the posts are two or three people who for some reason want to shut down the dialogue and are strangely adamant about it. 

Everyone is aware that Beyond is now built. I dont think anyone thinks Celebrity is going send it back to the drawing boards based on the comments here. Folks just want to talk about what they hope will be different with respect to it. What is the problem with that? 

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, miaminative0853 said:

I've read every post on this thread and I don't see a single "E-Class hater". I see folks who have cruised on e-class ships and have opinions as to what they would change if they had the power to do so. Criticism of some aspects of anything does not mean hatred of the whole.

What I do see in re-reading the posts are two or three people who for some reason want to shut down the dialogue and are strangely adamant about it. 

Everyone is aware that Beyond is now built. I dont think anyone thinks Celebrity is going send it back to the drawing boards based on the comments here. Folks just want to talk about what they hope will be different with respect to it. What is the problem with that? 

If you read carefully my post says just what you said.  Sorry if you got offended.

8 minutes ago, miaminative0853 said:

It's CC, there will always be some who have fun with various posts, especially this one, me included.  Don't take it all so seriously.  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

If you read carefully my post says just what you said.  Sorry if you got offended.

"The E-Class haters will have their say on a thread like this."

If you don't like E-Class just move on."

Not offended, just not a fan of folks who want to shut down perfectly legitimate discussions. If that was not your intent, so be it, but it sure read that way to me.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, miaminative0853 said:

"The E-Class haters will have their say on a thread like this."

If you don't like E-Class just move on."

Not offended, just not a fan of folks who want to shut down perfectly legitimate discussions. If that was not your intent, so be it, but it sure read that way to me.

You took my statements out of the overall context of my post.  No problem.  Have a nice day.  By the way I was responding to the post by @Denny01.

Edited by TeeRick

35 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

It's CC, there will always be some who have fun with various posts, especially this one, me included.  Don't take it all so seriously.  

Excellent advice.  It's become obvious to even the most vocal E-class supporters that the E-class missed it's mark by alienating so many cruisers.  For a ship to be a real success it has to be exciting to a wide base of cruisers.

• Like 1

On 1/29/2022 at 11:36 AM, Ipeeinthepools said:

Excellent advice.  It's become obvious to even the most vocal E-class supporters that the E-class missed it's mark by alienating so many cruisers.  For a ship to be a real success it has to be exciting to a wide base of cruisers.

Funny but what was the mark?  It clearly has been a huge success for Celebrity's intended mark- new and younger customers.  Your definition of "mark" as a traditional Celebrity cruiser on M-Class and S-Class ships might be different. Maybe you are alienated and it appears so from your posts about E-class.  As for me,  I personally do like and prefer M- and S-class ships better than E-Class.  But as a long time Celebrity cruiser am I alienated - whatever that means?  No.  I fully understand that E-Class was not built for my demographic.  I did cruise on EDGE and enjoyed my cruise. It was not my favorite but still enjoyable for sure.  I sail suites so it was great from that standpoint - The Retreat is fantastic.  If I am not in a suite I would probably not do an IV- but just simply choose another ship.  No sour grapes.

• Like 1

On 1/29/2022 at 10:36 AM, Ipeeinthepools said:

I'm not sure what a real success versus fake success is. They might not be for everyone but E class are the best performing ships in the fleet by bookings and the revenue metrics Celebrity uses.