Live on Odyssey - January 29, 2022 - 8 Night Southern Caribbean 🚢

John&LaLa

11 hours ago, cindyscruise said:

Did you know that you can download the Royal app now, select the current sailing on the Odyssey and you will see the daily menus for all dining venues? Actually looks like they have them all up to the middle of May. 

YIKES. I had no idea! I have the app already, but didn't even think to check there. Thanks for your kind response!

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

I doubt that you’d Jeff Gordon see as NASCAR is starting up again on Sunday with The Daytona 500. 

I find it interesting in this photo that the windows in this photo are heavily tinted or the blinds are pulled down. The sun is shining on that side of the ship but it makes me wonder if they are ever up. 

There were people out on deck last night.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

The cans of water on Allure were screw tops.

We had a couple of those as freebie pass outs to the B2B TAD on Harmony.  Bucky loved his and refilled it often.  Me...I still prefer the plastic bottles to refill.  

But the standard water on board Harmony were the smaller pop top cans.  (True Blue...RCI brand).  

Here on Odyssey...has been bottles the whole time.  

• Like 1

16 hours ago, BecAus said:

I was going to ask John about that photo of the soda/water fridge in the SL and whether it is standard issue for all of the SL's (in particular Quantum and Ovation) although I don't think those 2 sail down in your part of the world usually?  I have read on and off about soda/water being available in SL's.

It sounds like from your post that it's not necessarily a perk available in all SL'S?

Our next 2 cruises are booked in suites (our first time in one) so I was interested.

That's 'IF', and it's a big if (unbelievably) whether we have a cruising season down-under this coming season starting in September.  Hard to believe they may not go ahead with another season, fingers crossed they can bring the ships down here.

Really enjoyed your thread and the photos John and also your contributions island lady.

Enjoy the rest of your cruise, it really looks delightful!

Thanks!  We do get bottles/cans of water when we ask for them in the SL on other ships, plus we tip a buck a bottle for them.  But I have never seen a "self serve" fridge of them in an SL as John posted.  

I am worried about my "down under" adventure being cancelled as well.  We had our 3 month cruising cancelled for 2020 out of Sydney, and did not want to take a chance on 2022....so I booked for 2023 starting in February.  Indeed I hope we both make it.  That "bucket list" seems to be tough to cross off for me. 😞 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

The ship seems to be stranded.  I wonder if anyone is ever seen on the decks, or are they stuck inside?

No, they were all over it, plus looked like some remodeling going on.  Worker bees in full covering bringing in materials.  There were walkers/runners on deck in the morning, plus activity at night, and plenty on deck to watch us sail out late last night.  Supposedly a training venue for the Church.  

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Ok, so this is my SL Crescendo

Very tasty

20220202_165449.thumb.jpg.294da1a03e357c13b1965b3bc000f841.jpg

And this is the ingredient list from @barbeyg

Citrus vodka, peach schnapps, sour apple liqueur, melon liqueur, pomegranate syrup and orange oil.  YUM!!  

I'd think the green would come through more🤔

Looks tasty indeed!!  And very pretty!  🙂 

Though the "green" would come through on me...I can't seem to handle sweet drinks.  😉 🤢

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

I've only been once, it was dead😪

We have been going in there around 4:45, (we have dinner ressies at 5:30).  They serve munchies starting right at 5 pm (good selection), but they are taking drink orders at your seat before that.  Quite a few Pinnies doing the same thing early, with the regulars each night.  Waiter knows their drink orders in advance.  😉  

Just behind us are two doors that lead into the DL.  Through the window we can see it being horribly crowded, with very limited seating...and walking in there to check it out  is a zoo with noise.  😮 

9 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

It still doesn't  make sense, but that's fine. It's just fun

Totally agree.  Did not need a plot...it's the wild special effects, visual candy, acrobatics, dancing, and singing that is fantastic.  We will probably wait to go again next week.  🙂  Loved it!  

• Like 3

On Anthem, first we had water in a soda can with top, then 2 days later we got water in the tall cans with screw cap, which is difficult to put back on, then we had 1 day of plastic bottled water, then back to the tall cans the rest of the 11 night cruise.    Felt like they were cleaning out storage.    We only drink the canned/bottled water in cabin otherwise I try to get their filtered water from different venues.

Did anyone go to West Deck for sunset dinner yesterday?

Edited by Sunshine3601

2 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

On Anthem, first we had water in a sea can with top, then 2 days later we got water in the tall cans with screw cap, which is difficult to put back on, then we had 1 day of plastic bottled water, then back to the tall cans the rest of the 11 night cruise.    Felt like they were cleaning out storage.    We only drink the canned/bottled water in cabin otherwise I try to get their filtered water from different venues.

Did anyone go to West Deck for sunset dinner yesterday?

Not us, but we totally loved our lunch there yesterday!  Fantastic Calamari and Grouper!  😋

• Like 2

1 hour ago, island lady said:

No, they were all over it, plus looked like some remodeling going on.  Worker bees in full covering bringing in materials.  There were walkers/runners on deck in the morning, plus activity at night, and plenty on deck to watch us sail out late last night.  Supposedly a training venue for the Church.  

The wikipedia link posted in this thread indicates blue asbestos on that ship, which Scientology denies. They seem to deny everything, so that's not a shock. (And yes, I know wikipedia isn't always 100% accurate.)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, molly361 said:

I wish they offered beer in addition  to wine as an amenity- Just throwing that out there. 😇

Which amenity? 

Biker, who had to change to a Corona as the C&A amenity since RCI has suspended juices as an amenity.

3 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Which amenity? 

Biker, who had to change to a Corona as the C&A amenity since RCI has suspended juices as an amenity.

Or Gifts whatever you call it.  I already get 1 Corona and then towels and totes since I don't drink wine.  It would be nice if a 6-pack of beer was offered along with all the wine selections  Just dreaming

Edited by molly361
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1