Live on Odyssey - January 29, 2022 - 8 Night Southern Caribbean 🚢

John&LaLa

3 hours ago, island lady said:

We had a couple of those as freebie pass outs to the B2B TAD on Harmony.  Bucky loved his and refilled it often.  Me...I still prefer the plastic bottles to refill.  

But the standard water on board Harmony were the smaller pop top cans.  (True Blue...RCI brand).  

Here on Odyssey...has been bottles the whole time.  

I would not like pop top cans. I tend to take sips and would not want to drink an entire can at one time.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I would not like pop top cans. I tend to take sips and would not want to drink an entire can at one time.

That was what we were given in December on the Allure.  I just poured them into an empty water bottle that I brought from our gift amenity from the Hyatt Place pre cruise.  

7 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

That was what we were given in December on the Allure.  I just poured them into an empty water bottle that I brought from our gift amenity from the Hyatt Place pre cruise.  

That is interesting. @John&LaLa postulated that the screw tops we had last week on Allure were left over from its time in Europe but you had pop tops a few weeks earlier.🤔

2 hours ago, molly361 said:

I had to google it to find out if it was a place or a bar😇  Going in August so it's now on the list.  Oh it's the  ONLY thing on the list so far🍸

There's also a couple other bars/grills that you'll pass on the way to West Deck that are on the waterfront/ bay ("Sittin' on the dock of the bay..." good song, Otis Redding) that are also good and closer to the port. All very walkable including West Deck. We only have drinks as we usually don't eat lunch.🍺

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Had a lovely day here in port.   Loved the new upgrades to the walkways here....so much cleaner and welcoming!  

Enjoyed our "ride" on the world's largest pontoon pedestrian swing bridge over the river.  Got talking to John and Laura, who was showing us her latest beautiful "bling" and realized the bridge was moving.  Went for a ride.  😉 Lots of pictures (John can post, I have to wait until I get a cell signal).   

Decided to walk back to check into our favorite restaurant on the point, Steak and Ribs.  On the way,I bought the usual tourist magnet (cheaper than Lala's bling 😄 )....and headed up for drinks and tapas. 

This restaurant is very old, little tricky to climb the stairs at the old port, but oh so worth it.  Nice wrap around open deck right on the point with the waves crashing into the seawall just below us.  

Had seafood cocktail, and local favorites tiny hot fresh corn bread rounds with cheese and another with tuna.  A couple of beers and a couple of SBs...and we were in heaven.  Wonderful breeze, great view, and the best table mate.  Even the local Calico kitty came up to get some treats.  😉 

On the way back, stopped at the cheese shop, picked up a package of Gouda.  Little trivia....the owner of the shop gave us samples, and was shocked I knew how to pronounce it.  He said he has been there seven years and no one has ever pronounced it correctly.  😄  FYI....it is pronounced like "COW-DA"....not "gooo-da".  😉 

• Like 6

5 hours ago, island lady said:

We had a couple of those as freebie pass outs to the B2B TAD on Harmony.  Bucky loved his and refilled it often.  Me...I still prefer the plastic bottles to refill.  

But the standard water on board Harmony were the smaller pop top cans.  (True Blue...RCI brand).  

Here on Odyssey...has been bottles the whole time.  

I was 'given' two cans of water last night when I left Boleros 😉

20220203_115616.thumb.jpg.beb5c8d9e996874cd74b30f4db8ade05.jpg

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I was 'given' two cans of water last night when I left Boleros 😉

20220203_115616.thumb.jpg.beb5c8d9e996874cd74b30f4db8ade05.jpg

Yup, same ones we had on Harmony with you.   Have not seen the cans on board yet.  Wonder if they are about to surface in total?  😮 

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

That is interesting. @John&LaLa postulated that the screw tops we had last week on Allure were left over from its time in Europe but you had pop tops a few weeks earlier.🤔

I thought I corrected myself about the water.

Harmony, first cruise post TA. Skinny Italian cans

1 hour ago, vacationlover_mn said:

John- another question 🙂. You had mentioned suites get early access to seating for shows.  We want to do that!  How do you know what time the early access starts, and when normal

access starts?

I know it's listed, but we haven't taken advantage of it. Two70 fills early for prime seats. 

Other shows, we just stumble into after the early group goes in I guess

• Like 1

Cropping pics from Curacao walk

But I'll start with this since Pat mentioned it allready 

20220203_115852.thumb.jpg.50248fb0004955e5f3ca71e367cd4469.jpg

Negotiations ongoing🤣🤣

20220203_145420.thumb.jpg.75992fb7eedd8181103f664e674dac99.jpg

Dutch beers for me. 

20220203_145357.thumb.jpg.d48b575446b41c11988d8324f3c0b102.jpg

Hello, Peacock

20220203_145328.thumb.jpg.7d403c84bb0d9e98d21db1e522c4a31a.jpg

Bucky and the girls are swinging, literally

20220203_145247.thumb.jpg.c92341adfef2f6806eb080887b90aabb.jpg

• Like 21

19 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if they were stuck inside all the time from what I have read about them.

I had a high school friend who went on their ship. She could receive mail but incoming and outgoing were censored. Most of the time she didn't know where she was. There would be islands in the distance but didn't know if it was Greece or Caribbean. She was on for years.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Cropping pics from Curacao walk

But I'll start with this since Pat mentioned it allready 

20220203_115852.thumb.jpg.50248fb0004955e5f3ca71e367cd4469.jpg

Negotiations ongoing🤣🤣

20220203_145420.thumb.jpg.75992fb7eedd8181103f664e674dac99.jpg

Dutch beers for me. 

20220203_145357.thumb.jpg.d48b575446b41c11988d8324f3c0b102.jpg

Hello, Peacock

20220203_145328.thumb.jpg.7d403c84bb0d9e98d21db1e522c4a31a.jpg

Bucky and the girls are swinging, literally

20220203_145247.thumb.jpg.c92341adfef2f6806eb080887b90aabb.jpg

Is that the way the Dutch wear the masks?  Neck warmer? Does looking up in the air keep Covid from spreading?

Edited by Jimbo

We just booked a JS on Odyssey for March.   This is an out of the blue booking for us.  Can you tell me about the JS booking situation for CK dinners?  Any idea if we will have a chance to book for all nights at the beginning of the cruise?  Will there be someone outside CK during embarkation lunch to do reservations?  I would hate to have to go begging each day for dinner reservations, but we do enjoy CK.    

23 hours ago, cindyscruise said:

Did you know that you can download the Royal app now, select the current sailing on the Odyssey and you will see the daily menus for all dining venues? Actually looks like they have them all up to the middle of May. 

Fun! It looks like it has menus for my actual sailing - with lunches on Sea Days. The days are numbered 1-9 (8-night cruise), starting with dinner on Day1 and ending with breakfast on Day 9.

Whether this our actual set of menus in 3 weeks or not, it is a pretty good idea of what’s for dinner.

Thanks for the info!

• Like 2