The Daily for Thursday 02/03/2022

richwmn

Take a Cruise Day

Today is Feed the Birds Day , The Day The Music Died, and International Golden Retriever Day

As he read, I fell in love the way you fall asleep; slowly, and then all at once.--John Green, The Fault in Our Stars

Meal Suggestion for today - Green Tomato Salsa
Drink of the Day - Peanut Butter Cup Martini
Wine of the Day - Domaine Bousquet 2020 Cameleon Made with Organic G
Destination of the Day - Tsuruga, Japan

Ships With Passengers

At Sea Caribbean

Nieuw Statendam   Destination Port Everglades eta 2/5
Rotterdam   Destination Philipsburg SX eta 2/5

At Sea Pacific

Zuiderdam   Destination Port Huanacaxtle M eta 2/4

Avalon CA US

Koningsdam   07:00 - 17:00

Puerto Limon, Costa Rica

Eurodam  

Ships Without Passengers

At Sea Caribbean

Nieuw Amsterdam   Drifting off Freeport BS

Augusta IT

Volendam  

Corfu GR

Zaandam  

Freeport BS

Noordam  

Limassol CY

Oosterdam   Anchorage

Long Beach CA US

Westerdam   Anchorage

0203NAmerica.thumb.png.7d2a7ca296d65350d6ebc51730d2f862.png

0203Europe.thumb.png.46b977b148ae1bef27f57c8cf572b62a.png

• Like 33
  • Thanks 15

Yesterday I indicated that Volendam was headed for Cadiz, Spain. The text portion of both CM and MT still show that, but both maps indicate that Volendam is at Augusta, IT so until she moves that is what I will show.

• Like 19
  • Thanks 8

Good morning.  Thanks for the Daily Report.

Great days.  I'm planning on hoping to take a cruise, someday.  I often feed the birds.  I'll play some Buddy Holly.  I think golden retrievers are beautiful creatures.

Interesting quote.

Looking forward to seeing the recipe for today's meal suggestion.  I may save that for this summer if I can get enough green tomatoes from my garden.

The drink sounds like a snack, hope the wine is good.

Thanks in advance for all the pictures of today's port that will be posted.

Prayers for everyone.

Have a wonderful day.   Stay safe. 

271889987_3167000646917932_1430685774674571412_n.jpg

• Like 27
  • Haha 17

Good morning everyone from the Sunshine State, warming up to 83 today and tomorrow.

A little over 6 weeks to our cruise on the Rotterdam, will be nice to sail on just about a brand new ship, haven't sailed on any of the Pinnacle class ships so looking forward to that also.

• Like 31

Good morning everyone and thanks for the report.  We still have three weeks before our cruise but my sister is heading to Miami today for her back to back.  Fingers crossed that she makes it from Traverse City MI after their storm yesterday. I enjoy feeding the birds.  Bye bye Miss American Pie.  I think golden retrievers are beautiful animals, hats off to them.  I’d have to serve that salsa as an accompaniment to something for a meal, enchiladas maybe?  Never been today’s port but will enjoy the photos later.  Prayers for everyone on our list.  Cheers to everyone celebrating happy events today.

• Like 34

Good afternoon.

It is currently 46°F and sunny here in NE England.

Thank you for today's daily Rich.

I regularly feed the birds and keep our bird bath in the garden topped up with water.

Golden retrievers are lovely dogs with a placid nature and easy to train.

I will give today's food and drink a miss.

We have never been to Japan.

Prayers 🙏 for all on the care list.

I wish everyone has a nice day.

Graham.

Screenshot_20220203_120741.jpg

• Like 29
  • Thanks 7

Thank you for the Thursday Daily, Rich.  Two weeks until my first time on a cruise ship in then 2 years.  Lots of bird feeders and golden retriever fans among our numbers.  62 years ago today was a truly sad day.  Green kind of describes the way I fall asleep most nights these days.  I'll pass on the meal and my Japan ports do not include Tsuraga.

Today’s care list:

Healing for the Dailyite family
Strength for Jacqui, dealing with more than should be on anyone’s shoulders

Welfare of furloughed crews
3 Baltimore firefighters being laid to rest
Safety for those in the path of winter storms, especially Texas
ger_77 DH Cardiac issues and cancelled cruise
Numerious dailyite friends and family with covid
From the rotation:
MissG’s father hanging in for one more cruise
Vict0riann’s Cousin with ALS and DH with Alzheimers
StLouisCruisers Niece DH undergoing throat cancerr chemo
SrLouisCruiser awaiting MOSE 2/21

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Kazu nice visit with Jose
5 BHB with passengers
Front Line Health Care Workers
Carnival Group  hospital ships Nieuw Amsterdam, Crown Princess, and Queen Victoria
Welcome home Queen of Da Nile
Cruiser Bill (Koningsdam to 2/20) HighlandCruiser (Nieuw Statendam to 2/13), and Cruising single   (Zuiderdam to 2/13) at sea
2 days for Lady Hudson (Enchantment OTS to 2/25)
Firefighters throughout Maryland covering Baltimore to give the ENTIRE Baltimore City Fire Department the day off for their funeral.
Tana improving and room with a view
Suslor’s neighbors covering the home of their neighbor in a
Koningsdan Staff Captain Sabine - officially onboard & introduced. - Our first female Staff Captain and HAL’s likely first female Captain(I know this is a repeat but she’s worth it)

Roy

• Like 30
  • Thanks 17

2 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

Thank you for the Thursday Daily, Rich.  Two weeks until my first time on a cruise ship in then 2 years.  Lots of bird feeders and golden retriever fans among our numbers.  62 years ago today was a truly sad day.  Green kind of describes the way I fall asleep most nights these days.  I'll pass on the meal and my Japan ports do not include Tsuraga.

Today’s care list:

Healing for the Dailyite family
Strength for Jacqui, dealing with more than should be on anyone’s shoulders

Welfare of furloughed crews
3 Baltimore firefighters being laid to rest
Safety for those in the path of winter storms, especially Texas
ger_77 DH Cardiac issues and cancelled cruise
Numerious dailyite friends and family with covid
From the rotation:
MissG’s father hanging in for one more cruise
Vict0riann’s Cousin with ALS and DH with Alzheimers
StLouisCruisers Niece DH undergoing throat cancerr chemo
SrLouisCruiser awaiting MOSE 2/21

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Kazu nice visit with Jose
5 BHB with passengers
Front Line Health Care Workers
Carnival Group  hospital ships Nieuw Amsterdam, Crown Princess, and Queen Victoria
Welcome home Queen of Da Nile
Cruiser Bill (Koningsdam to 2/20) HighlandCruiser (Nieuw Statendam to 2/13), and Cruising single   (Zuiderdam to 2/13) at sea
2 days for Lady Hudson (Enchantment OTS to 2/25)
Firefighters throughout Maryland covering Baltimore to give the ENTIRE Baltimore City Fire Department the day off for their funeral.
Tana improving and room with a view
Suslor’s neighbors covering the home of their neighbor in a
Koningsdan Staff Captain Sabine - officially onboard & introduced. - Our first female Staff Captain and HAL’s likely first female Captain(I know this is a repeat but she’s worth it)

Roy

Thank you for posting today's lists Roy.

Graham.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Good afternoon.

It is currently 46°F and sunny here in NE England.

Thank you for today's daily Rich.

I regularly feed the birds and keep our bird bath in the garden topped up with water.

Golden retrievers are lovely dogs with a placid nature and easy to train.

I will give today's food and drink a miss.

We have never been to Japan.

Prayers 🙏 for all on the care list.

I wish everyone has a nice day.

Graham.

Screenshot_20220203_120741.jpg

You are right on the money on Golden Retrievers, wonderful dogs with great dispositions. Though we always had Boxers my son had Golden's and we would dog sit for them and they never gave us any trouble though our Boxer wasn't wild about having them around.

• Like 25
  • Thanks 1

Good morning, Friends. Thank you for the Daily, the Lists and the Recipes.

I will be on a cruise in three weeks. Feed the birds reminds me of Mary Poppins. Three great musicians and a pilot gone too soon. Goldens are beautiful animals.

The salsa sounds good. The quote is interesting.

The rain started and last night and continued with high winds until a few minutes ago. We are under a flood watch as we're supposed to get a lot of rain today and tomorrow. Again, I am very grateful it is rain.

Hoping to hear more good news from our Daily family today.

🙏 and 🎉 for those on our lists.

• Like 32

Thank you for today’s Daily, Rich! A great combination of days! 

Thank you for keeping our lists, Roy! Morning Dailyites! Another beauty of a day! Sympathies and good wishes to those dealing with the horrible storm.

Off to the gym for my early classes. Then I think I will try washing the pavers in my driveway that picked up some oil spots from one of my many contractor’s trucks. I am going to try some Dawn mixed with a bit of water. If I can’t scrub it off, then I will get a professional to do it. 

Our animal theme continues…

DB0D7516-F46E-4AF8-9ED4-47EDA84060A1.jpeg.aa9fe01bd17d2f3c78d3237a790f801b.jpeg

974F2CB0-CB3C-4629-A083-5CD92FE097C8.jpeg.e566e07e01a0a0e5d416ef453642eae0.jpeg

F2662EA2-AFD4-4596-85A0-FC65B8F7BC19.jpeg.4309d7e7daaa73de506ae54629e8e75b.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support. Cheers to all who are celebrating! Stay well everyone!

Domaine Bousquet 2020 Cameleon
This Cab has excellent ratings and a reasonable price. I might need to try this, since it is aged in stainless. I do not believe I have ever tried a wine aged in stainless. My favorite Cab is aged in bourbon barrels. The wine du jour is available from several online distributors with prices starting at $19.99.

Distributor Notes

Like its namesake, Cameleon is the embodiment of fine adaptation to the environment. The label symbolizes the story of the Bousquet family, a fourth generation that left their native France after a long worldwide search for an idyllic wine growing region. Their search came to a natural conclusion in Tupungato where the family Bousquet tailored their extensive winemaking knowledge to the carefully chosen land. 100% Cabernet Sauvignon fermented and aged in stainless steel tanks to preserve its varietal typicity and achieve a fruity and expressive character.
Tasting Notes:
Intense purple color. Red and black fruits with spicy aromas. On the palate has blackberry and cherry aromas, with mineral and spicy notes. Medium body with round tannins.

• Like 29
  • Thanks 6
  • Haha 6

Good morning  to all.Thanks for the daily,Rich.Thanks to Roy and the F and B department.Also thanks to Graham for the explanations!

I would love to be on a cruise.We feed the birds here and enjoy watching them.I love Golden Retrievers as well.I think I will pass on the meal.

We spoke to our Tana  via the magic of the computer when we had family dinner last night. She tolerated a PT session in the morning  and  an OT session in the afternoon.She remains on  oxygen  and requires rest periods after each task.However,this is such a big improvement and we are all so grateful.

Thank you everyone  here who prayed and hoped along with us.

Today rain is expected all day but ice is a possibility tomorrow. Yuck.

@kazu,I am so glad you had a long visit with Jose.I hope you get good news about Marley’s  blood work.

Terry

• Like 34
  • Thanks 2

Good morning, thanks for the Daily!  Oh how I'd love to take a cruise right now!  We feed the birds every other day, no matter the weather.  It was a sad day for music when that plane crashed.  We aren't dog people, but golden retrievers are lovely dogs - friends of ours had one and he was just a treasure.

I know this isn't a golden, but it still made me laugh; hopefully you'll get a smile out of it as well.

255666713_SomethingHappened.jpg.ff8369893313697e2792e5ed117649e9.jpg

We're stuck in this cold spell for the next number of days with overnight temperatures going down to -36C, but I just heard the forecast and now they're predicting that on Sunday we could be in the single digits.  Strange world we're living in!  Last night we watched a tv special on the thawing of the permafrost in the north - that's scary.

Looking back at our cruise memories on today's date, 6 years ago we were with friends at Montego Bay, Jamaica, and 4 years ago we were in Key West, Florida.  It's unfortunate that Key West has decreed that the larger ships can no longer visit; we always enjoyed our stops there.

I enjoy salsa, so will look forward to seeing today's recipe.  I plan on having a few pots of tomatoes on the patio this year, I'd love to make salsa from some of them.  For us, because it's do darn cold, it's another day to put something on the stove to simmer - today it's going to be turkey soup.  I have half the carcass from our Christmas turkey in the freezer that will be put on the stove with vegetables to cook all day.  Along with buns from yesterday's baking, that's what will be on our dinner table tonight.  And wine.

Prayers for everyone who needs them and even for those who don't think they do.  We'll clink the glasses together to celebrate all on the happy list - which is getting longer than the prayer list . . . yay!  Be well, get your boosters, wash your hands, wear your masks, stay safe, and keep warm!

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

• Like 39

35 minutes ago, cat shepard said:

Thank you for today’s Daily, Rich! A great combination of days! 

Thank you for keeping our lists, Roy! Morning Dailyites! Another beauty of a day! Sympathies and good wishes to those dealing with the horrible storm.

Off to the gym for my early classes. Then I think I will try washing the pavers in my driveway that picked up some oil spots from one of my many contractor’s trucks. I am going to try some Dawn mixed with a bit of water. If I can’t scrub it off, then I will get a professional to do it. 

Our animal theme continues…

DB0D7516-F46E-4AF8-9ED4-47EDA84060A1.jpeg.aa9fe01bd17d2f3c78d3237a790f801b.jpeg

974F2CB0-CB3C-4629-A083-5CD92FE097C8.jpeg.e566e07e01a0a0e5d416ef453642eae0.jpeg

F2662EA2-AFD4-4596-85A0-FC65B8F7BC19.jpeg.4309d7e7daaa73de506ae54629e8e75b.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support. Cheers to all who are celebrating! Stay well everyone!

Domaine Bousquet 2020 Cameleon
This Cab has excellent ratings and a reasonable price. I might need to try this, since it is aged in stainless. I do not believe I have ever tried a wine aged in stainless. My favorite Cab is aged in bourbon barrels. The wine du jour is available from several online distributors with prices starting at $19.99.

Distributor Notes

Like its namesake, Cameleon is the embodiment of fine adaptation to the environment. The label symbolizes the story of the Bousquet family, a fourth generation that left their native France after a long worldwide search for an idyllic wine growing region. Their search came to a natural conclusion in Tupungato where the family Bousquet tailored their extensive winemaking knowledge to the carefully chosen land. 100% Cabernet Sauvignon fermented and aged in stainless steel tanks to preserve its varietal typicity and achieve a fruity and expressive character.
Tasting Notes:
Intense purple color. Red and black fruits with spicy aromas. On the palate has blackberry and cherry aromas, with mineral and spicy notes. Medium body with round tannins.

Funny croc joke. We have American Crocodiles in Florida and I've never seen one but with 28 years of playing Golf in Florida I've had some close encounters of the alligator kind.

Edited by MISTER 67
  • Like 24
  • Thanks 1

Good morning, everyone.

We did not get the ice that this storm could have dumped on us, but the snow is coming down steadily.  I am going to go out and scrape off the first layer and try to keep the bottom of the driveway relatively clear and hope I can prevent the city from plowing me in again.  

Well, the other day we had dessert for dinner and today we're having chips and dips.  Yes, we've all done that once or twice.   Or maybe we're starting to pile up recipes for the super bowl party.   Good luck finding green tomatoes, but if you do, I think this is a winner.  And, the vegans in the family will love it as well.   https://yupitsvegan.com/green-tomato-salsa-verde/

green-tomato-salsa-verde-1.thumb.jpg.244da58ad966b66fae5c67c5708682ae.jpg

This next one says if you can't find green tomatoes, just use firm red ones.   This one has been seasoned a bit more.   https://www.everylastbite.com/green-tomato-salsa/

1789158931_greentomatosalsa2.thumb.jpg.dbd4ae8b42de0da106f7ddc7ab0d1aa7.jpg

And if you have extra time on your hands, why not make your own chips?  I'm sure they will be better than the ones in the bag.   https://www.simplyrecipes.com/recipes/how_to_make_homemade_tortilla_chips/

1478421237_homemadetortillachips.thumb.jpg.a6d0251cc7c0ab291f6736ad49526a6e.jpg

Prayers for those who need them and cheers to those who are celebrating.   I hope today is a great one for all.

• Like 30
  • Thanks 12

Good morning friends!  It's about 54F and cloudy.  Rain started last night but we are in between storms right now.  Grateful for the rain and no ice or snow.  My family members in other states are coping with snow, and in Cincinnati sleet.  School has been called off thank goodness!  Thanks Rich @richwmnfor the Daily and the explanation of Volendam's whereabouts.  I would love to see some more ships on the move.  Take a cruise day is awesome!  Feeding the birds is a favorite pastime of some here. A sad event was the day the music died 63 years ago.  Golden retrievers are a good looking breed of dog.  My twin has one who is quite elderly.   I think I'm allergic to Madi though.  My eldest grandson has a young Golden who is quite rambunctious named Boomer.  I haven't met Boomer at this point in time.  Someday!  Green tomato salsa sounds like it needs something to accompany it.  Tsuruga, Japan was the port of the day on Dec. 22 so perhaps we will see some of those photos repeated today.  Due to the holidays some of us may have missed them.  Looking forward to them!

Thank you Roy @rafinmdfor our Care and Celebration lists.  Prayers for those on the Care list.  Praying also for my friend Joy @Seasick Sailorand I hope to hear from her soon here on the Daily.  Stay safe in the storms in Texas Joy!  It was nice to hear Jacqui @kazuenjoyed her visit with Jose.  Let's hope that can continue!  Wonderful news that Tana was able to call the family via the computer last night.  What a mood lifter that must have been.  Cheers to those with good news to celebrate, and cruises on the horizon.  Hope we all have a wonderful day, regardless of the weather outside.  

• Like 29
  • Thanks 1

I have a sunset today instead of a sunrise and am shocked to even have that.  It's from my 2016 Antarctic cruise on Crystal Symphony and on February 3 we were pretty much in the middle of the Antarctic experience.

dusk0203.jpg

Roy

• Like 29
  • Thanks 5

Good Morning.  An appropriate day for Bird feeding day.   I have been out already shoveling a path to the area out front where I am feeding my birds and put out their first bowls of food.  I think I mentioned I have switched them from feeders to spreading it out along the driveway to make it simple for my neighbor to feed them.   We had 12" of snow and there is a lot of shoveling to do.   Our plow guy came but many other areas need to be shoveled.  I feed all year long.   Early arrival Baltimore Oriole ( never had then at the feeder in MD ), an explosion of Cardinals and eight hungry Hummers at our cabin.   

Love Goldens but have never owned one.   I am a wee bit too young for Buddy Holly but I love the Don McLean song.  Salsa looks good thanks for the pictures! The wine sounds great.  

Prayers to everyone on Roy's care list, prayers for healing for Tana and a good blood test for Marley.   🙏

BO suet 5118.jpg

Cardinal explosion 13117.jpg

eight hungries 81221.JPG

• Like 34
  • Thanks 4

9 minutes ago, ottahand7 said:

Good Morning.  An appropriate day for Bird feeding day.   I have been out already shoveling a path to the area out front where I am feeding my birds and put out their first bowls of food.  I think I mentioned I have switched them from feeders to spreading it out along the driveway to make it simple for my neighbor to feed them.   We had 12" of snow and there is a lot of shoveling to do.   Our plow guy came but many other areas need to be shoveled.  I feed all year long.   Early arrival Baltimore Oriole ( never had then at the feeder in MD ), an explosion of Cardinals and eight hungry Hummers at our cabin.   

Love Goldens but have never owned one.   I am a wee bit too young for Buddy Holly but I love the Don McLean song.  Salsa looks good thanks for the pictures! The wine sounds great.  

Prayers to everyone on Roy's care list, prayers for healing for Tana and a good blood test for Marley.   🙏

BO suet 5118.jpg

Cardinal explosion 13117.jpg

eight hungries 81221.JPG

Beautiful bird photos!  My favorites are bluebirds and cardinals.

• Like 18