What will I notice that’s different & all questions consolidated?

envy4u

1 hour ago, Steelers36 said:

Why do you need to wait OTP for someone in shareholder benefit dept?  

Why not get a copy of your investment statement showing >= 100 shares, mark it up as needed to cover account numbers and net worth type stuff, scan it, and email to them along with your voyage details?

What email address do you use?  I thought we cannot cover up the account numbers, name, date on the investment statement. That is the reason I usually fax it.  

Also, need help on scanning my Canadian Passport onto the medallion app.  It does not have an option to use the back camera, only the front camera allow.  It is impossible not to have the glare and not seeing what you are scanning.  Can't manually type in passport details because the date.

Help,

Grace

10 minutes ago, lost4sure said:

What email address do you use?  I thought we cannot cover up the account numbers, name, date on the investment statement. That is the reason I usually fax it.  

Also, need help on scanning my Canadian Passport onto the medallion app.  It does not have an option to use the back camera, only the front camera allow.  It is impossible not to have the glare and not seeing what you are scanning.  Can't manually type in passport details because the date.

Help,

Grace

sbpcl@PrincessCruises.com.  If you elect to fax:  661.753.0180.  Issues?... 1.800.872.6779 x30317

"Please provide by email(1), fax or by mail your complete legal name, reservation/booking number, ship and sailing date, along with proof of ownership of Carnival Corporation or Carnival plc shares (for example, photocopy of shareholder proxy card, a dividend tax voucher or a current brokerage or nominee statement with your current mailing address and your brokerage account number blacked out) no later than 3 weeks prior to your sail date to your travel agent or to the cruise line you have selected below. (1)If you chose to email, you do so at your own risk and with the knowledge that email is inherently an insecure method of communication." 

I print a recent statement page.  I then black-out account information and dollars.  I scan that to PDF.  They have Name. Address, Stock listing and nbr shares. 

Your issue is not because you are Canadian.  Many CC posters have reported this camera issue where the MC App is turning on the selfie mode.  This is a bug and I think it may be only with Apple.  I never had the problem last year (it seems to be more recent and was not an issue when MC App was released).  If you cannot flip the camera perspective, don't worry, as it is only a convenience thing and info can be manually entered.  Why is the date a problem for you?  Just enter the date in the format Princess wants it.  (Sorry, don't have my phone handy to look at that section or I might have some more to add).  Try again manually and see what happens.

• Like 1

Thanks for the shareholder info.  Glad I am not the only person with the scanning problem; I am using an android phone.  Not Iphone.  

The date is set on the today date and I have to go back by monthly to my birth year.  Date is not manually punch in as in DD/MM/YY.  I did manually go back by months and then there is an error on another issue.  Nevertheless, it was very frustrating!

Grace

26 minutes ago, lost4sure said:

Thanks for the shareholder info.  Glad I am not the only person with the scanning problem; I am using an android phone.  Not Iphone.  

The date is set on the today date and I have to go back by monthly to my birth year.  Date is not manually punch in as in DD/MM/YY.  I did manually go back by months and then there is an error on another issue.  Nevertheless, it was very frustrating!

Grace

OH .. THAT issue.  I thought I read where people were scrolling back by year.  It certainly is a stupid and amateurish programming effort for a date field.  

ETA:  I wonder if a trick is to manually set the date on your phone to your BD, do the entry in MC App, and then change phone setting to auto set the date.  Might be faster in long run.

Edited by Steelers36

8 hours ago, lost4sure said:

Help,

Grace

I was able to get past the glare issue by making a color photocopy of the passport.  I was able to scan the photocopy because the copy didn't have the sheen of the original passport.

I could not scan passport so manually put it in

i did email stockholder benefit but since we only booked last week and sailing this Saturday I was xo Verne’s there was not enough trips,e to get the credit. Checked this morning and it was there. 

However wait times when phoning in are ridiculous. Even first agent I talked to were upset and surprised at hold times. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, greener said:

submitted my request last week.  should i have received a confirmation e-mail?  did not.  should i resubmit it?

The automated email they are sending out is new so I’d suggest you wait the 21 days and then resubmit your documentation. I didn’t get the automated email the first time I submitted my request on 1/26.

13 hours ago, lost4sure said:

Grace

That date thing is really screwy; poor design that is trying to use some "helper" function.  If you tap on the year, you should get a scrollable menu of years and then you can roll it back to the relevant year and select that.  

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

OH .. THAT issue.  I thought I read where people were scrolling back by year.  It certainly is a stupid and amateurish programming effort for a date field.  

ETA:  I wonder if a trick is to manually set the date on your phone to your BD, do the entry in MC App, and then change phone setting to auto set the date.  Might be faster in long run.

The impression I got putting info in the Medallion Class App was that there were many different individuals (contributors) in the set up. Yes, some of it as I was doing it, made me scratch my head in wonderment. 

• Like 1

My husband cruises tomorrow on the Ruby Princess. This cruise was booked just a few weeks ago, but he has never been able to select a boarding group or answer the medical questionnaire. He was unconcerned but I decided to take this on as a challenge. 

I phoned Princess Saturday, chose the Medallion option and requested a call back. A couple of hours later I received a call in which I was told the app was not working that day and to call again this week. 

I phoned Princess yesterday, chose the Medallion option and requested a call back. I finally had to leave the house so I wrote down his booking number, put one AirPod in my ear, and started driving. I eventually received a call back. I relayed the booking number and was told that there was no such booking.  Thinking my call had possibly cut out, we tried two more times.  No, he was quoting the booking number I had written down, and told me again there was no such booking. He transferred me as a “high priority” to customer relations. 

Customer relations agent found the booking immediately (whew) but said they could do nothing to fix the Medallion App, but then told me (I’m not joking) that the the check in process could be completed online in the Cruise Personalizer. I asked how long that had been possible and was told he didn’t know. 

Of course, that’s not true at the current time. 

Finally, I phoned Princess this morning, chose the Medallion option and requested a call back. About an hour later I got one. The Medallion rep could replicate the same issue we’ve been having (app freezes when he tries to choose a boarding group, also can’t complete health questionnaire) and said she would submit a work order for the fix. When I pointed out that he leaves tomorrow, she said it was being escalated but there were no promises. 

We’ve used the app for three other cruises since the startup. Only for the most recent cruise did it work without issue (Dine My Way excepted, of course). The check in process on the app is a fail, the customer service associated with the broken app is a fail. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

My husband cruises tomorrow on the Ruby Princess. This cruise was booked just a few weeks ago, but he has never been able to select a boarding group or answer the medical questionnaire. He was unconcerned but I decided to take this on as a challenge. 

I phoned Princess Saturday, chose the Medallion option and requested a call back. A couple of hours later I received a call in which I was told the app was not working that day and to call again this week. 

I phoned Princess yesterday, chose the Medallion option and requested a call back. I finally had to leave the house so I wrote down his booking number, put one AirPod in my ear, and started driving. I eventually received a call back. I relayed the booking number and was told that there was no such booking.  Thinking my call had possibly cut out, we tried two more times.  No, he was quoting the booking number I had written down, and told me again there was no such booking. He transferred me as a “high priority” to customer relations. 

Customer relations agent found the booking immediately (whew) but said they could do nothing to fix the Medallion App, but then told me (I’m not joking) that the the check in process could be completed online in the Cruise Personalizer. I asked how long that had been possible and was told he didn’t know. 

Finally, I phoned Princess this morning, chose the Medallion option and requested a call back. About an hour later I got one. The Medallion rep could replicate the same issue we’ve been having (app freezes when he tries to choose a boarding group, also can’t complete health questionnaire) and said she would submit a work order for the fix. When I pointed out that he leaves tomorrow, she said it was being escalated but there were no promises. 

We’ve used the app for three other cruises since the startup. Only for the most recent cruise did it work without issue (Dine My Way excepted, of course). The check in process on the app is a fail, the customer service associated with the broken app is a fail. 

Hope he has a great trip.  We booked the Regal on Monday and it sails Saturday.  I have had trouble with the app but have most of what they want.  Where did it ask to choose a boarding group?  I never saw that. I see we're in the green lane. Arrival group A.

28 minutes ago, dickinson said:

Hope he has a great trip.  We booked the Regal on Monday and it sails Saturday.  I have had trouble with the app but have most of what they want.  Where did it ask to choose a boarding group?  I never saw that. I see we're in the green lane. Arrival group A.

Thank you!  I said boarding group but I guess it’s arrival group. I don’t have his iPhone with me and I can’t even log into my app since I have nothing currently booked. 

1 hour ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

@PescadoAmarillo

Thanks for posting your experience.... your patience is infinitely greater than mine.  The conflicting answers are very disconcerting, and it's hard to know what to believe. (I really wish the check-in WAS still part of the cruise personalizer!!)

Please let us know what your husband actually does in order to board?  TIA!