Can we have a thread highlighting where Quarantine Cabins are on Princess Ships? (Helps picking rooms)

Ombud

• Ombud changed the title to Can we have a thread highlighting where Quarantine Cabins are on Princess Ships? (Helps picking rooms)
7 minutes ago, weedpindle said:

Not hard to figure it out, Princess website will not let you book a quarintine cabin.

Except it let me book a room and mark it "no upgrade."

Edited by Ombud
  • Like 5

14 minutes ago, Ombud said:

Except it let me book a room and mark it "no upgrade."

Yes, We were booked on the Majestic January 15-22-2022.  We had an amazing Dolphin balcony booked in March of 2021.  We had that room marked as no upgrade and had us upgraded twice.  then come to find out that they were using it for quarantine rooms.  Those cabins were open up until about 6 weeks prior to our cruise.  Then they finally blocked all of them out.   Once were were on board, the entire deck was quarantined.  

I am very happy that you have started thread, since we were pretty upset that they kept moving us without any reason.

We are booked again on the Majestic for April and have stayed away from Dolphin deck

• Like 4

Great thread.

How they figure this is a mystery. We are booked for the Enchanted this June and they moved all mid ship angled Dolphin balcony cabins to tiny balconies one floor up. We are traveling with friends and wanted a decent sized balcony next to each other. Now they are in a small balcony across from the laundromat and we also were moved to a small balcony room.

They said that this was per CDC guidelines.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Techwizardress said:

Yes, We were booked on the Majestic January 15-22-2022.  We had an amazing Dolphin balcony booked in March of 2021.  We had that room marked as no upgrade and had us upgraded twice.  then come to find out that they were using it for quarantine rooms.  Those cabins were open up until about 6 weeks prior to our cruise.  Then they finally blocked all of them out.   Once were were on board, the entire deck was quarantined.  

I am very happy that you have started thread, since we were pretty upset that they kept moving us without any reason.

We are booked again on the Majestic for April and have stayed away from Dolphin deck

We are also booked in April. They would not let us choose a cabin but gave us a guaranteed premium deluxe balcony (D4). Most of those are on the Dolphin Deck. I am assuming we will get a Premium deluxe aft (which are the only other ones) or they will upgrade us to a mini-suite. I am hoping that by the time we sail some of the protocols will be lifted. 

For sure on Discovery, Dolphin Deck starboard and Port towards aft are quarantine cabins. We lost cabin on starboard and friend on Starboard side last week. We sail end of March.Don't know how much further on Dolphin the quarantine cabins go.

Friends currently on the Enchanted said most of port and starboard on Dolphin are quarantine. She said the elevators don't even stop on Dolphin deck 9.

When we were on the Majestic last November, it was only Dolphin cabins on Port side towards aft. Now it looks like more cabins are required.

So it appears as though the Royal class ships of which the above are, are using Dolphin deck.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

What is accurate today is probably not the same sooner or later, probably sooner.

Cabins reserved for quarantine can be changed as often as Princess feels a need to do so.

So unless you are making a booking for the near future, it is only a guess which cabins will be so-reserved.

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Ombud said:

So on Enchanted Princess the Dolphin Deck is where the quarantine rooms are??

We were moved from our extended aft balcony on Dolphin to a tiny balcony on Baja. So yes, I believe the entire deck is being used for quarantine. 

Great idea for a new sticky thread.

Edited by hllwdcruiser

12 hours ago, DANCING GRANDMOMMY said:

We are also booked in April. They would not let us choose a cabin but gave us a guaranteed premium deluxe balcony (D4). Most of those are on the Dolphin Deck. I am assuming we will get a Premium deluxe aft (which are the only other ones) or they will upgrade us to a mini-suite. I am hoping that by the time we sail some of the protocols will be lifted. 

Hey, When we sailed there were quite a few contracts up for many of the crew.  I believe that they were getting their new crew sorted in the deck 9 cabins.  Our waiters, the cruise director and many bar servers were going home within the next couple of weeks (January and February).  Many had been on since June of 2021.   So maybe that is why the entire deck 9 was closed.  Just my thoughts...

• Like 2

Does anyone have a general sense of what proportion of total passengers on any given Princess cruise are ending up with some days of their cruise in quarantine at this point in time (i.e. 1%, 5%, 10%, 15%)? Same question for staff?