ms Rotterdam in Port Everglades February 20, 2022

Scrapnana

Rotterdam will be at pier 26 (port to) from 5:15 am to 4 pm.  She will be sailing a 7-day Southern Caribbean itinerary.

Cruise itinerary map for Holland America Line 7 Night Southern Caribbean (1347)

Also in port are Odyssey of the Seas at pier 18 (5am - 5pm), Celebrity Edge at pier 25 (6:15am - 3:30pm), Caribbean Princess at pier 2 (5:45am - 4pm), and Celebrity Equinox at pier 29 (4:30am - 4pm).  Celebrity Infinity arrived on Saturday and will be departing from pier 19 at 5pm.  For something you have not seen before, Wonder of the Seas will be arriving to pier 18 at 6 pm.  She is the brand new RCI ship and the largest cruise ship in the world (236,857 GT).  She will transfer to pier 21 on 2/21 at 9 pm and then departs Port Everglades at 5 pm on Wednesday 2/23.

The PTZtv webcam can be found at https://www.portevergladeswebcam.com/ .

Next up:  Nieuw Statendam on Wednesday 23 February.

• Thanks 2

10 hours ago, RedneckBob said:

Thanks for letting me know. I would hate to miss this sailing. I am on it.

7 hours ago, Cruise Suzy said:

I won't be able to join the onlookers for sailaway. I'll be on Rotterdam as well and have requested a wave. As long as we leave by 5:45, I'll be waving from our Deck 7 balcony, just aft of the mid-bump-out. Yellow jacket.

Hope you have a great time.  I am sooooo jealous!

It's listed on the HAL website.  I think it is going to Bimini and Half Moon Cay.  I have no idea why they changed the cruise from 7 days to 4 but I do know that they shortened a Nieuw Statendam cruise around that time to do an upgrade to the azipod engines.  Maybe it is the same issue.

On 2/18/2022 at 11:59 PM, Scrapnana said:

Rotterdam will be at pier 26 (port to) from 5:15 am to 4 pm.  She will be sailing a 7-day Southern Caribbean itinerary.

Cruise itinerary map for Holland America Line 7 Night Southern Caribbean (1347)

Also in port are Odyssey of the Seas at pier 18 (5am - 5pm), Celebrity Edge at pier 25 (6:15am - 3:30pm), Caribbean Princess at pier 2 (5:45am - 4pm), and Celebrity Equinox at pier 29 (4:30am - 4pm).  Celebrity Infinity arrived on Saturday and will be departing from pier 19 at 5pm.  For something you have not seen before, Wonder of the Seas will be arriving to pier 18 at 6 pm.  She is the brand new RCI ship and the largest cruise ship in the world (236,857 GT).  She will transfer to pier 21 on 2/21 at 9 pm and then departs Port Everglades at 5 pm on Wednesday 2/23.

The PTZtv webcam can be found at https://www.portevergladeswebcam.com/ .

Next up:  Nieuw Statendam on Wednesday 23 February.

We sail on the Rotterdam 4 weeks from today, 7 day Southern Caribbean. 

Yeah, I know what the 4 day cruise is.  It was originally scheduled to be a 7 day Western Caribbean cruise.  I was curious what the ship was going to do for the other 3 days.  Usually if there is a mechanical problem somebody would have posted about it.  This has been a scheduled 3 day mystery since the first week of December.  They could be going to Freeport for some type of repair, but it just seems strange that it was scheduled 3 months ago.  Also, Freeport doesn't show it on their schedule.

39 minutes ago, seatrial said:

I believe that's the Island Princess. She begins sailing in about a month or so.

I agree, Island Princess is now the quarantine ship for Carnival Corp. taking over duties from the Nieuw Amsterdam.

Edited by MISTER 67
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, MISTER 67 said:

That's what I think, Island Princess is now the quarantine ship for Carnival Corp. taking over duties from the Nieuw Amsterdam.

I agree.  Looking at the stern of the ship and the chopped off top of the funnel, that's the Island Princess.