Vaccine requirement question

richbum

I am trying to do a little survey to see how many people are not cruising because of the vaccine requirement. Are cruise lines loosing a lot of business because of it? Please no snarky comments...Just a question.

My husband and I are not.  We have cruised at least 1 time per year over the past 10+ years and have stopped.  We will continue only if cruise lines take away this requirement.  And before anyone asks, we both have medical reasons for not taking the shot. 

• Like 1

I’m sure they are loosing some business but I suspect it’s outrageously better for them to keep the requirements. First, they couldn’t have gotten back up and running without them, the CDC had a bunch of mandates that being 95% vaccinated got them out of. Now they are actually finally getting traction with being in business and not having ‘covid outbreaks’ all over the news. No reason for them to give up a system that seems to be mostly working.

• Like 1

I've looked at previous surveys from different sources about just this subject.  The vast majority - and I mean vast- like 8/9-1 favor the vaccine requirement.  So if the cruiselines are suffering at all, it's not because that.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, richbum said:

I am trying to do a little survey to see how many people are not cruising because of the vaccine requirement. Are cruise lines loosing a lot of business because of it? Please no snarky comments...Just a question.

Not an isuec for us, triple jabbed with international QR code certificate to prove it. We are not travelling to various countries because of the covid restrictions that some have that would make the holiday not worthwhile for us, but this factor is subjective. 

Vaccination requirements are a non issue for us. 

• Like 1

I believe passenger numbers are down due to the totality of the circumstances, not specifically due to the vaccine requirement.  My cruise in October was booked to 40% capacity and my parents just cruised an NCL ship last month with only 25% capacity.  Considering America is 85% vaccinated, it doesn't really add up that passenger counts would be that low based solely on vax requirement.  

By the way, that cruise in October was wonderful!  I'm hoping my upcoming cruise in May is just as great.  

3 hours ago, Michele035 said:

My husband and I are not.  We have cruised at least 1 time per year over the past 10+ years and have stopped.  We will continue only if cruise lines take away this requirement.  And before anyone asks, we both have medical reasons for not taking the shot. 

In this case you can apply for an exemption on some cruise lines.

18 minutes ago, 1025cruise said:

In this case you can apply for an exemption on some cruise lines.

Not many will accept unvaccinated passengers, whatever the reasons. 

Strange that a couple both suffer from a rare medical condition that means neither of them can be vaccinated. 

What are the odds !

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

We are not cruising for the following reasons:

Possibility of having to wear masks not just on the ship but in ports of call

Having to test

Possibility of having to isolate because of close contact

Possibility of having to quarantine because of a positive or false positive to a lesser value cabin

We are vaccinated so that is of no consequence to us.  We don't care if other people are vaccinated or not.

Plenty of places to vacation that do not require any of the above.

We enjoyed cruising and were planning on taking several a year.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wowzz said:

Not sure where you got that figure. 

As of mid February only 64% had received two vaccinations.  

1 hour ago, mom says said:

Curious where you got that number. Mayo Clinic puts the fully vaccinated in the US at less take 64% as of the end of Feb  22

Ya'll are correct.  I misread a site.  It was referring to having received 1 dose.  My apologies.  

Edited by Aquahound
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Aquahound said:

Ya'll are correct.  I misread a site.  It was referring to having received 1 dose.  My apologies.  

Hats off.

Rare site indeed for someone to admit they made a mistake on this website.

Edited by klfrodo
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I  wouldn't cruise unless they keep the vaccine requirement.  My partner is vulnerable and you can still catch it even when triple vaxed. Plus the ship wouldn't be allowed into most countries because countries have that requirement 

• Like 3

Apparently, Cunard, at least according to their policy on their website, do not require vaccine for sailings after April 17th QM2 and May 17th QE.

In my opinion, they are out of line with the industry on this one. I may be canceling as a result.

https://www.cunard.com/en-us/the-cunard-experience/sailing-with-confidence/our-assurance-to-you#vaccine

All guests (of all ages) will need to be fully vaccinated in order to travel on any voyage departing up to and including April 17, 2022 for voyages on Queen Mary 2 and May 17, 2022 for voyages on Queen Elizabeth.......

The vaccine policy currently does not apply to sailings beyond these dates, or on Queen Victoria, scheduled to return to service on June 5, 2022.

1 hour ago, sverigecruiser said:

How many shots is "fully vaccinated"? Two, three, four? 

It used to be two, but now many European countries are stating that if your second vaccination was more than 270 days ago, a booster vaccination is required to be considered fully vaccinated.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1