The Daily for Wednesday 03/09/2022

richwmn

Just now, AncientWanderer said:

Good afternoon, Everyone.

Recently on Koningsdam the Club Orange chef did a lamb dish with mole sauce.  It was really delicious.  Somehow the strong taste of lamb stood up well to the mole sauce.  I'd only had the sauce with chicken before and didn't care for that.

Puerto Montt, Chile is a fabulous port stop -- really beautiful.  We rented a car and saw most of the things that others have pictured here.  I recall the rental process being a bit of a hassle, but once completed, we had a great day.  Roads were good and it was a very pleasant experience.

@kb4683Kay, betcha eat that cake.  It's different than the one in MDR -- great mousse.  Well, last year I had one for my birthday, and we did eat all of it after having it sent to our stateroom.

It's kind of grumpy time around here, sad to say.  DD and DGD both have covid.  DD is pregnant, so we worry -- though she is triple vaccinated.  So far she's had fever and bad headache.  DGD is still full of energy, although fever comes and goes.  Oddly, DSIL did not test positive.  I've been delivering dinners.  We do what we can.

In other news, sweet pup Pocket had his boy business surgery, so he's fighting with his Elizabethan collar all day.  You guys know how that goes.  

As I say, grumpy time.

On that cheery note, I'm happy to see so many of you out there on cruises and making plans for cruises -- some very extensive plans.  Things are coming around!

Have a great afternoon/evening.  Thanks to all.  🌻

Sorry your DD and DGD tested positive .  I also hope they continue to have mipd cases and that there is no harm to the expected grandchild.  

Sorry is wearing the Elizabethan collar.   I like that name better than the cone of shame.  Normally, the wearers did nothing to be ashamed about.

Lenda

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, kb4683 said:

He said it was very good; however, he wasn’t a real fan of the topping and said the underside was much better.  His butter was on the side.

1 hour ago, Cruising-along said:

Oh, that's good, I'll tell her to order it on the side next time (and I would too, if I ever have it). 

Are the  still  not giving crackers  with  the  cheese plates.

Jim.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Crazy For Cats said:

Good Afternoon All, thanks for the daily report.  Today’s meal suggestion sounds good and 

image.png.64c7015a2dd7e164010dcfe85f1378fc.png

exactly how I feel about our weather here in Eastern PA.   currently tin the UGH stage which wil change to Yay stage for a couple of days.   Yo Yo weather is tiring.

• Like 14
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Cruising-along said:

Key words, "up the hill"!  Wow, you still have a lot of snow!  When does the snow in your yard usually melt away?   The trees are in bloom here -- still a bit chilly, but spring is definitely in the air.

Snow melt is different every year. We are only at 928 feet above sea level. It looks like a late spring for Skykomish this year.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

I have not read all the posts but will try to get to them later.

Our visit to the urologist confirmed the advice of the ER physician.  The stone is very very small.  It is not something to worry about right now.  If he passed it, he probably would not even know it.

So, this is not causing the pain, and would certainly not prohibit us from going on our cruise in April.

We still do not have a resolution for the pain.  But that is where we are right now.l

Thank you for all your prayers and support.

God Bless,

Terri

• Like 14
  • Thanks 10

Well, ran into a snag with my upcoming cruise. The Health Assessment link says to please try again later, no matter what device or browser I use. After two calls to HAL, they finally admitted it was a known issue and I can fill out a paper copy at the terminal. I asked about not being able to get a “real” boarding pass because of that and they said “hmmm, they’ll have to do something for you at the terminal then…”. Not feeling confident about this!

Anyone else run into this?

• Like 11

2 minutes ago, Navybikermom said:

Well, ran into a snag with my upcoming cruise. The Health Assessment link says to please try again later, no matter what device or browser I use. After two calls to HAL, they finally admitted it was a known issue and I can fill out a paper copy at the terminal. I asked about not being able to get a “real” boarding pass because of that and they said “hmmm, they’ll have to do something for you at the terminal then…”. Not feeling confident about this!

I had filled everything out prior to our recent cruise and had everything organized, but when we arrived at the terminal, I could not get a green light at the health assessment station.  DH was okay, but not me.  I was sent to secondary inspection and it turned out to be a computer glitch.  They printed out new boarding pass slips for us with an active code and we were good to go.  No worries.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, Navybikermom said:

We couldn’t fill out the form until the day before our cruise. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, irishjim said:

Are the  still  not giving crackers  with  the  cheese plates.

Jim.

Jim — There was a very thin slice of toasted baguette with this one.  The cheese plates he has ordered in the MDR have come with 3-4 thin wafer-like crackers (he never eats crackers with his anyway 😉)

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, dfish said:

Lady luck smiled down on me and my phone call follow up to the MRI has been moved up to March 23.  There was a cancellation apparently.   Or someone decided a 5 minute phone call wasn't that hard to fit into the schedule.  I had a work around.  I'll see the results on My Chart.  I was going to print them out and take them into my primary care doctor.  Or call John and read them to him.   

Debbie, I'm glad you got the phone call moved up.

3 hours ago, AncientWanderer said:

It's kind of grumpy time around here, sad to say.  DD and DGD both have covid.  DD is pregnant, so we worry -- though she is triple vaccinated.  So far she's had fever and bad headache.  DGD is still full of energy, although fever comes and goes.  Oddly, DSIL did not test positive.  I've been delivering dinners.  We do what we can.

In other news, sweet pup Pocket had his boy business surgery, so he's fighting with his Elizabethan collar all day.  You guys know how that goes.  

As I say, grumpy time.

Sorry to hear about the Covid diagnosis for DD and DGD. Especially scary with the pregnancy. Prayers for them both.

2 hours ago, aliaschief said:

Well that was interesting. This small private cabin cruiser just went by honking their horn! All hands on deck were bent over dropped bathing suits throwing us moons!😱😁😎

Oh my, what a sight! 😯

2 hours ago, Cruzin Terri said:

I have not read all the posts but will try to get to them later.

Our visit to the urologist confirmed the advice of the ER physician.  The stone is very very small.  It is not something to worry about right now.  If he passed it, he probably would not even know it. So, this is not causing the pain, and would certainly not prohibit us from going on our cruise in April.

We still do not have a resolution for the pain.  But that is where we are right now.l

Thank you for all your prayers and support.

God Bless,

Terri

Terri - sort of good news, but still no answer for the pain.

2 hours ago, HAL4NOW said:

Here is Barbie's BBQ:

Amazon.com: Barbie Barbecue and Pet Set with Grill and Stool : Toys & Games

Cute, lol!

• Like 16
  • Thanks 2

43 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

Do any of the dailyites know what the procedure is for transferring a booking to a travel agent?

Thanks in advance.

Roy

There was this thread about it, although it's a little old. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, marshhawk said:

@dfish  Several weeks ago I told a young lady that I really liked her cobalt blue, mermaid green hair.  She said "Thank you, but I really like yours, gray, silver and white.  That's cool."

My call sign in the Navy was “Silver Fox”, but not because I’m foxy - lol. I get lots of compliments on my silver hair. Wear it with pride 😎

• Like 17

2 minutes ago, marshhawk said:

@dfish  Several weeks ago I told a young lady that I really liked her cobalt blue, mermaid green hair.  She said "Thank you, but I really like yours, gray, silver and white.  That's cool."

Mine is kind of pewter.  I was hoping it would come in pure white.  

• Like 14

2 hours ago, rafinmd said:

Do any of the dailyites know what the procedure is for transferring a booking to a travel agent?

Thanks in advance.

Roy

Roy,

your New travel agent will send you a form that you need to fill out and either fax or email back to Holland America. You’ve then need to call your PCC at Holland America and they will ask you if you in fact want this done. You say yes and it will transfer in a week to 10 days I just did it. 

Edited by summer slope
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, AncientWanderer said:

Good afternoon, Everyone.

Recently on Koningsdam the Club Orange chef did a lamb dish with mole sauce.  It was really delicious.  Somehow the strong taste of lamb stood up well to the mole sauce.  I'd only had the sauce with chicken before and didn't care for that.

Puerto Montt, Chile is a fabulous port stop -- really beautiful.  We rented a car and saw most of the things that others have pictured here.  I recall the rental process being a bit of a hassle, but once completed, we had a great day.  Roads were good and it was a very pleasant experience.

@kb4683Kay, betcha eat that cake.  It's different than the one in MDR -- great mousse.  Well, last year I had one for my birthday, and we did eat all of it after having it sent to our stateroom.

As I say, grumpy time.

On that cheery note, I'm happy to see so many of you out there on cruises and making plans for cruises -- some very extensive plans.  Things are coming around!

Have a great afternoon/evening.  Thanks to all.  🌻

Sorry to hear your news!  If it’s any consolation our great niece just gave birth this week, and had Covid about a month ago and was vaccinated as well,  baby is fine. 

• Like 15

7 hours ago, rafinmd said:

Thanks in advance.

Roy

Take the paperwork, or booking number, into your travel agent of choice. He / she will take it from there and contact HAL. If they don’t know how to do that, you DONT want them handling your cruise, so find another.

• Like 4

Good morning.

Thank you for today's daily and fleet reports Rich and Roy for the various lists.

I'm sure all of us have had panic days but hopefully we overcame them.

Our church congregation are nice people but I'm sure today's quote might apply to some churches.

Prayers 🙏 for Ukraine and everyone else they might help.

Take care.

Graham.

IMG_20220309_181713.jpg

IMG_20220309_174612.jpg

IMG_20220309_185433.jpg

IMG_20220309_173707.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 14