Is it time to replace Johnny Rockets?

2 hours ago, Oceansaway17 said:

If Guy Fieri ever got the RCI account, then I think they would close.  

Funny that Jamie Oliver's only restaurants is on a few RCI ships.  

Guy's Burgers on Carnival does not have an additional charge. Can't believe people are willing to pay extra for Johnny Rockets, but they do.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, taglovestocruise said:

Recently on Navigator. JR  $9.95 or Playmakers $9.00 for burger only.  Jr only worthwhile because of unlimited food.  Playmakers has a awesome menu and great burgers.  Ship did not need both.  They should get rid of the Dog House and make JR express complimentary.

Get rid of the dog house?? That’s blasphemy!

• Like 2

I love Johnny Rockets.  Like some others replied, we enjoy going one time per cruise for dinner when we don't want to worry about the time or what to wear.  We also like their omelets for breakfast.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, time4u2go said:

I know that RC periodically changes out their upcharge restaurants on their ships, so I'm wondering if it isn't time to change out Johnny Rockets.  I know it's different than the others since it is an external brand, and I have no idea what type of arrangement RC has with Johnny Rockets, but it seems like it's getting stale, at least to me.  They have been on some RC ships for 20 years or so.  Does anyone else feel that it is time for a change?  If so, what would you like to see in its place?

5 Guys

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Another_Critic said:

They should replace it on Anthem.  It's a la carte and usually pretty empty (at least off season).  I'd like to see JR replaced with Fish & Ships (like Ovation).

I agree, the design of Johnny Rockets on the Anthem is 100% fail.  It’s so pitiful.  

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Vibe said:

Guy's Burgers on Carnival does not have an additional charge. Can't believe people are willing to pay extra for Johnny Rockets, but they do.

Guys burgers on Carnival are the best at sea, maybe on land too

• Like 7

2 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Annoyed that they have started to have "premium" breakfast items for an upcharge vs. everything complimentary. E.g., the hamburger and eggs breakfast will now cost you $5. 

image.thumb.png.71f7f1d4d1be788d8f63741f60b4fc2f.png

What happened to their omelets? I always ate breakfast there a couple of times every cruise. 
Did I dream the omelets?

32 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

What happened to their omelets? I always ate breakfast there a couple of times every cruise. 
Did I dream the omelets?

When they revised the breakfast menu to add the extra charge items they lost the omelets.  First time I saw the new menu was on Oasis last October.  What's been sad is that since then, on Oasis, Allure, and Harmony with the new menu, none of them had chili for The Works scramble.  "We don't have chili, sorry."  "The chili is actually red pepper flakes."  "I can bring you a bottle of Tabasco sauce."  I hold out hope that Wonder has chili next week. 

3 hours ago, not-enough-cruising said:

Same here, on every cruise there is a night where you don't feel like anything but some greasy fast food, its great those nights.  On oasis class ships I like the breakfast as well for a change of pace.

Several sailings lately have not offered JR's for breakfast.😪

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, HicksRA said:

The only thing good about JR, IMO is the breakfast on Oasis class. If you want a good burger, you can get a half dozen Wagyu burgers from room service for $7.95. A lot better deal than JR’s. 

My last room service burger was a dissapointment. Not hot, which is a big letdown for fries.

If food in JR is not up to speed, they remake it immediately 

On Navigator I can see getting rid of JR. Although I do get their chocolate shakes with Kahlua pretty much every day. On Navigator JR is Johnny Rockets Express, which is just counter service. For burgers and fries we'd rather go inside to Playmakers.

Now, let's get the Mason Jar on the existing ships!

If they dumped everything on a ship I didn't like and brought in only things I did, it'd be a weird, weird place.

We've never done Johnny Rockets but on every cruise we've been on they've rarely been hurting for business. If it's not broke all that badly... 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, taglovestocruise said:

Recently on Navigator. JR  $9.95 or Playmakers $9.00 for burger only.  Jr only worthwhile because of unlimited food.  Playmakers has a awesome menu and great burgers.  Ship did not need both.  They should get rid of the Dog House and make JR express complimentary.

Ah this makes sense! I was wondering why people would choose JR when their ship has Playmakers but I get it now.

Regarding Quantum:
I saw an article that when it went to dry dock 2019 JR became The Noodle Shop because the ship was supposed to cruise in asian waters for a while.

I’ve seen two reviews- one had the Noodle Shop and the most recent had a different name Splash-away Cafe. But as you can see in the picture below it has retained the More asian look. 
I will be interested to see if it still looks like that when I sail in July to Alaska. 

E1D140AD-680C-4B85-AC42-14E285017998.jpeg

11 hours ago, Oceansaway17 said:

well I for one am grateful.

Oh and thanks for your thread on Wonder.  I just watched her leave  on PTZ.  I leave in 3 weeks.

Hoping perhaps ice or water show is more complete and perhaps the parade too.

Go watch on You Tube the new IONA P&O ship.  wow really neat ship out of UK.  r

toodles

We’re on Iona in 2 weeks and Wonder in July. Can’t wait to experience them both 🤩

• Like 1

15 hours ago, mcgore83 said:

I would not miss it.  Burgers are overpriced.  My guess is alot of people go there to just get an familiar, American burger.  And yes, I know not all passengers are Americans.  Just making a guess.

I totally agree.  No way would I pay extra for a hamburger.

• Like 2