Protocols Update soon

molecrochip

21 minutes ago, SarahHben said:

We've heard from P&O now and we've been allocated a deck 9 conservatory mini suite, further back than I would have chosen but I called and that's all that's available on deck 9 so we're sticking with it.

That's unfortunate. If you had got a deck 8, you could flog the passers by cold drinks and cover the cost of the cruise.

• Haha 11

38 minutes ago, zap99 said:

That's unfortunate. If you had got a deck 8, you could flog the passers by cold drinks and cover the cost of the cruise.

Funnily enough my husband said pretty much the same thing.

My parents have been allocated a deck 8 mini suite, they're not happy, dad's going to call and see if it can be changed. We've gone from having 3 cabins all close together to having one at the rear of mid/aft on deck 9, one mid/forward on deck 8 and the other mid ship on deck 14 🙄

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SarahHben said:

My parents have been allocated a deck 8 mini suite, they're not happy, dad's going to call and see if it can be changed. We've gone from having 3 cabins all close together to having one at the rear of mid/aft on deck 9, one mid/forward on deck 8 and the other mid ship on deck 14 🙄

You really shouldn't have asked P&O to put the rest of the family as far away from you as possible...😉😂

• Haha 5

36 minutes ago, SarahHben said:

Not what you wanted and certainly not ideal, but I'm sure you will make the best of it and have a lovely cruise. You will at least have a chance to have a bit of privacy.🛳️🤣

3 minutes ago, zap99 said:

Not what you wanted and certainly not ideal, but I'm sure you will make the best of it and have a lovely cruise. You will at least have a chance to have a bit of privacy.🛳️🤣

To be honest we've waited so long for our first cruise that we would have accepted pretty much any cabin just to actually go. My parents managed to swap their deck 8 for deck 9 so they are happy now.

We're all mostly glass half full people so would always try to make the most of whatever comes our way 😊

Now I need to research what mini suite perks we get.

• Like 8

18 minutes ago, SarahHben said:

To be honest we've waited so long for our first cruise that we would have accepted pretty much any cabin just to actually go. My parents managed to swap their deck 8 for deck 9 so they are happy now.

We're all mostly glass half full people so would always try to make the most of whatever comes our way 😊

It will be wonderful. A first cruise is so very special.

Am pleased your parents got moved to deck 9.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, SarahHben said:

I used to book 3 cabins, and I would have despaired if my parents were moved to the other side of the ship. They relied a lot on us, and we would always want the same muster station etc. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Ardennais said:

I used to book 3 cabins, and I would have despaired if my parents were moved to the other side of the ship. They relied a lot on us, and we would always want the same muster station etc. 

My parents have managed to get a cabin on deck 9 now, only 4 cabins away from us. We are forunate that they are used to cruising anyway so would be confident even if they weren't near us. Not everyone else would be ok in the same circumstances though and I feel sorry for others affected.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, SarahHben said:

I'm pleased your parents got moved Sarah.

I hope your first cruise is the start of many cruising experiences for you.

We booked another cruise today on Iona for next year.

Graham.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, SarahHben said:

My parents have managed to get a cabin on deck 9 now, only 4 cabins away from us. We are forunate that they are used to cruising anyway so would be confident even if they weren't near us. Not everyone else would be ok in the same circumstances though and I feel sorry for others affected.

I suppose P&O just don’t even consider things like that! My parents are quite independent at home and drive moderate distances, but it’s just that their mobility has deteriorated and has slowed them down, and my father is also quite hard of hearing. So on holiday, they do rely a lot on us. 

Anyway, glad that you’ve got a good .. ish outcome! 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Ardennais said:

Talking of going to muster stations, when your cabin looks like post #92 it's time to go!

Edited by bbtablet
error in post number
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

9 hours ago, SarahHben said:

My husband was looking forward to the canapes until I told him how highly rated they are on here 🤣

Sadly (???) none of those either in our conservatory mini suite in December.   No perks that I can think of.

There are perks in mini suites on other P and O ships, but not Iona,   Strange...  Just thought, perhaps it is because there are rather a lot of them.

Edited by indiana123
to add
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, indiana123 said:

Sadly (???) none of those either in our conservatory mini suite in December.   No perks that I can think of.

There are perks in mini suites on other P and O ships, but not Iona,   Strange...  Just thought, perhaps it is because there are rather a lot of them.

Oh well we’ll find out in 8 weeks time 😊

From what I’ve seen on recent YouTube videos people with the conservatory suites get:

Priority boarding, so we should get onboard a bit earlier. We’re travelling to Southampton the evening before so that would be handy.

Complementary lunch/drinks.

Use of robes, I usually pack mine for holidays so I won’t have to.

Slippers, not likely to fit anyway.

Binoculars & atlas, we tease my hubby because he loves a good atlas/map.

Chocolates 👍🏻
Champagne, we will add it to our Aperol if we decide to take it.

Extra White Company toiletries 

In other places online I’ve seen it stated that you also get:

Canapes, 😂

Fresh fruit & flowers in cabin

Inclusive room service 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, jaydee6969 said:

It is a pain, not being involved in the process just a bystander.  I think I need to group our bookings for October, as we have 3 together which would currently be in the quarantine zone.  I don't know if P&O take any notice of this when moving, but I know the in-laws would not be happy to be all split up on different sides and decks.

Our 3 bookings were linked but that made no difference in the ‘Covid cabin shuffle.’ My sister is going to try swapping her deck 14 cabin for one closer to us this morning.

Have you had any news of a cabin change for your upcoming cruise yet? 

Edited by SarahHben
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, SarahHben said:

Our 3 bookings were linked but that made no difference in the ‘Covid cabin shuffle.’ My sister is going to try swapping her deck 14 cabin for one closer to us this morning.

Have you had any news of a cabin change for your upcoming cruise yet? 

Thanks for that, will link them anyway just to make it easier if we do all want to eat together etc.

No news as yet, still in our chosen cabin at the moment.  Finger crossed it stays that way.  We are in a GA grade, so if it does happen they have plenty of 'upgrade' scope sadly.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jaydee6969 said:

Thanks for that, will link them anyway just to make it easier if we do all want to eat together etc.

No news as yet, still in our chosen cabin at the moment.  Finger crossed it stays that way.  We are in a GA grade, so if it does happen they have plenty of 'upgrade' scope sadly.

Hopefully you’ll be fine.
If it helps, my sister was due to be in 11.461, so just past the deluxe cabins, and she was moved, not ‘upgraded’ though.

8 minutes ago, SarahHben said:

Hopefully you’ll be fine.
If it helps, my sister was due to be in 11.461, so just past the deluxe cabins, and she was moved, not ‘upgraded’ though.

Interesting, we are a few cabins away on a different deck, but I think the other side of the fire doors.  I wonder if they have moved/reduced the quarantine zone.  Time will tell.

It is worrying, because we are away on a mini B2B over Easter, we keep getting emails regarding those two.  Every time I see its from P&O, my heart sinks until I read the email, and its unrelated.🤣

21 hours ago, SarahHben said:

Saw this and thought it might be of interest to you

https://cruisewithamber.co.uk/iona-conservatory-mini-suites-all-you-need-to-know/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, SarahHben said:

Priority boarding, so we should get onboard a bit earlier. We’re travelling to Southampton the evening before so that would be handy.

I really don't want to disappoint you and of course it may be much different now, but we went in December and we were disappointed about the following

We went for priority boarding and got turned away.

No special lunch, just everyone in the dining room or buffet.

No chocolates (there was wine)

No fruit

No canapes

We were disappointed.  We had read a blog by a lady called Emma, I think, who listed al those things as included.  We believed her so were disappointed.

It may have changed of course.

3 minutes ago, indiana123 said:

I really don't want to disappoint you and of course it may be much different now, but we went in December and we were disappointed about the following

We went for priority boarding and got turned away.

No special lunch, just everyone in the dining room or buffet.

No chocolates (there was wine)

No fruit

No canapes

We were disappointed.  We had read a blog by a lady called Emma, I think, who listed al those things as included.  We believed her so were disappointed.

It may have changed of course.

Priority boarding and embarkation lunch are for full suite passengers and Baltic and above loyalty tiers only. I think you should have had chocolates, fruit and canapés once a week (or for gala dinner nights) though, as the perks are meant to match Superior Deluxe cabins. Perhaps you didn’t get them “because of Covid”, as that’s the excuse for poor service and short cuts everywhere now, not just on cruise ships!

We were on the Isle of Wight last week and had a fantastic seafood platter at the renowned Crab & Lobster pub in Bembridge. We desperately needed finger bowls (peeling prawns etc) and when we asked for them we were told “we used to provide them but stopped doing so ‘because of Covid’”. What on earth Covid has to do with a finger bowl I have absolutely no idea. Nonsense on stilts 😂  

• Like 6

40 minutes ago, Selbourne said:

Priority boarding and embarkation lunch are for full suite passengers and Baltic and above loyalty tiers only. I think you should have had chocolates, fruit and canapés once a week (or for gala dinner nights) though, as the perks are meant to match Superior Deluxe cabins. Perhaps you didn’t get them “because of Covid”, as that’s the excuse for poor service and short cuts everywhere now, not just on cruise ships!

We were on the Isle of Wight last week and had a fantastic seafood platter at the renowned Crab & Lobster pub in Bembridge. We desperately needed finger bowls (peeling prawns etc) and when we asked for them we were told “we used to provide them but stopped doing so ‘because of Covid’”. What on earth Covid has to do with a finger bowl I have absolutely no idea. Nonsense on stilts 😂  

Selbourne, do Caribbean tier no longer qualify for the embarkation day lunch?

Edited by terrierjohn