The Daily for Saturday 03/19/2022

richwmn

Good morning friends!  It's a warm morning, a bit humid and trying to dry out from all the rain.  We walked to the gym and saw something waddle across the roadway in the dark.  Because it was faster than an armadillo we decided it was a possum.  Spring has sprung apparently!  Thanks Rich @richwmnfor the Daily report.  And thanks also go to Roy @rafinmdfor our Care and Celebration lists.  Prayers were said during our walk for all here on the Daily, my family members and the people of Ukraine.  I pray for better news everyday.  Cheers to our celebrants.  Enjoy the cruises!

As for the days I could really use a laugh.😄  I love quilts but don't do it myself.  Your quilts were very pretty Debbie @dfish.  A very useful artistic hobby.  Cheers to the sports car racing day.  Not the same thing, but we live by the Atlanta Motor Speedway which is Nascar racing.  Tomorrow is the special race for Folds of Honor at AMS, so all the racers are in town.  I thought the quote was interesting, and honestly there are a few folks I'd like to give a black eye to, as well.  The beef stir fry looks delicious and I could enjoy any one of the three recipes.  The wine looks good too.  We've been to Barcelona many times at the beginning, middle or end of a cruise.  Lots to see and do there, just be careful!  We went on a cruise with our kids and grandkids in 2019 for our 50th anniversary and this is a photo they took while seeing the sights.  DSIL is behind someone's head in this photo but oh well.  We were on the ship and hadn't gotten into Barcelona yet to pick them up.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJhXszSVjVeCFu0eWw6idoe?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1563671152

Whew, some of those kids have grown a lot since 2019!!

I'm thankful for Jacqui's @kazureport today on Jose and Marley.  We understand what a difficult job you've had keeping everything moving along with all you've had on your plate.  I hope the placement won't take very long, and that Marley doesn't have to go the steroid route.  Your guys are so lucky to have you as their caretaker.  😇

• Like 26
  • Thanks 1

It was another foggy morning  here and the first sign if spring was the little skunk staring at the dogs from across the street in the dark.Fortunately they were not interested  and we escaped easily.

Barcelona is one of our favorite  places in the world.We have only been there twice but very much enjoyed it.I have a beautiful  quilt made by my DSIL  that I use daily.I do not have the kind of patience it takes to do such lovely work.We had informal drag racers here in Yonkers who make a lot of noise on the NYS Thruway  3 blocks from here.

Tana has decided on the first recipe for today thanks Debbie  @dfish.The fish dish yesterday was gone in an instant! I need something for my vegetarians  as well. 

The nurse felt  that Tana was slightly  improved which we all celebrated.The nights are a problem  but we have rotated ourselves  so one person is not always up.

A picture of the quilt

20220319_103323.jpg

• Like 30

Good Morning All,

Thank you @richwmn for the daily, and all who contribute.

I have quilts made by my great grandma, gramma, and one I made years ago.

At the beginning of the week there was a prediction of a bit of rain today. As the sun came up, it became apparent that is not likely.😕 If I can find decent tomatoes we’ll be having Tomato Pie. Remember that classic? DH periodically requests it.  Will also try to finish shorex planning and start packing. We leave in 15 days!🤭🤭

This was the scene this morning, after a very busy night. You can see who’s responsible, and how he’s sleeping in.

Have a great day everyone!

7C5C04C0-2E90-44A9-8937-FF411B240AE5.thumb.jpeg.11a8e1d1291597d029aec6e3ee4c2b25.jpeg

Edited by TiogaCruiser
  • Like 14
  • Haha 18

Sunny in Durango but maybe some showers Sunday or Monday. Since it is the weekend the roofers at the shelter are away. Everyone can breathe easy for a few days. The staff and the animals are holding up well through all of this, but it does put a strain on the nerves. Next week the HVAC has to be hoisted onto the roof and we start the repair on one kennel area. And so it goes on and on.......

I love beef stir-fry. Have not made it for awhile. Thanks for the suggestion. I have a number of quilts made by my grandmother including one that was made for me as child when I first moved out of the crib. It has puppies that were made from those patterned flour sacks that were common in the 1930's and 40's. Funny thing is that when she was young she aspired to be a seamstress but was told she could not be since she was left handed. She sewed beautifully and made many of my early dresses and of course the quilts . She also made a lovely wardrobe for one of my dolls. The doll is long gone but the dresses, coats and hats are carefully stored in a little trunk. AAhhhh memories.

Susan

• Like 27

Good morning all!

It's raining hard this morning with highs in the mid 40's.  Even predictions of some of that "frozen mix" tonight, but I think it's too warm for that. 🤞

I've never cared about car racing, laughter every day--several times a day --  is so important and I never learned quilting but know many people who make lovely quilts. Beautiful quilts Debbie @dfishand Terry @smitty34877!

We love beef stir fry (or chicken!)  I never use a recipe, just cut up a lot of peppers of all colors, onion, carrots (sorry Debbie) 😉 and celery.  We like it over brown rice and I usually use a store-bought sauce 😱 I have a great recipe for sauce and have made it that way too, but found that DH and I like this just as well and much less work lol.

Will pass on the drink, I'm sure I've had the Marlborough wine before and will look for it today at Total Wine when we're out.  We've been to Barcelona 2 or 3 times, I'm sure my photos would be like all the others. 

Later today we'll go to the HAL Travel Show in Seattle.  Apparently there will be a lot to see and do there, from Alaska mush dogs to gold panning and toasting marshmallows.  I'll try to get some photos to share here later.

@marshhawkAnn I agree, I live the same way (assume everyone has Covid) and wear my mask. I think you're being smart.

I'm curious about one thing.  Here we get our Covid tests free.  Recently Bruce Aliaschief said they paid $98 in Florida -- is that typical around the country? 

@smitty34877Terry that's good news that the nurse sees some improvement in Tana!

• Like 22
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, dfish said:

@smitty34877 Ah, we diverge again.  I chose number 2.  I liked the vegetable selection better.   Enjoy!   Your quilt is beautiful.

I loved your quilts,especially as they were made in response to your kidney stone and finished after your TKR.Beautiful work.

• Like 19

Good morning everyone from a rainy Essex county! In honour of quilt day I am posting a picture of the quilt my DSIL made for one of our daughters as a wedding gift. She is her godmother. Queen size quilt with pillow shams and the two throw pillow covers are counted cross stitch. She has the wadding day embroidered on one and the year on the other. It is exquisite work. I don’t quilt but I did used to do crewel work. I know how much effort went into this. Sadly it is in storage here now because they have a king size bed and it isn’t appropriate for either of their children's rooms.  Once the kids move out it can go in the guest bedroom.

prayers for all that need them and cheers to those celebrating 

6D981F42-5697-4575-B4B0-4CBB7D2B0C45.jpeg

C306C4DF-850B-46A8-ADC6-EE619947B6E7.jpeg

• Like 32

7 minutes ago, superoma said:

Good morning everyone from a rainy Essex county! In honour of quilt day I am posting a picture of the quilt my DSIL made for one of our daughters as a wedding gift. She is her godmother. Queen size quilt with pillow shams and the two throw pillow covers are counted cross stitch. She has the wadding day embroidered on one and the year on the other. It is exquisite work. I don’t quilt but I did used to do crewel work. I know how much effort went into this. Sadly it is in storage here now because they have a king size bed and it isn’t appropriate for either of their children's rooms.  Once the kids move out it can go in the guest bedroom.

just beautiful!

• Like 20

11 minutes ago, superoma said:

Gorgeous!

• Like 17

👍Thank you for The Daily, Rich @richwmnand to Roy @rafinmd for the Care and Celebration Lists.

We ❤️Barcelona having cruised and stayed (hoteling) there many times and would go back in the drop of the hat--I say that about a lot of places, LOL!😊

I am sorry to hear of @kakalina's passing and am sending prayers to all in need. 🙏Extra prayers to Ukraine and the brave people defending their homeland.🙏

Katie

20220319_091020.jpg

• Like 20

When I started the only quilt I made we had a double bed. When finished we had graduated to a king.  So in storage.   When my DH became Ill friends told their local ladies quilt club and even though they had not met us they kindly donated a beautiful quit for him.  I treasure that gift of kindness. ———   I love sewing, weddings and now for my DGGD.   

• Like 23

Good morning, all! I used to be an avid Formula One race fan, but lost track once shift workers meant I was usually working weekends and couldn’t watch. Laughing together is what has gotten DH and I through the last two years healthy and happy. I think it has been as crucial as the vaccine has. DH has been to Barcelona, but I haven’t. Yet.
I’ve always enjoyed that quote, which Jim Henson wrote for Miss Piggy, as delivered by her.  I remember her using the line, before tossing her hair and marching offstage in that regal Miss Piggy way.

The rain continues here. Yesterday we drove into Surrey to drop off our tax slips and receipts. We aren’t driving around as much these days, so while we had a long list to check off while we were out. We have company coming tomorrow, so cleaning is on today’s agenda.

@kazuits wonderful that Marley is doing better! Any good thing is a light in the dark, and deserves celebrating. 
RIP @kakalina, and condolences for her family.

Strength and prayers to all in our Daily family who need them, and cheers to all with something to celebrate, even if it’s just a break in the weather or spring approaching.

Happy Saturday, everyone. Remember, somewhere in your future there’s a BHB, or at least fond memories of a BHB!

72E88E51-F0A3-4C3B-AF88-EDA92F1F0A4D.thumb.jpeg.8a910f673bd7deab0f4fa658e0b1a234.jpeg

• Like 22
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, rafinmd said:

@grapau27I think you disembarked today.  Correct?

Roy

Yes thank you Roy.

We have just got home after a 310 mile 5 hour 30 minutes drive.

We had a fantastic 14 night cruise on P&O Iona an a 2 night pre cruise stay in Southampton.

Because of an emergency detour to Lisbon on the previous cruise our check in was delayed by 5 hours.

Ports of call were :-

Vigo.

Gibraltar.

Alicante.

Barcelona.

Cadiz.

Lisbon.

3 pictures from Vigo and 3 from Gibraltar.

Graham

IMG_20220308_075949.jpg

IMG_20220308_080000.jpg

IMG_20220308_105731.jpg

IMG_20220310_094210.jpg

IMG_20220310_103914.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 24
  • Thanks 4

20 minutes ago, Himself said:

Hello Rich:

Today is also SAINT JOSEPH'S DAY.  Thank you for the Fleet report.

Today is my dad's birthday.   He said when he was little he wanted to switch his birthday to the 17th so he could say he was born on St. Patrick's Day, but then he found out about today being St. Joseph's Day.   He is celebrating his birthday with St. Joseph today.  

• Like 23

Good morning and thanks all, interesting wine and dinner!  
@kazuglad to hear there’s some improvement for Marley! And hopefully you will get good news for a placement sooner than later! 
I have always loved fast cars, my first was a 289 cobra jet Mustang convertible, next was a Mach one, 351 Cleveland.   We also went for a spin in a Ferrari in Italy.  

34E17372-9D40-44A3-B198-36D1484180E8.jpeg

B824D576-14D9-4A6F-B95F-4AB835E44537.jpeg

19EA41CE-5D86-43DC-8493-E8619D323727.jpeg

Edited by bennybear
  • Like 26
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, dfish said:

Today is my dad's birthday.   He said when he was little he wanted to switch his birthday to the 17th so he could say he was born on St. Patrick's Day, but then he found out about today being St. Joseph's Day.   He is celebrating his birthday with St. Joseph today.  

Happy birthday  to  your  dad.

Jim.

• Like 15