Blogging from the Ruby Princess

PescadoAmarillo

I just read your blog and noticed you said you had a cold very recently. I’m just wondering how it works when you fill in the health questionnaire when it asks all those questions about health and Covid symptoms in the last 14 days. What happens when you get to the ship? Has this happened to you before, you didn’t seem very worried about it, as your Covid test was negative. 

7 hours ago, Happiest when cruising said:

I just read your blog and noticed you said you had a cold very recently. I’m just wondering how it works when you fill in the health questionnaire when it asks all those questions about health and Covid symptoms in the last 14 days. What happens when you get to the ship? Has this happened to you before, you didn’t seem very worried about it, as your Covid test was negative. 

I’ve always just answered truthfully in the past and it’s never been an issue.  I guess they don’t expect that guests will be boarding with no ailments, and I no longer have any symptoms. I guess I’ll find out how that’s going to work for me today. 

10 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

To anyone that follows the exploits and escapades of @PescadoAmarillo and her hubby, "G", do not miss her first blog post as she prepared to travel to San Fran and join him on the Ruby.  The episode concerning the front door lock is classic, not to mention "harious" (to use one of "J's" special blog words).

It’s not comedy, it’s my life. 😆

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

4 hours ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

I’ve always just answered truthfully in the past and it’s never been an issue.  I guess they don’t expect that guests will be boarding with no ailments, and I no longer have any symptoms. I guess I’ll find out how that’s going to work for me today. 

Thanks for your response. Please do tell us if they ask you to go for secondary screening. 

12 minutes ago, voljeep said:

what's the difference in 'blogging' and posting it here directly on cc ?

She has her own web page and it is like a journal and her permanent memories.   Not up for debate or questions like on CC. It is very well written and has a lot of information. But, sometimes if someone has a live feed, she will comment on that. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Level six said:

She has her own web page and it is like a journal and her permanent memories.   Not up for debate or questions like on CC. It is very well written and has a lot of information. But, sometimes if someone has a live feed, she will comment on that. 

gotcha - you post on a offsite 'blog'

then come to cc to post a link to that 'blog'

then posters go to the blog to read the blog, but can't post on that blog? Is that correct?

if so, then they come back here on cc where they can post about the blog? 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Happiest when cruising said:

Thanks for your response. Please do tell us if they ask you to go for secondary screening. 

They did not. My fever was not considered a fever (not over 100), and I had proof of two negative COVID tests 5 days apart. 

Edited by PescadoAmarillo
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, voljeep said:

then posters go to the blog to read the blog, but can't post on that blog? Is that correct?

actually the blogspot you're talking about;  you can respond in that blog.  its sometimes easier for a person to start a blog separate from live report on cruise critic;  mainly you don't have to answer every single question that comes up.  

8 minutes ago, AF-1 said:

actually the blogspot you're talking about;  you can respond in that blog.  its sometimes easier for a person to start a blog separate from live report on cruise critic;  mainly you don't have to answer every single question that comes up.  

Exactly so. Some people open their travel blogs up for comments. I do not.  I am, in effect, sharing my travel diary, and really don’t wish to have other people commenting on my diary. Blame it on my older brother who found and read my diary when I was 11 and told his best friend that I had a crush on him. It burns to this day. 🔥😥

Edited by PescadoAmarillo
  • Like 14
  • Haha 4

7 minutes ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

Exactly so. Some people open their travel blogs up for comments. I do not.  I am, in effect, sharing my travel diary, and really don’t wish to have other people commenting on my diary. Blame it on my older brother who found and read my diary when I was 11 and told his best friend that I had a crush on him. It burns to this day. 🔥😥

I understand and just replied to your Hawaiian blog via email

• Like 1

23 hours ago, voljeep said:

what's the difference in 'blogging' and posting it here directly on cc ?

22 hours ago, Level six said:

22 hours ago, voljeep said:

To add a bit more to @Level six's description, the word "blog" is a contraction of "web log" (admittedly, with no apostrophe).  @PescadoAmarillo's comparison to a diary is very apt,

5 minutes ago, XBGuy said:

To add a bit more to @Level six's description, the word "blog" is a contraction of "web log" (admittedly, with no apostrophe).  @PescadoAmarillo's comparison to a diary is very apt,

meh

but a link was posted here on CC ... posters are commenting on the 'blog' on CC and asking questions directed to the 'blogger' here on CC because they 'are not allowed' to comment directly on the 'blog'.

40 posts and counting for 'no comments wanted' - some of them mine - why ask why i guess - no further comments needed?  I'm done anyway, sorry for the interruption on CC

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, voljeep said:

meh

but a link was posted here on CC ... posters are commenting on the 'blog' on CC and asking questions directed to the 'blogger' here on CC because they 'are not allowed' to comment directly on the 'blog'.

40 posts and counting for 'no comments wanted' - some of them mine - why ask why i guess - no further comments needed?  I'm done anyway, sorry for the interruption on CC

Can that link be posted again?

Thanks!

Tom😀

30 minutes ago, trbarton said:

Can that link be posted again?

Thanks!

Tom😀

Look at any of her postings and you will see the link to "Diary of our winters spent at sea."

I see the link in #1. Is there a way to have a quick way to link in to a blog without coming here to #1. I am not a techy, and don’t know how to access blogs. All help  appreciated. Have a tablet. Thx.

6 minutes ago, muffin said:

I see the link in #1. Is there a way to have a quick way to link in to a blog without coming here to #1. I am not a techy, and don’t know how to access blogs. All help  appreciated. Have a tablet. Thx.

Use the link and then save it as a bookmark. I do that and then, when I read what is current, update the bookmark to reflect my progress.

• Thanks 1

On 3/26/2022 at 11:42 AM, PescadoAmarillo said:

Thank you very much. I ordered these and have been using them at home. They work great, and provide a means of keeping the mask around my neck when I take it off (such as to eat or drink). After two years of masks making my ears stick out (I have very short hair), it’s a nice change. 

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B095HBXY9F/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_WZ0PK6Q01VS0SSMM0B8Y?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Thanks for the link.  I didn't realize those existed.  We could definitely use them.

• Thanks 1