Eden Cafe

charlielinda

9 minutes ago, charlielinda said:

Are there costs for items at breakfast or lunch?  Thank you.  

No

Edit:

Best item served at lunchtime:The brownies and cookies which aren't available anywhere else on the ship.

IMG_20211105_131156 (1).jpg

Edited by kwokpot
  • Like 1

Its a hidden little gem! Sometimes a bit disorganized, but the food makes up for it!

Breakfast sandwiches, cinnamon rolls- love them! At lunch they do carved sandwiches, paninis, create your own salads and the potato salad to die for.
. The cookies and brownies featured above sre definitely the best on the ship- get a few to-go and tale them with you for later!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, kwokpot said:

No

Edit:

Best item served at lunchtime:The brownies and cookies which aren't available anywhere else on the ship.

IMG_20211105_131156 (1).jpg

I think they serve the same brownies in Fine Cut.

3 hours ago, Poconolady said:

Its a hidden little gem! Sometimes a bit disorganized, but the food makes up for it!

Breakfast sandwiches, cinnamon rolls- love them! At lunch they do carved sandwiches, paninis, create your own salads and the potato salad to die for.
. The cookies and brownies featured above sre definitely the best on the ship- get a few to-go and tale them with you for later!

I’m thinking it won’t be a hidden gem much longer as more post about.  
There was no place to sit when we went to have lunch on 2 occasions last month.

We eat breakfast there on sea days (they aren't open for breakfast on port days) and love the creamy steel cut oats with the different fresh fruits and nut toppings.

• Like 1

I’m on the edge right now, just got back from lunch at the eden cafe. there was a grilled prime rib sandwich with cheese, horseradish, and Dijon SO good. Lots of options to sit. Food took a while and there was a lady making a scene, yelling at the manager because her avocado was too brown lol. Overall 10/10 for food, 7/10 for service, 2/10 for the behaviour of my fellow guest.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Chriskoo said:

Lots of options to sit.

Yes. While there may not be too many regular tables and chairs many a time we'll sit at the low slung easy chairs and put the food on the coffee table. Not really an issue even eating a salad. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Chriskoo said:

I’m on the edge right now, just got back from lunch at the eden cafe. there was a grilled prime rib sandwich with cheese, horseradish, and Dijon SO good. Lots of options to sit. Food took a while and there was a lady making a scene, yelling at the manager because her avocado was too brown lol. Overall 10/10 for food, 7/10 for service, 2/10 for the behaviour of my fellow guest.

Do you know your passenger count on your sailing!

4 hours ago, closecruiser said:

Do you know your passenger count on your sailing!

I don’t know the exact count but a crew member told me that this is the first cruise post shutdown on Edge with more than 2000 passengers. Still doesn’t feel busy though to me.

16 minutes ago, Chriskoo said:

I don’t know the exact count but a crew member told me that this is the first cruise post shutdown on Edge with more than 2000 passengers. Still doesn’t feel busy though to me.

I am doing a B3B in Nov/Dec, I truly hope the ships are at full capacity by then

1 hour ago, hiccups said:

This sounds silly, but when we sailed on Eden, I liked that they had potato chips available at lunch.  A few chips is always a nice addition to a sandwich, IMO.

Agreed! When the Edge first sailed they used to have small individual bags of Lays potato chips on the counter where the brownies are. They have now gone to being portioned out by the servers, and not in individual bags. I'm sure they realized when it was self serve prepackaged bags they were going through them like crazy. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, kwokpot said:

Agreed! When the Edge first sailed they used to have small individual bags of Lays potato chips on the counter where the brownies are. They have now gone to being portioned out by the servers, and not in individual bags. I'm sure they realized when it was self serve prepackaged bags they were going through them like crazy. 

Not related to Eden, but I’ve been meaning to tell you that on our 2/26 Reflection cruise, I saw you one morning at the Sunset bar when I was doing my laps.  My last time around I was going to stop and introduce myself, but of course by the time I got back around, you two had left.  Next time 😃

56 minutes ago, hiccups said:

Not related to Eden, but I’ve been meaning to tell you that on our 2/26 Reflection cruise, I saw you one morning at the Sunset bar when I was doing my laps.  My last time around I was going to stop and introduce myself, but of course by the time I got back around, you two had left.  Next time 😃

Sorry we didn't get to meet you! We have our cruise routines. Usually at breakfast around 8:30ish. Then after breakfast we go for a little walk outside and then sit out for a little. Then I go do my thing and my husband does his until we meet again for lunch. 

We cruise again in ten days but on the Carnival Mardi Gras. Then next month is our big Europe cruises also on Carnival; a B2B2B totaling over 30 days starting in Barcelona and ending in Dover.  Then comes a family cruise on the Oasis, followed by a MSC, and then the Celebrity Beyond in October! Robert and I are friendly people (Despite my sometimes strident CC posts, lol) and always enjoy meeting new people on our cruises.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kwokpot said:

Sorry we didn't get to meet you! We have our cruise routines. Usually at breakfast around 8:30ish. Then after breakfast we go for a little walk outside and then sit out for a little. Then I go do my thing and my husband does his until we meet again for lunch. 

We cruise again in ten days but on the Carnival Mardi Gras. Then next month is our big Europe cruises also on Carnival; a B2B2B totaling over 30 days starting in Barcelona and ending in Dover.  Then comes a family cruise on the Oasis, followed by a MSC, and then the Celebrity Beyond in October! Robert and I are friendly people (Despite my sometimes strident CC posts, lol) and always enjoy meeting new people on our cruises.

30 days, wow!  You two look too young to be retired!  Jealous, just as I am of Jim and his B3B 😃

I am trying to talk my DH into a three night on MSC next month just to try them out and get a little break from work.  Figured it’s also a less expensive way to try out Yacht Club.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, kwokpot said:

We have our cruise routines. Usually at breakfast around 8:30ish. Then after breakfast we go for a little walk outside and then sit out for a little. Then I go do my thing and my husband does his until we meet again for lunch. 

Sounds like you do the same as my hubby and I. It works well.

• Like 1