Utopia of the Seas Blocks Are In The House!

ok any guess on the TIME OF DAY.  I mean right now (2pm 6/15)  it says 4 days and 19 hours.

So is the sale at night on the 20th or what.  I can't seem to figure it out and I am normally good with numbers.  So let us guess the time of day hmmm.

4 minutes ago, Oceansaway17 said:

ok any guess on the TIME OF DAY.  I mean right now (2pm 6/15)  it says 4 days and 19 hours.

So is the sale at night on the 20th or what.  I can't seem to figure it out and I am normally good with numbers.  So let us guess the time of day hmmm.

I can absolutely guarantee it will be released around noon.

Just not sure of the time zone

• Haha 5

15 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I can absolutely guarantee it will be released around noon.

Just not sure of the time zone

But from the teasers, it looks like it's a 'reveal video' of things on the ship to pump up the hype before booking opens.  Do you really think it will open for booking at that same time?  Probably a question for @Ourusualbeach I guess.   

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Oceansaway17 said:

The countdown clock will hit zero at 10am et on 6/20.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, rockmom said:

But from the teasers, it looks like it's a 'reveal video' of things on the ship to pump up the hype before booking opens.  Do you really think it will open for booking at that same time?  Probably a question for @Ourusualbeach I guess.   

Based on how it worked for Icon, TA's have the webinar after bookings open

• Like 2

On 6/14/2023 at 1:02 PM, twangster said:

Think they will release Utopia before the next coffee chat?

Please share with me what 'coffee chat' is and how I join? And, is Utopia of the Seas ONLY doing 3/4 night sailings?

Edited by Carol28
more questions

11 minutes ago, Carol28 said:

Please share with me what 'coffee chat' is and how I join? And, is Utopia of the Seas ONLY doing 3/4 night sailings?

It is a periodic travel agent call.  

It does appear that Utopia will start doing 3 and 4 night cruises.  At this point we don't know how long that will go on.  It appears as though it will be well into 2025 but these are the details we expect to learn next week.  

1 hour ago, twangster said:

It is a periodic travel agent call.  

It does appear that Utopia will start doing 3 and 4 night cruises.  At this point we don't know how long that will go on.  It appears as though it will be well into 2025 but these are the details we expect to learn next week.  

Thank you!  That is just a shame.  I will never do a short cruise again. Why would they have this beautiful new ship do that? Perhaps to show the people who take a 3/4 day cruise how wonderful the ship is and increase their desire to take a longer cruise?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Carol28 said:

Thank you!  That is just a shame.  I will never do a short cruise again. Why would they have this beautiful new ship do that? Perhaps to show the people who take a 3/4 day cruise how wonderful the ship is and increase their desire to take a longer cruise?

Because the short cruise market is growing, millennials and younger people prefer shorter vacations, onboard spend on the 3/4 nighters is higher, and CocoCay is a cash cow.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

Neither will we but we did enjoy our last 3/4 B2B to enjoy the ship and CocoCay x2. Hoping for a repeat. 🤞

I guess I'll have to pick up the slack for all the non short cruise peeps.  SIGH!!😱  I probably be the oldest party animal onboard😇

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

3 minutes ago, molly361 said:

I guess I'll have to pick up the slack for all the non short cruise peeps.  SIGH!!😱  I probably be the oldest party animal onboard😇

And we'll be some of the younger (OK, maybe not THAT young anymore) boring people onboard... so it all evens out. 🤣

Edited by OCSC Mike
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

And we'll be some of the younger (OK, maybe not THAT young anymore) boring people onboard... so it all evens out. 🤣

I was kidding.  I said that because everyone says the short cruises are full of party animals

Just now, molly361 said:

I was kidding.  I said that because everyone says the short cruises are full of party animals

I understood that part, although for all I know you really are a party animal. 🤷‍♀️

I wasn't kidding about us though. 🙈

I really didn't find our Indy short cruises in July all that different from 7-nighters in the summer. There were still lots of kids, the Solarium was still the Solarium, trivia was trivia, etc. Maybe if we actually went where the party animals go I'd notice, lol.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, OfTheSeasCruiser said:

Because the short cruise market is growing, millennials and younger people prefer shorter vacations, onboard spend on the 3/4 nighters is higher, and CocoCay is a cash cow.

I can understand that for those people that live within driving distance from port, but when you factor airfare into it, it just doesn't seem worth it. Plus, like @molly361 said, we did a couple 3/4 night cruises (Miami & LA - JS during double points for point chasing during COVID) and they definitely had a different vibe to them. I always called them "Gambling Junkets", but party cruises works too. But it's really not for us.

That said, strictly thinking of Port Canaveral, I can I imagine a lot of people combining a cruise with theme parks, so a 3/4 night cruise would work well for that. I just find it a little disappointing that they are using a brand new ship for that. Move Wonder to do that. Not the newest, but not that old either.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RobInMN said:

Plus, like @molly361 said, we did a couple 3/4 night cruises (Miami & LA - JS during double points for point chasing during COVID) and they definitely had a different vibe to them. I always called them "Gambling Junkets", but party cruises works too.

She prefers to be called “Party Animal”.

1 hour ago, RobInMN said:

Move Wonder to do that. Not the newest, but not that old either.

They’re nearly identical ships. Wonder is closer to “new” than “not that old.” 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

They’re nearly identical ships. Wonder is closer to “new” than “not that old.” 

I get that. That's why I specifically mentioned Wonder, as opposed to Oasis thought Symphony. There's sort of a principal involved, with the idea that brand new ships are launched out of Miami on mostly 7 day itineraries. Icon's not going to move that soon (and probably not at all until Icon 2 is launched), so move the next newest ship to PC with the newest ship in Miami.

6 minutes ago, RobInMN said:

I get that. That's why I specifically mentioned Wonder, as opposed to Oasis thought Symphony. There's sort of a principal involved, with the idea that brand new ships are launched out of Miami on mostly 7 day itineraries. Icon's not going to move that soon (and probably not at all until Icon 2 is launched), so move the next newest ship to PC with the newest ship in Miami.

That idea seems to be changing though. Miami also used to be the #1 port but now it's PC and short PDCC cruises produce tons of revenue from what I've read.

It's doesn't matter a ton to me. I'm guessing they didn't flip flop Wonder and Utopia b/c it would have involved holding back bookings on Wonder until they were ready to release Utopia.