Lobster night in MDR on 5 night cruise?

16 minutes ago, CruisinBlondie28 said:

We are going on a 5 night cruise soon on the Navigator. Wondering if there is still complimentary lobster night in the MDR on a 5 nighter? If so, which night would it be? 

Lobster is served on the second formal night.  5 night cruises only have 1 formal night.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, CruisinBlondie28 said:

We are going on a 5 night cruise soon on the Navigator. Wondering if there is still complimentary lobster night in the MDR on a 5 nighter? If so, which night would it be? 

Did not get lobster on the December 5 night Mariner sail.

• Thanks 1

it still amazes me at the fascination that people have with lobster night.  I get 2 tails with dinner, but if they didn't have it I would not be upset.  The quality of the tails served is not that great.  you can buy frozen lobster tails at walmart for less than $20.  Its not like you are getting a nice whole live Maine lobster.  they are probably serving frozen lobster tails from china or vietnam or somewhere, just not the US as they are way to small to be legally harvested here.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, lifes-a-beach said:

We have had lobster on two 5-nights on Adventure this year.  I recall in the past no lobster but it appears they may have changed that.  Or maybe they had a bunch to get rid of.  I did my part.  Stopped at 6 both times.

35 minutes ago, HicksRA said:

We were surprised that they served lobster on an Adventure 5 night this past December.  

Agree definitely lobster on 5-night Adventure sailings. 

I am another one that doesn’t see what all the fuss is about and certainly doesn’t warrant the ridiculously long lines it created for MTD.

50 minutes ago, bstel said:

it still amazes me at the fascination that people have with lobster night.  I get 2 tails with dinner, but if they didn't have it I would not be upset.  The quality of the tails served is not that great.  you can buy frozen lobster tails at walmart for less than $20.  Its not like you are getting a nice whole live Maine lobster.  they are probably serving frozen lobster tails from china or vietnam or somewhere, just not the US as they are way to small to be legally harvested here.

Yeah, I don't get it either. I go to Whole Foods and get those same lobster tails for like $10. They're perfect for grilling up with some steak as a little surf and turf without breaking the bank, but they're certainly nothing special. 

1 hour ago, bstel said:

China is a HUGE importer of lobster, primarily from Maine and Canada.  RC is not getting their lobsters from China or Southeast Asia.

Just my opinion but to call the current MDR fisherman's platter "lobster" is a bit generous!  More like large prawns.  😁  Not like it was years ago, anyway.

But to add, in my experience there has not been lobster offered on a 5-night cruise in the past.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/7/2022 at 11:02 AM, bstel said:

I had a lobster tail last night at dinner,   it's like getting chicken on a ship.....not really a big deal for me  (I was at home, not a ship)

Edited by Joseph2017China