The Daily for Sunday 04/24/2022

richwmn

Late today but only because I am trying to make up for yesterday. Friday I got my 2nd booster and thought it was going well. Friday night my arm really hurt and I was exhausted by 8. Yesterday I was just wiped out. The only thing I really got done was getting the dog in and out and fed. Today I am feeling much better but dishes were stacked and laundry was waiting. 

I have been to today's destination and loved the Boi Bomba show. I was in the second row and got a few good pictures. It is something not to be missed.

Weather here is still dry. The rain that were predicted failed to appear. The winds, on the other hand, were fearsome. They have died down today, but watching the fires east and southeast of us, not to mention those near Flagstaff, we are all worried. Not looking forward to the summer.

Best wishes to all. 

Susan

• Like 15
  • Thanks 2

Greetings from Sedro-Woolley in the Pacific Northwest, 

We are having an unseasonably warm day today. It's over 65F and I have windows open to air the house out. I've done two walks so have over 10,000 steps. This is Tulip Festival Time in the Skagit Valley so we locals know to avoid the valley. We went out tulip looking on Wednesday and got our fill of some beautiful flowers. 

Karen

P1040746.thumb.jpg.7758c4e6297590f95be3993167b28dfb.jpg

P1040742.thumb.jpg.4463d827b8e4da0120b22a0b0e444c4f.jpg

• Like 23
  • Thanks 4

@JAM37 Julia , Yikes you certainly have a lot going on. I remember when we met in December, you talked about moving to Florida. I hope it all goes well. May have some hard discussions but if you are all going to live together, must be done. 

Best of Luck to you!

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, luvteaching said:

Greetings from Sedro-Woolley in the Pacific Northwest, 

We are having an unseasonably warm day today. It's over 65F and I have windows open to air the house out. I've done two walks so have over 10,000 steps. This is Tulip Festival Time in the Skagit Valley so we locals know to avoid the valley. We went out tulip looking on Wednesday and got our fill of some beautiful flowers. 

Karen

P1040746.thumb.jpg.7758c4e6297590f95be3993167b28dfb.jpg

P1040742.thumb.jpg.4463d827b8e4da0120b22a0b0e444c4f.jpg

I usually get there every year, but this year with the workers on strike at first, and the slow start to better weather, the time got away from me.  BUT yesterday I was in Mount Vernon and sure saw the traffic.  It was the only day my cousin could meet with me, she's in the area only a few days.  It took 10 minutes just to get off the freeway at the Kincaid St. exit.  It sure was a beautiful last weekend of the festival.

• Like 12

5 hours ago, cat shepard said:

@JAM37

Julia - we are in the same County!

Welcome - may the move bring you, DH and the family happiness and relief. And I will pray that the hoarding situation is resolved without to much pain. 

Ann

Hopefully we can meet sometime soon, Ann.

• Like 3

Thanks for all the daily reports, humour, recipes and photos.

Another port that we have not visited.

@kazu hope that you will soon have all the challenges solved. Sending hugs to you.

@JAM37 hope that your situation works well.

Today is ANZAC Day.  ,

Stay safe, take care everyone.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 3

48 minutes ago, Cruzin Terri said:

We both tested NEGATIVE this morning.  Now we just need to test NEGATIVE again tomorrow and we are out of COVID JAIL.

Terri

I hope you're also starting to feel better.

Roy

• Like 5

9 hours ago, JAM37 said:

Hopefully we can meet sometime soon, Ann.

My email address is: annge3@gmail.com

Once  you come up for air, let me know. We are probably 30 - 45 minutes away from each other, at the most.  Barring traffic issues, of course.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, cat shepard said:

My email address is: annge3@gmail.com

Once  you come up for air, let me know. We are probably 30 - 45 minutes away from each other, at the most.  Barring traffic issues, of course.

Maybe I could join this party. Not that far from Cocoa Beach!

• Like 3

@ottahand7  @puppycanducruise  @Oceansaway17  Thank you for your positive response to my Easter bread post. 

Unfortunately, I did not have the opportunity to get back to the Daily until this morning.  After preparing the bread for the first rise, I went out to my wildflower garden.  After raking and weeding for more than 3 hours in the sunny 80 degree weather, I spread seed near my woods line.  I was exhausted but felt good about what I accomplished.

My late Sovakian MIL taught me to make Paska more than 20 years age.  I use her hand written recipe (which is at home).  Here are two that are close.  

https://oventales.com/ukranian-paska/

https://annavoloshyna.com/softest-paska-kulich-sweet-easter-bread/

I always include candied ginger, vanilla, lemon zest and 2 T of rum (and sometimes golden raisins).

Sorry, no pictures.  There may not even be any left when I get home.  My DH probably finished it for lunch!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, 0106 said:

@ottahand7  @puppycanducruise  @Oceansaway17  Thank you for your positive response to my Easter bread post. 

Unfortunately, I did not have the opportunity to get back to the Daily until this morning.  After preparing the bread for the first rise, I went out to my wildflower garden.  After raking and weeding for more than 3 hours in the sunny 80 degree weather, I spread seed near my woods line.  I was exhausted but felt good about what I accomplished.

My late Sovakian MIL taught me to make Paska more than 20 years age.  I use her hand written recipe (which is at home).  Here are two that are close.  

https://oventales.com/ukranian-paska/

https://annavoloshyna.com/softest-paska-kulich-sweet-easter-bread/

I always include candied ginger, vanilla, lemon zest and 2 T of rum (and sometimes golden raisins).

Sorry, no pictures.  There may not even be any left when I get home.  My DH probably finished it for lunch!

Thank you so much.  I'm going to try it soon.

• Like 3

On 4/24/2022 at 11:01 AM, grapau27 said:

Blue looks adorable Sharon.

Graham.

Thank you Graham!  We love him and he is the perfect lap dog. 

On 4/24/2022 at 12:56 PM, HAL Sailer said:

@durangoscots In Thursday's Daily, you said,  "For those posting from cruises, please keep it up.... it is the thing that keeps many of us going."

@durangoscots  I didn't get a chance to concur with you then, but thanks for saying that as I'm also one of those that is kept going by those posts.

And, for those posting from cruises or other travels, please, please, please keep sharing your adventures.

-Melisa

We plan on upgrading our internet plan once onboard the Oosterdam June 1st. I’m hoping for some great Mediterranean sunrises and food pictures. 

12 hours ago, Cruzin Terri said:

We both tested NEGATIVE this morning.  Now we just need to test NEGATIVE again tomorrow and we are out of COVID JAIL.

Terri

Yay!!!!!

• Like 2