so loyal to royal

just came back from cruise on celebrity and will never ever go back.It is supposed to be upscale and I didnt think so.The music was so so bad esp outdoors.You would expect for caribbean cruise some island music but instead it was 2 people who didnt know how to sing doing dentist music type songs.They were out of mint for mojitos,daquari mix and another claimed broken blender.This happened to me on royal and the bartender sent someone to get a blender.They sent me to another bar.I could go on and on.

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, floridalady said:

just came back from cruise on celebrity and will never ever go back.It is supposed to be upscale and I didnt think so.The music was so so bad esp outdoors.You would expect for caribbean cruise some island music but instead it was 2 people who didnt know how to sing doing dentist music type songs.They were out of mint for mojitos,daquari mix and another claimed broken blender.This happened to me on royal and the bartender sent someone to get a blender.They sent me to another bar.I could go on and on.

Please do. :classic_rolleyes:

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Please do. :classic_rolleyes:

On royal ships you can get snacks anytime but on my celebrity ship there was just cakes -and they tasted like ones you make with jello mix.When the oceanview was closed -their windjammer there was nowhere to get food.And their Oceanview was so so so bad.

15 minutes ago, soremekun said:

Different strokes for different folks.  I sail mostly Royal but am going back to check out Carnival's newest ships.

Certainly true. I would take the Oceanview Cafe over the Windjammer any day. Better layout and better food, IMHO. We are tiring somewhat of Royal, and are picking Celebrity more often I f it’s just the two of us.  

mac_tlc

• Like 5

24 minutes ago, floridalady said:

i had huge expectations from celebrity but I did like Carnival.

As someone else said, different stroke for different folks.  We have had great cruises on X, Royal, and Carnival + a few others and we enjoy the differences.  Wouldn't it be boring if all cruise lines were the same?

Edited by mek
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, la_croisiere_s'amuse said:

To the OP, I'm sorry to hear that your expectations weren't met. I personally love cruising on RCI, Celebrity and Princess--I find that each of them has areas where they surpass the others. Fortunately there are lots of different options so we can all find our cruising "home(s)" 🙂 

Years ago Celebrity dropped their tag line. "let us exceed your expectations". 😁

• Haha 2

59 minutes ago, floridalady said:

oh I was on celebrity millennium.My friend was on edge and said horrible things and I should have listened.

Interesting. We love Royal, but the edge is probably our favorite ship.

• Like 2

I think most people will come on message boards and write about negative experiences, but not positive ones. That’s why I never base my cruises on another person’s opinion. For you, the cruise was not good, for others on that same cruise, it was probably great. I have had a couple of Celebrity cruises cancelled, but excited for the Edge B2B next year. Rome-Dubai-Singapore. I am not loyal to any cruise line. I see a good itinerary and a good price, and I book it.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Different strokes, to each his/her own, etc...

I've never been on any other cruise line and have no desire to. I enjoy knowing the ins and outs of how things at RC work and this suits my personality. Perhaps if I cruised more than once a year I'd be more inclined to try someone else but I'm happy being 100% loyal given my current situation and mindset.

Edited by OCSC Mike
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, soremekun said:

Different strokes for different folks.  I sail mostly Royal but am going back to check out Carnival's newest ships.

if I could get a deal on jubilee I'd be booked but they want more than harmony, same weeks out of Galveston.  ..I'm limited by my wallet.

I do have dream booked 14 days to Panama and some other nice ports. Radiance 10 day picks up 2, but dream adds 3 more new to me ports.

after what I'm paying to fly to miami next spring, ....I'm loving Galveston even more so than the cruiselines. .. enough for a whole another cruise. Havent done celebrity in a long time. 

I've got an eye on jubilee prices. They will eventually come down.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, soremekun said:

We cheated on Royal and sailed on the Mardi Gras this past November.  Did not care for that ship at all and will not sail it again…

• Like 1

2 hours ago, floridalady said:

On royal ships you can get snacks anytime but on my celebrity ship there was just cakes -and they tasted like ones you make with jello mix.When the oceanview was closed -their windjammer there was nowhere to get food.And their Oceanview was so so so bad.

2 hours ago, floridalady said:

Royal was Upscale, not Family Friendly and back then cost a Fortune when I started. Only afternoon Food being Tea Time. To eat in WJ during day no Swimsuits allowed even with Coverup, after laying out we had to change to eat. Even WJ Dinner was a Formal affair, Waiters, Table Clothes, Candles and order from Main Dining Menu. Was 22 and only 4 passengers onboard younger then Me/Wife and this was a Summer-4th of July Cruise. Back then Cruising was called the Newlywed's and Nearly Dead's.  

Edited by ONECRUISER
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, floridalady said:

I have never heard of a genre called "dentist music".

Maybe you should go "On and On".

Because your argument is not remotely convincing to keep anyone from trying Celebrity...

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, matj2000 said:

you never heard of dentist music well maybe you have never been to the dentist.

I didnt write to stop anyone -...who could do that?I thought cruise critic was for opinions apparently you dont think so so maybe you should go on and on........my opinion

43 minutes ago, matj2000 said:

Because your argument is not remotely convincing to keep anyone from trying Celebrity...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

44 minutes ago, matj2000 said:

Stevie Wonder and Lionel Ritchie always make me think of my dentist, so that’s my go-to guess as a general “dentist music vibe.”