Playmakers

18 hours ago, ARandomTraveler said:

Food is included if you have the dining package though, right?

You receive a $20 p/p dining credit. We had a really bad waiter on Navigator. He didn't listen or pay attention. DH never received the Jalapeno Poppers he ordered. And then he brought our check, shortly after we had started eating, so there was no offer of dessert or additional beverages. 

We did complain to the manager and on the survey. By then we just wanted to leave. We had the dining package and the beverage package, so the offer to fix it kind of fell flat. We will give it another try in September. :classic_smile:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Coralc said:

You receive a $20 p/p dining credit. We had a really bad waiter on Navigator. He didn't listen or pay attention. DH never received the Jalapeno Poppers he ordered. And then he brought our check, shortly after we had started eating, so there was no offer of dessert or additional beverages. 

We did complain to the manager and on the survey. By then we just wanted to leave. We had the dining package and the beverage package, so the offer to fix it kind of fell flat. We will give it another try in September. :classic_smile:

That is sad.  😞  We had Arlene and she practically fell over herself waiting on us.

49 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

That is sad.  😞  We had Arlene and she practically fell over herself waiting on us.

It was sad. It wasn't horrible or anything. But we were kind of disappointed in the experience. He seemed to be an enthusiastic young man, just not a very good waiter.  And it wasn't until later that I remembered that we had wanted to try the Campfire Cookie. 

It's okay. We will have another opportunity. :classic_biggrin:

Thanks again, for your awesome restaurant reservations. We will have to be a little quicker to make them next time, too. :classic_smile:

• 2 weeks later...

Speaking of the "Campfire Cookie". On our recent "Mariner" cruise they didn't have any "MARSHMALLOWS". Oh the tragedy!!! One person got smart and when the got off the ship they bought some in port and had them make it using there own.

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

Anyone try any drinks unique to the Playmakers bar menu that they enjoyed? (Not beer)

I enjoyed The Pitch. Kind of like Tokyo Tea. Long Island Tea with Midori

But Newcastle is the go to. Big pints😁

• Like 1

7 hours ago, GEORGIEGIRL said:

Speaking of the "Campfire Cookie". On our recent "Mariner" cruise they didn't have any "MARSHMALLOWS". Oh the tragedy!!! One person got smart and when the got off the ship they bought some in port and had them make it using there own.

Same thing happened to us on Symphony in Feb. That forced me to book another cruise.

Edited by ownedbypets
  • Like 1

Just now, Tree_skier said:

Very good burgers

Didn't care for the pulled pork slider

Will eat the menu next weekend on Indy😁

I read you can visit multiple times in 1 day/night

1 minute ago, John&LaLa said:

Didn't care for the pulled pork slider

Will eat the menu next weekend on Indy😁

I read you can visit multiple times in 1 day/night

We had the UDP on Odyssey in Feb but I never tried multiple anything.  The amount of food and drink I consumed on that cruise had to be a personal record.  I couldn't imagine going back to anywhere I had already been to the same day.  We did lunch at the pub a few times as well.  Both were great.  

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

We had the UDP on Odyssey in Feb but I never tried multiple anything.  The amount of food and drink I consumed on that cruise had to be a personal record.  I couldn't imagine going back to anywhere I had already been to the same day.  We did lunch at the pub a few times as well.  Both were great.  

First UDP for me. Other than our 12 days in STAR.

Laura's in Atlanta, so I'm fasting to make room for 10 pounds on a 3 day voyage🤣

I'm sure I'll document the debauchery.😉

• Like 3
  • Haha 2