Equinox tomorrow - bad weather

oreilly76

well I would hope via email or text.

But really since it is not a hurricane, you might just have an or so delay.

The issues are going to be more interesting for folks flying in later tonight or tomorrow morning.

If you are already in the area, it is just whatever delay the ship might have due to docking and or traffic jams or hard driving rain and the dockworkers dealing with luggage etc.

Best of luck.  I have a trip next Saturday so I am glad I am not sailing tomorrow.  Still feel for those that are sailing.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PTC DAWG said:

She’s trying to come early tonight…by 12:30 AM per Jamie’s live thread..

I thought some ships would do that, but I also see the worse of the storm is overnight into 9am.

So it should be interesting how the wind situation will be in docking.  

• Like 1

We were scheduled to board a X ship on the morning that strong thunderstorms and a tornado hit Fort Lauderdale and Port Everglades.  The had disembarking passengers inside in the theater for safety because of the crazy storm and they disembarked late. (Deck chairs were blown from the pool deck onto the terminal roof that morning). The terminal had no electricity, so all the xray screening machines as well as computers were down. DH and I both received emails and text messages telling us not to arrive until 2:00 PM. They will get in touch if they need to. You can also check the app for any updated boarding info. 

• Thanks 1

I am glad to hear that. We arrived in FLL yesterday. 
so far just a bit of rain, but there is a lot of talk about it becoming a storm…

I was wondering how it might affect the docking and boarding!

Thanks!!

• Like 1

You can look at port conditions on the port website 😉

https://www.porteverglades.net/about-us/weather/

Right now they are in port conditions "Whiskey" (no prohibited operations).

image.png.91bda2209fca838fa1cca08eb29f1581.png

More at the link below

https://assets.simpleviewinc.com/simpleview/image/upload/v1/clients/porteverglades/MSIB_22_007_Port_Condition_WHISKEY_Potential_Tropical_Cyclone_1_f02f2c3e-0e83-4aea-86ea-6858172d02be.pdf

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, oreilly76 said:

Hello, 

We are due to board the Equinox tomorrow morning. If there were issues at the Port due to the storm, how would it get communicated to us - ie: delayed boarding, etc. 

Thank you!

They would usually contact you by e-mail on file as well as text from your online booking.   

When the Covid Shut down began we got a text just as we touched down in FLL.   I have also received similar text when checkin was delayed due to deep cleaning.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Oceansaway17 said:

I thought some ships would do that, but I also see the worse of the storm is overnight into 9am.

So it should be interesting how the wind situation will be in docking.  

I was just checking on Cruise Mapper - She is currently North East of Key West and traveling at 22-23 Knots.  I"m sure the Captain is taking care of her and the passengers.

image.png.2e038d81de94b2ceca1ed27aeeb9ce14.png

• Like 1

Could be.     As the ship is nearing port I think I would be more concerned about airlines delays and cancellations.    Last I looked only 40% of flights were arriving on time.    They usually like to get planes out of the area before the heavy winds hit.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Could be.     As the ship is nearing port I think I would be more concerned about airlines delays and cancellations.    Last I looked only 40% of flights were arriving on time.    They usually like to get planes out of the area before the heavy winds hit.

We are in St Thomas this week with our whole family and supposed to fly home through Miami on Sunday back to Texas and I am already getting warnings from American Airlines about possible cancelations and delays on our flights.

Edited by terrydtx
  • Thanks 1

The storm is falling apart and there are no expectations it will intensify.  Looking at the local radar, the rain might be gone by mid-day tomorrow.  I would be worried about local flooding and trying to get to the port.  Equinox is just South of Port Everglades, probably make it to the dock before midnight.  Safe travels and enjoy your trip, should have good weather next week.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, oreilly76 said:

Hello, 

We are due to board the Equinox tomorrow morning. If there were issues at the Port due to the storm, how would it get communicated to us - ie: delayed boarding, etc. 

Thank you!

They have your information and have emergency notification messages by text - usually everbridge.net or by phone.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, terrydtx said:

We are in St Thomas this week with our whole family and supposed to fly home through Miami on Sunday back to Texas and I am already getting warnings from American Airlines about possible cancelations and delays on our flights.

Terry -  try checking https://www.flightview.com/airport/MIA-Miami-FL/delay

They show pretty good real time on what's going on at airports.  Currently only 40% taking off on time and about 70% of arrivals on time.

At the top of the screen you can click real time delays for both Arrivals and Departures.  You can also filter by Airlines

Edited by Jim_Iain
  • Thanks 1

On 6/3/2022 at 7:43 PM, Jim_Iain said:

I was just checking on Cruise Mapper - She is currently North East of Key West and traveling at 22-23 Knots.  I"m sure the Captain is taking care of her and the passengers.

image.png.2e038d81de94b2ceca1ed27aeeb9ce14.png

you know what is odd, Symphony of the Seas was about 10 miles off the coast since early Saturday morning and never tried to get in all day.

For some reason it is being held for 24 hours.  All the other ships got in and wondering shy SOS did not go in even at noon to depart passengers and take on the new ones and sail later say around 7pm.

18 hours ago, Oceansaway17 said:

you know what is odd, Symphony of the Seas was about 10 miles off the coast since early Saturday morning and never tried to get in all day.

For some reason it is being held for 24 hours.  All the other ships got in and wondering shy SOS did not go in even at noon to depart passengers and take on the new ones and sail later say around 7pm.

They decided to wait and stay out at sea... so the next cruise is going to be short a day. Perhaps the weather was a bit worse south? 

17 hours ago, kearney said:

They decided to wait and stay out at sea... so the next cruise is going to be short a day. Perhaps the weather was a bit worse south? 

well I have since read it caused at lot of issues with the app on the day folks finally got on board.

But they were supposed to hang out around Coco Cay but had to come to Fla coast for a medical reasons too.