Rome Port, If vaccinated and boosted can I do my covid antigen at the port before boarding

Kingdoz

Has anyone boarded Celebrity from Rome in the last few days? I can’t get a test done in UK as leaving on Friday afternoon to Rome and they say within 2 days, and the cruise is Monday. What do we do? I don’t know Rome at all. Can we do the antigen testing in a Rome somewhere easily and is it expensive or results take long and also, have a UK phone so can they even text us the results letter? Or can we wait and just get a test on boarding day at the port by the boat? Its all confusing, especially as it seems Celebrity offer some sort of testing at the port but for Non vaccinated or kids, but what about fully vaccinated, can we risk going to port without testing?  Will they board us without a test certificate even if we are boosted? Thanks. KingDoz

Edited by Kingdoz
Fix typos

28 minutes ago, Kingdoz said:

Has anyone boarded Celebrity from Rome in the last few days? I can’t get a test done in UK as leaving on Friday afternoon to Rome and they say within 2 days, and the cruise is Monday. What do we do? I don’t know Rome at all. Can we do the antigen testing in a Rome somewhere easily and is it expensive or results take long and also, have a UK phone so can they even text us the results letter? Or can we wait and just get a test on boarding day at the port by the boat? Its all confusing, especially as it seems Celebrity offer some sort of testing at the port but for Non vaccinated or kids, but what about fully vaccinated, can we risk going to port without testing?  Will they board us without a test certificate even if we are boosted? Thanks. KingDoz

Perhaps google Rome testing sites...or maybe contact your Rome hotel and ask if they can provide you with testing sites close to their location.

I asked about being tested by the port personnel at the Terminal but never got a response, so I think not. Only for non-vaccinated (kids). they don't want 100’s showing up and they have to do all the testing, is my guess.

Don’t you have access to self-tests you can do on line? I’m taking the tests that Celebrity advertised and will test at my hotel. We are staying a few days in Civitavecchia and I understand they have a number of sites.

Are you flying in the day of the cruise? Test at home. If not, go to your local pharmacy (chemist shop) and get a on-line self test and bring it with you. 

And yes, they can text you the results on your phone and email you.

den

1 hour ago, Kingdoz said:

Google is your friend!  Many many pharmacies that will do your Antigen Test.  If your staying at a reputable hotel they will assist you.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kingdoz said:

Has anyone boarded Celebrity from Rome in the last few days?

Boarding, like you, next Monday (Beyond).

Many pharmacies are offering antigen testing in Rome.  Here are 2 of them, no need to reserve ahead,

- Farmacia Argentina (Corso Vittorio Emanuele II, 36)

- Antica Farmacia del Corso (Via del Corso, 242)

And if you're near the Pantheon, like us, I can add two others.

• Like 1

Can you bring a supervised test with you to do in your hotel room? We had planned on testing in Rome last month, but since they are so strict I didn’t want to take the chance of being whisked away and quarantining for 21 days if we tested positive. We got the eMed tests and did them in our hotel room. You are lucky that you only need the test 2 days before. Ours was one day, otherwise the test we took before leaving the US to fly to Rome would’ve sufficed.

There as said are dozens of pharmacies in Rome that can do your testing.  Their charge will be small compared to the cost of your cruise.

The cheapest way to do it is to bring tests from home and do a proctored test using your phone.  I would bring 6 tests.  2 as a backup for proctored tests and two more you could use on board.

Rapidtestandtrace.com is one example.  For proctored testing.  There again are many doing this.

There is no testing at the port in Civitavecchia.  There is testing in town but not convenient to the port.

• Thanks 1

We are also getting tested at a Pharmacy in Rome on Sunday afternoon (for Monday boarding) - booked through 'the tour guy' website which lets you skip the waiting line with a booked appointment.

This is the Pharmacy were going to:

Farmacia Statuto, via dello Statuto 35/A, 00185, Rome

I didn't think Celebrity would ship the 'video supervised' tests to the UK, as posters have been saying above?  I missed that - I thought it was just for the US.  But the Rome pharmacy option seems easy enough... 

16 minutes ago, busymumofthree said:

I didn't think Celebrity would ship the 'video supervised' tests to the UK, as posters have been saying above?  I missed that - I thought it was just for the US.  But the Rome pharmacy option seems easy enough... 

UK people seem to be using Qured for their proctored tests- https://covid.qured.com/travel-testing

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, busymumofthree said:

We are also getting tested at a Pharmacy in Rome on Sunday afternoon (for Monday boarding) - booked through 'the tour guy' website which lets you skip the waiting line with a booked appointment.

This is the Pharmacy were going to:

Farmacia Statuto, via dello Statuto 35/A, 00185, Rome

They don't ship them but you can use other companies, example I'm in Canada and can't get it shipped either but there are Canadian companies that do the video supervision tests we can use

11 hours ago, Edinburghgirl1 said:

We used Qured in March for Caribbean cruise and are using them again on Saturday in Rome. Very easy process and if you are flying BA there is a discount code on their website. . 

On 6/8/2022 at 7:37 PM, Arizona Wildcat said:

There as said are dozens of pharmacies in Rome that can do your testing.  Their charge will be small compared to the cost of your cruise.

The cheapest way to do it is to bring tests from home and do a proctored test using your phone.  I would bring 6 tests.  2 as a backup for proctored tests and two more you could use on board.

Rapidtestandtrace.com is one example.  For proctored testing.  There again are many doing this.

There is no testing at the port in Civitavecchia.  There is testing in town but not convenient to the port.

I’m wondering if there is near FCO airport may not be able to travel into town as my mum is elderly. Many thanks.

On 6/8/2022 at 4:47 PM, dani negreanu said:

Boarding, like you, next Monday (Beyond).

Many pharmacies are offering antigen testing in Rome.  Here are 2 of them, no need to reserve ahead,

- Farmacia Argentina (Corso Vittorio Emanuele II, 36)

- Antica Farmacia del Corso (Via del Corso, 242)

And if you're near the Pantheon, like us, I can add two others.

Danny, תודה . Also going on Beyond so hope to meet you and say shalom. 🙂 I have a weird dilemma which you will understand. We have not yet got plans of where we staying as I booked this last second as a surprise for mum and my young brother who has mild autism. They have never cruised before and relying on me and they also wanted to see at least something inside Rome before cruising. At the moment, we are flying Sunday early morning with Vueling as booked online at Celebrity as they had a deal together. (and now she’s stressing about really early flight straight after Shabbat, so may try to change to Sunday night but it’s impossible to reach Celebrity UK on the phone. If I manage to change to later Sunday evening flight, we will probabaly just stay in a FCO hotel rather than go into Rome becuase I gather it will be an issue with suitcases for just a few hours Monday morning. Problem I have is we are flying out on Sunday now to Rome and my mum will not be able to do a test on Shabbat, and I’m calculating Friday in London is 3 days before and may not be acceptable to Celebrity) so our only options seemed to be either a find Pharmacy somewhere near FCO airport when we arrive or at the Rome city centre Monday morning (but means travelling into Central Rome instead of directly to the port from FCO on Monday morning. Seems nothing at the port from heat everyone saying. Luckily the more I Google, it seems many pharmacies all over Rome do it, so we should be ok. 

Edited by Kingdoz

8 hours ago, Mark_T said:

UK people seem to be using Qured for their proctored tests- https://covid.qured.com/travel-testing

Yes this looks good as can arrive Saturday so we can take to Rome on Sunday and do there for £23 each, but they don’t confirm how or when or if they have space for that video call. Eg if pay and buy now, what if they don’t do a video call. Also not even sure if my 4g works in Rome so will have to rely on wifi and have no idea what time I will be near wifi when they call. May have to leave to chance and look for a pharmacy near FCO on Monday morning.. wow it’s so stressing. 

3 minutes ago, sunlover33 said:

I read somewhere they do testing in Rome FCO for in-coming as well as outgoing flight’s but no idea what the times are. Maybe worth checking the airport website. 

There is an app ‘ROME AIRPORTS’ as we will have to test at FCO since we are going directly to Civitavecchia.

36 minutes ago, Kingdoz said:

Danny, תודה . Also going on Beyond so hope to meet you and say shalom.

You're cutting it close by flying in one day before the cruise ... Take the Sunday morning flight, so it will give you some leeway if your flight is cancelled, mechanical problems, crew overtime, you name it.

Yes, there is the option to test at FCO, but my understanding it is that they give priority to those departing.

If you can do the proctored test in UK במוצאי שבת it will be best for you all.

Also, I have 2 pharmacies opened on Sunday near Piazza Navona, one until 6PM, the other until 7PM.

Many of the posts show good planning for this. We are also bringing two extra tests, so we can test at our hotel 1 or 2 days prior. Probably bring one or two on the cruise. Funny how every time I have a sore throat or cough a bit…..Oh Noooo!! Do I have it?!!?! 

Early on when they were advertising these on-line monitored self-tests, this guy had a YouTube video of how to do it. He set it up on his table when told to do that, but when reaching over, it accidentally knocked the test off the table out of view of his ipad camera. The on-line proctor told him it negated the test because the units had been dropped out of sight of the camera. Fortunately, he had ordered 10 sets so he broke out another…..that’s when I knew we’d have at least one extra for each of us!!

Now of course I’d Never do anything such as that, but my wife could… …..don’t tell her I posted this, she’s well aware I’m the one who drops everything, misplaces everything.

den