How Late Can You Disembark ?

kjg46

On our last Regal cruise the Princess Disembarkation Information sheet had the last  Meeting Time of  8:15 AM (Red Tag).  Our next cruise in August, we would like to disembark later than 8:15. Appreciate comments by Folks who were able to stay on the Regal a little longer. We have requested an early check-in at noon for our Rome hotel. We rather kill some time on the ship than temp storing our luggage etc. at the hotel.  Thanks

They *really* want to get you off ASAP!  Keep in mind...they are trying to turn the ship around for the next group coming on board.  I have never seen a time later than 9:00-10:00 on *any* ship...not just the Regal.

Edited by Rick&Jeannie

An idea that MIGHT work... If there are people doing a back-to-back cruise they will be able to stay on board, except for a swift exit and re-board to get re-checked in. These people will probably be allocated a lounge or bar area to hang around in (this was certainly true on a Celebrity B2B I did a few years ago).  You could just mingle with this crowd if they are not checked, then depart when they do their quick exit.  Maybe someone who has done a recent B2B on Princess can confirm is this would be workable.

17 minutes ago, Fjord4Fun said:

An idea that MIGHT work... If there are people doing a back-to-back cruise they will be able to stay on board, except for a swift exit and re-board to get re-checked in. These people will probably be allocated a lounge or bar area to hang around in (this was certainly true on a Celebrity B2B I did a few years ago).  You could just mingle with this crowd if they are not checked, then depart when they do their quick exit.  Maybe someone who has done a recent B2B on Princess can confirm is this would be workable.

OP will be in Italy, so no exit/re-check in like the U.S. The day will be treated as a regular port day for those on b2bs. OP could try to hang around and stay on board. At some point they will probably be paged. Their luggage will be alone or placed aside in the luggage pick up area. 

• Like 1

On another cruise--we handled arriving early AM in Barcelona by booking a private tour for the day. They picked us up at the port.  8 people and they put our luggage in the big van they used to transport us, dropped us near our hotel afterwards.

Second choice--drop bags at the hotel and do a walking tour with a stop for a leisurely lunch near your hotel. Or even IN your hotel if they have a decent lunch restaurant. What about a foodie type walking tour after you drop your bags at the hotel?

I would 100% rather be outdoors wandering and stopping for occasional wine or snacks in the hotel neighborhood. Even a HopOn-HopOff bus would give you a lay of the land and time outside before check-in.

What parks or other sites are near your hotel?

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Fjord4Fun said:

No that is bad info.  They don’t let the b2b people off untill the rest of the passengers are off. Think about it

4 hours ago, Fjord4Fun said:

You could just mingle with this crowd if they are not checked, then depart when they do their quick exit. 

No, that  is a stupid suggestion. Princess know who have not disembarked,  and you will be asked to disembark in no uncertain terms.

• Like 2

I agree with others here--you will be asked what your disembarkation plans are. If your plans are an independent hotel stay (not Princess add on) then you will be off the ship by probably 8:30.

They need to turn the ship around and get everyone off based on their transit to airports and such.

Figure 9 AM if you are very lucky.

Honestly--why stay on the ship--what is the attraction? The cruise is over, you are packed and ready to go and you have had breakfast. Disembark and enjoy the next stop!

Ask your hotel if you can pay extra for early check-in or pay for an extra night and check in once you disembark. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, broker1217 said:

Ask your hotel if you can pay extra for early check-in or pay for an extra night and check in once you disembark. 

In my experience,  most decent hotels will store your luggage for you, even if your room is not available. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, wowzz said:

In my experience,  most decent hotels will store your luggage for you, even if your room is not available. 

Absolute-completely normal, especially in Europe with all the AM arrival flights.

I am referring to being allowed to check-in to your room with your bags early, which is an option.

Or simply pay for an extra night and check-in around 8-9 AM.

I think the best option involves either booking a tour that will haul your bags with you or drop the bags and do something until check-in time.

6 minutes ago, Cruising Jedi said:

Why try to hang around?  In the words of Ferris Bueller, "Why are you still here?  It's over.  Go home"  LOL  😄

You don’t have to go home, but you can’t stay here! 🤣😂

• Like 2

The bell staff at your hotel will be able to check in your baggage and hold it until you are checked into your room.  That leaves you free to explore the area around your hotel, instead of having to hang around the emptying ship getting in the way of the staff doing turn-around duty.

8 hours ago, weedpindle said:

No that is bad info.  They don’t let the b2b people off until the rest of the passengers are off. Think about it

Sorry, but in Europe, it's just another port day.  And as far as a place like Port Everglades goes, it is my understanding, a B2B can exit the ship anytime.  Of course, they will need to clear customs with the rest of the crowd, but could then do whatever in FLL and return to the ship later in the day.

I get out of my cabin whatever time they ask you to be out. Then, I sit at either the pool bar area or International cafe. If you have the drink package you can still use it on disembark day. I make sure I'm in International around the time the last tag is to be called. Then I wait and watch - when nobody else is going out the door, I get up and leave so I'm not holding anyone up but also not waiting in any long lines for CBP. Time varies - the latest ever was after a transatlantic when there was a problem with US customs. Ended up not leaving until almost 10:30. Most of my disembarks are in Fort Lauderdale so YMMV

Remember, the port for Rome is Civitavecchia and it is a good distance into Rome.  My suggestion is to disembark at a normal time and proceed to the train station for transport into Rome.  Between boarding the train in Civitavecchia, travel, and negotiating the crazy Rome train station, at least two hours (and most likely three) will be taken care of.  Then to Rome hotel to check if your room is ready for early check in.

13 hours ago, weedpindle said:

No that is bad info.  They don’t let the b2b people off untill the rest of the passengers are off. Think about it

B2B passengers can disembark once any passenger is allowed to disembark.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

Sorry, but in Europe, it's just another port day.  And as far as a place like Port Everglades goes, it is my understanding, a B2B can exit the ship anytime.  Of course, they will need to clear customs with the rest of the crowd, but could then do whatever in FLL and return to the ship later in the day.

This was absolutely my experience in both Copenhagen and Southampton on a B2B2B.  You get a "Passenger in Transit" card from the steward and exit the ship when you want and return before departure.  Easy peasy, lemon squeezy as the Brits say.

• Like 3

On 7/8/2022 at 6:45 PM, skynight said:

OP will be in Italy, so no exit/re-check in like the U.S. The day will be treated as a regular port day for those on b2bs. OP could try to hang around and stay on board. At some point they will probably be paged. Their luggage will be alone or placed aside in the luggage pick up area. 

We were in Hong Kong when we did our exit and re-entry.  Hong Kong is no in the US. 🙂

On 7/8/2022 at 2:09 PM, weedpindle said:

Not correct for Europe. b2b passengers can disembark/re-embark basically at any time, just like any other port day.