Warning if your about to cruise on Coral.

2 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

So why do they say most travelled if it is most cruised?

I thought they said most cruised. If I was about to get invited, I guess I would take more notice.

I will admit, some parts don't make sense anyway. If you paid for every night of your NZ cruise, and then paid a handsome sum for a ship tour that took you off the ship for 2 nights through Southland to/from the Fiords, it wouldn't make any sense to lose those 2 nights from your tally. 

Whichever way, in their current state, I am not sure we would bother if we were to make an invite list.

19 hours ago, SinbadThePorter said:

It's a very good aquarium, but maybe a little pricey.

We keep fish at home, so maybe it's of more interest to us.

For those interested, I noticed

that ice cream is available in the buffet at dinner.

Thank you.

2 hours ago, arxcards said:

I thought they said most cruised. If I was about to get invited, I guess I would take more notice.

I will admit, some parts don't make sense anyway. If you paid for every night of your NZ cruise, and then paid a handsome sum for a ship tour that took you off the ship for 2 nights through Southland to/from the Fiords, it wouldn't make any sense to lose those 2 nights from your tally. 

Whichever way, in their current state, I am not sure we would bother if we were to make an invite list.

Likewise

11 hours ago, MMDown Under said:

I hope you enjoyed your cruise on Sky Princess, Yvonne.  

Yes thank you  Big ship lots of walking as we were at the pointed end    I was just rather disappointed that although I had booked via the app for the same time each night to dine at a sharing table  we were told there are no sharing tables and never asked anyone in thee line if they would like to share (as they used to)  we had the same table for 2 each night and this was close enough to the next door table to talk if we/they wanted to but not the same as the old traditional making friends tables  

On 7/31/2022 at 5:52 PM, Jean C said:

Thank you for the kind wishes, would love to meet all the helpful and kind CC posters one fine day.  I must admit that I am remembering and enjoying the good times we had more so now than the hiccups and lack of support from Princess, so will likely sail with them again 🙂 They'll go on my "will sail with you [and for Air NZ, fly] as long as it suits me" - I really must learn to forgive and forget, hehehe.

We're booked on a Coral Princess Auckland/Hawaii return trip in September next year (no flights involved) and Auckland to Dover segment of world cruise in April 2024, again on Coral, but dependent on world situation nearer the time.

We were cushioned from world news while away and have come home to news of covid numbers, ram raids, gun violence, poverty, rising cost of living, petrol prices etc etc etc, so must admit it was lovely being in that protected bubble for the 5 days. 

All the very best to you and Frank, to Michael and Cathryn, to Joyce and to all the other supportive and informative posters here - you were a God-send 🙏 🥰

Ok we’re booked on the September 2023 Sydney to Hawaii, Tahiti and South Pacific !!!! Departs Sydney 20th September arriving back 25 Oct. I’m guessing this is your cruise possibly? No we’re not stalking you 🥰🥰🥰

Edited by Cbtours

5 hours ago, Cbtours said:

Ok we’re booked on the September 2023 Sydney to Hawaii, Tahiti and South Pacific !!!! Departs Sydney 20th September arriving back 25 Oct. I’m guessing this is your cruise possibly? No we’re not stalking you 🥰🥰🥰

Absolutely love to have you on board ❤ 😍 Although disappointed with Princess' handling of our delayed departure, we're looking at a Majestic Princess 11 day Queensland coast from Sydney return on 24 Feb next year. We've become like a couple we met a few years back on a 14 night cruise - Magestic will be "just a filler", hehehe 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/31/2022 at 5:52 PM, Jean C said:

…All the very best to you and Frank, to Michael and Cathryn, to Joyce and to all the other supportive and informative posters here - you were a God-send 🙏 🥰

On 8/1/2022 at 6:28 AM, Jean C said:

Goodo 👍 Just before I fell asleep last night (better than at 2am) it drifted through my brain that Sparky is Mark, not Michael - humblest apologies, it's important to get names right 😪 The first time I typed Cathryn's name I very carefully entered it correctly but the darned auto correct figured it knew better 🥴 Missing the cruise ship, my body is still experiencing it's movement, hehehe 🌊

You get a gold star ️ for spelling Cathryn's name correctly. 😁

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, windsor26 said:

Yes thank you  Big ship lots of walking as we were at the pointed end    I was just rather disappointed that although I had booked via the app for the same time each night to dine at a sharing table  we were told there are no sharing tables and never asked anyone in thee line if they would like to share (as they used to)  we had the same table for 2 each night and this was close enough to the next door table to talk if we/they wanted to but not the same as the old traditional making friends tables  

That is a shame, Yvonne.  Next time ask to speak with the Concierge.  I'm sure he/she could find you a share table, especially as you had booked a sharing table.  I've met some lovely interesting cruisers on big, but not too big, sharing tables.  

• Like 4

56 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

I'm sure he/she could find you a share table

We did the 7 day cruise around Hawaii on Norwegians "Pride of America"  years ago long before Covid. It was impossible to get a sharing table in the MDR. They had tables larger than for two only but would only sit us on a table by ourselves. Apparently the Americans there preferred to dine by themselves. I have noticed this attitude in the Cunard CC forum as well. 

• Like 3

Just now, bazzaw said:

We did the 7 day cruise around Hawaii on Norwegians "Pride of America"  years ago long before Covid. It was impossible to get a sharing table in the MDR. They had tables larger than for two only but would only sit us on a table by ourselves. Apparently the Americans there preferred to dine by themselves. I have noticed this attitude in the Cunard CC forum as well. 

We had the same experience on a Celebrity cruise out of the US. No-one wanted a share table.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sparky74 said:

You get a gold star ️ for spelling Cathryn's name correctly. 😁

My "C" is for Catherine, so I had a head start awareness of the difference. Just need you, Cathryn, Julie and Rolf and Cilla and her crowd to book the Hawaii cruise now 🥳

• Like 3

16 hours ago, windsor26 said:

So if you were a solo cruiser like me, you would have to dine alone? No thanks, I like a table of 6 or 8 for dinner in MDR.  Same table for 2 each night would be so boring, just like being at home, lol.

Lookes like I am now an Ex Princess Elite cruiser, sad that.

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Jean C said:

My "C" is for Catherine, so I had a head start awareness of the difference. Just need you, Cathryn, Julie and Rolf and Cilla and her crowd to book the Hawaii cruise now 🥳

Sorry, Jean, we'd love to cruise with you but we did Hawaii/Tahiti in 2019 so have to tick off a couple more big cruises, including a world cruise, before we do Hawaii/Tahiti again.

We're doing the Round Australia cruise in Oct 2023 so might cross paths with Irene & Frank as they disembark.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Sorry, Jean, we'd love to cruise with you but we did Hawaii/Tahiti in 2019 so have to tick off a couple more big cruises, including a world cruise, before we do Hawaii/Tahiti again.

We're doing the Round Australia cruise in Oct 2023 so might cross paths with Irene & Frank as they disembark.

Julie, we are on round Aus this October 2022. Also booked on same Feb 24, which we will cancel if this October one drops out by some chance. That’s why we locked in the Hawaii one for next September to have up our sleeve 🥰

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cbtours said:

Julie, we are on round Aus this October 2022. Also booked on same Feb 24, which we will cancel if this October one drops out by some chance. That’s why we locked in the Hawaii one for next September to have up our sleeve 🥰

We've been trying to do Round Australia for a while. We had a couple cancelled on us, then a move-over to the early 2024 one but that didn't suit us so we switched to the October 2023 one, so we embark when you disembark from your Hawaii/Tahiti cruise.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, NSWP said:

So if you were a solo cruiser like me, you would have to dine alone? No thanks, I like a table of 6 or 8 for dinner in MDR.  Same table for 2 each night would be so boring, just like being at home, lol.

Lookes like I am now an Ex Princess Elite cruiser, sad that.

I agree that having dinner with you partner every night on a ship, isn't that much different from at home. My comment is sometimes "I'm with him 24/7 so  it's nice to have a change!"

When Yvonne referred to having to have dinner with just her husband Colin and not at a share table, it was a cruise on the Sky Princess. A few of us have encountered the reluctance to share tables when the cruise has predominantly people from USA.

On our Coral Princess cruise (26th June) we were seated at a share table - usually eight-seater - at our request. We met a few people travelling solo.

Edited by Aus Traveller
  • Like 3

We'll probably do share tables most nights on our 3rd Sept cruise as we don't have Club Class for that one. But it depends on our mood, sometimes we just want a quiet dinner for two. That's the beauty of non-traditional dining, you have that choice.

Edited by OzKiwiJJ
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

We've been trying to do Round Australia for a while. We had a couple cancelled on us, then a move-over to the early 2024 one but that didn't suit us so we switched to the October 2023 one, so we embark when you disembark from your Hawaii/Tahiti cruise.

We'll make sure we watch out for you 🥰

8 hours ago, MMDown Under said:

That is a shame, Yvonne.  Next time ask to speak with the Concierge.  I'm sure he/she could find you a share table, especially as you had booked a sharing table.  I've met some lovely interesting cruisers on big, but not too big, sharing tables.  

Yes we spoke with him and he "organised" for us to change to a different restaurant at about the same time and he promised a shared table   No it did not happen the door guard at the new one said exactly the same and we had again a table for 2    I have written to the bosses at Princess and asked for elucidation on this matter

7 hours ago, Jean C said:

We only get 28 days leave in a normal year, and they have to be taken by the end of January the following year. We will have an extra 4 weeks due in 2025. 😁

We have booked a cruise on Quantum of the Seas for February 2023. 

• Like 1

It's funny but we prefer a table to ourselves - though they are usually so close we can chat with others around easily. I have been on shared tables on Cunard - one time was lovely as it was a 'hosted' table with an officer on formal nights and I got on so well with the other people. One though was a bit of a disaster - a particular couple (well her really) was quite unpleasant and tried to be the queen bee. My travelling companion noted later we should have asked for another table. 

I have booked private tables for the Coral next week to QLD as the person I am going with much prefers that and gets a bit overwhelmed.

• Like 1

Just a couple of observations.

The Princess Patter used to contain port agent details. It doesn't anymore.

A number of cabins have red bars at the top of the door medallion screen. I don't know what it means, but the cabin next door has it and I haven't seen anyone go in or out. There are also some cabins with a green bar.

The End of Cruise draw is in half an hour. There are 17 in the draw for $5000. Good odds.

Edited by SinbadThePorter
  • Like 1