The Fleet Report and Daily for Monday July 11th, 2022

richwmn

Today is Cheer up the Lonely Day, National Blueberry Muffins Day, and Bowdler's Day

Those who don't believe in magic will never find it.--Roald Dahl

Meal Suggestion for today - blackened chicken fennel slaw
Drink of the Day - Jim Rickey
Wine of the Day - Domaine Louis Moreau 2018 Les Clos Grand Cru (Chab
Destination of the Day - La Goulette (Tunis), Tunisia

Eurodam

Juneau, Alaska 13:00 - 22:00

Koningsdam

Tracy Arm Fjord, Alaska - Juneau, Alaska 09:00 - 09:30

Nieuw Amsterdam

Hubbard Glacier, Alaska 15:00 - 18:00

Nieuw Statendam

At Sea Destination Stockholm, Sweden eta 07/12

Noordam

At Sea Destination Ketchikan, Revillagigedo Island, Alaska eta 07/12

Oosterdam

Kotor, Montenegro 07:00 - 17:00

Rotterdam

At Sea Destination Oslo, Norway eta 07/12

Westerdam

At Sea Destination Juneau, Alaska eta 07/12

Zaandam

At Sea Destination Red Bay NL, Newfoundland, Canada eta 07/13

Zuiderdam

Ketchikan, Revillagigedo Island, Alaska 10:00 - 18:00

Volendam

Rotterdam Waalhaven Ukraine Relief

0711World.thumb.png.1ecc092ada5ee8a880fedb54a730e589.png

• Like 29
  • Thanks 13

Boedler's Day

Thomas Bowdler was born on today's date in 1754. An English physician and philanthropist, he is best known for his censorship of books. As a child, Thomas and his sisters had been read the Bible and Shakespeare by their father, who left out what he found objectionable. Bowdler published a censored version of Shakespeare's works in 1807.
By the 1830s, the word "bowdlerize" had been coined. It is a pejorative term that essentially means "censorship." More specifically, it means to expurgate a written work by removing or modifying passages that are considered vulgar or objectionable.

• Like 20
  • Thanks 21

Thank you for the Monday report, Rich.  To me, Bowdler does not deserve a day but I love the other 2.  Love the Dahl quote but have not been to Tunisia.  Not sure about the meal.  My alternative is Apple and Pear Gazpacho, Braised Beef Short Ribs with Roasted Garlic Cloves, and Key Lime and White Chocolate Tart, my first modern meal on a BHB, the Mariner's brunch on the Rotterdam July 12, 2010.

Today’s care list:

Buddy final days in Hospice
Heartgrove brother discharged but prognosis still uncertain
From the rotation:
StLouisSal with weakening legs and covid
Tana with persistant cough
HAL Sailer DH Nephew Curt undergoing rehab after serious mowing accident
Cruising-along niece awaiting a kidney

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

aliaschief  last day on West Coast
Seasick Sailer in Hawaii
Cruisin Single with sister to 7/28
Volendam caring for refugees
6 days for dfish (Rotterdam 7/17 to 7/31) and Gail&Marty (10/15)
5 days for Vict0riann  (Nieuw Statendam (7/16 to 8/9)
Welcome home Mr Boston,
ski ww (Oosterdam to July 16).  dobiemom (Rotterdam to 7/17), RWSBADGER (Noordam to 7/17), and  luvteaching (Westerdam to 7/17) and Cat in My Lap (Zaandam to 8/13)  at sea
Vacationing Staff Captain Sabine - Our first female Staff Captain and HAL’s likely first female Captain(I know this is a repeat but she’s worth it)

Roy

• Like 29
  • Thanks 16

Good morning.  Thanks for the Fleet Report and Daily.  Thanks for the explanation of "Bowdler's Day", I don't think I'd ever heard of him.

I like the rest of the days.  I'll try to cheer everyone up, lonely or not.  I love blueberry muffins.

Interesting quote.

I'll pass on the meal, not a fan of fennel.

The drink sounds good, hope the wine is good too.

Cloudy and chance of rain for us today.  Bertie and I have already had one walk today, we'll go for another after I have breakfast.

Prayers for everyone.

Have a wonderful day.  Stay safe.

• Like 30

21 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

To me, Bowdler does not deserve a day

How to Observe Bowdler's Day

Celebrate the day by reflecting on censorship. You could spend the day reading censored books, watching censored or controversial films or television shows, or listening to censored songs. You could also read Shakespeare, or Bowdler's edited version. If you are passionate about censorship issues, it may be a fitting day to support or become involved with groups that fight censorship, such as the National Coalition Against Censorship.

• Like 27
  • Thanks 9

Good Morning Everyone, thanks for the daily fleet report.  I’d enjoy a good blueberry muffin right out of the oven.  I’m not sure about today’s meal suggestion so will wait for recipes from @dfish.  Back to reality today.  I’ve already started sorting through work emails.

My cats will try anything to get me out of bed for breakfast, must keep this idea away from them.

image.png.785563ae5fef69c72110610d457e8bb2.png

• Like 16
  • Haha 20

Good morning.  Thank you to both Rich for the Fleet and Daily Report and Roy for our lists.

Cheer up the Lonely Day sounds good.  Sometimes when trying to cheer someone else up, it also lifts your own spirits as well.

I’ll pass on the blueberry muffins for the same reason i passed on the blueberries the other day.  Forced to eat these things as a child and just don’t want them.

I like the quote.  We all need some magic in our lives.

Bowdler’s Day==I really don’t think he deserves a day.  He should be the patron saint of all these states where they want to re-write history and decide what to teach and not teach kids.  i need to go find an censored book and read it today.

I give the meal a pass, but wait for the drink and the wine.

I have never been to the port.

I don’t have much planned for today except to get some laundry and ironing done.  

We will be going to Williamsburg next Sunday for the week to visit some friends.

I posted late yesterday and am making another plea for help if there is anyone with any smarts on how to stop my TV from constant buffering when trying to stream Mass from the internet.  I have tried contacting my internet provider, I have restarted the system, cleared the cache and data.  Don’t know what else I can do.  If there is someone who has any suggestions, I am open to them.  Please email me by clicking the red EMAIL ME link below.    Thanks.

Last night DH and I watched the movie The Gurnsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society.  I had never heard of the book or the movie.  I read the book on my B&N nook and then we watched the movie.  Quite interesting.  I liked the book better.

Prayers for Buddy and @Heartgrove’s brother.  Also for Tana and her caregiver @smitty34877

Prayers also for @St. Louis Sal and for @HAL Sailer’s nephew.

Hope i got everyone.

Cheers to those celebrating and cruising.  Be careful.  Looks like we have two new strains of the Omicron variant. Highly contagious.  Not good news and it does not look like we are ever going to get rid of this thing.  I for one do not want to battle this thing again. Once was enough.

Have a great Monday.  

God Bless and Stay Safe.

Terri

Edited by Cruzin Terri
  • Like 33
  • Thanks 4

Good morning everyone, I’ve missed visiting while we were on our cruise to Bermuda.  It was a great trip, first time to Bermuda and the first time visiting Jersey City for a three day stretch. It’s nice to take a vacation from everything once in a while. I won’t be celebrating Bowdler Day but I will celebrate the others.  The meal suggestion sounds very tasty, I have to get back to eating light.  I’ll skip the drink and the wine as I’m saturated at this point!  Haven’t been to today’s port and it sounds intriguing.  Prayers for everyone on today’s prayer list.  Cheers to everyone celebrating happy events.

Back to work 😔

• Like 30

Thank you for today’s Report & Daily,  Rich! This morning we are going kayaking before it gets too hot. Then we will figure out whatever we can do in the afternoon. I know the girls want to go mini-golfing, but it may be too icky out to do that. You can already feel the humidity in the air. 

Thank you for keeping our lists, Roy. Morning Dailyites!

The girls LOVED the look of this cat. And Cara, the six year old, told her parents she wants one. 😎

BD212268-BA15-445C-8C48-42EA8D75DBC2.jpeg.408047f97ff3b240b3090d76216bc9f3.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support. Cheers to all who are celebrating! Stay well everyone!

Domaine Louis Moreau 2018 Les Clos Grand Cru

This wine sounds lovely. Would love to taste, but it is definitely out of my price range. Available from a few online distributors with prices starting at $89.99.

Winemaker Notes

Grand Cru Les Clos is the most renowned of the 7 Grands Crus in Chablis. It produces dry but generous & powerful wines. It develops a very mineral bouquet, displaying an elegant fineness and impressive length in the mouth.

This Grand Cru will nicely match with monkfish roast with nuts and smoked bacon.

WS97 Wine Spectator
Notes of crushed limestone and sea salt lend freshness to powerfully ripe yellow apple, pineapple and pear flavors in this wine. Matured entirely in stainless steel, it's a classic Chablis focused squarely on the sun-drenched richness and invigorating mineral sheen of the Grand Cru Les Clos vineyard. 
 Cellar Selection
WE97 Wine Enthusiast
Notes of crushed limestone and sea salt lend freshness to powerfully ripe yellow apple, pineapple and pear flavors in this wine. Matured entirely in stainless steel, it's a classic Chablis focused squarely on the sun-drenched richness and invigorating mineral sheen of the Grand Cru Les Clos vineyard. Just approaching peak now, the wine should improve through 2040.
 Cellar Selection
W&S95 Wine & Spirits

Louis Moreau’s seven acres in Les Clos were most recently replanted between 1958 and 1968. The fruit of those old vines, ripened on a south-facing slope, ferments on its own yeasts and ages undisturbed on the fine lees for 18 to 20 months in stainless steel vats. It’s worth the price of admission to drink a wine of this stature presented completely naked, without any oak. This is plump, luscious Cha-blis that takes its time to show itself fully, cool and glorious five days after first opening the bottle. At that moment, it was “almost lemon, almost yellow apple,” said Tim Buzin- ski (Culinary Institute of America), a wine in the process of becoming.

JS94 James Suckling

This is in such good form in 2018 with a very attractive and very rich, layered and complete feel. The flinty nose has intense lemons, grapefruit and white peaches, as well as limes. The palate has very composed, weighty and quite compressed, fleshy power.

Edited by cat shepard
  • Like 29
  • Thanks 9
  • Haha 4

7 minutes ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Good morning.  Thank you to both Rich for the Fleet and Daily Report and Roy for our lists.

Cheer up the Lonely Day sounds good.  Sometimes when trying to cheer someone else up, it also lifts your own spirits as well.

I’ll pass on the blueberry muffins for the same reason i passed on the blueberries the other day.  Forced to eat these things as a child and just don’t want them.

I like the quote.  We all need some magic in our lives.

Bowdler’s Day==I really don’t think he deserves a day.  He should be the patron saint of all these states where they want to re-write history and decide what to teach and not teach kids.  i need to go find an censored book and read it today.

I give the meal a pass, but wait for the drink and the wine.

I have never been to the port.

I don’t have much planned for today except to get some laundry and ironing done.  

We will be going to Williamsburg next Sunday for the week to visit some friends.

I posted late yesterday and am making another plea for help if there is anyone with any smarts on how to stop my TV from constant buffering when trying to stream Mass from the internet.  I have tried contacting my internet provider, I have restarted the system, cleared the cache and data.  Don’t know what else I can do.  If there is someone who has any suggestions, I am open to them.  Please email me by clicking the red EMAIL ME link below.    Thanks.

Last night DH and I watched the movie The Gurnsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society.  I had never heard of the book or the movie.  I read the book on my B&N nook and then we watched the movie.  Quite interesting.  I liked the book better.

Prayers for Buddy and @Heartgrove’s brother.  Also for Tana and her caregiver @smitty34877

Prayers also for @St. Louis Sal and for @HAL Sailer’s nephew.

Hope i got everyone.

Cheers to those celebrating and cruising.  Be careful.  Looks like we have two new strains of the Omicron variant. Highly contagious.  Not good news and it does not look like we are ever going to get rid of this thing.  I for one do not want to battle this thing again. Once was enough.

Have a great Monday.  

God Bless and Stay Safe.

Terri

Read that book several years ago with my book club. Loved it and I have found I always like the book better than a movie.

• Like 25
  • Thanks 1

Good morning everyone.Looks like we’re in for a hot and humid week which means maybe our community pool is warm enough for me to actually go in as opposed to just sitting around talking .

Saturday night I was out for dinner with friends and as I left the restaurant bumped into my grandsons with their father and aunt. We each live about 15 minutes away from the restaurant but in opposite directions.

Off for an early morning visit to the podiatrist.

Prayers for everyone on our list.

Stay safe everyone,

Carol

• Like 28

Jim Rickey cocktail:

Ingredients
1 part Jim Beam® Rye
1/2 part Lime Juice
3 parts Soda Water
Garnish with Lime Wheel

Instructions
Measure and pour lime juice and Jim Beam Rye into tall glass. Fill completely with ice and top with soda/sparkling mineral water. Stir and serve.

Screen Shot 2022-07-11 at 7.50.11 AM.png

Edited by summer slope
  • Like 24
  • Thanks 9

Good morning, everyone!

We are in for another beautiful day here in northeast Ohio although it is supposed to get quite warm out this afternoon.  I'm going to go through the clothes I put out to take with me and decide what I really need and what I don't.  That will be a good afternoon activity on a hot day.  

Today's meal reminds me of a TV show I watched at the beginning of the pandemic.  There was some creative programming on at that time and one of the shows was Amy Schumer Learns to Cook.  Amy is a comedian, not a cook, but her husband is a chef and he chose the recipes and had her assist him.  There was fennel in everything.  I remember one show where she was whining about the fennel and asked if they could have just one meal that was fennel free.  Nope!  Then they started a new run on the show and fennel was replaced by celeriac (celery root).  Amy explained early on that the celery root was the new fennel.  

This is the only recipe I found that is actual blackened chicken with the fennel slaw.   You'll find it on multiple websites, but the recipe is the same.   The chicken doesn't look very blackened to me, but they used a blackening spice and the flavor is what matters.    https://www.starvingbear.com/recipe/462/40/Blackened-Chicken-with-Fennel-Slaw

1462729799_blackenedchickenfennelslaw1.thumb.jpg.f09763aaaf1f698809e773a1d7e66594.jpg

I thought this spicy grilled chicken actually looked better and it has the fennel slaw along with it.  BTW, if you don't like fennel, just use regular slaw.   https://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/spicy-grilled-chicken-with-crunchy-fennel-salad

1850714789_blackenedchickenfennelslaw2.jpg.f3b270d825540ddcaac246d2281e1b74.jpg

I thought the marinade for this chicken sounded good.  The addition of the orange slices to the fennel would be great!  https://bcchickenmonth.com/recipes/bc-mojo-chicken-with-fennel-orange-slaw/

2035125247_blackenedchickenfennelslaw3.thumb.jpg.ce0b7bd4440a904de628a1c15f5ed7c3.jpg

Here is another interesting marinade for the chicken to go along with a fennel salad.  This makes a nice light meal - easy on the calories and the carbs.   https://familystylefood.com/buttermilk-chicken-breasts-fennel-salad-cannellini-arugula/

520977888_blackenedchickenfennelslaw4.thumb.jpg.dc998c1c1e2b28f01f4a535db7f44d2c.jpg

Prayers for all who need them, especially victims of violence and injustice.  Special prayers for our Daily family members who are facing struggles or challenges, especially to health.  Keeping Buddy, Amy, Tana, Curt, and @Heartgrove Jack's brother close.   Cheers to those who are celebrating!   Wishing you all a lovely day.

• Like 29
  • Thanks 10

Good morning from beautiful Southwest Florida.

Not sure about the quote.

I like blueberry muffins, DW makes up a batch every once in awhile, this AM she made some banana nut bread which is always very good.

Pass on the meal.

No golf today as the course is closed for aeration, gives me an extra day to rest my sore back which is better, if I had to play today, I probably could.

Thanks for The Daily, stay well and have a great day.

Edited by MISTER 67
  • Like 31

Thanks for the Monday Daily, Rich.

I think the first day mentioned is the most worthy of celebrating - Cheer up the Lonely.  Love today’s quote - so very true.  The meal sounds good to me - yes, I like fennel 👍 

1AEC3958-AD95-425A-87D5-13E6F77EFDB6.thumb.jpeg.32f8e11bb259e0b4ebf3ad0a79bb54fd.jpeg

Thanks everyone for listening to me yesterday and your feed back on the dog.  Just got off the phone with Debbie & she’s a go for Shadow if she can get here.  Females are more flexible she said and she’s happy to help.  She’s booked there for all my cruises.  She also said it would be a good thing to get routine back in my life and reminded me that pets are healing.

For those not familiar with the Baladi dog:

16BB2E91-95CA-4353-A015-36754918EA92.thumb.jpeg.ad07ebcb8bdffcc68e40f90a269bf34b.jpeg

293D2470-864F-47E8-9EF6-9D3F676CF83A.thumb.jpeg.e8021206ffd437e51e8ebcc9e2c5d0a5.jpeg

OMG - stupid me - the lavender topiary was on sale big time and I decided to give it a shot!  Giving my head a shake.  LOL.

3835134D-836B-4460-A7FD-6C9DDC44729E.jpeg.2c6b8e1be3efefe394960702af33c442.jpeg

Well, the toe doesn’t like to work in the sun, so I better head out and tackle the gardens before it gets too hot for it.  It can only do so much and the weeds are laughing at me.

Have a good Monday everyone 

EB52F789-B3DF-444F-BD77-29737E4B6318.thumb.jpeg.ad13337febcddd0518d6d91b167a0abf.jpeg

Stay safe & please don’t forget your 😷 

• Like 43
  • Haha 5

Good afternoon.

It is sunny and 80°F here.

Thank you for today's daily and fleet reports Rich and Roy for the various lists.

Blueberry muffins are lovely.

It is a good idea to cheer up people who are lonely.

Magic is good and entertaining.

Great quote.

I will give today's food and drink a miss.

We have been to today's port.

I hope everyone is well.

One of our local beaches was voted number 1 in Britain by the Sunday times newspaper.

I hope everyone has a nice day.

Graham.

IMG_20210723_171310.jpg

• Like 31
  • Thanks 1

Good morning friends!  It's cloudy this morning and that is the forecast for the entire day.  Hopefully not too much rain because we had a heavy downpour overnight.  I noticed the rain when I was up walking through my painful leg issues.  Waking up in pain is a real problem lately.  It's worse since my flight home from London.  It might be vein issues but I'm no doctor.  I tried getting an appointment last week but our doctor's office did not return my calls, or even answer the scheduling extension phone.  I am more determined than ever to get in to get some answers.  I've decided today I will get up and use my laptop standing up so that I spend less time sitting down and maybe that will help. 

Thanks Rich for the Daily today, in addition to the Fleet Report!  I love Cheer Up the Lonely Day.  What a worthy way to spend the day celebrating.  I doubt I'll cheer on Bowdler and disagree with censorship.  I don't happen to have any censored books on hand to read though.  DH plans on having a blueberry muffin with his mid-morning coffee.  The blackened chicken fennel slaw does not sound like my cup of tea.  I find the Dahl quote whimsical.  And La Goulette, Tunisia was a cancelled port for us in the past.  Doubt I'll ever get there now.  La Goulette was port of the day here on Oct. 25, 2021 so hopefully we will have some photos today, repeat or otherwise.

Well, it had to happen!  DD came home from her fun Caribbean cruise Saturday.  And now she is Covid positive.  They went to game shows, entertainment in the theater, ate at shared tables, went on at least 4 tours in that one week,  and went to the spa.  Like most people, her symptoms are mild.  I haven't found out whether her travel companion Missy came down with it, but she probably will.  Unfortunately, since DD is quarantining she won't be able to go to Pigeon Forge Thursday with her DH and several of her children.  She has travel insurance for that trip though so might be compensated.  I haven't heard if the family plans on going without her or not but I think they should.  DD can stay home with Sadie and the rest of them could use a vacation.

Thanks to Roy for the Care and Celebration lists today.  Many prayers for all in need!  My twin's DH was negative yesterday so they went to visit Buddy.  Their RN daughter, Megan, drove in for the weekend (90 minute drive) to help Amy out with Buddy.  When Megan left to drive home she was in tears because she said she won't see Buddy alive again.  She has to work all week.  😢  The young son of Amy and Buddy goes to a technical college 4 hours away and he sat all weekend next to his Dad stroking his arm.  The college says he can skip the next two weeks and make it up at the end.  Thank goodness, you wouldn't want to have him make a choice of his Dad or problems with his school.  I dread hearing the news this week.  It brings me to tears thinking of them all.

Well, at least we have some happy news on the Celebration list.  I am ecstatic that everyone has such fun things coming up.  Cheers to you all!🥂  Have a great day everyone.

• Like 24
  • Thanks 10

Good Monday Morning Dailyites!

DH is a Morgenmuffell!  I love the word.  

About an hour after I threw the book club book to the corner, and walked away to the computer, DH said

" I just cant do this anymore, this is the worst book!" so for the first time in 6 years, neither of us have "read" the book. I am hoping that the rest of the group doesn't find our choice for next month as disgusting a read as this one was.  If you have read The Orchid Thief and liked it, please tell me why.

I love blueberry muffins.  I will often make a Jiffy cornbread and throw in a cup of blueberries.  An easy peasy morning breakfast treat. I love blueberries in any form.  Naked or baked.  The blueberries, not me...

@dfish  Thank you for the recipes.  The chicken I will have DH find one he wants to make, and let him do it, but the fennel?  nope.  He fears two things, fennel and kale.  When I was little and we lived in France, I loved celery root salad.  The only place I have found celery root has been in Helen GA,  a wonderful tourist town in the mountains that is based on a Bavarian Village.

The county next to ours is a firm believer in censorship of books in their schools.  When I was teaching teen-agers years ago, I told them I don't care what you read, just make sure you read.  I am not a fan of Bowdler, but I like @richwmn's suggestions on how to celebrate the day.

I know that Rich chooses the days a year in advance, but oddly enough, there is an article this morning on the "googly news" about how many people these days are suffering from loneliness.  So, if you see someone today, smile and say hello.  Well, off to wake the DH, and get ready for going to book club, since it happens during walk the neighbors dog time, I will walk her before we go, and when we get back.  Hope that helps her out.

maxresdefault.jpg

db7.jpg

• Like 32
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

4 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

I noticed the rain when I was up walking through my painful leg issues.  Waking up in pain is a real problem lately.  It's worse since my flight home from London.  It might be vein issues but I'm no doctor. 

Please try to get evaluated to make sure that this is not a blood clot in your leg from your flight and the travelling. I had a friend some years ago who got a clot and had several months of problems before it resolved. Now I always wear compression socks when I travel.

Mary

• Like 23
  • Thanks 4

4 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Good morning friends!  It's cloudy this morning and that is the forecast for the entire day.  Hopefully not too much rain because we had a heavy downpour overnight.  I noticed the rain when I was up walking through my painful leg issues.  Waking up in pain is a real problem lately.  It's worse since my flight home from London.  It might be vein issues but I'm no doctor.  I tried getting an appointment last week but our doctor's office did not return my calls, or even answer the scheduling extension phone.  I am more determined than ever to get in to get some answers.  I've decided today I will get up and use my laptop standing up so that I spend less time sitting down and maybe that will help. 

Thanks Rich for the Daily today, in addition to the Fleet Report!  I love Cheer Up the Lonely Day.  What a worthy way to spend the day celebrating.  I doubt I'll cheer on Bowdler and disagree with censorship.  I don't happen to have any censored books on hand to read though.  DH plans on having a blueberry muffin with his mid-morning coffee.  The blackened chicken fennel slaw does not sound like my cup of tea.  I find the Dahl quote whimsical.  And La Goulette, Tunisia was a cancelled port for us in the past.  Doubt I'll ever get there now.  La Goulette was port of the day here on Oct. 25, 2021 so hopefully we will have some photos today, repeat or otherwise.

Well, it had to happen!  DD came home from her fun Caribbean cruise Saturday.  And now she is Covid positive.  They went to game shows, entertainment in the theater, ate at shared tables, went on at least 4 tours in that one week,  and went to the spa.  Like most people, her symptoms are mild.  I haven't found out whether her travel companion Missy came down with it, but she probably will.  Unfortunately, since DD is quarantining she won't be able to go to Pigeon Forge Thursday with her DH and several of her children.  She has travel insurance for that trip though so might be compensated.  I haven't heard if the family plans on going without her or not but I think they should.  DD can stay home with Sadie and the rest of them could use a vacation.

Thanks to Roy for the Care and Celebration lists today.  Many prayers for all in need!  My twin's DH was negative yesterday so they went to visit Buddy.  Their RN daughter, Megan, drove in for the weekend (90 minute drive) to help Amy out with Buddy.  When Megan left to drive home she was in tears because she said she won't see Buddy alive again.  She has to work all week.  😢  The young son of Amy and Buddy goes to a technical college 4 hours away and he sat all weekend next to his Dad stroking his arm.  The college says he can skip the next two weeks and make it up at the end.  Thank goodness, you wouldn't want to have him make a choice of his Dad or problems with his school.  I dread hearing the news this week.  It brings me to tears thinking of them all.

Well, at least we have some happy news on the Celebration list.  I am ecstatic that everyone has such fun things coming up.  Cheers to you all!🥂  Have a great day everyone.

Sorry to hear your daughter has returned home with Covid.

Pauline tested positive in March when we got home after our P&O Iona cruise.

I hope Sadie is well.

Sorry to hear you have a leg issue which might be a vein issue especially after a long flight but you do right to want to get it sorted quickly.

Prayers 🙏 for Buddy and all your family in his last days.

Take care.

Graham.

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1

@StLouisCruisers  I had leg pain the last time we flew from Seattle back to Atlanta.  PLEASE find either a doc to see you now, or chose a quiet time of day and just go to the emergency room.  When I called my doc  two days after coming home, they saw me that day.  Call them again!

done nagging.

@Sea Viewer thanks for the tip about the compression socks.

• Like 21
  • Thanks 4