Edge class - exquisite no?

johnnylikely

Just now, kwokpot said:

Always the jogging track for that. 

True, but on RC we could just come out of dinning rooms and do a couple of slow laps, maybe do some star gazing on the helipad, forward area...

57 minutes ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

If you are sitting Bacio on E-class the music sound is awful , the acoustics are way off

even in the Martini Bar in the back , the speakers are right there , it so loud you cannot talk with anyone in your group 

I‘’m sorry to hear this as I had the same problem in the Martini Bar (and other venues) on Millennium back in 2016.  Music was played way too loudly and it was impossible to have a conversation with other passengers who tried to engage with us.

It was our first X cruise and that, with some other issues, convinced us to never cruise on Celebrity again.  We’ve booked Edge for September and hope there will be some quieter areas onboard.  I say this as someone who enjoys live bands in the lounges at night. 

22 hours ago, jelayne said:

Quieter more relaxed.  They feel like a nice restaurant rather than a huge dining hall.

I quite agree and must say that there are evenings when I wonder where all of the "plebes" came from... LOL and not the Military ones, either...

bon appetit and bon voyage

2 hours ago, Ipeeinthepools said:

I wish you could find a seat in the Sky Lounge at Happy Hour on any E-class ship.

You can, it is part of the Iconic Suite... LOL

Cheers and bon voyage

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Beamafar said:

I‘’m sorry to hear this as I had the same problem in the Martini Bar (and other venues) on Millennium back in 2016.  Music was played way too loudly and it was impossible to have a conversation with other passengers who tried to engage with us.

It was our first X cruise and that, with some other issues, convinced us to never cruise on Celebrity again.  We’ve booked Edge for September and hope there will be some quieter areas onboard.  I say this as someone who enjoys live bands in the lounges at night. 

It was our first X cruise and that, with some other issues, convinced us to never cruise on Celebrity again.  We’ve booked Edge for September.  As EDGE is Celebrity, looks like you weren't too convinced then, good on you though for giving it another try!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, LGW59 said:

It was our first X cruise and that, with some other issues, convinced us to never cruise on Celebrity again.  We’ve booked Edge for September.  As EDGE is Celebrity, looks like you weren't too convinced then, good on you though for giving it another try!

Yeah - I thought I should have qualified that after posting.  😁

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, CruiseDoc79 said:

I thought a recent review of Equinox by Zach the Travelling Man on Youtube was an interesting comparison from a person who had previously only sailed on E-class.  Sounds like staffing is still a real problem. Not sure if Cruise Critic will allow me to link to it but here is a try:

I haven't noticed any major staffing issues lately. If there are, they are doing a decent job covering it up. In regard to that review, if your only Celebrity experience is cruising with <1,000 people on near-maiden return to service sailing on E class or brand new ships (Beyond) where they bring on the best staff to open the ship, then you went on an almost full S class ship, you will definitely notice a different feel overall. It's not an even comparison. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

I haven't noticed any major staffing issues lately. If there are, they are doing a decent job covering it up. In regard to that review, if your only Celebrity experience is cruising with <1,000 people on near-maiden return to service sailing on E class or brand new ships (Beyond) where they bring on the best staff to open the ship, then you went on an almost full S class ship, you will definitely notice a different feel overall. It's not an even comparison. 

I watched it as well.  Not a good comparison.  Is this person a TA or a cruise critic and funded/comped?

9 minutes ago, asnaleah said:

The E class is more expensive than S or M

Generally speaking, I would agree, but not always.  That said, it also was not decorated when my grandma was sailing.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, asnaleah said:

The E class is more expensive than S or M

They do occasionally have bargains I got a great rate for sky suite on beyond for under 3k including everything including 400 each OBC.

It did double in price a few weeks after.

Edited by George C
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

Generally speaking, I would agree, but not always.  That said, it also was not decorated when my grandma was sailing.  

Functional furniture is SO out of style! Who needs comfort? 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, D C said:

After spending a fair amount of time on E class ships, I can honestly say I 100% do not understand this one. Seems like maybe one vocal CC'er got stuck in a chair and then it became the popular thing to gripe about?

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

After spending a fair amount of time on E class ships, I can honestly say I 100% do not understand this one. Seems like maybe one vocal CC'er got stuck in a chair and then it became the popular thing to gripe about?

j Just like the IV's...

bon voyage

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, D C said:

2 hours ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

Did you spend much time on your pseudo balcony...or if on a REAL balcony, how were your reclining chairs and footstools and reasonably sized table on which to dine??

• Like 4

I think X went overboard (pun intended) to make the E class ships "Modern" and tossed the baby out with a bathwater.

We were on the Edge in 2019 and found all things we Loved on the M and S class ships were missing.

No Glass Elevators. No Classic Main Dining room. No Sky Lounge in the front of the ship and the Infinite Varanda with no outside seating was cruel joke.

Now I get IT that these ships are intended for the next generation of cruisers who like glass and chrome and don't care if dining is in a cramped noisy venue and Art is some plastic melting down the wall and  pooling on the floor. And Eden? what a wasted space and only accessible through a strange hall of mirrors? We called that dark hallway  the Halloween Forest.

The Food was great and the new round stage in the main theater were great.

We learned that the older ships are what We loved and have sailed on ever since.

• Like 1

The 4 MDRs are the best at sea. I realize special restaurants have ‘special’ menus but the E-Class 4 smaller, quieter, better designed MDRs are the hallmark of E-Class, along with the Eden area on the stern.

Agree, miss the Sky Lounge……so I book S-Class. I miss the fantastic inside warm-water live action with the steel lounges in the water on the side with Bubbles coming up……So I book M-Class.

den

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/24/2022 at 11:17 PM, johnnylikely said:

I've done a lot of Solstice class ships so when Edge class ships were announced, I couldn't wait to try.

The reviews of the Edge have been good, but not amazing.

I just tried the Edge for myself and was blown away. By far and away my fave ship- stunning, luxury, it's clear the billion dollars they spent went into it.

Wondered why (other than the not great infinite balconies) people didn't like it!

I feel the exact same way.  In fact in 135 cruises on a huge variety of ships and cruise lines, the Edge Class is at the very top of my all-time favorites list.  I was also blown away by the overall design and most of all the attention to detail.  It’s elevated without question.  I much prefer it over the S-Class.  

• Like 3

On 7/25/2022 at 8:45 AM, Jeremiah1212 said:

You really have to experience it for yourself. I've been on Edge a few times and Beyond once and really wonder if some of the comments I read are regarding the same ship. They are all over the place and a lot of them are a little over the top. Yes the ships are different but there is still quite a bit of consistency in certain things compared to S class ships.

I sailed on Reflection in April, Beyond in May, Reflection again in September and Beyond again after that.  The April Reflection cruise was underwhelming overall but I don't think it had anything to do with the ship itself but from here on out I would very likely choose E over S class every time. Just try it! 

If I might ask was the Tree of Life, which cost over $1 million to make, on either the Edge or Beyond? I don’t remember it being on the Edge when we cruised on it back in August. But those were only 7 day cruises back then. However, on the 9 day leg of our Apex B2B in November, they rolled it out and it was awesome!

B70D60EA-7F3B-4938-B837-C234E4C5E602.jpeg.28f39aee7d7396bbabf04e7ac2ab4b7f.jpeg

BCACA423-CB6A-4601-8D61-BD92449A5FE0.jpeg.9c818ea125e1d729ac604814e3aeaaed.jpeg