Is AI still with us?

Dolebludger

Did a spot check, and the cruises I checked had AI for Retreat and Aqua, and the other SRs were Cruise Only. 

Need to look at specific cruises and see. Only shows up when you select Book, then see the list of SR classes and should show if AI is included and which.

den

1 minute ago, Denny01 said:

Did a spot check, and the cruises I checked had AI for Retreat and Aqua, and the other SRs were Cruise Only. 

Need to look at specific cruises and see. Only shows up when you select Book, then see the list of SR classes and should show if AI is included and which.

den

I didn't know that.  When I select concierge class it shows.  So it may be cruise only if it's another class?  I've always seen those two options, unless I select Retreat and then it's a given it's AI.  IMO not good options for those not selecting a certain class.  Maybe removing AI from all classes except Retreat in time?

11 minutes ago, Denny01 said:

den

AI is showing available as an option on any class for have looked at lately..seems to be standard on Aqua and The Retreat. 

Edited by PTC DAWG

8 minutes ago, Oceangoer2 said:

I didn't know that.  When I select concierge class it shows.  So it may be cruise only if it's another class?  I've always seen those two options, unless I select Retreat and then it's a given it's AI.  IMO not good options for those not selecting a certain class.  Maybe removing AI from all classes except Retreat in time?

No, there is an All Included option and a Cruise Only option available for every class of stateroom up to CC level on every ship. AQ and suites have no Cruise Only rate by default. 

Edited by Jeremiah1212

Thanks, I see that one must go through the booking process to stateroom choice, and then there will be an opportunity to chose All Included. I think options and choices like this are good, and I would have been sad to see this one go. I tried a booking for an inside room, and after I selected the room, I was given the option of Cruise Only or All Included. So apparently AI is available in all room classes.

1 hour ago, Dolebludger said:

Thanks, I see that one must go through the booking process to stateroom choice, and then there will be an opportunity to chose All Included. I think options and choices like this are good, and I would have been sad to see this one go. I tried a booking for an inside room, and after I selected the room, I was given the option of Cruise Only or All Included. So apparently AI is available in all room classes.

Yes every cabin upto and including Concierge has the 2 options: Cruise only or AI. Aqua and above AI only.

54 minutes ago, the penguins said:

Yes every cabin upto and including Concierge has the 2 options: Cruise only or AI. Aqua and above AI only.

Have you had chance to do any research on cruise only prices yet Geoff? I'm sceptical that there will be any real benefit to non-drinkers such as you

2 hours ago, Dolebludger said:

... I see that one must go through the booking process to stateroom choice, and then there will be an opportunity to chose "All Included."  I think options and choices like this are good, and I would have been sad to see this one go.  I tried a booking for an inside room, and after I selected the room, I was given the option of Cruise Only or All Included. So apparently AI is available in all room classes.

So you are saying that Celebrity -- after more than a year of seeing many CruiseCritic members complaining about the foolishness of calling it "Always Included" (when it was only "Sometimes Included" or "Usually Included") -- has finally changed the name -- to something just as silly (if not more silly): "All Included"?

It is false for "X" to say, "All Included," because not "ALL" is included.  The "AI" fare does not include ...

(1) the highest level of beverage package ...

(2) the halfway-decent level (speed) of Internet access ...

(3) the air fare and airport transfer, if needed ...

(4) the excursions that one may like ...

(5) any specialty restaurant fees ...

(6) the travel insurance ... and ...

(6) probably some other things that are not coming to our minds at this moment!

Oh, well.  Despite the deception/inaccuracy, we wish to cruise so much that we are now booked anyway!  Unfortunately, we the public are at the sorry point, in human history, in which most people running businesses are so unethical, dishonest, or ignorant that we must either avoid them completely [e.g., never cruise again] or just sadly shake our heads and pray for them to repent and reform their ways!

• Haha 2

23 hours ago, jg51 said:

It is false for "X" to say, "All Included," because not "ALL" is included.  The "AI" fare does not include

I just read it as 'all' items they list on the offer are included...

Here's what X says about the Galapagos; if you want to get technical, there's no such thing as a Michelin starred chef since they're awarded at the restaurant level.  The James Beard Awards recognizes individual chefs, not the restaurant.

image.thumb.png.9d316c976e5f5bf8dfe256e71a37c8d0.png

Edited by NutsAboutGolf

Just wondering with Classic Beverage Package included with AI (All Included), it states 

• Non-Premium bottled water is included.  Will that be made available in my cabin by the steward or will I have to pick that up myself at different locations throughout the ship?  I know on other cruise lines, if you open the bottled water that is left in your stateroom it will be charged to your ship account.

5 minutes ago, rihabo said:

Just wondering with Classic Beverage Package included with AI (All Included), it states 

• Non-Premium bottled water is included.  Will that be made available in my cabin by the steward or will I have to pick that up myself at different locations throughout the ship? 

You will need to collect it from a bar or other area where it is being offered, such as when disembarking at a port stop...

On 7/27/2022 at 9:04 PM, Definitas said:

Have you had chance to do any research on cruise only prices yet Geoff? I'm sceptical that there will be any real benefit to non-drinkers such as you

The reduction is not as much as the original increases but it's hard to be precise as prices have risen so much.

However we have booked Reflection Transatlantic October 2023 which is a 14 night cruise in a balcony on deck 7 and the reduction for not having the drinks and internet but including the tips was £740.

That's a reduction of just over £26 per person per day which makes it very worthwhile for us.

Of course as Elite+ the big benefit for us is all our Lattes/teas/hot chocolate are free (we don't drink any form of alcohol)  plus we get free bottled water every day between 5 and 7,  and 240 minutes free WiFi each which is way more than we need.

So yes on balance for Elite+ who don't drink alcohol and don't need unlimited WiFi  it's a win. For anyone else they will need to do the maths (sorry math). 

I don't understand why Aqua are still being forced to buy AI other than to justify the huge price difference over other cabins.

We will just have to see how it all pans out but certainly a positive move. Geoff.