Diamond benefits

4 hours ago, flamingos said:

Sorry to laugh, but there have been discussions on this.  🙂

If the children have stats through their parents, they get their free drinks.  

The question was, can an adult use that child's card to get an alcoholic beverage for themselves.  It went pages and pages.  

HA! Peaked my curiosity I gotta find that thread. I could use a good laugh 😆.  I don't drink that much 1 MAYBE  two glasses of wine on a good night and not every night at that. As for the kids they LOVE their virgin frozen drinks - would be nice to have them be able to order 1 or 2 on their own. 

Yes, if the kids are Diamond, they get four vouchers per day. They can use them for frozen drinks, smoothies in the Vitality Bar (if available on your ship), cans of soda, Shirley Temples, fresh squeezed OJ at breakfast, fancy hot chocolate at Cafe Promenade, etc.  

• Like 1

We cruised in 3 separate staterooms in May/June. 2 adult kids in one, hubs and I in an other and " Gramma " in a third. This was only her 3rd RC cruise but they gave her our D+ benefits. She lives with us but has a different last name and had a separate booking number; I don't know why they did that. There were no complaints!

When she cruised with us in February she had no bennies. 

8 hours ago, brillohead said:

Yes, if the kids are Diamond, they get four vouchers per day. They can use them for frozen drinks, smoothies in the Vitality Bar (if available on your ship), cans of soda, Shirley Temples, fresh squeezed OJ at breakfast, fancy hot chocolate at Cafe Promenade, etc.  

So you can get the upgraded hot chocolate in Cafe Promenade with D+ vouchers? 

15 hours ago, KATHYMAC68 said:

What bar is open in the morning of disembarkation? I want to get all the perks due up to the last minute. Lol

Makes sense to grab a few waters for the ride home.

Haha yeah I was the same! 
Thinking about it, I think we got the water from cafe promenade or sorrentos. 

We just got home from our cruise to Alaska, and are excited to become Diamond members once our points are loaded!

I read the benefits letter above. I'm assuming that the discounts for internet/photo packages are only if purchased when you are on the ship?

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, erinsmom03 said:

We just got home from our cruise to Alaska, and are excited to become Diamond members once our points are loaded!

I read the benefits letter above. I'm assuming that the discounts for internet/photo packages are only if purchased when you are on the ship?

All of the CAS on board offers are for use on board as the name applies.  They can not be used before or after the cruise.  

19 minutes ago, twangster said:

All of the CAS on board offers are for use on board as the name applies.  They can not be used before or after the cruise.  

Thanks, that's what I figured. I'm sure it will be cheaper to buy internet and photo packages ahead of time if we want them.

We are Emerald with 79 points. I used to know the answer, but have forgotten...we don't become Diamond until after the next cruise correct? We have an 8 night coming up in December and are considering a quick 2-3 night prior to enjoy the Diamond benefits on the longer cruise. Thanks!

2 minutes ago, johnstoc13 said:

We are Emerald with 79 points. I used to know the answer, but have forgotten...we don't become Diamond until after the next cruise correct? We have an 8 night coming up in December and are considering a quick 2-3 night prior to enjoy the Diamond benefits on the longer cruise. Thanks!

Correct. Go for the shorty to get to Diamond!

16 minutes ago, johnstoc13 said:

Correct, you would become diamond on the cruise after.  You need to decide if the cost of a 2-3 night cruise is worth it just to get diamond benefits.  If you live close to a port with short cruises, it might be worth it.  Add the prices of the benefits you would you and decide.

4 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

Correct, you would become diamond on the cruise after.  You need to decide if the cost of a 2-3 night cruise is worth it just to get diamond benefits.  If you live close to a port with short cruises, it might be worth it.  Add the prices of the benefits you would you and decide.

And of course factor in the enjoyment of the short cruise itself. You're not just buying points when you do this; you do get to go on an extra cruise. 😁

Edited by OCSC Mike
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, johnstoc13 said:

I'm Emerald with 73 points. With solo cruises that were cancelled during Covid I would have been Diamond ages ago. But a 4 night solo out of NOLA 11/3 with double points will get me to Diamond in time for a 7 night pre-Christmas cruise with DH. And he'll be considered Diamond as well. And it will also bump me to Elite on Celebrity for my 8 night out of LA with my sister 12/3. All in all, worth the "Sacrifice"!!

(I still regret not getting to take that cruise from Montreal to Miami in Oct.2020 on Empress 😞 )

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, wikoffclan said:

I'm Emerald with 73 points. With solo cruises that were cancelled during Covid I would have been Diamond ages ago. But a 4 night solo out of NOLA 11/3 with double points will get me to Diamond in time for a 7 night pre-Christmas cruise with DH. And he'll be considered Diamond as well. And it will also bump me to Elite on Celebrity for my 8 night out of LA with my sister 12/3. All in all, worth the "Sacrifice"!!

(I still regret not getting to take that cruise from Montreal to Miami in Oct.2020 on Empress 😞 )

I hear ya! We were booked on Jewel out of Denmark to see Norway when COVID hit. This upcoming December cruise will be our first time back since. Really looking forward to cruising again!!

5 hours ago, erinsmom03 said:

So, what is the low down on the balcony discount for diamond? Is it just as much a disappointment as it was at Emerald or Platinum?

Yes, sometimes some non-combinable sale discount is higher than the balcony discount so you get no discount. But when you do, the balcony discount will be higher than your previous status.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, erinsmom03 said:

Tonight we are finally diamond! 

So, what is the low down on the balcony/suite discount for diamond? Is it just as much a disappointment as it was at Emerald or Platinum?

Balcony discounts:

Platinum Balcony Discount When Booking More than 6 Months from Sailing Date:
$ 50 * for sailings of 3-5 nights
$100* for sailings of 6-9 nights
$200* for sailings of 10+ nights

Emerald Balcony Discount When Booking More than 6 Months from Sailing Date:
$ 75 * for sailings of 3-5 nights
$125* for sailings of 6-9 nights
$225* for sailings of 10+ nights

Diamond Balcony Discount When Booking More than 6 Months from Sailing Date:
$125* for sailings of 3-5 nights
$225* for sailings of 6-9 nights
$325* for sailings of 10+ nights

Diamond Plus Balcony Discount When Booking More than 6 Months from Sailing Date:
$150* for sailings of 3-5 nights
$250* for sailings of 6-9 nights
$350* for sailings of 10+ nights

Pinnacle Club Balcony Discount When Booking More than 6 Months from Sailing Date:
$175* for sailings of 3-5 nights
$275* for sailings of 6-9 nights
$375* for sailings of 10+ nights

*When booking less than 6 months from sailing date subtract $25 from the dollar amount.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Balcony discounts:

Platinum Balcony Discount When Booking More than 6 Months from Sailing Date:
$ 50 * for sailings of 3-5 nights
$100* for sailings of 6-9 nights
$200* for sailings of 10+ nights

Emerald Balcony Discount When Booking More than 6 Months from Sailing Date:
$ 75 * for sailings of 3-5 nights
$125* for sailings of 6-9 nights
$225* for sailings of 10+ nights

Diamond Balcony Discount When Booking More than 6 Months from Sailing Date:
$125* for sailings of 3-5 nights
$225* for sailings of 6-9 nights
$325* for sailings of 10+ nights

Diamond Plus Balcony Discount When Booking More than 6 Months from Sailing Date:
$150* for sailings of 3-5 nights
$250* for sailings of 6-9 nights
$350* for sailings of 10+ nights

Pinnacle Club Balcony Discount When Booking More than 6 Months from Sailing Date:
$175* for sailings of 3-5 nights
$275* for sailings of 6-9 nights
$375* for sailings of 10+ nights

*When booking less than 6 months from sailing date subtract $25 from the dollar amount.

I have finally bookmarked this post, so I know where to find this in the future!  I'm always afraid to ask you, b/c I know you've told me eleventy bazillion times already!  

• Like 2

8 hours ago, erinsmom03 said:

Tonight we are finally diamond! 

So, what is the low down on the balcony/suite discount for diamond? Is it just as much a disappointment as it was at Emerald or Platinum?

It starts to become a factor more often but still not always.  A lot depends on the cruises you book, the season, the ship, how far in the future, etc.  As you climb higher the discount is more so it starts to become something that may help more often since it is not combinable with every sale or promo.  

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, twangster said:

It starts to become a factor more often but still not always.  A lot depends on the cruises you book, the season, the ship, how far in the future, etc.  As you climb higher the discount is more so it starts to become something that may help more often since it is not combinable with every sale or promo.  

One more advantage with group rates.  You get the full balcony discount applied and it can be repriced if you change C&A tiers without affecting the rate you paid as long as you are 120 days to sailing.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

One more advantage with group rates.  You get the full balcony discount applied and it can be repriced if you change C&A tiers without affecting the rate you paid as long as you are 120 days to sailing.

Headquarter groups or named affinity groups?