Deployment 2024-25 booking season begins

2 hours ago, Polition67 said:

What big ships do we think will do Europe 2025, I read allure is going into dry dock feb-April 2025. Thinking possibly second icon ship as she should be sailing at that time 🤷🏼‍♀️

Cruises after April 2025 will be on a 2025-2026 Thread, have start that one in a few Months. Time is Flying!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Ethanol95 said:

So where is Anthem going now? Still Singapore till any further confirmation right?

How long do you think Spectrum will be in Shanghai for. the Chinese economy is supposed to be in pretty bad shape.

10 hours ago, little britain said:

On a social site, a lady who has just got off Odyssey in Rome says how several staff on board, including NextCruise, told her that Odyssey is coming to Southampton in ‘25.    We can live in hope. 

Fingers crossed!

18 minutes ago, FionaMG said:

Ooooh, THREE then! Allure/Oasis AND Odyssey AND Indy!!!! 😂😂😂

Do you think Independence AND an oasis class is likely for Southampton? Would Allure possibly start a season after a dry dock?

If both were there how would they organise itineraries?

Maybe the oasis class on 7 nighters and Indy on a series of longer cruises?

1 hour ago, Trixie21 said:

Do you think Independence AND an oasis class is likely for Southampton? Would Allure possibly start a season after a dry dock?

If both were there how would they organise itineraries?

Maybe the oasis class on 7 nighters and Indy on a series of longer cruises?

I would think the other way. Oa/All heading to the Med for 14 nights. Baltics are starting again so Indy would be good

3 minutes ago, bigeck said:

I would think the other way. Oa/All heading to the Med for 14 nights. Baltics are starting again so Indy would be good

They don't often do longer itineraries on oasis class but I think they would be great - plenty of time to see and do everything on those ships.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, bigeck said:

And yes that makes sense because they are warm weather ships .

And the northern ports are more suited to the "smaller" ship.

• Like 1

I’d be amazed if Allure ended up at Southampton for a season and even more surprised if it did 14 night itineraries. These are the real money makers of the fleet. Look at how much a 7 night med cruise costs on Oasis class now. They’d be looking for twice that. The overall concept doesn’t add up for me. 

57 minutes ago, Billy Baltic said:

I’d be amazed if Allure ended up at Southampton for a season and even more surprised if it did 14 night itineraries. These are the real money makers of the fleet. Look at how much a 7 night med cruise costs on Oasis class now. They’d be looking for twice that. The overall concept doesn’t add up for me. 

You could well be right - we shall just have to wait for the actual deployment to see whats happening.

No one has pointed out any port bookings yet which would support there being a 2nd ship .

16 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

How long do you think Spectrum will be in Shanghai for. the Chinese economy is supposed to be in pretty bad shape.

China still has pent-up travel demand from Covid. Travelling around the med currently and do not see any Mainland Chinese touring in the peak of summer season. I would think that Shanghai would rebound stronger than Singapore. People still have money, like others, they have reserved cash from covid to travel.

Anxiously awaiting to see if Royal does one last year (2025) with the Fjords and Artic Circle.  Many, including TAs, are saying no.  We truly hope this isn't true, or we are moving a whole lot of 2024 cruises around to make this dream vacation happen.  We had wanted to do it for our 10th anniversary, but not sure that is feasible now.

8 hours ago, MarkedAngel said:

Anxiously awaiting to see if Royal does one last year (2025) with the Fjords and Artic Circle.  Many, including TAs, are saying no.  We truly hope this isn't true, or we are moving a whole lot of 2024 cruises around to make this dream vacation happen.  We had wanted to do it for our 10th anniversary, but not sure that is feasible now.

Some of the new restrictions go into effect Jan. 1 2025 while others are later.  

If I'm not mistaken the 2025 restrictions would require a port of call have shore power available in order for a conventional ship to be acceptable, or at least one iteration would have that requirement and it didn't sound like shore power was going to be available.  

There may be enough uncertainty in the evolving restrictions for cruise lines to be leary and simply avoid Norway beyond 2024.    

20 hours ago, Ethanol95 said:

China still has pent-up travel demand from Covid. Travelling around the med currently and do not see any Mainland Chinese touring in the peak of summer season. I would think that Shanghai would rebound stronger than Singapore. People still have money, like others, they have reserved cash from covid to travel.

I also think they don't want to abandon the market with a new Carnival ship, built in China, about to enter service in China.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, twangster said:

If I'm not mistaken the 2025 restrictions would require a port of call have shore power available in order for a conventional ship to be acceptable, or at least one iteration would have that requirement and it didn't sound like shore power was going to be available.  

There may be enough uncertainty in the evolving restrictions for cruise lines to be leary and simply avoid Norway beyond 2024.    

Man,I missed this.  This is a bucket list for me.  May have to go next May or June.

3 hours ago, twangster said:

UNESCO heritage fjords will ban ships that are not carbon neutral.  Perhaps only effects Flams and Geiranger, but the Arctic circle ports should be ok.

LB - also hoping for 2025

4 hours ago, twangster said:

Hello,

I think Royal will turn off the engines and offer additional C&A points to those that were prepared to enter and turn a gigantic wheel to generate electricity.

Regards,

Cublet

• Haha 3