Jim_Iain - Summit Live Post B3B Greenland / Iceland / Canada Aug 7, 19 and 31, 2022

Jim_Iain

29 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Who’s aboard 

16D8507C-C051-47BA-ACCE-3220FBD54A6F.thumb.jpeg.eddb8f6a25109a4fecce533314f0a001.jpeg

B3D2275C-85A4-4F22-BA74-FA7CCD07C985.thumb.jpeg.59f9942590cc1c04c72ad6ad57237262.jpegDAB50A55-4621-4B6D-A79A-183347D8C773.thumb.jpeg.2d5c6bb2be365a041dc4b35c5999645b.jpegCD6AC7E9-C167-4A4C-8BD8-5D532FC7179B.thumb.jpeg.74624ad0ffc83c7e9632914ae01c50c2.jpeg

Wow .Its nice to see Blanca promoted from Michael's Concierge to Guest Relation Director.

Congratulation Blanca.

What a sweet lady.

Edited by verizon
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

Funny that the Revenue manager gets the biggest photo!

Actually I did that --- you can only see each on a list if you click right ..... I cut him out as otherwise it would have duplicated the previous 2 or 3 when I posted it ... it just blew him up i size... lol.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, marycruz said:

Same here on our May cruise.  Our requests relayed to the shoreside concierge were not relayed to anyone on board.  We also had Apollo!  He was great. In Luminae we also had a great waiter.    His name was Yuda.   Could you let me know if you see him?  He may have gone on vacation.

Had Yuda in the spring--he's probably ready to go on vacation.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, verizon said:

Wow .Its nice to see Blanca promoted from Michael's Concierge to Guest Relation Director.

Congratulation Blanca.

What a sweet lady.

I always enjoy seeing who’s aboard.  Mar is still in Retreat until our New England cruise ends.  She is so nice.  

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

I always enjoy seeing who’s aboard.  Mar is still in Retreat until our New England cruise ends.  She is so nice.  

Yes, she really is lovely. We also became very fond of Cecelia 😊

2 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Thanks --- We are prepared for everything.    We have some waterproof slickers that were really handy when we were in Scotland.    Being a Scot Iain's second favorite expression is -  "It's only water". <snip>

Dare we ask what Iain's favorite expression is?

Really enjoying following along - we didn't get to Bermuda this summer so it's been too long since we were on the Summit.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Great Pictures --- Thanks for sharing.   Too bad we didn't get to have a close up visit to Lady Liberty.   It looked like the harbor was really busy.

Glad you liked my "captures" from the PTZtv New York Harbor Webcam. 

It is too bad that you didn't get to have a close up visit to Lady Liberty, but it appears that you and Iain had a better view of her from your balcony than your cruise mates on the starboard side did??

• Like 1

Ok.  Back to walking.   My regular walking 🚶‍♂️ route on nice days is  Deck. 11 and 12.  I walk the track but make a detour up to Retreat Sundeck around the front of ship and back down.  Around the ship up the stairs to deck 12 Rooftop Terrace.  

8B42B4C6-1C50-4CC4-B58F-6D7EDBFB0279.thumb.jpeg.8810a6e474738db687b04945ee414c0d.jpeg

5204F2F8-F663-4560-8255-AEC89559CAA0.thumb.jpeg.822775abe3cbad38bfe83f2a2101aa2d.jpeg

83F9E76C-2883-443F-83E5-41543C69FF4B.thumb.jpeg.ce7c3671661f3e5990bd8fea87d2b552.jpeg

11CD23EE-D5E4-44B4-9103-D855103ACD88.thumb.jpeg.897bbd16b24c8557b4be82582ee52207.jpeg

05867BC3-2085-44A9-98AB-E9A11673D286.thumb.jpeg.5baea55491a3f2532a1e88f8a5c63433.jpeg

ADBF7485-F01D-4AE2-972F-629158625AB2.thumb.jpeg.1e3a334605639e3e15458c6719f01a56.jpeg

B4DEED36-5CF2-470A-93D4-7387BD7C005A.thumb.jpeg.832076ab0f96202404861ebe6e75390c.jpeg

This is one of the reasons we love the edge class - the track.  Perfect celebrity ship for us would be track from edge class, Eden edge class, pool edge class, sunset bar edge class, martini bar solstice class and sky lounge solstice class 

Looking at how we can get on the beyond soon 

"I forgot to post this on day one at 1:00 pm.  Wondering why so many problems so soon after boarding.  

Customer service line extended all the way yup to martini bar."

The reason for the big line was that they either forgot or were unable to put the AI drink package on our cards, so we had to stand in line to get stickers on our cards.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, h20cruzer said:

WOW, crazy.

As a person in that line, the reason was the drink packages were not on the sea pass cards so, after checking that one has the package, a sticker was applied to the sea pass card. When I was in line that was why everyone was there.

• Like 5

24 minutes ago, woldridge said:

As a person in that line, the reason was the drink packages were not on the sea pass cards so, after checking that one has the package, a sticker was applied to the sea pass card. When I was in line that was why everyone was there.

There has to be a better way!  I find it more than annoying when my card starts out wrong,   It would seem that the system would know not to charge drinks and internet without the sticker! 

• Like 2

Mar and Penelope were the best Retreat Concierges we have ever had.  We had three generations (my mom, me, and my son) on the Summit in June and they were BEYOND helpful!!!!  Always so friendly and bending over backwards to make our cruise as wonderful as it could be!!  Please tell them that Carolyn, Lisa, and Jake say hello!  And we miss them!

1 hour ago, woldridge said:

Bummer. Could you have used your Xpress pass for drinks until later in the evening or the next day when the crowds thinned out? That would have the BP listed. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Benthayer Gonbak said:

There has to be a better way!  I find it more than annoying when my card starts out wrong,   It would seem that the system would know not to charge drinks and internet without the sticker! 

Not an isolated  goof.  Has happened to us several times on X

We carry our paperwork with us and it gets corrected quickly. Once or twice, those without paperwork had to  "pay"  while waiting  for shoreside  confirmation to come through..Billing  nightmares for sure!

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Iain selected Pouilly Fuesse 

CA664C7F-39E0-4320-A88A-517B81E74BB3.thumb.jpeg.ac4c2a6693a3dd239a3a7c556d555e51.jpeg

Did they charge extra for the Pouilly Fuesse  ???

They give us a bottle of it as the high cruiser but never include it as part of the premium package !!!!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, hcat said:

Not an isolated  goof.  Has happened to us several times on X

We carry our paperwork with us and it gets corrected quickly. Once or twice, those without paperwork had to  "pay"  while waiting  for shoreside  confirmation to come through..Billing  nightmares for sure!

Agreed, but there still has to be a better way.  We do carry out paperwork, we’ve needed it for airlines and hotels too.  

for X the one thing that gets repeated more than a few times is they key or even swipe our credit card wrong and we get a letter that there is a problem, after a few days.  Admittedly, the last one turned out to be fraud that the credit card caught especially since they had a travel alert!  That was the first leg of 3 so we needed another credit card, which we always carry in case of loss or fraud. 

• Like 1

Wow..,all sorts of snafus. Very bad!

One  time the person who checked us in marked us as "pay by cash".  We realized late  into the cruise when we received an invoice, so luckily we got that fixed. We could not have made our on board account payment in cash! Would have delayed getting off the ship..  now we always dbl and tripl check!

On Connie, a bunch of room cards repetitvely were  taken out of the system and had to be re-issued, including ours.   It was very annoying esp needing a new card to get off at ports.  

• Like 2

12 hours ago, CrzLvr2 said:

Glad you liked my "captures" from the PTZtv New York Harbor Webcam. 

It is too bad that you didn't get to have a close up visit to Lady Liberty, but it appears that you and Iain had a better view of her from your balcony than your cruise mates on the starboard side did??

A couple years ago on a  TA, Beaches to Broadway we had an overnight in Manhattan.   On arrival the made a close pass by Lady Liberty (we were on the Helipad) what fantastic views.    The fun part was we docked within walking distance to Time Square next to USS Intrepid.  

• Like 4

12 hours ago, rsail203 said:

"I forgot to post this on day one at 1:00 pm.  Wondering why so many problems so soon after boarding.  

Customer service line extended all the way yup to martini bar."

The reason for the big line was that they either forgot or were unable to put the AI drink package on our cards, so we had to stand in line to get stickers on our cards.

Wow... that's incredible.

12 hours ago, maggieq said:

This is one of the reasons we love the edge class - the track.  Perfect celebrity ship for us would be track from edge class, Eden edge class, pool edge class, sunset bar edge class, martini bar solstice class and sky lounge solstice class 

Looking at how we can get on the beyond soon 

I have to agree that the Edge Class ships have the best track of ships at sea.    I like the incline for cardio but yesterday  I got 87 flights of stairs in. 

• Like 4