Super Mario hits 10,000 cruise posts!

He cruises a lot, we get that.  I don't get the adulation.  And, yes I've met him, about 10 years ago.   He has a job that he can take wherever he goes.   He purchased his way there, just like the rest of us have purchased our way to whatever level we're at.  

• Like 14

11 hours ago, BND said:

He cruises a lot, we get that.  I don't get the adulation.  And, yes I've met him, about 10 years ago.   He has a job that he can take wherever he goes.   He purchased his way there, just like the rest of us have purchased our way to whatever level we're at.  

Some people find it interesting. If you aren't one of them, just don't click on the thread.

The amount of negativity anytime he gets brought up just reeks of jealousy. 

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Tolkmit said:

Some people find it interesting. If you aren't one of them, just don't click on the thread.

I never said it wasn't interesting.  What I said was I don't get the "adulation".  You do know what that word means, correct?

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Tolkmit said:

Jealousy?  LOL.  DH and I can easily afford to do the same if we wanted to be gone from family as much as he's gone.  We have the time and the money to cruise a lot but we also have other commitments and interests.  What I also find interesting is complete strangers getting so upset over other's opinions.

Edited by BND
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, BND said:

I never said it wasn't interesting.  What I said was I don't get the "adulation".  You do know what that word means, correct?

I was giving you the benefit of the doubt, since literally nothing in this thread could be construed as adulation. You do know what the word means, correct?

He is someone certain people are interested in. Literally every thread about him, there are multiple negative or questioning comments about why people care. Stop expecting people to justify their interests or things they like to you. It's rude.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Billy Baltic said:

He obviously enjoys it but I’d find it a lonely existence. The only people you interact with in person are there for a week or two or else or staff. Many of the staff are nice but they’re too busy to be your ‘friends’. 

He often has a lady friend on board with him.  In fact, if you listen to the stories, that has...   well never mind.  

Prior to the shutdown I saw him on the B2B process for a couple of cruises.  He had the regular followers fawning over him so I left him alone.  He made a point of coming over and introducing himself.  Nice guy, I've got nothing bad to say about him even though I'm not one of those that makes a point of following him.  I've just happened to be on cruises he was on.

After the restart on Odyssey I saw him in the Pinnacle Lounge.  He had a regular group that he was sitting around with some nights.  It's not exactly a lonely existence from what I've observed as lots of frequent cruisers know him and on any given cruise these days there are lots of frequent cruisers he can meet up with when he feels like it.  

If anything he probably gets tired of the attention but he never shows it.  He is a very sociable person.  

• Like 11
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Tolkmit said:

I was giving you the benefit of the doubt, since literally nothing in this thread could be construed as adulation. You do know what the word means, correct?

He is someone certain people are interested in. Literally every thread about him, there are multiple negative or questioning comments about why people care. Stop expecting people to justify their interests or things they like to you. It's rude.

Where exactly did I tell or expect people to justify anything?  Why are you so invested in what people think about him?  You think having a different opinion is "rude"?  Really?

I expressed what I think.  You expressed what you think.  We can both be right in our personal opinions, unless of course you only see things one way, your way.

Edited by BND
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Billy Baltic said:

He obviously enjoys it but I’d find it a lonely existence. The only people you interact with in person are there for a week or two or else or staff. Many of the staff are nice but they’re too busy to be your ‘friends’. 

So becoming friends with the crew is not allowed?  That suck, have to tell our friends who are crew that we are not allowed to be friends. They can easily get to know people and interact with them- they are not on duty 100% of the time. 

Let alone the repeat cruiser crowd- he sees a lot of passengers many times as they repeat cruises. 

• Like 2

Just curious...if Mario has the most points, who is second? 

* Answers to my own question:

- no one knows.

- no one cares.

- he passed away during the pandemic.

- she's on another ship.

- they stopped cruising.

* Ok, I'll go get my coffee. :classic_smile:

• Like 2