lysol spray

JOHN 57

30 minutes ago, BND said:

I got it immediately lol.

I do agree though that there is no reason to spray/wipe down surfaces.  Best thing you can do is just wash your hands regularly.  We regularly cruise and stay in hotels and never wipe anything down.  We're also rarely ever sick.

I have always been a hand-washer.  Of course every bathroom visit ends with hand-washing, but I also wash them when I get home from being out shopping.  I am far from a germaphobe, but I also don't like to take chances with picking up germs that would give me an eye infection or GI distress. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, loman said:

Ok , something to think about , 

What if the pax before you used a drawer to store their dirty underwear. 

There , i said it . lol😆

And i have seen videos of people storing their shoes on the shelves , rather than the floor where they are supposed to be. 

I put my nice clean folded clothes on those shelves .

Thats why we wipe stuff down.

I dont mind if you dont though . Its ok with me. 🙂

Not a what if, It's done and I've actually seen it 

Edited by ONECRUISER
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, loman said:

There , i said it . lol😆

And i have seen videos of people storing their shoes on the shelves , rather than the floor where they are supposed to be. 

You do make good points, and I know some people who would never put their clothes into hotel drawers or shelves because of that.  Me, if it's more than a single night's stay, I totally unpack.  Again, I just don't worry about what germs I might encounter because I know my immune systems works very well.  I once tested it in Venezuela where I put my clothes in the drawers, drank the water and even ate what was probably roadkill.  I survived.  

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, loman said:

There , i said it . lol😆

We use packing cubes for shorts, swimsuits, underwear and socks and place them in the drawers so not an issue.  And hang up shirts/dresses, etc.  

• Like 4

we didn't bother until we started cruising with a kid.  Nothing ruins the vacation faster than a kid or a whole family with diarrhea.*

We now use Lysol/Clorox/generic brand wipes to wipe down all the wipe-able surfaces. 

* I personally ruined a few family vacations as a child.  🙂

Edited by Itchy&Scratchy
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ONECRUISER said:

Not a what if, It's done and I've actually seen it 

Inlaws once cruised Princess out of Los Angeles and when they got to their cabin, they found a used condom in one of the drawers!  Yep that's right.  It worked out pretty good though, they got reassigned a balcony.

Now don't remember that old cliche about carrying around a dead fly for your soup.....🤣

• Haha 4

27 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

Is the “we” you reference you and both your sons?  

forunately me and my wife did not catch covid.  Both my sons were isolated, they stayed in their rooms, until it was over.  We communicated by phone.  Left their meals at their door.

2 hours ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

we didn't bother until we started cruising with a kid.  Nothing ruins the vacation faster than a kid or a whole family with diarrhea.*

This is why I tote lysol and clorox wipes!  I have a big fear of the dreaded norovirus.  I also wash my hands everytime we come back to the cabin and rarely pass a washy washy sink or hand sanitizer station without using it onboard.  We went with a large group of friends on a camping trip once.  Noro went through the campground.  Let me tell you....it wasn't pretty! 😨  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JOHN 57 said:

both my sons, just came down with covid, and we had all thought covid was over.  It is not over.

Both my sons and one of my DIL's have had it in the last couple of months.  One DIL hasn't had it (and she's got higher risk).   Mild cases, like everyone I know who has had it in the last 6 months or so.  Even before that, every family member and friend except one had a mild case.  The one who didn't had a full recover.   

Why on earth would you think it was "over"?  It's milder and less deadly (a lot less) but it's not gone and probably never will be, like other viruses.

Edited by BND

6 hours ago, rudeney said:

I am determined to keep my immune system healthy, so I never wipe things down.  I will even eat things dropped on the floor that have been there 6 seconds.  I once ate an eclair that had been tossed in the trash.  It was still sitting on it's plate on top of everything, though.  😜

Did you run out of the room and scream "fire" afterwards?

• Haha 4

28 minutes ago, BND said:

Both my sons and one of my DIL's have had it in the last couple of months.  One DIL hasn't had it (and she's got higher risk).   Mild cases, like everyone I know who has had it in the last 6 months or so.  Even before that, every family member and friend except one had a mild case.  The one who didn't had a full recover.   

Why on earth would you think it was "over"?  It's milder and less deadly (a lot less) but it's not gone and probably never will be, like other viruses.

I agree, but the infection for now is over.

1 hour ago, ARandomTraveler said:

Did you run out of the room and scream "fire" afterwards?

You mean after he pushed his way past  everyone?  LOL

Edited by BND
  • Haha 2

I always take wipes and disinfectants with me.  Why not?  Not hurting anyone.  I don't know who was in my room before me and what their habits were.  The room stewards wipe things down with the same dirty cloth.  I don't think that's me being a germophobe since there's nothing wrong with being overly cautious in this day and age.  I used to bring a big container of Lysol wipes (pre Covid) then donate the rest of the wipes to the room steward, who was always glad to have them.  Now, I just bring a small pack of wipes and plastic bags to put the TV remote in.  I wipe down the telephone, the door handles, the shower and any place that the room steward probably doesn't have time to wipe down.  A few minutes prior to unpacking is all it takes.  No big deal.  We've never gotten sick on or after a cruise so yes, OP you can bring Lysol spray and are probably smart to do so.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JOHN 57 said:

I agree, but the infection for now is over.

Be prepared for your cruise. There will be cases on board and people will not be staying in their cabins. 

Edited by crzndeb
  • Like 1

Wife works in rehab in a nursing home. When entering our cabin for the first time I step back and let her do her thing. Every surface gets sprayed or wiped. If I don't stay out of the way I'll get hit with the spray. I usually confine myself to the balcony until the coast is clear. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

17 hours ago, JOHN 57 said:

both my sons, just came down with covid, and we had all thought covid was over.  It is not over.

Your fault for thinking it's over. This virus will not go away in our lifetime so learn to live with it

• Like 3