8/12/22 PRINCESS CRUISES REMOVES VACCINE REQUIREMENT FOR MOST VOYAGES, ELMINATES PRE-CRUISE TESTING FOR VACCINATED GUESTS

LACruiser88

1 minute ago, kkmiausa said:

Many popular home purifiers use HEPA filter technology to filter out the pollutants in the air before expelling it back into the room. These portable necklaces, however, expel particles called ions into the air that attach themselves onto contaminants, pollutants and viruses, literally removing them from the air by giving through a static charge. That’s not to say that these devices can offer 100 percent protection, but your odds are certainly better with a little extra protection — even better if you are wearing a face mask. We always wear KN95 masks with them.  Have not had covid. We have to take precautions because husband has leukemia in remission but still weakened immunity.

Whatever works for you.  Me... the mask under certain circumstances is sufficient.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, HaveDogWillTravel said:

Well it is a little better. But if I’m leaving from a US port I may not scroll down far enough to see this addition. 

Voyages Departing, Arriving or Visiting Canada 

which finally does have the correct information.  Seriously. I am befuddled at why Princess is finding this so hard. It. Just. Isn’t.  

Well here I go again, emailing my CVP and Princess management. 

/Sigh!  I liked it better when it wasn't so clear! At least then I could have probably gotten away with antigen testing 3 days before boarding cruise that ends in Canada. Now with the new guidance it's pretty clear that it's 2 days.

• Haha 1

Just now, MileHighAko said:

/Sigh!  I liked it better when it wasn't so clear! At least then I could have probably gotten away with antigen testing 3 days before boarding cruise that ends in Canada. Now with the new guidance it's pretty clear that it's 2 days.

Where is the clarification?

9 minutes ago, HaveDogWillTravel said:

Well it is a little better. But if I’m leaving from a US port I may not scroll down far enough to see this addition. 

Voyages Departing, Arriving or Visiting Canada 

which finally does have the correct information.  Seriously. I am befuddled at why Princess is finding this so hard. It. Just. Isn’t.  

Well here I go again, emailing my CVP and Princess management. 

Sorry, I am not lol at you. I love what you wrote.

If the more experienced (since post covd) passengers are having this much difficulties I can only imagine the ones that are doing their first cruise since Princess returned to the water.  There are a lot of us (me, you, plus others) out there who have been jumping through all the hoops and playing by the rules.  You, being an educator, must be having a field day trying to "edit" Princess' releases.  Maybe they need to hire more retired teachers.

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, MileHighAko said:

1622339744_CleanShot2022-08-15at18_43.56@2x.thumb.png.62e58f560c5cf9311af3b20e33f0d445.png

Thank you, I did not find it earlier under general health protocols.

We will now test on 18th and first Canadian port is 24th - does that make sense???

Edited by Tedferg
  • Haha 1

The rules are very clear any cruise involving Canada means vaccine, testing and ArriveCAN. Seems pretty simple to me. We sail on Saturday will PCR test late Wednesday afternoon and fill out ArriveCAN later that night easy peasy

3 hours ago, theporterhouse said:

My cruise leaves roundtrip the 7th from San Francisco, to Alaska and Canada. The wording is so vague and conflicting! The Princess chat representative said that we DO NOT need to test, however it seems on the ArriveCan app that you still need to have a negative test uploaded. If anyone has a clear answer from the Canadian side of things...PLEASE Let me know! Hoping for definitive clarification before we leave! Thank you!

Hi Porterhouse, 

I did look to see if someone addressed this already and I didn’t see anyone address this (forgive me if someone has already addressed this).  For your clarification one does not need to upload a current negative Covid test to Arrivecan.    If you are fully vaccinated, you upload. 1) your travel document. I.e. passport. You also upload your proof of vaccination.  That is it.  Then you fill in the information I.e. date of arrival and approx. time that you will be arriving in Canada.  Please note you can fill the information out on your desktop or laptop.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, memoak said:

The rules are very clear any cruise involving Canada means vaccine, 

On the contrary, I am taking a 10 day cruise - Princess site said 'no test' - ambiguous fine print under 16 day cruise!

4 hours ago, dog said:

And you are sure?

I don’t cruise until October 29/22, so We’ll see.

Well I don't know now.  Princess' current statement today seems to conflict with their earlier position, and the information that was in the press release, and also conflicts with https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions/covid-vaccinated-travellers-entering-canada and the ArriveCan requirements.

I should also add that there were no requirements for testing before entering Canada when were were there last month; we just had to fill out the ArriveCan app.  And, bloody Canadians 😉, they were thoughtful enough to enable a single submission for my wife and I.

Edited by SiliconCruiser

4 hours ago, suekel said:

From another site  May be an image of text that says 'They are all over the place... Keply τα LIKE 年 Author Princess Cruises Hi Liberty. Yes, after September 6th, vaccinated guests will still be required to provide a negative test on sailings that include Canada. We apologize for the confusion. Like Reply 30m Princess Cruises THANK --this this REALLY needs clarified with your passengers via email or something. In all the various message boards, FB groups, etc. people really think they do NOT need to be tested. It super, super confusina. I iust had ล Write a comment... Like Comment Home Senu News Marketplace Feeds Notifications Menu'

I note in the above screen-grab that the person is complaining to Princess that a lot of people on social media think no test is required.

Why do people think social media is the be-all of reliable information?  It is a hotbed of fake news.

Why don't people look at the official info on Princess.com?  Why don't they look up the Canada government requirements.  To hell with social media hacks.  

It does seem like some folks need a lawyer to interpret the information, however.  IDK, just venting because some people on SM just throw things out half-baked in a post and it creates a flurry of responses and such and it's like floundering around until finally some post is able to crash thru the confusion and clear the air.  Sigh.

• Like 12

10 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

people on SM just throw things out half-baked in a post and it creates a flurry of responses

It drives me crazy too. Especially when wrong information is given and then the OP or admin turns off comments!!! 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, kkmiausa said:

I see your point. Thats why it is such a risk still to cruise. Thinking more and more about cancelling.  Thank you. It wasn't so bad when they still required masking at airports and on planes but now as you said people aren't wearing masks at all.

As a headline on a recent CDC change of requirements says:

The CDC's new stance on Covid: "Good Luck!"

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, caribill said:

As a headline on a recent CDC change of requirements says:

The CDC's new stance on Covid: "Good Luck!"

I love that way of thinking. 

Let the people decide for themselves if cruising is the right thing to do in their own situation and let the rest of us enjoy ourselves.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

I note in the above screen-grab that the person is complaining to Princess that a lot of people on social media think no test is required.

Why do people think social media is the be-all of reliable information?  It is a hotbed of fake news.

Why don't people look at the official info on Princess.com?  Why don't they look up the Canada government requirements.  To hell with social media hacks.  

It does seem like some folks need a lawyer to interpret the information, however.  IDK, just venting because some people on SM just throw things out half-baked in a post and it creates a flurry of responses and such and it's like floundering around until finally some post is able to crash thru the confusion and clear the air.  Sigh.

Totally agree with you on that one!

Check the health protocols on the PCL website…after all those are the rules you will have to follow!  Eventually, they will update them!  😬 

Grrrr

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, AF-1 said:

what is arrivcan pass?  Do they hand these out on the ship when you depart for Canada?  Thanks

If your traveling to Canada via your Alaska or New England etc type cruise you need to download and fill out BEFORE boarding your ship. You should have already done this before you get to the port.  If not, they would tell you to download and fill it out, but that causes long lines and delays.

There is a link to download on the health protocols for sailings including Canada.  Or, here is the website for more info.

https://www.canada.ca/en/border-services-agency/services/arrivecan.html

Edited by PacnGoNow

18 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

If your traveling to Canada via your Alaska or New England etc type cruise you need to download and fill out BEFORE boarding your ship. You should have already done this before you get to the port.  If not, they would tell you to download and fill it out, but that causes long lines and delays.

There is a link to download on the health protocols for sailings including Canada.  Or, here is the website for more info.

https://www.canada.ca/en/border-services-agency/services/arrivecan.html

thank you for this info

9 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

Isn't this forum Social Media?

• Like 5
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, billco said:

Isn't this forum Social Media?

I think it is, but we are not as sociable! Lol

No, I think CC is quite different than FB or some of the other sites.  We are here to help each other get ready to cruise, not to throw out wild ideas and say it’s gospel.

We also have moderators, who do a very good job of watching the forums.

I think what @Steelers36is saying, correct me if I’m wrong…is that people should REALLY get there information from the Princess website or government  website, especially health protocols, instead of relying on social media.

We all try to help and interpret the information and that’s great.  But, I always feel, too people should research on the PCL website.  Also, with it constantly changing, what you read today could be different tomorrow. JMHO

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

I think it is, but we are not as sociable! Lol

No, I think CC is quite different than FB or some of the other sites.  We are here to help each other get ready to cruise, not to throw out wild ideas and say it’s gospel.

We also have moderators, who do a very good job of watching the forums.

I think what @Steelers36is saying, correct me if I’m wrong…is that people should REALLY get there information from the Princess website or government  website, especially health protocols, instead of relying on social media.

We all try to help and interpret the information and that’s great.  But, I always feel, too people should research on the PCL website.  Also, with it constantly changing, what you read today could be different tomorrow. JMHO

Well-stated.  True that any "fake news" doesn't last more than a minute or two on here with all the knowledgeable members engaged.  😉

3 hours ago, AF-1 said:

what is arrivcan pass?  Do they hand these out on the ship when you depart for Canada?  Thanks

I know that PacnGoNow already answered this but from the answer it could still have been a paper form you download and fill out.

It isn't paper, it's an App you need to load onto your smart phone and then answer its questions. Once complete you'll have a QRR code as well as an alphanumeric code you can display to whoever requests it.