Aqua class -Afternoon canapes

PMT51

• 7 months later...

OP here. Great cruise on the Edge. Loved the cabin and infinity verandah. Great shower.

No afternoon canapes and the bottle of bubbly was horrible.

Blu was okay but the view out the windows was horrible. 

For us, Aqua Class is not worth the extra cost.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Canapes were discontinued on the Beyond.  No more.

We asked about the "interesting" view from Blu.  I was told they were considering placing outdoor dining tables out there.  

2 hours ago, PMT51 said:

OP here. Great cruise on the Edge. Loved the cabin and infinity verandah. Great shower.

Well I tried the bubbly but it’s been a few years.  I considered ordering some proper champagne but I think I’ve decided to check out one of the bars instead on my May cruise.

2 hours ago, PMT51 said:

Always had the steward either trade out the bubbly for a bottle of red wine or gave it to them.

We have always enjoyed the food at Blu.  Never much worried about the view as we eat late and it is usually dark outside for dinner.

Extra cost for us was about $35pp a day. Value judgements for Aqua is personal. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, jean87510 said:

No bubbly.  Last month on Equinox.

Did you ask and were told no? Or did you not ask period? Because everything I've seen here and other places say you have to ask - it is not automatically in the cabin.

Edited by WrittenOnYourHeart
  • Thanks 1

Just now, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

Did you ask and were told no? Or did you not ask period? Because everything I've seen here and other places say you have to ask.

I did.  And we did not get them.  We got cookies and bottled water day 1.  That was it.  It wasn't a game changer like if they gave me no towels.  It was our first time in AQ but I still knew what I was supposed to have.  By day 6 I didn't care.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Was on the Equinox a few months back, Sparkling wine was in the cabin upon arrival.....which I had the steward remove as it is awful, along with the canapes. We just never cared for them, most times having been sitting in the room for quite a while. But we do enjoy BLU!

Always sail AQ

1 hour ago, jean87510 said:

No canapés.  No bubbly.  Last month on Equinox.

1 hour ago, jean87510 said:

I did.  And we did not get them.  We got cookies and bottled water day 1.  That was it.  It wasn't a game changer like if they gave me no towels.  It was our first time in AQ but I still knew what I was supposed to have.  By day 6 I didn't care.  

We were on the Equinox for all of February and the beginning of March in Aqua. We had the bubbly (in our case white wine) at the beginning of all 4 cruises and the canapes every day. Our wonderful steward asked me if I wanted to switch to fresh fruit on the third cruise as a change and at the beginning of the fourth cruise he said he noticed we didn't eat much of the fruit so would we like to switch back to the normal canapes.

Oh and we got 2 bottles of water every day until I told him to stop as we had a drink package and could easily get it at any bar.

You had a bad room steward - sorry!!!

Edited by chamima
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, chamima said:

We were on the Equinox for all of February and the beginning of March in Aqua. We had the bubbly (in our case white wine) at the beginning of all 4 cruises and the canapes every day. Our wonderful steward asked me if I wanted to switch to fresh fruit on the third cruise as a change and at the beginning of the fourth cruise he said he noticed we didn't eat much of the fruit so would we like to switch back to the normal canapes.

Oh and we got 2 bottles of water every day until I told him to stop as we had a drink package and could easily get it at any bar.

I must have. He was really good with everything else.  

4 minutes ago, jean87510 said:

I must have. He was really good with everything else.  

Sorry!!!

I like the canapes because I don't eat lunch but by 4 or 5 when we go back to the cabin to shower for dinner I'm just a little hungry and they are a perfect small snack.

• Like 2

We were on Equinox in Aqua class earlier this month and did have a bottle of bubbly in the fridge, but never opened it.

Canapés were delivered every afternoon. We did tell our cabin attendant that we wanted them.

Agree that Blu is the best part of Aqua!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chamima said:

Do you happen to remember what the white wine was?  Did you have to find ice and chill it yourself?

2 hours ago, zitsky said:

Do you happen to remember what the white wine was?  Did you have to find ice and chill it yourself?

There were actually 3 different kinds. We booked with an American Express card so got a bottle because of that at the beginning of each cruise also. (8 bottles in total - most of which we gave to the steward) I don't know which bottles were for what reason . The only one I remember was Celebrity Cellars Chardonnay Elegance. We actually drank a couple of those and they were pretty good for what I guess is an inexpensive wine.

I put the bottle in the frig - we never asked for ice and so had an empty ice bucket.