French toast

jkx

Went on Harmony last December and their French toast in Windjammer was pretty thin and chewy crusts. Has RCL updated their French toast? I’ve seen recent photos and videos showing it and looks like a thick brioche style French toast which looks way better than the old style. It is one of my favorite breakfast meals so does anyone have any input, or photos? 

I have no idea, but this seems like an area that you need to make a custom order to get what you desire. If the type available isn't to your liking, talk to one of the white coats roaming the Windjammer. (Hopefully the biggest white coat) They love to satisfy the customer.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, jkx said:

Went on Harmony last December and their French toast in Windjammer was pretty thin and chewy crusts. Has RCL updated their French toast? I’ve seen recent photos and videos showing it and looks like a thick brioche style French toast which looks way better than the old style. It is one of my favorite breakfast meals so does anyone have any input, or photos? 

No photos, but on the Freedom of the Seas in both 2016 and 2019 we had the thick style French Toast you are describing so it's not a recent update.  Maybe this was just a Harmony issue or supply chain problems? 

What we've seen is the thick is in the MDR and the thin sliced bread is in the WJ.  I find it extremely dry.  None of them taste or have the texture of bread that has actually touched any egg/milk mixture much less been dunked in it.  I quit ordering it.   It used to be much better and occasionally would be made from raisin bread.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, jkx said:

We were on Allure on Aug 14th and the French Toast in the MDR was thick as usual.  However, it didn’t come with whipped cream but with something like Cool Whip and no Maple Syrup but something like Karo.  I didn’t enjoy. 

5 hours ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

Didn't she add rum or something to the batter?

I don't eat French toast but I'd willingly get drunk on it if it was spiked.

I think she added rum. I would eat that.

15 hours ago, BND said:

What we've seen is the thick is in the MDR and the thin sliced bread is in the WJ.  I find it extremely dry.  None of them taste or have the texture of bread that has actually touched any egg/milk mixture much less been dunked in it.  I quit ordering it.   It used to be much better and occasionally would be made from raisin bread.

We like to split our breakfasts between the MDR and Windjammer, as we feel each has its own strengths:  Eggs are better from Windjammer -- always ask for them to be cooked while you wait.  Pancakes, French toast and Eggs Benedict are MDR meals. 

1 minute ago, Mum2Mercury said:

We like to split our breakfasts between the MDR and Windjammer, as we feel each has its own strengths:  Eggs are better from Windjammer -- always ask for them to be cooked while you wait.  Pancakes, French toast and Eggs Benedict are MDR meals. 

We do  ask for cook to order eggs in the WJ, when we do breakfast there.  My point was the french toast sucks.

They used the thick triangle version of French toast in the Coastal kitchen on Symphony and for the chops breakfast on Explorer recently. I asked on Symphony if I could get plain French toast (since their brioche version was super dry), but they did not seem to understand what I wanted  (or either could not produce it). I stopped trying to fix the problem and just opted for other options.

Edited by AlohaLivin