The Fleet Report and Daily for Sunday September 4th, 2022

richwmn

Today is Bring Your Manners to Work Day, Newspaper Carrier Day, and National Spice Blend Day

I would die for you. But I won't live for you.--Stephen Chbosky, The Perks of Being a Wallflower

Meal Suggestion for today - spiced chickpeas and greens frittata
Drink of the Day - Rum Runner
Wine of the Day - Joseph Drouhin 2019 Clos des Mouches Premier Cru (
Destination of the Day - Mamoudzou, Mayotte

Eurodam

At Sea Destination Juneau, Alaska eta 09/05

Koningsdam

At Sea Destination Tracy Arm Fjord, Alaska - Juneau, Alaska eta 09/05

Nieuw Amsterdam

Whittier, Alaska 01:00 - 22:00

Nieuw Statendam

At Sea Destination Baie-Comeau, Quebec Canada eta 09/05

Noordam

Vancouver, BC Canada 07:00 - 16:00

Oosterdam

Venice, Italy 07:00 - 16:00

Rotterdam

Reykjavik, Iceland 08:00 -

Westerdam

Seattle, Washington 07:00 - 16:00

Zaandam

Quebec City, Canada 07:00 - 17:00

Zuiderdam

Glacier Bay, Alaska 07:00 - 16:00

Volendam

Rotterdam Waalhaven Ukraine Relief

0904World.thumb.png.7f9476236c1d12e3ec5304f7f130dddd.png

• Like 28
  • Thanks 9

Spiced Chickpeas and Greens Frittata  A frittata is an egg-based Italian dish similar to an omelet or crustless quiche enriched with additional ingredients such as meats, cheeses, or vegetables. The word frittata is Italian and roughly translates to "fried". Think of frittata as a crustless, low-carb quiche.

A frittata can be served for breakfast, lunch or dinner.  They are very quick and easy to make.  I’m going to start with a basic recipe in case you’ve never made one before.  You do need an oven safe pan; I use a cast iron skillet.  The basic ration of ingredients is for every six eggs, use 1/4 cup heavy cream (I use half & half), 1 cup cheese, and 2 cups total of vegetables and/or meat. 

https://www.thekitchn.com/how-to-make-a-frittata-cooking-lessons-from-the-kitchn-170717

073225a69897a6022f3a9ce30b43f01e107a0858

I only found one recipe for Spiced Chickpeas & Greens Frittata.  If you don’t like the spice, leave out the curry.  https://www.punchfork.com/recipe/Spiced-Chickpeas-and-Greens-Frittata-Epicurious

Spiced Chickpeas and Greens Frittata

I know you may not like chickpeas or greens, so I want you to consider making one with ingredients you like.  This recipe contains five different variations of vegetables that could be added to a frittata:  Broccoli & Feta, Roasted Red Pepper & Spinach, Spring Veggie with Asparagus, Mixed Mushroom & Tarragon, Caprese with Cherry Tomatoes & Basil.  Of course, you could always add your favorite meat. https://www.loveandlemons.com/frittata-recipe/

How to make a Frittata

Please Bring Your Manners whatever you do today and try to use a bit of spice in your food today in honor of National Spice Blend.

Edited by 0106
  • Like 21
  • Thanks 10

Thanks for our Sunday Daily, Rich.

Manners are important everywhere.  No newspaper today on Sunday but I will celebrate my carrier who comes here 5 days per week.  Love spices and use them a lot.

Interesting quote.  Love frittatas but I will pass on the chick pea portion 😉 

@richwmnI went to check and indeed, Oosterdam is in Venice.  She wasn’t scheduled for there so something is up.

Started to try to get things done yesterday including a very expensive trip to the liquor store 😉 I was rocking and rolling (considering the knee) and stupidly took a break - then it was too dark to do what was next.  I’ll pay for that procrastination today, I think.

5974734F-8801-438B-9BB4-4BF8456D6713.thumb.jpeg.1a95444f2e2ff18dc863a95e1747a5f3.jpeg

I should have never looked and deciphered what was required to get into Spain in November.  Lots of things to remember “to do” a couple of days before the flight.  I definitely needed a glass of wine 😉

A8EB47F2-C68C-4909-B34F-A856C84C2F07.jpeg.b7dfc82018331150f632ce100ea3710d.jpeg 

Prayers for everyone on the Care list & for those that need them and 🥂 to those on the Celebratory / Shout Out list.

Have a great Sunday everyone !!!!!

EE813051-95D7-4D0C-B6B0-2202714365DF.thumb.jpeg.ae6b2f112cd984d2e7c050700491421b.jpeg

Stay safe & please don’t forget your 😷 

• Like 35
  • Haha 4

Good morning.  Thanks for the Fleet and Daily Report.

A little foggy this morning, and cooler.🙂

Manners are very important and I like spices.

Interesting quote.

The meal sounds good, thanks for the recipes.

I hope everything is okay with the Osterdam.

Prayers for everyone.

Have a wonderful day.

Stay safe.

Edited by puppycanducruise
having problems with my chromebook
  • Like 24

I posted yesterday that the launch was going to be Monday.  Wrong!  Not sure when now.

Rum Runner cocktail:

Ingredients
1 1/2 parts Cruzan® Coconut Rum
1 part DeKuyper® Blackberry Brandy
1 part Pineapple Juice
1 part Orange Juice
Splash Grenadine
Pineapple Wedge

Instructions
Serve over ice in a hurricane glass. Garnish with a pineapple wedge.

Screen Shot 2022-09-04 at 7.41.26 AM.png

• Like 16
  • Thanks 9

Good morning to all. It is cloudy right now with a possibility of rain at some point today. The executive Chef and I very much liked the frittata suggestions and will try the spinach and roasted pepper one later today. We ended up cooking on the grill last night as the weather held but ate inside so we could all be together.Thank you Tina @0106!

We have not been to the port and will salute the collection of days. Manners are so necessary everyday and in most situations.Thank you to all that contribute to the Daily.

Our teenager took “ a friend” to the movies yesterday when I told him about the three dollar tickets. I will find out later what they saw but it is the first time in two and a half years that anyone went to see a movie here.

Terry

• Like 25
  • Thanks 1

Good morning. Just a short post while I finish my morning coffee then get ready for church services.

Today has started off with a lite rain and that could continue sporadically throughout the day. Our crab boil was tasty but rather disappointing as several crabs had died before prep so we enjoyed but did not get enough. Today we are having the couple from across the street over for BBQ chicken dinner so it will be nice to catch up with them.

Don’t want to be late for church so it’s off to get ready.

I’m going to have to look up our destination of the day. Never heard of it?

Thanks for the reports, prayers for all and have a wonderful and safe day.

• Like 24

Good morning friends!  It's cloudy, about 72F and 96% humidity.  We expect rain sometime today.  What else is new?  Same old, same old.  September 4 is the incredible Dr. Pol's 80th birthday so congrats to him.  He's still working as far as I know.  Today also would have been my dear Dad's 102nd birthday.  Another incredible guy!

Thanks Rich @richwmnfor presenting the Daily and Fleet report today.  That is very interesting about the Oosterdam in Venice.  Can't wait to hear what's up there.  Bringing your manners to work (or anywhere) is a great idea.  Love the newspaper carrier day.  My two kids were carriers and I was their supervisor and supporter every day of it.  Not an easy job!  Hurray for spice blend day!  Imagine how bland life would be without spices.  The frittatas look good.  Thank you Tina @0106for your work on the menu suggestion in Debbie's place.  No thanks to the wine and drink.  Mamoudzou, Mayotte has never been presented here before as port of the day.  I haven't been there before and would enjoy seeing all your photos.  Wonder if it's a destination of the Grand Africa?

Prayers for all on our Care list and a shoutout to those on the Celebration list.  I will include the Ukrainian people.  Hoping everyone is feeling better.  I know my knee felt better yesterday but can't predict today.  Jacqui @kazuthanks for the great wine memes!  I hope you get all the chores on your list done today!  

Speaking of Celebrations, here's DD's Fall version of her celebration tree.  00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVK7rK0VluFh--oASDFdYZ9c5cYdfB3jRoL_VZILaXEufg?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1662031307

Love the color scheme.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIOnTOcclI9t1hN_BmlpNun5cYdfB3jRoL_VZILaXEufg?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1662241513

And here is Sadie wondering why her Mom isn't giving her her full attention!00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLA1cNvpxXcL1TAkLXfGp694xJ2Twu75QF_jizMkB1ZdA?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1662031307

Her reddish coat is fading to blonde like her birth mother.  Who knew?

• Like 31
  • Thanks 2

Thank you for the Sunday report, Rich.  I wonder how many ships Trieste can handle.  There are 2 other ships there now so I wonder if it's the same issue as the Oosterdam in Miami in November.  I like the three days although I'm not a lot into spices.  I find the quote a bit strange and will pass on the chickpeas.  I had never even heard of today's port but see the 2023 Grand Africa is headed there.  I have a feeling @grapau27 is at sea but see 2 logical choices for his ships so it's still a bit of a mystery.

Today’s care list:

RIP Baltimore Fire Captain Anthony Workman 9/2/22
lRIP  uvteaching’s friend Waybe 9/3/22 and strength for Karen
Marshhawk’s friend Jessee with throat cancer
Horizon Chaser 1957 needing new treaatment for arthritis
The locks at Ijmuiden(Rotterdam diverted to at least 9/18)
Cruisin Terri worsening multi-site  pain
Dfish poor experience with surgeon
From the rotation:
Tana with persistent problems although somewhat better
Cruising-along niece awaiting a kidney
HAL Sailer Sister in Law recovering from cancer surgery, poor biopsy, awaiting scans 9/13,  and making hard decisions
Status of St. Louis Sal (7/1), msmayor (5/20) and JAM37 (7/7)

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Father David on Vacation
Happy birthday to Sharon’s mom
Rowsby in Hawaii until 9/28
Tiogacruiser stepping up to cover wines  for cat shepard
Marshhawk sales success
7 days for Vict0riann (Nieuw Amsterdam 9/11 to 9/25)
Bon Voyage cat shepard (Nieuw Amsterdam  to 9/11)
0106 covering menus while Dfish hunts for forever home
Safe travels for Kochleffel headed home
 Oceansaway17 (Quantum OTS  to 9/5),  luvteaching (Eurodam to 9/10). Vax1700 (Rotterdam  to 9/11) and Gail&Marty (Rotterdam to 10/15) at sea
Staff Captain Sabine - Our first female Staff Captain and HAL’s likely first female Captain(I know this is a repeat but she’s worth it)

Roy

• Like 24
  • Thanks 9

33 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Good morning friends!  It's cloudy, about 72F and 96% humidity.  We expect rain sometime today.  What else is new?  Same old, same old.  September 4 is the incredible Dr. Pol's 80th birthday so congrats to him.  He's still working as far as I know.  Today also would have been my dear Dad's 102nd birthday.  Another incredible guy!

Thanks Rich @richwmnfor presenting the Daily and Fleet report today.  That is very interesting about the Oosterdam in Venice.  Can't wait to hear what's up there.  Bringing your manners to work (or anywhere) is a great idea.  Love the newspaper carrier day.  My two kids were carriers and I was their supervisor and supporter every day of it.  Not an easy job!  Hurray for spice blend day!  Imagine how bland life would be without spices.  The frittatas look good.  Thank you Tina @0106for your work on the menu suggestion in Debbie's place.  No thanks to the wine and drink.  Mamoudzou, Mayotte has never been presented here before as port of the day.  I haven't been there before and would enjoy seeing all your photos.  Wonder if it's a destination of the Grand Africa?

Prayers for all on our Care list and a shoutout to those on the Celebration list.  I will include the Ukrainian people.  Hoping everyone is feeling better.  I know my knee felt better yesterday but can't predict today.  Jacqui @kazuthanks for the great wine memes!  I hope you get all the chores on your list done today!  

Speaking of Celebrations, here's DD's Fall version of her celebration tree.  00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVK7rK0VluFh--oASDFdYZ9c5cYdfB3jRoL_VZILaXEufg?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1662031307

Love the color scheme.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIOnTOcclI9t1hN_BmlpNun5cYdfB3jRoL_VZILaXEufg?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1662241513

And here is Sadie wondering why her Mom isn't giving her her full attention!00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLA1cNvpxXcL1TAkLXfGp694xJ2Twu75QF_jizMkB1ZdA?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1662031307

Her reddish coat is fading to blonde like her birth mother.  Who knew?

Love Sadie photos.

• Like 11

29 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

Thank you for the Sunday report, Rich.  I wonder how many ships Trieste can handle.  There are 2 other ships there now so I wonder if it's the same issue as the Oosterdam in Miami in November.  I like the three days although I'm not a lot into spices.  I find the quote a bit strange and will pass on the chickpeas.  I had never even heard of today's port but see the 2023 Grand Africa is headed there.  I have a feeling @grapau27 is at sea but see 2 logical choices for his ships so it's still a bit of a mystery.

Today’s care list:

From the rotation:
HAL Sailer Sister in Law recovering from cancer surgery, poor biopsy, awaiting scans 9/13,  and making hard decisions

Father David on Vacation
Marshhawk sales success
 Oceansaway17 (Quantum OTS  to 9/5),  luvteaching (Eurodam to 9/10). Vax1700 (Rotterdam  to 9/11) and Gail&Marty (Rotterdam to 10/15) at sea
Staff Captain Sabine - Our first female Staff Captain and HAL’s likely first female Captain(I know this is a repeat but she’s worth it)

Roy

Thank you for today's lists Roy and for our Father David's mention on his holidays.

Having a Royal nice time.😷🤐

G.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 15
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Happy Sunday Dailyites!  

Penny called yesterday, Jesse's surgery went well (they always says that) they cut on both sides, of course the left side was the worst side, and they took out some of the back of his tongue.  He is up and talking, and Penny said the hospital said he may be released later in the day.  That was yesterday though, and since he has tubes sticking out of his neck, I did remind her that releasing him in a house that is full of cats and dogs and fur every where, might be a bit hard on him.  She had to run and hung up, and I have not heard back from her.

I met (over the phone) a bunch of fascinating people yesterday.  I was amazed at how many people during the pandemic and post pandemic had joined an online support team.  How many people added others to their prayer  list, how many people were in the know of about to lose their jobs, and how they were handling it.  The plans of how they were changing their lives.  

I bring my manners to the job, but over the years, my table manners have taken a severe hit.

When it comes to flavoring, I love some spices.  I think it is fun to spice up my life, but remember some spices dont mix well at all.  So when it comes to people, hang with the ones whose spice blends with yours.

258e77ee8f717fedaa362aa940759779.jpg

b90ec2bad53bdb31e90c2cd39158cbfb.jpg

• Like 20
  • Haha 7

Good morning everyone. Tonight we have our Labor Day bar b q at the clubhouse. The food is served outside around the pool and we eat inside . It was originally supposed to rain at 6pm when the event is scheduled but now they are saying rain not until 8pm which will save our celebration. After dinner we have a live band for entertainment.We haven’t had this annual bar b a in 2 years because of covid.

Stay safe everyone,

Carol

• Like 26

49 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

Today’s care list:

From the rotation:

Father David on Vacation
Marshhawk sales success

Roy

Roy, I'm thinking Graham and Pauline may be joining the Anthem of the Seas which is leaving for a 7 day Spain and France cruise today.  Or at least I'm imagining they are!  I could be wrong though.  I'm sure we'll find out when they get back home.🚢

8 minutes ago, marshhawk said:

Happy Sunday Dailyites!  

Penny called yesterday, Jesse's surgery went well (they always says that) they cut on both sides, of course the left side was the worst side, and they took out some of the back of his tongue.  He is up and talking, and Penny said the hospital said he may be released later in the day.  That was yesterday though, and since he has tubes sticking out of his neck, I did remind her that releasing him in a house that is full of cats and dogs and fur every where, might be a bit hard on him.  She had to run and hung up, and I have not heard back from her.

I met (over the phone) a bunch of fascinating people yesterday.  I was amazed at how many people during the pandemic and post pandemic had joined an online support team.  How many people added others to their prayer  list, how many people were in the know of about to lose their jobs, and how they were handling it.  The plans of how they were changing their lives.  

I bring my manners to the job, but over the years, my table manners have taken a severe hit.

When it comes to flavoring, I love some spices.  I think it is fun to spice up my life, but remember some spices dont mix well at all.  So when it comes to people, hang with the ones whose spice blends with yours.

258e77ee8f717fedaa362aa940759779.jpg

b90ec2bad53bdb31e90c2cd39158cbfb.jpg

Annie, I really hope your friend Jesse has a good recovery from this extensive surgery.  Throat surgery brings me back memories of my niece's DH Buddy who had throat cancer.  Not easy at all.  I hope you'll be passing along good reports about Jesse by the time you return from your cruise.  

• Like 17
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Roy, I'm thinking Graham and Pauline may be joining the Anthem of the Seas which is leaving for a 7 day Spain and France cruise today.  Or at least I'm imagining they are!  I could be wrong though.  I'm sure we'll find out when they get back home.🚢

Annie, I really hope your friend Jesse has a good recovery from this extensive surgery.  Throat surgery brings me back memories of my niece's DH Buddy who had throat cancer.  Not easy at all.  I hope you'll be passing along good reports about Jesse by the time you return from your cruise.  

Thank you Sandi😃

Sadie and your tree look amazing.

G.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Brrrr.   It is 43 degrees and 65 degrees in the cabin.   It is a beautiful day though.   Strange that there is no hint of color in the maples.  Usually there are little brushes of color but none really evident. I still had a couple of hummingbirds yesterday, a strange year.   

@StLouisCruisersthank you for the photos of DDs lovely autumn tree and her cute pup.  

A day of yard work but I think I will start consolidating things to bring home while I wait for the chill to die off. We have decided to leave a day early so we can meet with people who can open and clean the cabin before we arrive. It will be a luxury to come into a cabin with the propane refrigerator running and the flies vacuumed up. 

Thank you for the Daily Reports.  I hope to see pictures of a port I have never heard of. I would love a rum runner, the wine looks like a good one but I am guessing it is pricey.  Prayers for all on our Care list and the people of Ukraine. Have a wonderful Sunday!

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1

Good morning, thanks for the Fleet Report and Daily!  I always tried to bring my manners to work, however, others didn't always do the same.  We are thankful for our newspaper carrier - I think we're the only people on the block who still get an actual hard copy.  Spices are nice when used in proper amounts.

The sun has a weird yellowish look this morning due to smoke coming down from northern forest fires.  I hope they get some rain to help the overworked firefighters.  It's supposed to be hot, hot, HOT here today again with a predicted high of 36C (96F).  We've got all the windows open for now, but in about an hour will be shutting them to keep the house at a reasonable temperature before turning on the a/c.  

I've needed a new house key for a while, as the one I've got has pretty much been worn out, so DH and I headed over to a hardware store to have a new one cut.  They needed a particular numbered blank, which it turns out they were out of, so I had to get an expensive decorative one.  I was busy looking at other things, so told the fellow to just pick one and cut it, as long as it wasn't camouflage design, I didn't care what he chose.  O M G  did this guy know what he was doing or what?  LOL 

Key.JPG.6caa37d3199b47c70c9c1d2d2b0c73b5.JPG

I enjoy making frittatas once in a while, but with the heat, I won't be starting the oven today.  I've got chicken breasts thawing that will be crumb coated and turned into chicken fingers in the air fryer (which resides on the deck), so we'll be enjoying them along with crudites and dips in the pergola for dinner tonight.  And wine.

Prayers for everyone who is hurting, and for continued strength for the people of Ukraine, and cheers to those with happy things to celebrate.  Stay safe, everyone!

Smooth Sailing!

Gerry

• Like 24
  • Haha 6