Cape Liberty

tigerwilf

1 hour ago, tigerwilf said:

Leaving from Cape Liberty on Anthem. Does the ship sail out past the Statue of Liberty.

Yes, kind of, you can see it from the port side as you leave the port but it’s a bit away , maybe one or two miles or less, still very visible though.

73142F5A-A1AC-4020-AEAD-BA8BD20464B9.png

Edited by Motorman23
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, twangster said:

For me it was January 2019.  The Captain explained it depends on other traffic such as barges coming and going.  It's up to the Port Authority, the ship can't just decide to do it.  

YAt2oaK.jpg

FDcEvks.jpg

gXpETDJ.jpg

5SZYrCu.jpg

Ztf6Bav.jpg

KPc3JQe.jpg

Thanks for confirming I wasn't having a senior moment! 😂

Those are great pics. They are making me very impatient for my sailing out of NJ next April!

Edited by FionaMG

3 hours ago, twangster said:

For me it was January 2019.  The Captain explained it depends on other traffic such as barges coming and going.  It's up to the Port Authority, the ship can't just decide to do it.  

Capt. Ban said same to us in Jan. 2018 when we sailed past it. If your cruise does go that way, see if the North Star is running. We asked and they said if we could get 12 people, they would take it up. We got some recruits and away we went. 

Not @twangster quality shots, but you get the idea!

BDD75CAE-5373-443F-954C-5BFD17A9153B.thumb.jpeg.f3a554ce4b8a0b7f21aa335bcd87ef08.jpeg

A74C873E-EEE6-4405-AE5F-EDD369921FAE.thumb.jpeg.791e55099a00580b646141c0084aa24e.jpeg

BE3AE0FB-A93C-4A36-ACB4-D54372E6AD57.thumb.jpeg.a35023d1e7ad0f66a5d3e6d2042e43af.jpeg

F1AAE1EA-AFD7-4133-A016-9ED59B6723F8.thumb.jpeg.b072c9f0cff84fd119ee0d08e56ca5f8.jpeg

• Like 3

8 hours ago, FionaMG said:

Thanks for confirming I wasn't having a senior moment! 😂

Those are great pics. They are making me very impatient for my sailing out of NJ next April!

I must be very lucky then. I've done it at least four and maybe even five times with Capt Ban in the past four years.

• Like 1

Like you, Mets123, every cruise I have taken from Cape Liberty has included a close pass by our Lady Liberty.  Celebrity includes it as part of the itinerary. Anthem has done it as well. As has been said, you can see it from the port side balcony or out on deck. Hope you get a close view for your cruise. It’s an amazing sight.

• 3 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Travel Bear said:

2 questions...how long after set sail do we go under the V. Bridge and what are the latest departure times for leaving the ship on the return? Thank you. 

You'll sail under the bridge 20-30 mins after departure. You won't always depart on time.

Latest departure times will vary by ship/sailing, but plan to be off the ship no later than 9am (there were a few select tags that had a 9:20 departure time on our recent sailing).  Royal's AP Transfers had 8am and 9am departure times.

1 hour ago, broadwaybaby123 said:

Yes they do!  

No, they do not. Ships departing from the Manhattan Cruise Terminal pass the SOL. Royal ships departing from Cape Liberty are already past Liberty Island. Occasionally, not the norm, Royal ships may sail up toward Liberty Island. Of my 11 cruises from Bayonne only a repositioning cruise sailed by the SOL. It is more likely that Celebrity Summit, departing from Bayonne, will visit the SOL than a Royal ship.

• Like 1

On 9/22/2022 at 10:31 PM, meadowlander said:

No, they do not. Ships departing from the Manhattan Cruise Terminal pass the SOL. Royal ships departing from Cape Liberty are already past Liberty Island. Occasionally, not the norm, Royal ships may sail up toward Liberty Island. Of my 11 cruises from Bayonne only a repositioning cruise sailed by the SOL. It is more likely that Celebrity Summit, departing from Bayonne, will visit the SOL than a Royal ship.

I've cruised out of Bayonne on ships that were not repositioning cruises and were both from RC and Celebrity...we passed the Statue of Liberty every single time.  Even on Norwegian out of Manhattan, we passed her.