Checking in for B2B cruises.

Zawmor

When you have checked in for 1st leg of B2B do you have to check in again for next leg?

They will surely know you are staying on board.    I checked in for the 1st leg on the Allure 10/9 now have received an email from RCI telling me to check in for the 10/15 sailing.  Am confused.  Guess I am going to have to call them and Hold for ever!

4 minutes ago, Zawmor said:

When you have checked in for 1st leg of B2B do you have to check in again for next leg?

They will surely know you are staying on board.    I checked in for the 1st leg on the Allure 10/9 now have received an email from RCI telling me to check in for the 10/15 sailing.  Am confused.  Guess I am going to have to call them and Hold for ever!

We always check in for both cruises. There have been occasions in the past where they did not seem to know we were on a second leg. 

we were in the lounge on turnaround day a few cruises ago when guest services started calling our names because we hadn’t cleared the ship yet. The concierge had to call them and tell them that we were on a b2b and he had us.

25 minutes ago, retiredgram said:

It is best to have both check-ins to show security if you ae bringing additional wine for second cruise. Sometimes they let us keep 4 bottles, other times they take the 2 extra bottles and deliver it to our cabin the last night of first cruise.

Pack in 2 carryons and we then go through security separately.  Also have both SetSail passes. Never stopped. 

• Thanks 1

Yes, check in for each leg.   I just did my third leg for Wonder this morning.    

No worries for check in time, don't need to print set sail pass (you are given the new sea pass cards for the new leg at the B2B meeting in advance).   

And of course don't need to print luggage tags, unless you are changing cabins and want a more "professional" tag on your bags for the cabin attendant to move your bags.  Me, I just hand print a tag..if needed....but prefer to stay in same cabin if at all possible.  And usually is.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, island lady said:

Yes, check in for each leg.   I just did my third leg for Wonder this morning.    

No worries for check in time, don't need to print set sail pass (you are given the new sea pass cards for the new leg at the B2B meeting in advance).   

And of course don't need to print luggage tags, unless you are changing cabins and want a more "professional" tag on your bags for the cabin attendant to move your bags.  Me, I just hand print a tag..if needed....but prefer to stay in same cabin if at all possible.  And usually is.  

It is still several cruises away, but I didn’t think about printing out luggage tags for the second part of a B2B. I think that is a good idea. I am breaking my own rule and changing cabins on a B2B on Wonder over Christmas and New Years. Previously I always said I would only do B2Bs if I didn’t change cabins. Not the first time I have done something I said I would never do. 🙂