The Fleet Report and Daily for Thursday October 6th, 2022

richwmn

6 minutes ago, kazu said:

Thanks for our Thursday Daily, Rich.

And thank you @richwmnfor taking care of the Daily while you travel and prepare to board your BHB.  Hope you are enjoying your pre-cruise stay and travels 🤞 

Great combination of days - especially Physician Assistant Day.  Absolutely love the quote by Sparks.   I resemble that remark (oops - quote).

A very dismal grey day here.  the remnants of Ian are blessing the Atlantic Provinces with rain.  We need more rain here and in the Fiona ravaged areas like we need a hole in head 😡 Of course, that meant bringing in all the bulbs that I have out to dry.

Starting to get a bit overwhelmed with everything to be done - especially DH’s former jobs. Some days it just seems like too much.  Oh well, I will adapt eventually, I hope.

Hopefully the weather improves tomorrow so I can get the planters finished - 6 left and I have help coming tomorrow to lift them 👍 as well as prep for winter - wrapping teak tables, bringing in some of the fencing and a bunch of other DH’s former jobs I have to take on.

@seagarsmokerwhat airline are you using?  Luggage forward is available on certain air lines.  There are some restrictions with how the time of your flight, I believe. I can’t use it but check every time.  The joys of being Canadian 😉 

Too much on my plate today so pitter patter I better get at her.  Kind of glad I won’t be here for Hallowe’en.

6AA17368-0F85-4BEA-A2FF-ADF9C749BCC7.jpeg.4a183e6fc9ce7015eb5d47b22a9a6072.jpeg

Prayers for everyone on the Care list, those dealing with Ian & Fiona and  a 🥂 to those on the Celebratory / Shout Out list.

Have a great Thursday everyone !!!!

0044B296-4C86-498C-942F-BBFDDA3B5A00.jpeg.89c03f0ee00eddb83e9294bcef5c98d4.jpeg

Stay safe & well.

We are on American Airlines if that helps.

• Like 13

Finally, the sunshine has returned to Baltimore!

6A381000-12BA-45FF-A279-F7F9BEBC2C59.thumb.jpeg.6c8111c17008a745aa7e6034aa96d629.jpeg

Thanks to everyone who post on the Daily.  A special shout out to everyone who posts port pictures!

@cat shepard Whipped vodka actually tastes a bit like whipped cream, sweet with a hint of vanilla.  

@dfish Enjoy your cruise!

• Like 29
  • Thanks 2

Good morning all. Thanks Rich for taking time on your cruise to send us the information we have become addicted to. As I sit at my desk I see the changes of fall. Fog over the river in the morning, the sun coming up later, the trees gently changing from bright green to shades of green yellow and some even turning red for accents in the reflections. Fall here is so much different then in the high desert of Oregon. By now there would be frost every morning and highs of 40 but here we got down to 60 last night. I have been invited to go camping with a kayaking group. Of course at my age it means taking the travel trailer. No bed on the ground for me any more. I like a bathroom with shower and hot water and a fridge.  Come to think of it, my trailer is a lot like a cabin on a cruise ship. Prayers for everyone, and cheers for those who are celebrating.  

• Like 27

35 minutes ago, seagarsmoker said:

Question for my daily report friends. We are leaving in a month on our next cruise and the airline called this morning and canceled our return flight. We are rescheduled with another one later in the afternoon so e have a bunch (8 hours) of idle time on our hands.

My question is, does anyone know if HAL still offers the express luggage deal where we don't see the luggage until we arrive at the airport?  I hope that makes sense as I have seen it offered, however, we have never needed to look into it before.  Any help would be greatly appreciated! 

Sorry I can't answer your HAL questions but we booked a day room at a hotel for several hours in San Francisco when we got off Grand Princess after our Hawaiian cruise in December 2019 and left our luggage in our room before enjoying a day in San Francisco then a shower in our room before getting a taxi to the airport.

Graham.

• Like 16

49 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

On April 26, 2010 we were on Diamond Princess on a Bangkok to Anchorage cruise.  We were with our friends from Myrtle Beach and they only do cruise line excursions.  So on this day we docked in Shanghai at their brand new cruise pier and were met with a huge celebration because Diamond Princess was the very first ship to dock there.  There were photographers and news cameras there to take photos of us filing down the gangway to our buses.  It was a murky day but that was probably pollution in the air.  Just sayin'!!

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIdtGttO86jeU26bPqRctxY?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1616005989

Our tour that day drove us out of Shanghai so I cannot give you great photos of the city.  Just things we passed on our way to our destination.  First we stopped at the Embroidery Institute of China.  Typical scenes from our bus.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIn6VJNrQvZ9B1mOXHFm9lXUnDnu4gHHWpfyYq5WwzmNg?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1616005991

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVI70vtvwd1NkmZQaQCoCx68rnHjCyIZu59oV2we_kMG9A?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1616006000

The Institute reminded me of the embroidery studios we saw in Nha Trang, Vietnam.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJuiqVWJM83RcCtlvi3iSUT?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1616006026

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLJUNTnGN9G4yUs52bPcTh94xJ2Twu75QF_jizMkB1ZdA?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1616015415

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVICZXJLYT_k08UYvr9zWwlMldMTLfbtJ__wYVBQ_4iTow?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1616015430

From there we drove to a canal in Suzhou where we would take a canal boat ride.  The Venice of the East!00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLieLsjbPewuppeiDqeaqS7?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1616006040

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLyPlrAsHBpK5MF1sr6hl2Y?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1616006056

This ones a little crooked!00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJVBqJELaccJOY_tcvFS4pGrnHjCyIZu59oV2we_kMG9A?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1616006051

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKrGQnR0iYpGkFFk8tTtXUZVZV51t4MhjbEwRNyGscOgg?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1616015443

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVI1e_0DZcosOu6YWqNNgRwdUnDnu4gHHWpfyYq5WwzmNg?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1616006073

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKrTGjmepXgxwv-xAYjdiC-4xJ2Twu75QF_jizMkB1ZdA?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1616006092

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLhU_BqYl96s51u7E0BPJzU5cYdfB3jRoL_VZILaXEufg?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1616015459

I have a feeling these are parade floats for a festival, and they're really floating in this case.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVI5gVFbozUq31deJpnU1Mc9qCe7ffHDJpwno-pEcjtJnw?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1616006114

nearing the end of our boat ride00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIXHbvZ601CAQiEFGev27VIqCe7ffHDJpwno-pEcjtJnw?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1616006133

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVK2EbMS16HTaXp6YTSwDSMK?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1616006139

We got off the boat and visited the Humble Administrator's Garden, which originated in 1509.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLWgB3iWPLNXYGmhYJZIiFn?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1616006164

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKmt98lj0wtGLM0y6AHbo9S?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1274835919

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVI3ZwXKk5ycyW-BnGuOCSgV?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1616006203

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJXJSYJ9n2HGFA1N7oNsijj4xJ2Twu75QF_jizMkB1ZdA?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1665056101

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJF2BSq7lGIequH2CL9DFhJ?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1616006235

Next we visited the bonsai section00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJnjySq3UMf29GXbjCwwgUi?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1616006273

and the greenhouse00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKoQO-dV2OLwM0gWSosNaZpV7ntXQOewWgszVPDOQPWWw?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1616015539

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVI31vQUEsUrXqIZ8nbVOoHaVZV51t4MhjbEwRNyGscOgg?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1616015515

And this is the end of that tour.  We headed by bus back to Shanghai and our ship. I'm glad I got to see all this then because I doubt I'll be back.

I love all your photos Sandi and that is a particularly nice photo of you and your husband.

Graham.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

Bon Voyage to all the Dailyite cruisers in the next few days. Enjoy your cruises, especially the big gang leaving Quebec soon. It is very exciting.

I will salute our PA, feel badly for the hatters who went mad and think the first Day sounds like a schoolyard taunt. I like the quote and love the recipes,thanks to Debbie @dfish. Safe travels to Canada and hope the packing worked out properly!

The sun is out and it will be warmer today. We are lurching along here fairly well. I am making a favorite soup for Tana today and hope it is a hit. 
@grapau27,  Graham and Pauline , Happy Engagement Anniversary!

DH and I tried to remember our date for that and came up with August of 1986. At least both of us are having similar memory gaps….

@StLouisCruisers, Sandi, (bubble absent) thank you for the beautiful photos and commentary. It is always appreciated. 

• Like 24
  • Thanks 2

56 minutes ago, seagarsmoker said:

Question for my daily report friends. We are leaving in a month on our next cruise and the airline called this morning and canceled our return flight. We are rescheduled with another one later in the afternoon so e have a bunch (8 hours) of idle time on our hands.

My question is, does anyone know if HAL still offers the express luggage deal where we don't see the luggage until we arrive at the airport?  I hope that makes sense as I have seen it offered, however, we have never needed to look into it before.  Any help would be greatly appreciated! 

The last time we did the never see your luggage again we almost never saw our luggage again. It was out of Florida and our luggage wound up on an earlier flight than we did. When we got to the very busy airport in NYC, it was the only luggage going around and around on the carousel. We felt very lucky that no one took it.

• Like 20
  • Thanks 2

Good morning! Wine, food and drink sound good!

I think we are done our routine dr appointments for now - was able to schedule next ones for after our world cruise! So now have to get serious on preparing for that!

best wishes and happy traveling!

• Like 21

Good morning everyone. The weather here is crazy. Yesterday it was freezing and raining as we got the remnants of Ian.  Today the sun is shining and it will be 74.

I spent yesterday watching services virtually for Yom Kippur from the synagogue in NY where I was a member since I was 12 years old. Although the clergy is all new and I didn’t know any of them, it was very meaningful for me because I felt like I had returned home. Last year there were no services there because of covid.

Stay safe everyone,

Carol

• Like 29

2 minutes ago, mamaofami said:

The last time we did the never see your luggage again we almost never saw our luggage again. It was out of Florida and our luggage wound up on an earlier flight than we did. When we got to the very busy airport in NYC, it was the only luggage going around and around on the carousel. We felt very lucky that no one took it.

We use the luggage service going to the ship as well as back home.

You can look up thru Bags VIP, Luggage Direct or maketraveleasier.

If shipping home from your cruise you will get a paper in your cabin. You fill it out and take it to the front desk. The night before you depart they will deliver your boarding passes and luggage tags. Set the luggage out before midnight and poof, the bags show up at your home airport. Our fee was $25 in January. 

• Like 15
  • Thanks 2

Good morning, thanks for the Fleet Report and Daily!  We had our Come and Take It Day a couple of weeks ago and were able to get rid of some things we no longer needed.  Not sure about the mad hatter thing, but definitely appreciate Physician Assistants, as they relieve the load on physicians.

Well I woke this morning to a scraping sound - our neighbour was scraping frost from his windshield before going to work.  It went down to -7C (19F), just as was predicted, so I'm glad we went out late in the afternoon and covered the plants.  We have a huge firestick succulent that resides on the deck over the summer, and DH has decided that he (apparently it's a boy succulent according to DH) will come indoors for winter now.  He's sitting in the kitchen until DH gets up so both of us can carry him into the living room in front of the window for the next several months.  

We had a great surprise yesterday evening when our 7 year old grandson decided it was time for a video call; I expected our DDIL to come on, but apparently she was making dinner, so Logan did it on his own.  It's so sweet when he calls simply because he misses us.  We are thankful for technology every day!

I have had a couple of different biryani dishes and really enjoy them, but likely won't be making them any time soon - it's much easier to order from a restaurant.  I didn't have anything on the menu for dinner tonight, but late yesterday afternoon our neighbour (the one scraping his windshield this morning) came over with a tray of mild Italian sausages from their trip to the big box store.  I'll be putting a couple of them in the air fryer for us and hope they don't make too much of a mess spattering about, and will serve them on buns with coleslaw as a side.  And wine.

Prayers for those who are hurting, cheers to all the celebrations.  Stay safe, everyone!

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

• Like 29

3 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

We use the luggage service going to the ship as well as back home.

You can look up thru Bags VIP, Luggage Direct or maketraveleasier.

If shipping home from your cruise you will get a paper in your cabin. You fill it out and take it to the front desk. The night before you depart they will deliver your boarding passes and luggage tags. Set the luggage out before midnight and poof, the bags show up at your home airport. Our fee was $25 in January. 

Thanks, everyone for the quick help!  I found the information on maketraveleasier website. 

• Like 17

Good morning all.

St Petersburg has had a delightful weather week since Ian passed to our south. It pulled cooler dryer air down giving us highs in the low 80's and lows in the mid 60's.The condo turned the pool heater on as the water temperature fell to 78! 

Our fall cruise season is quickly approaching, sadly without a Holland America ship in Tampa again. We maybe tempted to drive or Amtrak to Ft. Lauderdale fairly soon. 

Several good cruises leaving in the next few days: The repositioning ones from Alaska, Canada and Europe to Ft Lauderdale. Heard Bill Miller, author and marine buff who narrated the Holland America origin story, will be on the Rotterdam for the 150th anniversary cruise to NYC.  I would love to see and here him. Met him many years ago aboard as a guest lecturer. 

Pic taken from Carnival Paradise returning to Tampa. 

Paradise bars are named after Ocean Liners: Queen Mary Lounge, Rotterdam, Rex, Normandie.

20221001_085846.jpg

20220930_214729.jpg

20220925_145749.jpg

20220925_114532.jpg

• Like 24
  • Thanks 3

Good morning from sunny and cool central Texas.  This morning I'll be getting my third booster, (Pfizer, all they have) and my flu shot.  This afternoon, we're heading to Waco for an appointment.

And interesting combination of days to celebrate.  I'll definitely celebrate my PA, who I saw yesterday.  

This is an explanation of Come and Take It Day I found on Google at checkiday.com.  Come and Take It Day is a day to go out and take something that you've always wanted, or to defiantly say "come and take it" to someone who wants something ...

Google offered this explanation of Mad Hatter Day:  It's National Mad Hatter Day on October 6 — and it's okay to blow milk out of your nose. Celebrate with a day-long fest of silliness made especially for those who want to wear crazy top hats while walking backwards. Make Lewis Carroll proud.

Today's quote is a good one. 

We'll pass on the meal, drink and wine.  I think our older DD may have eaten this dish when she spent a week in Hyderabad for work.  The people she was visiting took her to different places for lunch each day.

We have been to Shanghai twice, and I'll post my pictures on another post.

@richwmn  Rich, thanks for taking time to post the Fleet/Daily while your traveling.  I hope you can get the computer fixed.

@cat shepard  Ann, I loved the memes, and I almost turned into a ghost a few times folding the fitted sheets.  😄

@StLouisCruisers  Sandi, I'm sending positive thoughts for your great nephew and his wife that everything goes well with the upcoming birth.  Thanks for report on Linda, and for your pictures of Shanghai.

@lindaler  Linda, the camping trip sounds like fun.  You could just think of it as a "land cruise".

@HAL4NOW  Thanks for the fire update, even though it is not what anyone wanted to see.  Safe travels today and tomorrow, and enjoy your cruise.  I hope by the time you return home, the firs is out.

Lenda

Edited by Quartzsite Cruiser
  • Like 22
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, kazu said:

A very dismal grey day here.  the remnants of Ian are blessing the Atlantic Provinces with rain.  We need more rain here and in the Fiona ravaged areas like we need a hole in head 😡

I just looked at our weather report for the next couple weeks and there is no precipitation in sight. We could really use some; the smoke is beginning to get really thick in town when the wind dies down. The fire has grown to over 12,700 acres. Praying for the first snow soon, but temps continue to be in the high 70's and low to mid 80's. My DW and I are leaving Skykomish today to go to Whidbey Island to see her DS and DBIL for one night on our way to Vancouver. We board the Koningsdam Saturday. Maybe when we return on the 24th the fire will be smothered in a surprise snow.

• Like 26
  • Thanks 1

We have been fortunate to visit Shanghai twice.  We were there on Volendam on October 15, 2002, and on Coral Princess on October 18, 2018.  In the intervening 16 years between visits the air had improved.

In 2002, the air was very bad, and that will be obvious in the pictures.  We were supposed to sail up the Huangpu River and dock in downtown Shanghai.  Because of the tides, our arrival would have been delayed until 10-11 am.  Captain Peter Harris decided instead to dock in the industrial port and HAL provided free shuttles into the city.  It was a good way to see more of the area.

We had a band greet us upon arrival.

IMG_1351.thumb.JPG.cef629d492c1158389539ace2b1f73a2.JPG

The next photos are from 2002 and 2018 to show the difference in the air quality.  The Pearl Tower in 2002, and looking across the river to the Pearl Tower in 2018.  The other difference was all the new tall buildings in 2018.  In 2002, the Peral Tower was the tallest building in Shanghai.  In 2018, the Shanghai Tower, on the right hand side of the picture,  was the tallest.  The building with the "hole" in it was the one the ship's tours visited. 

IMG_1383.thumb.JPG.47d6f2e39be2f89af93624589d2a4e77.JPG

DSC04593.thumb.JPG.bd4336003622e6bb926754678a3bd4b3.JPG

The Shanghai skyline

DSC04587.thumb.JPG.6df899d34b9df99e9a13a38398e83e02.JPG

In 2002, we walked to an older part of Shanghai.

IMG_1367.thumb.JPG.74d6d1836ca27a06a399a6a6179b2fa3.JPG

IMG_1420.thumb.JPG.4148f77e6d95c7259e39c2289a0f1d2a.JPG

We also visited the Pearl Tower by taking a "train" under the river.  We also took the "train" in 2018.

DSC04606.thumb.JPG.2c23140a2ba70c9dec3c4ad828d41f56.JPG

Part of the light show in the tunnel

DSC04613.thumb.JPG.1dc22af38b3880e8503e831184f8a9c6.JPG

Looking up a t the tower and the lobby in the base

IMG_1394.thumb.JPG.f032fec96fafb39b39e21c2c61919eb8.JPG

IMG_1396.thumb.JPG.774a3c06c666d904f8234e4e50639702.JPG

It's time to leave for my jabs.  I'll post the rest of the pictures later.

Lenda

IMG_1396.JPG

Edited by Quartzsite Cruiser
  • Like 23
  • Thanks 6

58 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

I love all your photos Sandi and that is a particularly nice photo of you and your husband.

Graham.

Thank you Graham.  I appreciate my friends taking that photo and sending it to us.

Happy engagement anniversary today to you and Pauline!  I know our anniversary of our engagement was on Jan. 10, 1968, 8 months before our wedding.  Unfortunately my DM passed away on that same date in 2012.  That's all I can think about on that date now. 😢

53 minutes ago, smitty34877 said:

Bon Voyage to all the Dailyite cruisers in the next few days. Enjoy your cruises, especially the big gang leaving Quebec soon. It is very exciting.

I will salute our PA, feel badly for the hatters who went mad and think the first Day sounds like a schoolyard taunt. I like the quote and love the recipes,thanks to Debbie @dfish. Safe travels to Canada and hope the packing worked out properly!

The sun is out and it will be warmer today. We are lurching along here fairly well. I am making a favorite soup for Tana today and hope it is a hit. 
@grapau27,  Graham and Pauline , Happy Engagement Anniversary!

DH and I tried to remember our date for that and came up with August of 1986. At least both of us are having similar memory gaps….

@StLouisCruisers, Sandi, (bubble absent) thank you for the beautiful photos and commentary. It is always appreciated. 

Thanks for your comments Terry.  I hope everyone there is feeling tip top now, and Tana starting to have more of an appetite.  Take care!!

18 minutes ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Good morning from sunny and cool central Texas.  This morning I'll be getting my third booster, (Pfizer, all they have) and my flu shot.  This afternoon, we're heading to Waco for an appointment.

And interesting combination of days to celebrate.  I'll definitely celebrate my PA, who I saw yesterday.  

This is an explanation of Come and Take It Day I found on Google at checkiday.com.  Come and Take It Day is a day to go out and take something that you've always wanted, or to defiantly say "come and take it" to someone who wants something ...

Google offered this explanation of Mad Hatter Day:  It's National Mad Hatter Day on October 6 — and it's okay to blow milk out of your nose. Celebrate with a day-long fest of silliness made especially for those who want to wear crazy top hats while walking backwards. Make Lewis Carroll proud.

Today's quote is a good one. 

We'll pass on the meal, drink and wine.  I think our older DD may have eaten this dish when she spent a week in Hyderabad for work.  The people she was visiting took her to different places for lunch each day.

We have been to Shanghai twice, and I'll post my pictures on another post.

@richwmn  Rich, thanks for taking time to post the Fleet/Daily while your traveling.  I hope you can get the computer fixed.

@cat shepard  Ann, I loved the memes, and I almost turned into a ghost a few times folding the fitted sheets.  😄

@StLouisCruisers  Sandi, I'm sending positive thoughts for your great nephew and his wife that everything goes well with the upcoming birth.  Thanks for report on Linda, and for your pictures of Shanghai.

@lindaler  Linda, the camping trip sounds like fun.  You could just think of it as a "land cruise".

Lenda

Thank you so much Lenda.  I'm praying all will go well at the birth, and my goddaughter niece will finally be a grandma! 

16 minutes ago, HAL4NOW said:

I just looked at our weather report for the next couple weeks and there is no precipitation in sight. We could really use some; the smoke is beginning to get really thick in town when the wind dies down. The fire has grown to over 12,700 acres. Praying for the first snow soon, but temps continue to be in the high 70's and low to mid 80's. My DW and I are leaving Skykomish today to go to Whidbey Island to see her DS and DBIL for one night on our way to Vancouver. We board the Koningsdam Saturday. Maybe when we return on the 24th the fire will be smothered in a surprise snow.

I can't imagine how awful a wildfire in my area would be.  I hope you're right about that fire being extinguished by a surprise snow.  Enjoy your cruise!

Lenda @Quartzsite Cruiser thanks for posting some photos of Shanghai.  I'm very glad the air quality has improved over the years.  

• Like 16
  • Thanks 3