Is Club Class worth it ?

Shippy

2 minutes ago, JF - retired RRT said:

I had OJ in Sabatini's and didn't care for it...too bitter.

This seems to vary. When they have good, sweet oranges to squeeze you get good, sweet OJ. Sometimes the fruit is a bit bitter, so the juice is too.

Jim

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

CC mini no. 
CC with full suite. Sure. 
You can buy specialty dining every night of your cruise for less than the upcharge for CC mini. I have used CC in the past. Never again unless sailing in a full suite. Just one pax opinion. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Outerdog said:

There seems to be a hyper focus on dining and orange juice as the primary benefits for club class. For me, club class happens to come with the cabin I want: forward facing mini suites on Royal Princess. 

For us Club Class doesn't come with the cabins we want:  aft minis especially on Emerald deck of Grand Class ships and Dolphin deck of the Coral and the Island (with fully covered balconies).  On a January 2022 cruise on a 66% empty Caribbean Princess we did decide to try Club Class and enjoyed the servers and service but were not impressed with the extra dishes and did have to wait for a table on at least 2 out of 7 nights at around 7 pm.  We were also shocked that while the CC section didn't have banquettes (can't stand them), the tables were spaced no further apart than in the other sections of the dining room (and this at what became the height of Omicron).  The host apologized all over himself but we assured him that it wasn't a problem, we would get a drink in Vines (which was actually empty) while we waited.

7 hours ago, Outerdog said:

There seems to be a hyper focus on dining and orange juice as the primary benefits for club class. For me, club class happens to come with the cabin I want: forward facing mini suites on Royal Princess. 

Agree Completely.  We enjoy the forward facing corner cabins.  The CC dining is a perk for the cabin.

We were able to get one of the corner cabins on the Majestic for a b2b2b out of Sydney in Jan 2024.  The extra room was a plus for us on this 36 day trip.  We figured that if we are going that far, we might as well stay a while.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, skents said:

Agree Completely.  We enjoy the forward facing corner cabins.  The CC dining is a perk for the cabin.

We were able to get one of the corner cabins on the Majestic for a b2b2b out of Sydney in Jan 2024.  The extra room was a plus for us on this 36 day trip.  We figured that if we are going that far, we might as well stay a while.

Did you ever hit any rough waters, especially going across The Ditch to/from New Zealand, if you cruised to there as well? If so, how was the ride up in front?

15 hours ago, Outerdog said:

We got a CC mini for a great price on the "Best Sale Ever" promotion - but most of the "perks" never materialized - like the priority boarding, canapes every afternoon. The special dining was fine - sometimes they had an extra item on the menu - sometimes not. 

1 hour ago, dave_k58 said:

We got a CC mini for a great price on the "Best Sale Ever" promotion - but most of the "perks" never materialized - like the priority boarding, canapes every afternoon. The special dining was fine - sometimes they had an extra item on the menu - sometimes not. 

If you want canapés you have to order them. Your steward should provide an order form. Personally they are no big deal. The club class service, food and no wait in MDR are the big attractions 

• Like 2

IMO the food and amenities in CC isn't worth the extra $50/day.  But at $100pp for the cruise: that's a no-brainer.  We have sailed twice in full suites so CC dining was included:  The daily table side pasta appetizer was touted to be very good, but too caloric for us.  However, on the 12 day Great Britain sailing, CC had a lobster dish of some sort at least 5 times, including lunch specials.  We occassionally chose the special that is not available in the MDR.  Lunch, however, in the CC dining is fantastic. So quiet and unhurried: perfect for a sea day. The service is great, and we usually eat before 7 so there was almost never a wait.  

Just one note for those who like the Grand Class ships: on the Grand Princess and on the Caribbean there is a suite class called a Window Suite.  This is a group of 8 suites on deck 6 just off the atrium.  Because so low, there is no balcony but 2 huge windows, and there is every other suite amenity including the special breakfast.  You have to go look for it, as they don't even include it in the "suite from $xxxx" price.  The cost of these full suites is usually less than a CC mini suite, but you get so much more.  We are not sun worshippers, so no balcony was no big deal for us.  And the Britain trip was too cold anyway.  But the location just off the atrium/piazza is amazing!  Just a few steps and you are at a hidden door to the big theater, a quick run down the spiral steps to the International Cafe, etc.  And the room is amazing: 340sf with tub and separate shower, full living room area, and enough storage for a world cruise.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Is Club Class Worth It...Definite yes.

You are seated without any wait, and in most cases, the staff try to find a good table, near the window if wanted.  The specialty dish is usually a nice choice.  

Similar to Aqua Class in Celebrity. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, stevenr597 said:

Is Club Class Worth It...Definite yes.

You are seated without any wait, and in most cases, the staff try to find a good table, near the window if wanted.  The specialty dish is usually a nice choice.  

Similar to Aqua Class in Celebrity. 

Actually, there is no comparison.  Aqua Class has it’s own restaurant “Blu” which is a separate restaurant and separate kitchen and it’s own full menu.  CC is situated in the MDR, but in a designated section.  The menu is the same as the MDR, except for one added dish, which most folks say is not a big deal. 

I have had club class twice and was waitlisted for my next cruise.  Yesterday it came through and I didn't blink - upgraded!  I like to go on a cruise to be more spontaneous, lay back and not stand in lines.  I think the service is better and so is the food.  The waiters want you to be pleased and go out of their way because they see you every day and possibly multiple times.  Also, I like to be mid ship.  For us, these things are important.  For others, it may not be.  

I prefer the covered balconies on deck 8 so the location of the CC mini's is a minus to me. Since I have been sailing in full suites the last several years I have enjoyed the club class dining. The extra dish is nothing special. The no wait or short wait is a major appeal. How much is not waiting worth is individual.

• Like 2

On 10/9/2022 at 10:00 AM, Fish42 said:

I'm not exactly sure I understand your question.  Here is the club class lounge on the Royal Princess on Deck 14.  Ironically it is placed between the wedding chapel and the laundry.

image.png.2a9c77600b9b6214accfce1b7e625fb6.png

That is the lounge for suites NOT for club class

• Like 1

OP was asking is an upgrade to Club Class worth it, I assume they were already in a mini suite. I do not see the benefit of Mini Suite over balcony, so for us the step up to Club Class is more costly. On our recent cruise we were always seated straight away at our reserved time.

We were chatting to a couple that had Window Suite, that seems interesting compared to Balcony versus Club Class Mini. Suite gets the bar set up, right? Any other perks over Club Class?

Edited by Tedferg

3 hours ago, Lady Arwen said:

The menu is the same as the MDR, except for one added dish, which most folks say is not a big deal. 

Just saying here, I've had some really, really good items from that one added dish.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Tedferg said:

I do not see the benefit of Mini Suite over balcony, so for us the step up to Club Class is more costly.

I prefer the mini-suite over the balcony -- larger bathroom, larger living area.  Ridiculously small balcony in either category, for the most part, making your question about the Window Suite even more interesting.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, cruzsnooze said:

I prefer the covered balconies on deck 8 so the location of the CC mini's is a minus to me. Since I have been sailing in full suites the last several years I have enjoyed the club class dining. The extra dish is nothing special. The no wait or short wait is a major appeal. How much is not waiting worth is individual.

Same with us, would take CC if it had a covered balcony.  We do a suite if we can swing the cost, otherwise a regular mini with a covered balcony.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Mike45LC said:

I prefer the mini-suite over the balcony -- larger bathroom, larger living area.  Ridiculously small balcony in either category, for the most part, making your question about the Window Suite even more interesting.

I did not realize the bathroom was larger, that is a good point. Our cruises 9 out of 10, have been port intensive, so extra space and love seat were not important.

1 minute ago, Tedferg said:

I did not realize the bathroom was larger, that is a good point. Our cruises 9 out of 10, have been port intensive, so extra space and love seat were not important.

Bathtub instead of a hugging shower curtain!

21 hours ago, dyxiegirl said:

Just one note for those who like the Grand Class ships: on the Grand Princess and on the Caribbean there is a suite class called a Window Suite.  This is a group of 8 suites on deck 6 just off the atrium.  Because so low, there is no balcony but 2 huge windows, and there is every other suite amenity including the special breakfast.  You have to go look for it, as they don't even include it in the "suite from $xxxx" price.  The cost of these full suites is usually less than a CC mini suite, but you get so much more.  We are not sun worshippers, so no balcony was no big deal for us.  And the Britain trip was too cold anyway.  But the location just off the atrium/piazza is amazing!  Just a few steps and you are at a hidden door to the big theater, a quick run down the spiral steps to the International Cafe, etc.  And the room is amazing: 340sf with tub and separate shower, full living room area, and enough storage for a world cruise.

SHHH!! There's enough competition already, now that there are only 2 ships with Window Suites on the Fiesta deck.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mike45LC said:

Bathtub instead of a hugging shower curtain!

This was a godsend for us when we took little kids cruising.  It's hard to shower a toddler!  Of course, I don't know if toddlers would care if the cabin was CC or not.  🙂

• Haha 1