Land & Sea - Live from Barcelona & the Oosterdam Transatlantic - November 5th, 2022

kazu

Well, my bags are packed and with a bit of trepidation, I fly out to Barcelona tomorrow!  

Our cruise is a week away but I have some explorations planned outside of Barcelona to Girona & Besalu, so if people like, I will share a bit about things different in Barcelona.

At long last, after 3 years, too many cancelled cruises, ship changes ( I lost count after 6) the trip DH and I had planned has come to fruition.  Sadly, he will not be with me (except in spirit) so this will be my first solo cruise.  But I am carrying on with all the plans we had and hope you enjoy the adventures.

We have an absolutely wonderful, huge roll call for this cruise and I am delighted to be sailing with them all.  I hope some of them will join in on the LIVE thread as we visit Spain, Lisbon, Madeira & cross the Atlantic 🤞(another reason to start this LIVE thread early 😉)

E9F01AD7-46B8-4D07-A1F8-254B17D85F37.thumb.jpeg.5e66be3571e0eab415a8903f9b6e6079.jpeg

This is the first cruise for many on our roll call since B.C. (Before Covid) so we are all looking forward to being back on a Blue Hulled Beauty. 🙂

• Like 41
  • Thanks 9

3 minutes ago, 0106 said:

6F71DDA1-9AE0-487E-A4D8-E2E3F9567B81.thumb.webp.63a895660d8d8b3c01a449eb9a42e544.webp

Safe travels.

Excited to start our journey.

Thank you for your kind help with some of the roll activities and spread sheet.  It is SO appreciated.  ❤️ 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Hi Jacqui,

Best wishes as you embark on your long planned cruise!  Your DH will be with you in spirit and proud of you for doing it solo.  I hope you got the Verifly and Navigator apps to work to help you.  Mine are all working for my cruise next week.  Strangely, on the nav app the dress for each night says "Smart Casual!"  Your ports are amazing, especially Malaga and Cadiz!  Safe travels.

Karen

• Like 7

1 hour ago, kazu said:

Sadly, he will not be with me (except in spirit) so this will be my first solo cruise

I am sincerely sorry to learn that your DH has passed.  I was unaware of this.  Continuing what both of you enjoyed doing is the correct path to take.  I had a cruise booked for three months after my Mother, who loved cruising, passed.  To go or not?  That was the question that I pondered for awhile.  I sailed.  And, she sailed with me in spirit as well.  Doing so was therapeutic for me.  She has sailed with me in spirit ever since just as your DH will.  

My best wishes for a pleasant and safe journey.  

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

I knew this day would eventually arrive......after so many cancellations and ship transfers it is almost time we should have been flying to Barcelona to join you all on Oosterdam,  but perhaps another time, another ship.

Jacqui wishing you a wonderful cruise.  Have a memorable time.

Colin

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2