Land & Sea - Live from Barcelona & the Oosterdam Transatlantic - November 5th, 2022

kazu

I'm sure everyone on this cruise will have an amazing time.

I have been to all of your Spain and Portugal ports many times and never tire of seeing them again and again.

Our sincere very best wishes for Jacqui and everyone else on this cruise.

Graham and Pauline xx

• Like 7

Jacqui I'm looking forward to following along on your adventures as I have in the past. After all that you've been through this last year you certainly deserve to getaway, enjoy being pampered and to spend time with old and new friends.

Carol

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Wishing you the best of times, Jacqui!   We will all be following along to support you in this new adventure.  I'm sure Jose will proudly be watching over you, rejoicing in your strength of spirit.  

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺

Dearest Jacqui,

So happy for you on your wonderful adventures ahead!! Looking forward as always with your writings and beautiful photos! Jose is with you always and is your guiding light. Smooth Sailings. Love Barcelona!

God Bless you!

Mahalo🌺🌺
Denise☺️

image.thumb.jpeg.8f842d9da04c9e28fa7aea3428a01936.jpeg

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

Hi, Jacqui,

I am sorry to hear about your loss. I am sure he will be on the trip with you. We sailed from Barcelona in 2008 but due to a bad incident never got to see the city. I had so much planned. We did tour Cartagena. As a history buff, I found its history to be very interesting. Malaga was a nice historical visit as well. We took a tour in Funchal that included a stop at a wine shop where we had a taste of Madeira wine. I found that to be very interesting as I read a lot of naval fiction in which British naval officers are always drinking Madeira on their voyages. 

Jim

• Like 3

Bon Voyage Jacqui @kazu I will be watching especially what you will be doing in Malaga and Lisbon where we had the pleasure to be with you and Jose on tours while on the Prinsendam  . Also curious who you will be touring with on Madeira ..........

Have a wonderful time safe travels and say hello to some of our friends when on the Oosterdam .

A hug to your Teddy Bear ! 

Tony 😍

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, freestyling said:

Will be following. Hoping they offer a chefs or sommelier dinner that looks good to you! Have a fantastic time

So do I 🤞. I will definitely go if there is one and will be reporting 😉 

4 hours ago, sailingdutchy said:

Bon Voyage Jacqui @kazu I will be watching especially what you will be doing in Malaga and Lisbon where we had the pleasure to be with you and Jose on tours while on the Prinsendam  . Also curious who you will be touring with on Madeira ..........

Have a wonderful time safe travels and say hello to some of our friends when on the Oosterdam .

A hug to your Teddy Bear ! 

Tony 😍

Thanks Tony.  the bear is with me 😉 ♥️ 

Lisbon I’m using the same company I did last time as we were so happy with them.  We are going outside of Lisbon to see amazing spots - it SHOULD be amazing (I hope).

Madeira is Daniel of course.  I have all of his vans and Malaga is Laura whom you know well.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Well, I’m on the 3rd leg of my journey and up in the air to Barcelona 🙂 

The 2nd connection was a tad tight - there was originally a lot of time but between a delayed flight, closed runway, the flight left an hour late.  By the time I walked to the gate there was no time for the lounge.  (Figures, the good lounge is the International one 😉 😔)

When I went to check in yesterday for my flight - I was a tad concerned as the rule seemed contradictory to what was on the site for cremated remains.  So I decided to bite the bullet and call.

Have to say that the guy at Aeroplan gave me good advice.  Security treats ashes very seriously.  they had to go in a special bin and right in the centre of it.  Glad I called but it is a PITA having this extra bag.

travelling solo is complicated - you can’t save your seat in the lounge if you want to use the facilities as you have to lug your carry on’s with you since there is no one to watch it.

After the guy warned me on lost luggage yesterday I overdid it by packing some clothes for Barcelona in the carry on case.  On the way home, it will probably be checked -  nothing to worry about but it’s a PITA right now.  LOL.

Anyways I’m here on board.  And my sisters and BIL’s made the flight 👍 so it looks like we are set.  Next stop customs and Immigration at Barcelona - ugh. (Slow, slow, slow IME).

• Like 15
  • Thanks 6
  • Haha 1

So happy to hear your sister and BIL made the flight. 😊 

Please let us know how it goes at immigration.  Any hints to speed up the process would be appreciated.  I’m fed up with Verifly and plan on just bringing my passport and vaccination card.

Hope you can take a nap.😴 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, 0106 said:

So happy to hear your sister and BIL made the flight. 😊 

Please let us know how it goes at immigration.  Any hints to speed up the process would be appreciated.  I’m fed up with Verifly and plan on just bringing my passport and vaccination card.

Hope you can take a nap.😴 

Thanks - I’m not using Verifly either.  May do it for the ship - but I doubt there is any benefit for Barcelona - they are just plain slow.  Neighbour in front of me on the plane said it was no better than it used to be.

22 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

Have a tolerable flight.  Hopefully, having sisters and BIL with you will make things a bit easier in Barcelona.

Roy

Thanks It’s been a long day.  I left at 10 am my time and now it is 11 my time..  I knew what I was getting into though.  My sisters and BIL’s are staying at a different hotel than I.  they have a great one - but it’s not an area I like.

And I know I will need to decompress, I’m pretty sure.  It will all be good, I hope 🤞 

• Like 13