Crew Masks optional on Adventure

trenton107

7 hours ago, trenton107 said:

Crew masks are optional - and if they chose to wear them they have to be the blue RCCL ones, not KN95s starting today on Adventure sailing out of Galveston. 

We were on Ovation last month and Quantum two weeks ago, 99% of crew were maskless.  Also on Quantum the Captain was shaking hands during formal night pictures, we were told that was the first time since lock down.  Slowly getting back to normal.  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, taglovestocruise said:

We were on Ovation last month and Quantum two weeks ago, 99% of crew were maskless.  Also on Quantum the Captain was shaking hands during formal night pictures, we were told that was the first time since lock down.  Slowly getting back to normal.  

Agree. Was on Serenade and same even many of Crew handshaking. First one caught me off Guard, glad we're finally getting there that elbow bumping was just silly...

• Like 1

7 hours ago, milamber said:

All crew still wearing masks on the 14 day that ended in Galveston yesterday and a huge amount of covid on board by the end. More passengers coughing than not. Utterly impossible to stop it, masks or not

My Daughter and Grand Daughter were Coughing at end of our Cruise, both non-CV. Just time of year

• Like 2

7 hours ago, milamber said:

All crew still wearing masks on the 14 day that ended in Galveston yesterday and a huge amount of covid on board by the end. More passengers coughing than not. Utterly impossible to stop it, masks or not

How do you know it was Covid?

• Like 2

They were mandatory for all crew on the repo Adventure sailing we got off of yesterday. I picked up a nasty cold the day before disembarkation but am not testing pos for Covid or running a temp. 
I know some of the fine crew members will be happy to take them off. 

Edited by HicksRA
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, milamber said:

More likely RSV, the flu or rhinovirus at this point

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, milamber said:

Once on the elevator, there was a lady getting on and another lady in the back coughed. The lady getting on literally ran back off the elevator before the door could close. 😁

17 hours ago, mets123 said:

They were mandatory 2 weeks on their last cruise from Cape Liberty 2 weeks ago. All of a sudden, crew was instructed to wear their KN95s. Covid I guess. 

We had a crew Covid outbreak on my last cruise and that’s exactly what happened.  They went from no masks to KN95s. 

We were on 4 cruises this year and after all of them number of people in social media posted that they tested positive. I had it twice. First out of 2 cruises was all in masks, bracelets (probably the strictest cruise in 2 years). I think maybe kn95 would work, but regular mostly custom mask certainly do not.

At this point it does not matter. I just happy no more stress with precruise tests!

Edited by Tatka
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, milamber said:

Per the Princess board the Majestic Princess in Australia has 800 cases onboard now:

https://www.perthnow.com.au/travel/covid-outbreak-looms-on-majestic-princess-cruise-ship-c-8830820.amp?fbclid=IwAR2-X-BZv-uNYkf3sQ4JX4FMVFlBWedsvX2FQj_Tc15PLmhYEtlLosoDON4

image.png.f762804fa1135708b76856ff5724092d.png

image.png.d3c3e3c5cd715690cbaf38b98cfe57b3.png

https://www.nsw.gov.au/covid-19/travel/cruising-rules

RCI's Ovation shows as Tier 1

image.png.66ec563fef72d27f3e3ce30216ee60fc.png

image.png.4f07e7d514c9614b8b5961babf6ca51b.png

JMO I agree it's impossible to stop now, but I also don't think anyone is shocked by this news anymore (at least here on CC). By now most (if not all) people cruising are fully aware of the possibility and will still cruise, no matter the numbers. Sailing on 😉

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, milamber said:

Lots of pale yellow stickers on quarantined cabins. Our neighbours had it and the sticker. Were an awful lot of them once we started looking

Do they still quarantine people?! Wow...

I guess if people report.

Everyone should do what works for them at this point. I have taken six cruises since the restart. I got Covid on the one cruise I did not mask. I did not get Covid on the others. At this point in time, I will continue to mask, but I have no judgement against those who do not. I can only go with my own personal experience. I want to travel and experience life, but I don't want to get Covid again, or any of the other bugs that easily pass around on a cruise ship. Masking has proven to work FOR ME, and I'm going with that. This also includes not de-masking to eat or drink inside around others. I realize that's not going to work for most people but that's what I do. I love the sea, can't quit cruising.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Jasukkie said:

Everyone should do what works for them at this point. I have taken six cruises since the restart. I got Covid on the one cruise I did not mask. I did not get Covid on the others. At this point in time, I will continue to mask, but I have no judgement against those who do not. I can only go with my own personal experience. I want to travel and experience life, but I don't want to get Covid again, or any of the other bugs that easily pass around on a cruise ship. Masking has proven to work FOR ME, and I'm going with that. This also includes not de-masking to eat or drink inside around others. I realize that's not going to work for most people but that's what I do. I love the sea, can't quit cruising.

I'm just off of Serenade, this morning.  All staterooms are/were equipped with 2 RCL logo white face masks (not N95).  I wandered about the ship, used the elevator, ate in the Windjammer, used tenders, etc.  I always wore a mask when around other passengers.  One man, the same man, twice belittled me for wearing a mask (two days apart).  The second time I told him to shut up and mind his own business, and if the did that again I'd file a complaint against him with guest services.  Yesterday and this morning, there was a lot of coughing and when people coughed few covered their mouths, from what I observed. I witnessed few crew members wearing a mask.