The Fleet Report and Daily for Tuesday November 15th, 2022

richwmn

Today is America Recycles Day, National Bundt Day, and National Clean Out Your Fridge Day

I've never fooled anyone. I've let people fool themselves. They didn't bother to find out who and what I was. Instead they would invent a character for me. I wouldn't argue with them. They were obviously loving somebody I wasn't.--Marilyn Monroe

Meal Suggestion for today - Kale and Roasted Cauliflower Salad
Drink of the Day - Kiss Me Cocktail
Wine of the Day - Château Lafite Rothschild 2018 Pauillac Bordeaux
Destination of the Day - Broome, Western Australia, Australia

Eurodam

Cartagena, Colombia 07:00 - 13:00

Koningsdam

Mazatlan, Sinaloa, Mexico Riviera 08:00 - 17:00

Nieuw Amsterdam

Grand Turk Island, Cockburn Town, Turks and Caicos 08:00 - 16:00

Nieuw Statendam

Oranjestad Aruba, Netherlands Antilles 14:00 - 23:59

Oosterdam

At Sea Destination Miami, Florida eta 11/19

Rotterdam

Fort-de-France, Martinique 07:00 - 16:00

Volendam

At Sea Destination Fort Lauderdale, Port Everglades, Florida eta 11/19

Zaandam

Mamoudzou, Grande-Terre Island, Mayotte 08:00 - 17:00

Zuiderdam

At Sea Destination San Diego, California eta 11/17

Eastern Hemisphere

Noordam

At Sea Destination Cairns, Queensland Australia eta 11/15

Westerdam

Napier, New Zealand 07:00 - 14:00

1114World.thumb.png.7d68cb88f2465da4df70ae3c1253b3de.png

• Like 25
  • Thanks 11

Thank you for the Daily Fleet Report!  My dad used to recycle in the '70's and continued  until his death in 2013.  He was always using coffee grounds and egg shells in his garden.  I have always recycled as well.  I will pass on the meal.  The wine sounds good.  I've never been to the port. 

Edited by 4966and556
  • Like 25

Good morning.  Thanks for the Daily and Fleet Report.

Another cold morning here, the snow wants to stay.

We recycle what we can.  I like bundt cake.  I guess I should clean out the fridge.

I'll pass on the meal.  Hope the drink and wine are tasty.

I've never been to today's port, thanks in advance for the pictures.

Prayers for everyone.

Stay safe.

• Like 25

Good morning from beautiful Southwest Florida.

Good selection of days, will have to get DW to clean out the fridge today. We recycle as we have a seperate receptacle for recycled items that Waste Management picks up every Thursday.

I like bundt cake. 

Pass on the meal and libation.

Another Marilyn Monroe quote that has me scratching my head.

Off to the hand surgeon soon for an 8:30 appointment, hopefully the infection is gone and the finger is healing, it will probably take 6 months for the nail to grow back completely.

Thanks for The Daily, stay well and have a great day.

Edited by MISTER 67
  • Like 28
  • Thanks 2

Good morning all.  Thanks to all who contribute to this entertaining and wonderful thread.  What a nice group of caring cruisers!

Update on DH dental problems.  Stitches came out yesterday and he is on the mend.  There is still more work to be done but we can see the light at the end of the tunnel.  Thanks for all your good wishes and prayers.  

Looking forward to the upcoming holiday with family members coming to visit.  Going totally catered so not too much work for my sister and me.  Have a great day everyone.  Katherine 

• Like 29

Good morning from a chilly (31F) Boston.  So glad we drained the water line and winterized our roof deck last weekend.  We recycle most everything that we discard. This is a good time to clean out your fridge in preparation for Thanksgiving.  I will pass on the meal suggestion.  Prayers for everyone on our prayer list.  Cheers to everyone celebrating happy events today and to those of us who are traveling!  

• Like 25

Good afternoon.

It is raining and is currently 46°F here in North East England.

Thank you for the daily reports.

Important days.

We recycle paper, plastics metal etc in the UK and have a separate recycling bin which is emptied every 2 weeks by our city council's refuse collection department.

Interesting MM quote.

I will give today's food and drink a miss.

I hope everyone has a nice day.

Prayers 🙏 for the care list and celebrations to those sailing.

Graham.

Screenshot_20221115_114502.jpg

Screenshot_20221115_114442.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 27

6 minutes ago, Lady Hudson said:

Good morning all.  Thanks to all who contribute to this entertaining and wonderful thread.  What a nice group of caring cruisers!

Update on DH dental problems.  Stitches came out yesterday and he is on the mend.  There is still more work to be done but we can see the light at the end of the tunnel.  Thanks for all your good wishes and prayers.  

Looking forward to the upcoming holiday with family members coming to visit.  Going totally catered so not too much work for my sister and me.  Have a great day everyone.  Katherine 

Excellent news Katherine regarding your husband's oral surgery.

Best wishes always.

Graham.

• Like 12

Thanks for the fleet update and general info.

As far as clean out your fridge day, I did this last week and could not tell if one item was meat or cake 😳.

Currently selling on Celebrity Beyond. Beautiful ship and unbelievable shows! Especially singers and dancers with live band; HAL do you remember when you had this.

Yesterday saw a man wearing  a t-shirt that said on the front of it, “Adventure before Dementia”.  I said to him, “I like you shirt but I do not remember my last adventure. 😀

• Like 13
  • Haha 8

Good Evening from the Noordam. 
    Broome is a scheduled port on this itinerary and hopefully we will get there. 
we are currently headed to Papua New Guinea a d Conflict Island after some changes. Not thrilled but that’s cruising nowadays. We will be in Cairns on Sunday. 
    We all repeated our covid tests today. We are all negative. Yeah!! Waiting to hear the decision on masks. 

We were in Gladstone yesterday. Neat little port. I think the whole town came out to greet us. 

Stay safe and enjoy today

Charlene 

• Like 31

Thank you for today’s Report & Daily, Rich. Another lovely, cool morning here. Yesterday was absolutely gorgeous, so I hope today is the same. 

Roy, thank you for taking care of our lists, even while on your cruise. Just one class at the gym this morning. Then my HVAC & generator get their Winter tuneups. My generator also needs the cap covering its outside outlet replaced. Luckily my neighbor Gerry-rigged a plastic cover for it that kept it dry so he could plug his refrigerator in to it during Ian’s power outage. He did such a great job, the cover is still there - even after Nicole’s winds. 

38AAE7E8-3490-4DD1-8D50-0DAD6C864BFF.jpeg.f6cdb95f5e346c1c2d51aa91dcae29f1.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support. Cheers to all who are celebrating. Stay well everyone!

Château Lafite Rothschild 2018 Pauillac Bordeaux

Boy, the name of this wine even SOUNDS expensive! And with a LOW critic rating of 98, and accolades galore, it is expensive. Cruises are cheaper! Most online distributors offer it between $999 and $1,100. However, Vivino.com offers it for $795! A true investment, bragging rights, wine. 

WE100 Wine Enthusiast

An immensely structured wine, this is complex, concentrated and yet so contained. The wine impresses with its balance, layers of succulent black-currant fruits and effortless style. A wine for the long term, it should not be touched before 2029. Cellar Selection

RP100 Robert Parker's Wine Advocate

The 2018 Lafite Rothschild is blended of 91% Cabernet Sauvignon, 8.5% Merlot and 0.5% Petit Verdot and has 13.3% alcohol. Deep purple-black in color, it needs a fair bit of swirling to unlock intoxicating scents of blackcurrant cordial, baked plums and black cherry compote with an undercurrent of dark chocolate, licorice, cast-iron pan, cedar chest and fertile loam, plus a waft of pencil lead. The delicately crafted, medium-bodied palate is dripping with class, featuring layers of mineral-laced black fruits and exquisitely ripe, singularly Lafite tannins, finishing with epic length and depth. This simply stunning, delicately crafted expression of 2018 with its singularly evocative imprint of Lafite will require a good 7-8 years in bottle, then should continue to inspire awe over the following 40+ years.

JS99 James Suckling

Wow. The aromas are so intense and refined at the same time, offering gorgeous blackcurrant, lead-pencil and orchid character. Such purity of fruit. Sleek and finely polished with a fine cut to the tannins that provide such grace and glamor. Yet, it’s got the power and structure to age for decades. On and on. Try after 2029.

D98 Decanter

This stood out during en primeur, not just for itself but also in comparison to so many estates around it. While several properties had an unusual vintage, where their personalities were subverted by the weather conditions, Lafite just continued being Lafite, a true mark of its character and its terroir. This is still of course extremely young, keeping its cards close to its chest; the power for now is hidden, waiting, and will slowly unveil. This is going to be a beautiful Lafite in the future, a brilliant wine with bilberry, slate and pencil lead character, and a eucalyptus mint wash. Drinking Window 2028 - 2050

JD98 Jeb Dunnuck

Checking in as a blend of 91% Cabernet Sauvignon, 8.5% Merlot, and the balance Petit Verdot, the 2018 Château Lafite-Rothschild is one of those magical Lafites that offers an already up-front, complex, nuanced style yet has the class and balance to evolve for 40-50 years. As always, this wine is never about sheer power, and the 2018 offers a full-bodied, incredibly elegant and weightless style that carries textbook blackcurrant fruits, lead pencil shavings, green tobacco, cedarwood, and camphor aromas and flavors. I compared this wine to a more elegant version of the 2016 from barrel and I think that comparison still holds. Incredibly up-front and charming, and already drinkable with sweet tannins, it will unquestionably pick up more complexity and nuance over the coming 4-6 years. It should hit maturity around age 10 and evolve for 75 years or more given its perfect balance. This is a beautiful, quintessential Lafite that exudes elegance and charm.

• Like 27
  • Thanks 5

Thank you for the Tuesday report, Rich and greetings from the American Cartagena, docked next to a Star Clippers ship and USNS Comfort.  I like the days, especially National Recycling Day, and kind of liked the Monroe quote.  I have not been to Broome.  Seems like most of us will pass on the meal.  My alternative is Heart of Romaine Caesar Salad, Filet Mignon, and Key Lime Pie as served last night in Eurodam's Pinnacle Grill.

dishes14.jpg

Today’s care list:

Firefighter Andy laid to rest today
Kazu severe foot injury
Ottahand7 Brother in rehab
Mister67 hand surgeon appointment
Terri’s next door neighbor Joanne with stroke and complications
From the rotation:
Cruisin Terri leak damage
Sandi’s neighbor Linda recovering at home
Marshhawk and DH struggling with smoking
cruisin single step-son with double cancer and months of recovery before kidney removal

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Quartzite Cruiser DH feeling to start coming back (progress while painful)
Ichiban Nekko settling into new house
Sandi’s neighbor Linda well enough to receive visitors
Work about to start on Cruisin Terri’s house and great progress with insurance and contractor
5 days for Cruise Suzy, Lazey1, and HAL Lover (Rotterdam 11/20 to 11/30)
4 days for StLouisCruisers and Summer Slope (Volendam 11/19 to 12/17)
4 days for Damcruiser (Nieuw Statendam 11/19 to 1/14/23)
Norseh2o (Sirena to 11/18),   Kazu , 0106, jimgev, Heartgrove and ger_77 (Oosterdam to 11/19).  RednckBob (Beyond  to 11/20), CrazyForCats (Nieuw Amsterdam to 11/20), and me (Eurodam to 11/20) at sea
Cunnorl (Noordam to 1/2/23),  and  Horizon Chaser1957 (Zaandam 10/1 to 12/20; Zuiderdam 12/22 to 5/12) at sea

Roy

• Like 25
  • Thanks 12

Good morning!  I go to my cardiologist this afternoon.  Hopefully all is well.  I also see the pacemaker tech who can tell what has been happening for the past 6 months by putting the sensor on top of it.  Technology is great!  

Tonight we see Mannheim steamroller for our first Christmas show of the season!

Best wishes to all!

• Like 27

Good morning friends!  I've walked the treadmill and eaten breakfast so need to get busy soon with cruise preparations.  I'm glad to stay indoors today because it is cold and rainy out and might be that way all day.  Only 45F so our weather is similar to Graham's @grapau27.  Yesterday it took way too many hours getting our home and auto insurance switched over because of nit picky little things that needed changing from the quote.  So we have to cancel our previous company this morning who had gone way overboard in raising prices.  We still need to sign up with the new Medicare Advantage plan.  I think yesterday I said Supplement plan but that was an error.  At one time I had a very good Supplement plan but the price per month was getting out of hand so I switched.  I never saw a bill or statement from the doctor and that was a luxury I wish I had now!  I was in the hospital back then for two days due to a bad infection and didn't pay a cent.  The hospital sent us a statement (not a bill) and it was $17,000 for those two days!  Holy cow!  The Supplement paid it all after Medicare adjustments. 

Thanks Rich @richwmnfor the Daily and Fleet Report.  I see we have Broome, WA, Australia for our port today and it is a first time port so no link.  We were there once and it was fun but HOT!  This means no copy and paste - I will go and search for the photos from 2017, Sun Princess.

I like recycling a lot.  We have very little trash and a lot of recycling but our HOA has made it very difficult to recycle anymore.  They stopped the service and give us only trash pick up.  My refrigerator is nearly empty due to our leaving soon so it should be easy to clean it out.  If I had time that is.  I like bundt cakes but don't really make them.  The Monroe quote is typical of her.  The salad today sounds healthy but not much fun.  The wine sounded expensive and it is!  Thanks Ann @cat shepardfor always bringing us the wine descriptions.  I don't think I'd care for the drink but thank you Dixie @summer slope.   Thank you Roy @rafinmdfor the lists today.  Your dinner last night looks excellent.  Thanks also for mentions of neighbor Linda, but I think you can take her off the rotation now.  She seems to be progressing well but I will let you know if something pops up later with her.     Healing wishes for @MISTER 67's finger and @Lady Hudson's DH's mouth after his oral surgery and stitch removal.  Charlene @cunnorlyour cruise is sounding fun.  Wish I were there on a cruise, too!  Sorry I really didn't get a chance to get back to yesterday's Daily to comment and will go back there now to see what I missed.  Hoping Steve is doing well now Lenda.  

I hope everyone here has a great and productive day!

• Like 27

Kiss Me Cocktail:

Ingredients
1 part Jim Beam® Rye
1/2 part DeKuyper® Strawberry Patch Schnapps Liqueur
1 part Passion Fruit Juice
Wine, Sparkling
Lemon Peel

Instructions
Shake all but sparkling wine with ice and strain into a chilled champagne flute then top with sparkling wine. Garnish with a lemon peel, or place a strawberry on the rim.

Screenshot 2022-11-15 at 7.51.22 AM.png

• Like 14
  • Thanks 10

On Oct. 23, 2017 Sun Princess stopped at Broome in Western Australia during our circumnavigation of Australia.  It was hot!00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLjwC9v4KnKM3BTgAOOe1Xk?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513561500

It seemed like a small town to us.  Certainly there were no skyscrapers.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLeYW2IoUrys5Pon6xo7RN_?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513561530

We had noticed the Holden autos when in Australia but the government shut down that industry for some reason.  Here is a dealership back then in Broome.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKeHwvKKsJUvxpHlbwsxTMB?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513561531

We were dropped of our shuttle downtown where you saw anytime they could a shade structure was installed to help keep you cool.  Didn't help quite enough though.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKA3kLyn1PEvqvxx44WuqCS?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513561549

Ahhh!  Shopping!00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIjksxQMifoSHFjAyE7Sk8r?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513561548

A restaurant with patrons sitting outside.  I would prefer the AC inside.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIesqzSP4wr_9xiXzhApI_1?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513561559

Another restaurant.  00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKYaS9pxqpnOcom22sM7GNG?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513561560

A nice mosaic in the sidewalk00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIQXEuVyuT2TW0XghwYM7-F?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513561574

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKqyyiOQn2HyoFJh0BgpuXi?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513561574

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKKAsMogBmfOWA9RvlAKkTx?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513561585

An offroad vehicle with the exhaust extended up above the roofline of the vehicle.  We saw a lot of these.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVK5CwChPYhlwou9feOzUQxA?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513561574

A last look at the town of Broome before we took our scorched feet back to the ship for a cool lunch.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJjagHwDIXjKhyME4wv4aIT?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513561561

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVK8TMt0WhSBm3V-jaiNTdZW?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513561520

For those who miss singers and dancers on HAL, that night we had a rousing show using the troop of entertainers on Sun Princess.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIwKU0YSIR_2cOseOvFM1uA?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513561618

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIMemqMPEU9GjemtEynItgz?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513561635

Looked like fun!00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLI6taA3FV8BppiZ2LMVdoT?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513561656

Edited by StLouisCruisers
  • Like 27
  • Thanks 7

A very early good morning from central Texas.  It was 39F when I checked a few minutes ago and windy.  It was another morning when I woke up early and could not get back to sleep.  I decided to get some things out of the way before heading to Waco a little later.

Recycling is very important, and I would love to be able to recycle here and in Quartzsite.  It was possible for a few years, but recycling is no longer available in either place.  The companies handling the recycling began charging too much or would not let civilians drop off the recycling.  Bundt cakes are nice.  I have been trying to clean our the refrigerator before things got really nasty.

A very interesting quote by Marilyn Monroe.  I believe there was more to her than met the eye, but she chose to show a different side.  She was a very complicated and troubled person.

We'll pass on the meal and the drink.  I would love to try the wine, but someone else would have to buy it.

We were lucky to visit Broome in 2002 on the Asian Pacific Explorer Cruise (APEC) on Volendam.  Broome was not on the original itinerary, but was substituted for Bali after the nightclub bombing.

@Lady Hudson  Katherine, that is good news that your DH had the stitches removed yesterday and is on the mend.

@MISTER 67  I hope all goes well at the doctor visit and the infection has cleared up.

@cunnorl  Charlene, I'm glad the cruise is going well, even with itinerary changes.  I think you will enjoy Broome.

@StLouisCruisers  Sandi, except for the fluctuating BP, DH is doing well.  He is doing his best at therapy in spite of as he put it "his BP being all over the map".  It was done in his room yesterday afternoon for safety, and his BP was checked every five minutes or so.

@Cat in my lap  I love our Mannheim Steamroller Christmas album.  Enjoy the concert.

We thoroughly enjoyed our day in Broome.  Since we'd been to Bali two years before, we were not as disappointed to miss it as many others were.  We went into town and rented a car to explore the area.  Later, we stopped at the airport to see about a sightseeing flight.  All the ones booked by the ship had finished, and the pilot gave us a good price (below the ship's price if we promised to to tell).  

The airport

IMG_1743.thumb.JPG.586c263ebd85fb46b38e122ce03db639.JPG

IMG_1744.thumb.JPG.bf0f8f72b0816e360c66ef617669bc04.JPG

Broome is on a peninsula and there are many beaches

IMG_1745.thumb.JPG.856b24a6cc37c403a3f4771d63e00541.JPG

Cable Beach

IMG_1746.thumb.JPG.cbe835d7cbf422982e5f70f1ae82039a.JPG

IMG_1754.thumb.JPG.56117c2e52ae1c88f8de0dbc7f8f566d.JPG

We stopped at this restaurant on Cable Beach for a cold beer.  Cable Beach was named in honor of the telegraph cable that was laid between Broome and Java in 1889.

IMG_1767.thumb.JPG.eb65ee7fda8687460be9ea23dd1c218f.JPG

Scenes from our flight.  Some of the pictures taken out the window are not as clear as I would have liked.

IMG_1768.thumb.JPG.ad8db8f01809b9eb149a4039cfb06a60.JPG

IMG_1769.thumb.JPG.f2bf462712fea08fd9abe830219f60a5.JPG

The Volendam at the end of a very long pier

IMG_1784.thumb.JPG.af4ff7dde242d13839031ee8b33376a5.JPG

The runway

IMG_1788.thumb.JPG.32c6e9bfa2f53a700370a31a511197e5.JPG

Broome

IMG_1805.thumb.JPG.5aa9b09ec9f90f9d2f8532b22bb002a8.JPG

IMG_1806.thumb.JPG.0d2f71e2c7054e36920d0e46d3d9e6d0.JPG

IMG_1807.thumb.JPG.085e32a93d121da1ad6e704c60a92149.JPG

IMG_1809.thumb.JPG.70f149c97528dc422eb01f97c88502bd.JPG

Lenda

• Like 24
  • Thanks 9

16 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

On Oct. 23, 2017 Sun Princess stopped at Broome in Western Australia during our circumnavigation of Australia.  It was hot!00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLjwC9v4KnKM3BTgAOOe1Xk?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513561500

It seemed like a small town to us.  Certainly there were no skyscrapers.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLeYW2IoUrys5Pon6xo7RN_?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513561530

We had noticed the Holden autos when in Australia but the government shut down that industry for some reason.  Here is a dealership back then in Broome.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKeHwvKKsJUvxpHlbwsxTMB?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513561531

We were dropped of our shuttle downtown where you saw anytime they could a shade structure was installed to help keep you cool.  Didn't help quite enough though.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKA3kLyn1PEvqvxx44WuqCS?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513561549

Ahhh!  Shopping!00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIjksxQMifoSHFjAyE7Sk8r?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513561548

A restaurant with patrons sitting outside.  I would prefer the AC inside.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIesqzSP4wr_9xiXzhApI_1?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513561559

Another restaurant.  00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKYaS9pxqpnOcom22sM7GNG?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513561560

A nice mosaic in the sidewalk00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIQXEuVyuT2TW0XghwYM7-F?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513561574

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKqyyiOQn2HyoFJh0BgpuXi?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513561574

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKKAsMogBmfOWA9RvlAKkTx?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513561585

An offroad vehicle with the exhaust extended up above the roofline of the vehicle.  We saw a lot of these.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVK5CwChPYhlwou9feOzUQxA?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513561574

A last look at the town of Broome before we took our scorched feet back to the ship for a cool lunch.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJjagHwDIXjKhyME4wv4aIT?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513561561

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVK8TMt0WhSBm3V-jaiNTdZW?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513561520

For those who miss singers and dancers on HAL, that night we had a rousing show using the troop of entertainers on Sun Princess.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIwKU0YSIR_2cOseOvFM1uA?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513561618

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIMemqMPEU9GjemtEynItgz?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513561635

Looked like fun!00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLI6taA3FV8BppiZ2LMVdoT?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513561656

Thank you for your photos Sandi.

Graham 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

Thank you for the Tuesday report, Rich and greetings from the American Cartagena, docked next to a Star Clippers ship and USNS Comfort.  I like the days, especially National Recycling Day, and kind of liked the Monroe quote.  I have not been to Broome.  Seems like most of us will pass on the meal.  My alternative is Heart of Romaine Caesar Salad, Filet Mignon, and Key Lime Pie as served last night in Eurodam's Pinnacle Grill.

dishes14.jpg

Today’s care list:

Firefighter Andy laid to rest today
Kazu severe foot injury
Ottahand7 Brother in rehab
Mister67 hand surgeon appointment
Terri’s next door neighbor Joanne with stroke and complications
From the rotation:
Cruisin Terri leak damage
Sandi’s neighbor Linda recovering at home
Marshhawk and DH struggling with smoking
cruisin single step-son with double cancer and months of recovery before kidney removal

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Quartzite Cruiser DH feeling to start coming back (progress while painful)
Ichiban Nekko settling into new house
Sandi’s neighbor Linda well enough to receive visitors
Work about to start on Cruisin Terri’s house and great progress with insurance and contractor
5 days for Cruise Suzy, Lazey1, and HAL Lover (Rotterdam 11/20 to 11/30)
4 days for StLouisCruisers and Summer Slope (Volendam 11/19 to 12/17)
4 days for Damcruiser (Nieuw Statendam 11/19 to 1/14/23)
Norseh2o (Sirena to 11/18),   Kazu , 0106, jimgev, Heartgrove and ger_77 (Oosterdam to 11/19).  RednckBob (Beyond  to 11/20), CrazyForCats (Nieuw Amsterdam to 11/20), and me (Eurodam to 11/20) at sea
Cunnorl (Noordam to 1/2/23),  and  Horizon Chaser1957 (Zaandam 10/1 to 12/20; Zuiderdam 12/22 to 5/12) at sea

Roy

Thank you for today's lists Roy.

Your meal last night looks delicious.

I hope you are enjoying your cruise.

Graham.

• Like 9

Good Tuesday Morning!  Its cold and rainy, Fawn was happy on the porch, and Bubbles was in the box.  Not that Bubbles likes it, but he does allow petting while he is in the box.  Trying to un wild the wild.

Well I guess i'll be helping Pat this morning,  working "in" Ashville for 4 hours, and then become" Houston" tonight.  Chili is on the menu for tonight, so I guess some cooking is involved somewhere between todays adventures.  So off to fix breakfast and get a handle on the chili.

ginger-cat-chili-eat-discovered-not-caption-leftover-8818675712

• Like 14
  • Haha 16

42 minutes ago, Cat in my lap said:

Good morning!  I go to my cardiologist this afternoon.  Hopefully all is well.  I also see the pacemaker tech who can tell what has been happening for the past 6 months by putting the sensor on top of it.  Technology is great!  

Tonight we see Mannheim steamroller for our first Christmas show of the season!

Best wishes to all!

Good luck at your appointments this afternoon.

Take care.

Graham 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1