Quartzite Cruiser DH in rehab
Cruising-along niece awaiting a kidney
Marshhawk’s friend Jesse with throat cancer and poor attitude
Luvteaching DH recovering from fall and facing dimentia

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

A good day in rehab for Quartzite Cruiser DH
Ichiban Nekko settling into new house
Mister67 relieved of big bandage
Work about to start on Cruisin Terri’s house and great progress with insurance and contractor
4 days for Cruise Suzy, Lazey1, and HAL Lover (Rotterdam 11/20 to 11/30)
3 days for StLouisCruisers and Summer Slope (Volendam 11/19 to 12/17)
3 days for Damcruiser (Nieuw Statendam 11/19 to 1/14/23)
Norseh2o (Sirena to 11/18),   Kazu , 0106, jimgev, Heartgrove and ger_77 (Oosterdam to 11/19).  RednckBob (Beyond  to 11/20), CrazyForCats (Nieuw Amsterdam to 11/20), and me (Eurodam to 11/20) at sea
Cunnorl (Noordam to 1/2/23),  and  Horizon Chaser1957 (Zaandam 10/1 to 12/20; Zuiderdam 12/22 to 5/12) at sea

Roy

• Like 16
  • Thanks 10

11 minutes ago, lindaler said:

Good morning all. Thanks to those who contribute to make this a must read. Today I should get my luggage tags and that will help make the trip seem more real. So far I haven't opened the suitcase I packed. And since we won't know about special events until I am already on board, I will have to make do with whatever is in the suitcase. It is getting very cold here. I went out to kayak and as I set at the launch everyone else chickened out. They said it was too cold. So I came home. Prayers for everyone.

Have you experienced Mardi Gras there in Mobile, yet, Linda?  That's something else to look forward to.  Some years ago, I took a tour with DMIL.  We spent time seeing parades and taking cooking classes in New Orleans, but when actual Fat Tuesday came, they moved us along to Mobile for a more family-friendly Mardi Gras experience.  We had the most wonderful time.  We also toured a lovely home on Mobile Bay and enjoyed a delicious lunch out there.  

Every time I see your posts, it brings back fond memories of delightful Mobile.  I'm so glad you're enjoying your new home. 

• Like 17

We arrived early at the Walgreen's drive thru and paid our fee for two Covid tests.  Crazy how much you have to pay for travel testing nowadays.  Anyway, we swabbed and left and 5 minutes after we got home the results were in my email.  Negative for both!  You were correct @ottahand7!  I answered the health question on the HAL Navigator app, and made a paper copy of the test results to take along.  I should check and see if I can figure out Verifly but half the people on CC say they don't even use it anymore.  Then I need to do some folding of clothes and list checking for items I haven't gotten out yet.  Also need to get things out of the safe.  DH is in the kitchen right now counting pills for our 29 days away from home (plus some extras).  Things are moving along now.

Debbie @dfishthanks for the photo of your lovely Midland street.  Michigan is a beautiful state and there are several of us here who know that first hand.  🌲  Enjoy your new life!

• Like 25

18 minutes ago, Crazy For Cats said:

Good Afternoon from the Nieuw Amsterdam.  Thanks for the daily fleet report. @dfish thanks for the recipes I'd give them a try.  Today we are in my favorite port. 

20221116_121858.thumb.jpg.5328611cca9be64f0bb23873d58e5af4.jpg

Always a thrill sailing by El Morro and old San Juan.

• Like 13

@Quartzsite Cruiser  Yes, it is very hard to find the time for recharging the battery, caregiving for somebody bedridden is a huge responsibility, he's 100% dependent on me, in fact, it's very much like having a dependent.  I rarely get away from the house now.  Hobbies and maintaining friendships are off the table, I've tried, and it's just too difficult, about the only thing I can manage is fiddling around with my Iphone because most things can be done in little tiny pockets of time.  Thanks for taking the time to write.

@dfish Did you move to another state?  Was I reading that correctly?  If so, I hope it went well for you.  Wherever it is, the picture of the dusting of snow looks beautiful.  

@StLouisCruisers  Thanks so much for writing.  I've thought of you a couple of times because I know you've been on some cruises and unfortunately I was not in a position to follow along with your adventures, I hope they've been enjoyable and I hope even more I can return to cruising some day.  

I wanted to take some additional time and say hello to the rest of the dailies, when I posted I thought I was in yesterday's daily.  I hope you are all doing well, taking lots of trips, and having a great time!  Since I don't know when I'll be back, I'd like to wish you all Happy Holidays now!

Edited by atexsix
  • Like 20
  • Thanks 11

Good morning.  Today is my happy anniversary.  I thought it was tomorrow.  

My husband needs a button sewn onto one of his dress shirts.  I keep postponing it because I hate sewing.  Usually I make little thread flowers because I am really bad at it.   A pox on the dry cleaners for losing it and not replacing it.  😡

I had one of those nights where I woke up and couldn’t get back to sleep so I got up to watch TV.  Coincidentally, since @RedneckBob and I had a related discussion yesterday, Andy Cohen was on the Celebrity Beyond with the 5 Captains from Below Deck.  I also got to see Captain Kate whom I’ve read so much about.

@dfish, I love your street!

@StLouisCruisers, congratulations on your negative tests!  It’s always nice to remove a worry.

@atexsix, caregiving is a hard hard job.  Please don’t forget to take care of yourself too.  Perhaps there is a respite service in your area.  Don’t burn yourself out.

Finally, thanks to everyone for posting pictures, lists, and recipes.  I really enjoy them.  I also love hearing of the health progress reports.  It makes my day.

• Like 22

38 minutes ago, atexsix said:

@Quartzsite Cruiser  Yes, it is very hard to find the time for recharging the battery, caregiving for somebody bedridden is a huge responsibility, he's 100% dependent on me, in fact, it's very much like having a dependent.  I rarely get away from the house now.  Hobbies and maintaining friendships are off the table, I've tried, and it's just too difficult, about the only thing I can manage is fiddling around with my Iphone because most things can be done in little tiny pockets of time.  Thanks for taking the time to write.

@dfish Did you move to another state?  Was I reading that correctly?  If so, I hope it went well for you.  Wherever it is, the picture of the dusting of snow looks beautiful.  

@StLouisCruisers  Thanks so much for writing.  I've thought of you a couple of times because I know you've been on some cruises and unfortunately I was not in a position to follow along with your adventures, I hope they've been enjoyable and I hope even more I can return to cruising some day.  

I wanted to take some additional time and say hello to the rest of the dailies, when I posted I thought I was in yesterday's daily.  I hope you are all doing well, taking lots of trips, and having a great time!  Since I don't know when I'll be back, I'd like to wish you all Happy Holidays now!

Bruno, this is just a thought which might help both of you.  It is very likely you could get in home care for a few hours to a day or two a week.  That would give you a chance to get out or just take a break to recharge your batteries.  The last thing either of you need is for you to get to the point you can't take care of him.

Only you  an decide if this is an option.

Lenda

• Like 22

@*Miss G*you spoke too soon about removing a worry!  LOL!  I have uploaded our vaccination records to Verifly but no matter what I do on the Covid test results, I get a boo-boo!  I'm not sure if it's me or the app.  When I click on Health Review, then Submit Negative Covid-19 test results there are two choices...submitting a printed negative test result and upload a digital test certificate or a certificate from a partnered VeriFLY test provider.  HUH?  I have a screenshot of mine and DH's "certificate" or email results which they won't take.  You're supposed to be able to fill in some things and they won't highlight for me to fill them in, like first and last name, etc.  Some things allow me to fill in but not others.  I've also tried trying to send them the QR code and they don't like that either.  Now I know why some people say they spend hours messing around with VeriFLY.

Dixie @summer slopeyou've accomplished this recently.  Did you have issues too?  Anyone else able to walk me through this?

• Like 10

2 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

@*Miss G*you spoke too soon about removing a worry!  LOL!  I have uploaded our vaccination records to Verifly but no matter what I do on the Covid test results, I get a boo-boo!  I'm not sure if it's me or the app.  When I click on Health Review, then Submit Negative Covid-19 test results there are two choices...submitting a printed negative test result and upload a digital test certificate or a certificate from a partnered VeriFLY test provider.  HUH?  I have a screenshot of mine and DH's "certificate" or email results which they won't take.  You're supposed to be able to fill in some things and they won't highlight for me to fill them in, like first and last name, etc.  Some things allow me to fill in but not others.  I've also tried trying to send them the QR code and they don't like that either.  Now I know why some people say they spend hours messing around with VeriFLY.

Dixie @summer slopeyou've accomplished this recently.  Did you have issues too?  Anyone else able to walk me through this?

I’ve not had any problems but I haven’t done the test yet. Will let you know in 30 minutes. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Sandi, it is NOT you. Before my Alaska cruise my friend and I did everything together. Being more techie than she, I uploaded both of our info into VeriFLY. Hers worked fine, I could not complete mine. It was bizarre. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

This morning's PT went very well.  DH walked 166 feet, and then requested a chance to try one of the bicycles which uses his arms and legs.   He used it for eight minutes total.  He is also getting better at transferring between the bed, walker and wheelchair.  The therapists checked his BP often.  It did drop once, but not as far as yesterday.  The next time they checked it was already coming back up.  

He has four therapy sessions between 1 pm and 4 pm.  No telling what will happen with the BP then.  I will probably head back home after the first session, since he will be busy or resting between sessions.

It is really nice to see progress, however small or large, from day to day.

@dfish  Debbie, your new neighborhood looks so peaceful.

@StLouisCruisers  Sandi, great news about the negative tests.  Good luck with verifly.

@*Miss G*  HAPPY HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!

Lenda

• Like 20
  • Thanks 3

5 hours ago, dfish said:

Today's weather is perfect for today's meal.  I don't have the ingredients on hand, but I can get them easily!   Kale is one of the most nutrient dense foods on the planet.   https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/10-proven-benefits-of-kale

1550246881_Potatokalesoupwithchorizo1.thumb.jpg.a97a5d82615a45cac77e1e2abcda36f1.jpg

5 hours ago, dfish said:

1536995104_potatokalesoupwithchorizo5.jpg.3a3c6fd66af7852530d84347d088ee47.jpg

1800647696_potatokalesoupwithchorizo6.thumb.jpg.5b1cfef8ab8178c4012e62d4c899eecd.jpg

1156387642_potatokalesoupwithchorizo7.thumb.jpg.e53a2cf3af11d50cba5331868e8965d1.jpg

OH EM GEE.  All those look so good to me.  All those recipes have been sent to Mrs. XBGuy.  Thank you.

In honor of Clarinet Day, here is what many consider the greatest concerto ever written.  Not just the greatest clarinet concerto ever written.  The greatest concerto ever written.  Who am I to argue?  I know, however, that Mrs. XBGuy would disagree.

For Americans here is the opening of this piece is a great opportunity for the principal clarinetist to mess up,

• Like 14