The Fleet Report and Daily for Friday November 18th, 2022

richwmn

Today is Apple Cider Day, Mickey Mouse Day, and National Princess Day

Some women choose to follow men, and some women choose to follow their dreams. If you're wondering which way to go, remember that your career will never wake up and tell you that it doesn't love you anymore.--Lady Gaga

Meal Suggestion for today - Baked Sardines in Pepperonata
Drink of the Day - Lemon Tell You Somethin Honey
Wine of the Day - Terre Rouge 2017 Ascent Syrah (Sierra Foothills) Sierra Foothills
Destination of the Day - Kushiro, Japan

Eurodam

At Sea Destination Fort Lauderdale, Port Everglades, Florida eta 11/20

Koningsdam

At Sea Destination San Diego, California eta 11/19

Nieuw Amsterdam

At Sea Destination Half Moon Cay, Bahamas eta 11/19

Nieuw Statendam

At Sea Willemstad, Curaco eta 11/19

Oosterdam

At Sea Destination Miami, Florida eta 11/19

Rotterdam

At Sea Destination Half Moon Cay eta 11/19

Volendam

At Sea Destination Fort Lauderdale, Port Everglades, Florida eta 11/19

Zaandam

At Sea Destination Maputo, Mozambique eta 11/19

Zuiderdam

At Sea Destination Puerto Vallarta, Jalisco, Mexico Riviera eta 11/20

Eastern Hemisphere

Noordam

At Sea Destination Cairns, Australia eta 11/20

Westerdam

Auckland, New Zealand Tauranga, New Zealand 08:00 - 18:00

1118World.thumb.png.5916743868c9cbfc93ad7fb181ae795e.png

• Like 18
  • Thanks 13

Good morning.  Thanks for the Daily and Fleet Report.

A cold, snowy day here.  We've got a snow squall warning and could get up to 80cm of snow by Sunday evening.  Winter has arrived too soon! 

I'm not a fan of apple cider, many people love Mickey Mouse, I'm no longer a princess.

Good quote.

The meal sounds good, looking forward to seeing the recipe.

Hope the drink and wine are good.

I've never been to today's port.

Prayers for everyone. 

Stay safe.

• Like 19

Good morning from beautiful Southwest Florida.

Another cool morning in Punta Gorda, 54 going up to 72 this afternoon, if this keeps up we might have to move south for the winter.

Good selection of days but I'm not sure what National Princess day is about.

Not sure about Lady Gaga's quote either.

Pass on the meal and drink in fact I can't remember the last time I ate sardines.

Thanks for The Daily, everyone stay well and have a great day.

• Like 20

Lemon Me Tell You Somethin Honey Cocktail:

Ingredients
1 1/2 parts Auchentoshan® American Oak Single Malt Scotch Whisky
1/2 part Honey Syrup
1 part Lemon Juice
3 parts Wheat Beer
Lemon Peel

Instructions
Build in a tall glass or beer stein filled with ice. Stir. Garnish with lemon peel.
(Honey Syrup: 1 part honey to 1 part water, boil and cool before using).

Screenshot 2022-11-18 at 7.02.34 AM.png

• Like 15
  • Thanks 7

Thank you for the Daily Fleet Report!  I will pass on the food and drink and wine today.  I've never been to today's port.  There is snow on our grass, but not on the patio.  Cleaning lady comes this  morning. 

• Like 19

Good morning from our apartment in Hilton Head where it is 39 degrees.

The apartment is paid for by the insurance company.  It is kind of dumpy, but at least we have a place to stay and keep our things.

Thank you @richwmn Rich for the Fleet Report and the Daily.

Interesting collection of days.  i like Apple Cider.  I adore Mickey Mouse, so much so, that my DH says he’s my patron saint (LOL).  I never considered myself a princess.

Lady Gaga’s quote is interesting.  It is thought provoking.  I am all for everyone following their dreams, but when you have found the love of your life, your should follow that dream as well.  There is nothing like feeling loved and imparting that love to another.

I will pass on the meal and the drink.  We shall see about the wine, depending on whether it fits in the budget.

Never been to Japan.

Yesterday was a fruitful day.  We went to Savannah to make the selections for our Master Bath.  We were able to make selections for tiling, flooring, vanity and all the parts that go with it.  It was truly one stop shopping in a beautiful store.  The staff were so helpful and patient with us.

i am so glad that we were able to get that all accomplished and it is behind us.  I feel so swamped with the many things that seem to be coming our way these days.

When we returned to our house yesterday afternoon we found the living room furniture gone and all the bedroom furniture wrapped up,  These people work non-stop.

i have no update on my neighbor Joanne.  I did not get to see her husband yesterday.  hopefully today.

i hope everyone has a good day.

God Bless,

Terri

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1

Good morning all. We are still in Virginia with family, heading home Sunday. Have read every day but in bits and pieces and not a lot of time to post. Prayers for those that need them, bon voyage to those travelling, will celebrate later with those celebrating. Have a great day all.

• Like 19

Thank you for today’s Report & Daily, Rich! It was even a bit nippier here than yesterday.But the sun is out, and I am not worried about dealing with multiple feet of snow!😎

Roy, thank you for all the pictures of your visit to the Panama Canal. And keeping up with our lists!  @StLouisCruisers, Sandi I hope you & Dennis don’t encounter any issues on the road today. That is quite a drive.  @summer slope Dixie, I know you will have a much easier drive, but I hope you don’t encounter any problems. 

I tried a new workout last evening and it was a good one. I was pleased that I could do most things. And visiting with Hailey, our instructor’s very personable Dalmatian was just a treat! Gym, chores, Bindi walks. Possibly heading out with friends - if I make it through enough of my prep list. 

I know my HOA would NOT approve this….

17DEEF42-9DF5-4612-8003-F131571C7C30.jpeg.b7df931ceac13d5e365436508b66a561.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support. Cheers to all who are celebrating! Stay well everyone!

Terre Rouge 2017 Ascent Syrah (Sierra Foothills) Sierra Foothills

This wine is a bit elusive, and all released vintages share similar excellent - superb ratings. This one is a bit pricey. Several online distributors offer it with prices starting at $59.00.

98 Wine Enthusiast 

This explosively flavorful, ageworthy wine combines complexity, power and finesse in a compelling way. Intricate, spicy aromas of graphite, minerals, black pepper and white pepper lead to a superbly balanced palate of just-ripe blackberry, rhubarb and woodsmoke without overdoing any one element. Great balance and layering are its hallmarks. Best from 2026–2040.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 4

Good Morning from the Nieuw Amsterdam.  Thanks for the daily fleet report.  I'll pass on today's meal suggestion,  I'm sure anything on the lido will be better.   If like apple cider but haven't had any this season.  Today is a sea day and I'm meeting with the future cruise person at 10.  Planning on booking two Zaandam cruises.

20221118_084857.thumb.jpg.33ad1f91031cb7854eaa862cbe62839f.jpg

We are being stalked by another ship which I suspect is the Rotterdam.  Its way in the distance.20221118_084830.thumb.jpg.231dbca6460b2961d1b9371be2cdc987.jpg

• Like 25

26 minutes ago, summer slope said:

Leaving at noon to drive down to the hotel. We are leaving from terminal 4. Never used that one. 

Drive safely, I think you told me once you live in Spring Lake so you'll probably take 98 through Okeechobee and over to 95.

Pier 4 is right next to the Princess pier and is just a very short walk from the parking garage. Enjoy your cruise.

Edited by MISTER 67
  • Like 19

Good afternoon.

Thank you for today's daily reports.

We have been to WDW Orlando and Disneyland Paris many times to see Mickey and his friends.

Pauline is known as Princess Paw.

Prayers for everyone on the care list.

A big shout out for everyone cruising.

Take care and stay safe.

Graham.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

Good morning, everyone!  

It is cold!  It is 27 F right now with a high of 33 expected.  I don't think I'll be walking outside today.  

Today's meal is quite interesting.  I know I'd like the peperonata part.  I generally like sardines, so I'd give this a try.   Peperonata is a side dish from southern Italy that features sweet summer bell peppers cooked down in plenty of olive oil until they're meltingly soft. https://www.seriouseats.com/peperonata-bell-pepper-italian-recipe

1575748377_peperonata1.thumb.jpg.37709b2704b72d783b9f7fef0960a4e5.jpg

Those peppers could go with just about anything!   

For the sardine part, look for sardines that are on the bigger side.  What you buy in the tins in the grocery store are a bit too small.  https://www.copymethat.com/r/MiFUPgfbA/baked-sardines-peperonata/

2001440885_bakedsardines1.jpg.a44b43ed83c1b92d7d0465a2f3426f22.jpg

A serving suggestion is this one served on toast.  https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/sardines-peperonata-wholemeal-toast

1919507149_bakedsardines2.jpg.ef4aac30a335008cd59f6f57758b42cc.jpg

I can taste the peppers now!    Wishing everyone a wonderful day.  For those traveling, please be safe.  

• Like 17
  • Thanks 10

Good Friday Morning!  I do like the quote.  Your career and dream will never say it doesn't love you any more., now a job, will.  Today is my last day in Asheville(virtually) and tomorrow I'm in Houston, again via the phone not there in person.  I guess I add NYC next week.   I travel daily without suitcase, I only have to pack a good attitude, and sometimes that is tough to pack.

I love Disney, except I am not a big fan of the Actual Mouse.  I love apple cider (another good reason to stop at Cracker Barrell)  Never thought of myself as a Princess, in hind sight I was a bit of a diva, but I got over that, now I'm a Queen-Ager.  LOL.  I did work in the box office, with a young woman who always wore a tiara.  When people at the window asked her about it, she looked at them, completely serious and said she was a princess.  One year I pulled her name for Secret Santa, and I bought her a new tiara.  That was easy!

Last night was sort of an old boss reunion....I contacted my "hiring" boss about that "new " contract.  He said he realized that it looked weird, but I was actually starting at a base pay, but promised  up to 14 an hour, I am hoping that this works, as my hours got seriously cut.  Then my boss from last November, December and April texted me to tell me that she was in the process of moving from Houston where she lived with her mom, and moving to Louisiana.  With her mom, they are trying to buy a house next door to her niece (who is a nurse) so that if Mom takes a turn for the worse, then at least she has her own nurse.  I get it.  Move closer to family, family takes care of family...(unless it was my family).

49440fd92a4de89ff80ee069ee466ea1.jpg

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Good morning from a chilly start in Central VA (22F, now a balmy 31F, heading to 47F) with lots of bright sunshine. Having spent my first 30-some years in Ottawa, ON, I look at the snow news for Buffalo and shudder. That’s a tough start to winter.

Off to The Big City (Charlottesville) for a routine medical appointment, preceded by visits to Costco, Trader Joe’s, & Whole Foods to prepare for tomorrow’s dinner. A pick up at Lowe’s on the route back. Whee.

Wishing you all a great day and special thanks to all the contributors to this thread. It is such a welcoming place.

-Cat

• Like 19

Thank you for the Friday report, Rich, from a stormy Caribbean.  I like Apple Cider but haven't had it recently, and will pass on Mickey Mouse and Princess days  Kushiro was  actually my first port on my Grand Asia segment after missing Dutch Harbor due to storms so it was my first land after many sea days.  I think I like the Lady Gaga quote but will pass on the Sardines.  My alternative is Classic Caesar Salad, Roasted Lamb Shoulder, and Vanilla Ice Cream as served on MS Amsterdam November 17, 2022:

dishes17.jpg

Today’s care list:

Medical emergency on Oosterdam
Kazu severe foot injury
Ottahand7 Brother in rehab
Terri’s next door neighbor Joanne with stroke and complications
Jazzyv digestive issues
Cruisin Terri continuing autoimmune flareup
From the rotation:
cruisin single step-son with double cancer and months of recovery before kidney removal
Quartzite Cruiser DH in rehab
Cruising-along niece awaiting a kidney
Marshhawk’s friend Jesse with throat cancer and poor attitude

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Alianchief in California
Work about to start on Cruisin Terri’s house and great progress with insurance and contractor
2 days for Cruise Suzy, Lazey1, and HAL Lover (Rotterdam 11/20 to 11/30)
1 days for StLouisCruisers and Summer Slope (Volendam 11/19 to 12/17)
1 days for Damcruiser (Nieuw Statendam 11/19 to 1/14/23)
Norseh2o (Sirena to 11/18),   Kazu , 0106, jimgev, Heartgrove and ger_77 (Oosterdam to 11/19).  RednckBob (Beyond  to 11/20), CrazyForCats (Nieuw Amsterdam to 11/20), and me (Eurodam to 11/20) at sea
Cunnorl (Noordam to 1/2/23),  and  Horizon Chaser1957 (Zaandam 10/1 to 12/20; Zuiderdam 12/22 to 5/12) at sea

Roy

• Like 16
  • Thanks 10

1 hour ago, Crazy For Cats said:

Good Morning from the Nieuw Amsterdam.  Thanks for the daily fleet report.  I'll pass on today's meal suggestion,  I'm sure anything on the lido will be better.   If like apple cider but haven't had any this season.  Today is a sea day and I'm meeting with the future cruise person at 10.  Planning on booking two Zaandam cruises.

Interesting that your guy takes reservations.  Mine is strictly first come first serve.

Roy

• Like 13

Good Friday morning!   Well my garden club was cancelled last minute last evening,  great idea.  I think we have gotten 18" of snow and more is due.  We will have to get the snow rake out and stand in the back of our pickup to try knock snow off from our Direct TV dish.  We don't get the local channels and and we can get the others in low resolution.    Not too bad but it always interesting to see the traffic woes when we get this horrible weather.  Since I did not drive the truck last night we neglected to put it in the garage so when the plow man came it was still sitting out.   We will work on cleaning it off shortly.   

I got a phone call from DB yesterday,  he was asking about a news story so I am hoping he is beginning to turn the corner.   

This morning before shoveling I renewed my Global Pass, a long process and sent our PCC a request for a couple of B2Bs for early 2024 listed in the Black Friday Sale. 

I am heading back out to shovel again but a wish for safe travels for @StLouisCruisers and @summer slope!     A few time lapses from our storm.  The final one is when we had done a wee bit of shoveling.  

snow 111722.jpg

sunrise 111822.jpg

snow 2 111822.jpg

• Like 21
  • Thanks 1

Good morning from a cold 36F (but not as cold as Midland, MI) central Texas.  While I was writing this and also looking on-line for a wheel, DH called and said he found one on a site I'd missed (he's better at Google than I am).  While we were talking, he placed the order and saved us about $200. We don't know how soon it will arrive, but there is another car available.   I'll pick up a new tire when I go to Waco today.  I'm learning a lot about tires and wheels, since DH usually handled that department.

I have never been fond of apple cider, nor was I a princess except maybe in my father's eyes.  I like Mickey Mouse.

I think the Lady Gaga quote is a little cynical.

We'll pass on the meal, drink and wine.

We have not been to Kushiro.  It was the first Japanese port on our 2018 circle the north Pacific cruise, but it was canceled when we had to slow down going through two typhons between Dutch Harbor and Japan. 

1 hour ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Good morning from our apartment in Hilton Head where it is 39 degrees.

The apartment is paid for by the insurance company.  It is kind of dumpy, but at least we have a place to stay and keep our things.

Thank you @richwmn Rich for the Fleet Report and the Daily.

Interesting collection of days.  i like Apple Cider.  I adore Mickey Mouse, so much so, that my DH says he’s my patron saint (LOL).  I never considered myself a princess.

Lady Gaga’s quote is interesting.  It is thought provoking.  I am all for everyone following their dreams, but when you have found the love of your life, your should follow that dream as well.  There is nothing like feeling loved and imparting that love to another.

I will pass on the meal and the drink.  We shall see about the wine, depending on whether it fits in the budget.

Never been to Japan.

Yesterday was a fruitful day.  We went to Savannah to make the selections for our Master Bath.  We were able to make selections for tiling, flooring, vanity and all the parts that go with it.  It was truly one stop shopping in a beautiful store.  The staff were so helpful and patient with us.

i am so glad that we were able to get that all accomplished and it is behind us.  I feel so swamped with the many things that seem to be coming our way these days.

When we returned to our house yesterday afternoon we found the living room furniture gone and all the bedroom furniture wrapped up,  These people work non-stop.

i have no update on my neighbor Joanne.  I did not get to see her husband yesterday.  hopefully today.

i hope everyone has a good day.

God Bless,

Terri

Terri, I'm glad you were able to make all the selections for the new bathroom in one stop.  I hope there is good news on your neighbor Joanne today.

1 hour ago, summer slope said:

Leaving at noon to drive down to the hotel. We are leaving from terminal 4. Never used that one. 

Safe travels today.  Have a great cruise.  🛳️ 🎈 BON VOYAGE! 🥂🍾

10 minutes ago, ottahand7 said:

Good Friday morning!   Well my garden club was cancelled last minute last evening,  great idea.  I think we have gotten 18" of snow and more is due.  We will have to get the snow rake out and stand in the back of our pickup to try knock snow off from our Direct TV dish.  We don't get the local channels and and we can get the others in low resolution.    Not too bad but it always interesting to see the traffic woes when we get this horrible weather.  Since I did not drive the truck last night we neglected to put it in the garage so when the plow man came it was still sitting out.   We will work on cleaning it off shortly.   

I got a phone call from DB yesterday,  he was asking about a news story so I am hoping he is beginning to turn the corner.   

This morning before shoveling I renewed my Global Pass, a long process and sent our PCC a request for a couple of B2Bs for early 2024 listed in the Black Friday Sale. 

I am heading back out to shovel again but a wish for safe travels for @StLouisCruisers and @summer slope!     A few time lapses from our storm.  The final one is when we had done a wee bit of shoveling.  

snow 111722.jpg

sunrise 111822.jpg

snow 2 111822.jpg

Nancy, I'll take our cold weather over your snow.  I'm glad your meeting was canceled yesterday.  It does seem like your DB is improving if he's interested in the news.  DH started taking more of an interest in outside things when he started feeling better and improving.

Lenda

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MISTER 67 said:

Drive safely, I think you told me once you live in Spring Lake so you'll probably take 98 through Okeechobee and over to 95.

Pier 4 is right next to the Princess pier and is just a very short walk from the parking garage. Enjoy your cruise.

Actually we take 27 down and I don’t remember the rest. 

• Like 7

Good morning.  It is a bright, sunny but chilly morning.  The heated bird bath is doing its job.  Is it weird that I wish I was in Buffalo?  I love a good snowstorm.  ❄️

I would not eat today’s meal.  Maybe that’s the Princess in me.  I might try a teeny tiny bite but I would have to avoid eye contact.

Not a fan of the mouse but I wouldn’t refuse a glass of Cornish Scrumpy.  

27 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

Interesting that your guy takes reservations.  Mine is strictly first come first serve.

Roy

If you are in a Neptune/Pinnacle Suite, the Concierge will make an appointment for you. The last time we met with the Future Cruise Consultant they brought him to the lounge and we showed up at our appointed time.

Also, @rafinmd, you are having a storm in the Caribbean?  I thought @Crazy For Cats pool picture looked a bit rocky though I am guessing you are quite far from each other.

Edited by *Miss G*
  • Like 17