So much for a Royal Black Friday

PCWalton1

Tried to see if there was any special for my upcoming 4 Night Penang & Phuket cruise (jan 2024) but when I look up Dining or Internet all it shows is "Amazing experiences coming soon". There are no excursions listed for Penang also. I realize it's out there a ways but no food or internet offerings? Come on. Similar issue with my Navigator 7 Night Cabo, Vallarta & Mazatlan Cruise in August 2023. No excursions listed for Cabo or Mazatlan. Navigator has been going to those port for the past year. What gives?

with food and fuel costs going up all around us, I would not expect to see much in terms of dining packages for 'far' out cruises.  although good for the consumer to lock in the pricing (if you find it a good value), but it poses a lot of risk for RCI.

More and more, Black Friday has become a shopping event more so than a specific date.  Retailer's looking to expand sales volumes have created Black Friday Sales that start before and continue beyond the Friday following Thanksgiving.  

2 minutes ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

Am I missing something here? I always thought Black Friday was the day after Thanksgiving, which is still in the future, at least where I live. 

You have been missing it for over 20 years when Black Friday started to roll over into Thursday night then all week and then all month.

I liked the original concept. 

Today is is just a glorified sale with very little in savings.

• Like 3

I've been following the beverage package prices for my cruise next June. It's been $72.99/day for some months now.

Last week, it moved to $77.99/day.

The Black Friday sale has taken it down to $72.99/day. 😄

Edited by geneparmesan
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, geneparmesan said:

I've been following the beverage package prices for my cruise next June. It's been $72.99/day for some months now.

Same with my December Oasis cruise.  It had been at $69.99 and then went to $74.99 so that it could just go back to $69.99 for the sale.  Already had it at that price and was hoping for it to come in a little cheaper.  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, PCWalton1 said:

Tried to see if there was any special for my upcoming 4 Night Penang & Phuket cruise (jan 2024) but when I look up Dining or Internet all it shows is "Amazing experiences coming soon". There are no excursions listed for Penang also. I realize it's out there a ways but no food or internet offerings? Come on. Similar issue with my Navigator 7 Night Cabo, Vallarta & Mazatlan Cruise in August 2023. No excursions listed for Cabo or Mazatlan. Navigator has been going to those port for the past year. What gives?

In Nov/2019 on Voyager, I did a 3/4 day B2B including Penang. I can’t remember the exact name of tour, but it included going up to Penang Hill to The Habitat, which included a walking tour. It was a great tour. In Phuket, I did the elephant sanctuary. The sanctuary was one of the best tours I have done. These were both ship tours.

You are still over a year away, so I wouldn’t worry about tours yet. They will populate closer to date. 
I am also sailing on the Navigator for New Years, and plenty of tours listed. Can’t remember when they actually showed up.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:
2 hours ago, HaveWeMetYet said:

Today is is just a glorified sale with very little in savings.

I have to disagree.  I just saved over $200 on our Refreshment Package (for 2), and about $80 on our internet package this past weekend.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, geneparmesan said:

Ours was $74.99/day, on Black Friday it dropped to $62.99/day (BOGO50), bought it, card processed, then cancelled, and now it's $72.99/day. 

It's all BS. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, ramja96 said:

I have to disagree.  I just saved over $200 on our Refreshment Package (for 2), and about $80 on our internet package this past weekend.

You think you saved $280. Everyone knows how RCI operates, if you saved $280 over the weekend, it was overpriced to begin with. But you seem satisfied w/ the purchase so then it's all good.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

Ours was $74.99/day, on Black Friday it dropped to $62.99/day (BOGO50), bought it, card processed, then cancelled, and now it's $72.99/day. 

It's all BS. 

We are on Navigator in May, today the DBP is $75.99 marked down from $102.00.  Chop's + 1 is $83.99.

You are right, it is all BS.

• Like 3

Someone's certainly calling Royal Caribbean for some deals!  

I'm on hold right now -- they estimated a 2 hour wait "because of our outstanding current promotions".  I have to stay on because they've left the Jr. off my husband's name for our very-soon cruise booking, and that could prevent him from boarding.  

To anyone who's currently kicking around baby names:  Jr. will cause small problems for your future son!  

20 hours ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

It's all BS. 

I purchased at $62.99 Friday morning, as well.  I haven’t been cancelled yet, but will be another unhappy customer if that happens because the price is now $72.99.

• Like 1

On 11/21/2022 at 12:49 AM, PCWalton1 said:

probably just bad timing since your cruise is in 2024, I'd think. But, perhaps the good news for you is to wait until black friday sales in 2023 and then you might see some deals. Happy cruising!

• Like 1

On 11/21/2022 at 11:39 AM, Goodtime Cruizin said:

Black Friday sales and promotions for Royal started this past Friday... or at least they said it did. But the shut down all purchases via claiming a Technical difficulty. When it came back on line the prices were much higher than originally posted. 

Worked well for my sailings 😁

• Like 1

23 hours ago, geneparmesan said:

Can't really see an incentive for Royal to offer any sale as long as we have the ability to cancel previous purchase and then rebook. To much lost revenue.

• Like 1

You post that like you're special and/or something that was supposed to work, actually did. Look, I'm glad it did. I happy for everyone that got taken care of last Friday and Saturday. In fact you should consider yourself very fortunate. Thousands upon thousands were not. And John... you're better than this. Instead of gloating, you should be showing a bit of empathy for those that did the same as you but experienced a different result. RCL was shut down, even the C&A reps were locked out when I called on Friday afternoon. 

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

Worked well for my sailings 😁

Worked out for me also. I saved on the internet pkg I booked for two of my cruises in 2023. And also saved $900 with a reprice for my Oct 2023 sailing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

You post that like you're special and/or something that was supposed to work, actually did. Look, I'm glad it did. I happy for everyone that got taken care of last Friday and Saturday. In fact you should consider yourself very fortunate. Thousands upon thousands were not. And John... you're better than this. Instead of gloating, you should be showing a bit of empathy for those that did the same as you but experienced a different result. RCL was shut down, even the C&A reps were locked out when I called on Friday afternoon. 

Just stating facts, hardly gloating. 

Do I experience hiccups, sure, every now and then.

Did Lufthansa totally destroy my 11 night Baltics cruise, yep. Ces la vie.

But I honestly don't believe there is any bait and switch going on. It's all marketing and dynamic pricing.

5 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Just stating facts, hardly gloating. 

Do I experience hiccups, sure, every now and then.

Did Lufthansa totally destroy my 11 night Baltics cruise, yep. Ces la vie.

But I honestly don't believe there is any bait and switch going on. It's all marketing and dynamic pricing.

That's your take.... Marketing & Dynamic Pricing.

Other's take... it was a mistake

Still other's take... It was an error

Me...Bait & Switch 

I took the bait. I purchased the goods. They processed the CC. They canceled the order. And now a re-purchase at BF pricing is not allowed. Brother you can call it whatever you want, but for me it's Bait & Switch. 

I think this thread as run it's course. My message is there and one can believe as they wish. 

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!