Oasis 4/21/24 itinerary change

mcspliff

So I am getting on LOTS in 2 weeks for a weekend cruise, and when I logged into my RCCL account the Oasis sailing I have booked for 4/21/24 has changed. Originally it was a 7 night Eastern Caribbean itinerary but now it is showing a 14-night TA to Barcelona. I called Royal and they confirmed that it is in fact now a 14-night TA. My wife and I are totally ok with this, but I am curious if Royal does anything for guests who keep the booking? Do they offer any sort of OBC? 

Also just figured I would give people a heads up as this sailing is currently not showing on the RCCL website.

46 minutes ago, fla33023 said:

I booked a 5-night Indy cruise Nov 2023. It later changed to a 7-night. We were able to stay on that cruise without additional charges for the 2 extra nights. Nothing more was offered.

This is kinda what we're hoping. As long as there isn't a price change I could definitely get on board with a transatlantic. 

3 hours ago, mcspliff said:

So I am getting on LOTS in 2 weeks for a weekend cruise, and when I logged into my RCCL account the Oasis sailing I have booked for 4/21/24 has changed. Originally it was a 7 night Eastern Caribbean itinerary but now it is showing a 14-night TA to Barcelona. I called Royal and they confirmed that it is in fact now a 14-night TA. My wife and I are totally ok with this, but I am curious if Royal does anything for guests who keep the booking? Do they offer any sort of OBC? 

Also just figured I would give people a heads up as this sailing is currently not showing on the RCCL website.

did it say what the new itinerary is? I have been searching for something like this.

4 hours ago, mcspliff said:

You won't get to keep the booking and be on the TA.

You sailing will be cancelled and you will get a refund or an option to move to another 7 day cruise. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, mcspliff said:

That happened to us on Jewel. Your cruise is cancelled. It sounds promising for a moment though, doesn't it? ☺️

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, fla33023 said:

I booked a 5-night Indy cruise Nov 2023. It later changed to a 7-night. We were able to stay on that cruise without additional charges for the 2 extra nights. Nothing more was offered.

Nice! Had opposite experience, on 2 Cruises each lost a day and changed ship(sister/same class). Royal wouldnt reduce the Price. Ended up being CV stoppage canceled 16 months ago anyway

Edited by ONECRUISER

9 hours ago, mcspliff said:

Do they offer any sort of OBC? 

The option to move to another sailing around those dates might. Wait to get the official cancellation message before doing something on your own.

Edited by Biker19

8 hours ago, mcspliff said:

This is kinda what we're hoping. As long as there isn't a price change I could definitely get on board with a transatlantic. 

Wouldn’t that be great?!  I suspect they won’t allow those booked to roll onto the TA, but crossing my fingers for you! 🙂

• Like 1

A couple of posters elsewhere reported this situation a week or so ago. In their case, it's complicated by the fact that they were B2B with the 21st of April sailing as their second week. They were simply told that their sailing was cancelled, with no alternative offered.

1 minute ago, smokeybandit said:

Seems odd to pull an Oasis ship in the middle of the spring break season to do a TA

She was coming over the pond anyway for her dry dock. The 21st of April sailing was the last one. My guess is that they wouldn't have had time to do a revenue TA sailing if she remained Stateside until the 28th and perhaps the bean counters thought the TA would return higher revenue than the 7 night Caribbean sailing.

1 hour ago, Mallow said:

I don't see the TA on the site yet for the Oasis.  I wonder what the itinerary is.

It says the itinerary is 10 days at sea followed by Malaga, Spain, Alicante, Spain, Valencia, Spain, Palma de Mallorca and Barcelona.

Just figured I would give everyone an update to this as I just heard back from my travel agent...

Royal has switched the cruise and there is no price difference or anything like that. They even are letting me get by with my pre-paid gratuities. So all in all there are no complaints on my end! We paid for 7 nights and are getting 14!

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, mcspliff said:

Just figured I would give everyone an update to this as I just heard back from my travel agent...

Royal has switched the cruise and there is no price difference or anything like that. They even are letting me get by with my pre-paid gratuities. So all in all there are no complaints on my end! We paid for 7 nights and are getting 14!

Good for you!  Did they give you the dates ?

Edited by irishgal432

TAs that don't go through Iceland/Greenland do tend to be cheaper per day but sounds like you are getting a great deal.  I don't see the TA appearing for sale yet but likely they are still working out details and arrangements for folks booked on the non-TA cruises.  Hmm - we don't have April 2024 planned yet...

You will NOT be the only ones on the ship (although they could remove some of the performers before the cruise depending on where they need them).