New Style Seapass Cards (two different ones for suites)

Tom-n-Cheryl

Perhaps this has been pointed out already, and I'm not sure about other cabin categories, but now there are two versions of suite cards, one with the standard two tone colors, and another with a burgundy stripe - to signify top suites. 

i-WGKB4qh-X2.jpg

Tom

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, floridatravelersforlife said:

At least they don't have the last name on the card.  On our Nov19 cruise, our full names were displayed.  Not good.

OP photoshopped out their last name, Blue Chip Club tier, and folio number.

• Like 2

Guest 4-2-N-8
1 hour ago, CalTexCruiser said:

Thanks @Tom-n-Cheryl

Just curious, did staff react differently to the new upper suite indicator any differently than before?

I'm going to carry a large jar of Grey Poupon wherever I go on the ship!

If that doesn't work, I'm going to carry a sign wherever I go telling everyone that I'm important and they better treat me right! 🤺

Edited by 4-2-N-8

1 hour ago, 4-2-N-8 said:

I'm going to carry a large jar of Grey Poupon wherever I go on the ship!

If that doesn't work, I'm going to carry a sign wherever I go telling everyone that I'm important and they better treat me right! 🤺

You act like the change in cards was the passengers idea.  Not their fault they get special recognition for the price they pay.  Geeze...   I sure it makes it simpler to identify if you should be in certain venues without embaressing the passenger with questions about their status.  i.e. Retreat Lounge, Retreat Deck, etc.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Guest 4-2-N-8
14 minutes ago, LMHSRN said:

You act like the change in cards was the passengers idea.  Not their fault they get special recognition for the price they pay.  Geeze...   I sure it makes it simpler to identify if you should be in certain venues without embaressing the passenger with questions about their status.  i.e. Retreat Lounge, Retreat Deck, etc.

If it were up to me, I'd want someone walking behind me carrying a blinking neon light in the shape of an arrow that points at my head with words saying "He (his/him/they/that/what/it) is important."

I'm all about inclusive exclusivity and I know my pronouns (and adverbs). 🦖

I sure hope Celebrity doesn't devolve into a situation of one-upmanship with seapass card colors.

It's only a boat ride, for goodness sake!

Peace and love to all (even to those in steerage). I'll share my Grey Poupon. 🤓

Edited by 4-2-N-8

I had no clue my card was anything special, I thought they all looked like that.  Just figured it was a new design.  I think I showed it once--first time in Bacio.  That's it.  If I ordered a drink, they just asked for my stateroom number.  Much ado about nothing.

Now I'm curious--what do the regular ones look like?

Edited by Happy Cruiser 6143
  • Like 3

Guest 4-2-N-8
8 minutes ago, hrhdhd said:

Agreed. Mine peel from day 1.

The cards peel from day one?

Score!

Another thing I'll be able to soon gripe about.

At this rate, I should break Zenith in number of gripes!

I'll be a gripe'osaurus maximus!!! 🦖

5 hours ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

Perhaps this has been pointed out already, and I'm not sure about other cabin categories, but now there are two versions of suite cards, one with the standard two tone colors, and another with a burgundy stripe - to signify top suites. 

i-WGKB4qh-X2.jpg

Tom

First I've seen that

2 hours ago, CalTexCruiser said:

Thanks @Tom-n-Cheryl

Just curious, did staff react differently to the new upper suite indicator any differently than before?

I'm not sure it was even noticed. I'd say there's a good chance that a number of the crew have not been brought up to speed on this. 

Though, full disclosure - we did not receive the new style cards until yesterday (last day of our cruise).

Tom

5 minutes ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

Though, full disclosure - we did not receive the new style cards until yesterday (last day of our cruise).

Tom

Did you need a replacement or did they just give you a new card?

Who was your butler and the bartender in Michaels club?

Edited by CHEZMARYLOU

Celebrity has had different color cards for some time.  The change I noticed is that the cards are now vertical instead of horizontal.  I've never paid any attention to the color of cards. We typically sail in a standard veranda room and crew has never treated us any differently because of the color of our card....at least I've never noticed anythig.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, floridatravelersforlife said:

At least they don't have the last name on the card.  On our Nov19 cruise, our full names were displayed.  Not good.

What is wrong with having ones last name on their sea pass???

bon voyage

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

Did you need a replacement or did they just give you a new card?

Who was your butler and the bartender in Michaels club?

John approached us yesterday evening in Michael's to ask if we wanted our Seapass cards from the prior sailing back. After a bit of discussion, he asked if we'd like to have him print the new style cards for our collection.

Our butler was Regine. We only had drinks a few times in Michael's, the bartender was an older Jamaican (as I overheard) gentleman, but I didn't get his name.

Tom

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Host Anne said:

Celebrity has had different color cards for some time.  The change I noticed is that the cards are now vertical instead of horizontal.  I've never paid any attention to the color of cards. We typically sail in a standard veranda room and crew has never treated us any differently because of the color of our card....at least I've never noticed anythig.

Exactly. New vertical design has Aquaclass in blue with a lighter shade triangle on the right. Lower Level Retreat is grey with a light shade triangle.  

We had the vertical cards on the Beyond in October.  Boarded the Solstice yesterday and the cards are horizontal .  The change I noticed on the Suite cards was the lettering seems larger and letters are a very shiny silver on the dark grey background.