The Fleet Report and Daily for Tuesday December 6th, 2022

richwmn

Good Tuesday Morning Dailyites!  It's another raw, damp rainy day in Georgia...and all my joints ache like crazy! @cat shepardYour meme was spot on, and yes i sang it.  I am currently being attacked by Furnando this morning, head bops, face swats and finger biting.  I have no idea what I did wrong this morning.  I think he's been watching too many animal attacks on tv. The recent coyote attacks I understand, they moved into suburbia and are eating what is there, but the raccoon that attacked the little girl on the front porch?  Eeks!

@Crazy For Cats Ashlee is one lucky girl, and she has the most unusual coat color.  

I had a resentment towards Disney for years but it wasnt Disney's fault.  My mom wanted a family reunion, but she didn't want me there, so she got all the family together, had the reunion, and then told me about it.  She said she didn't tell me about it, because my husband (first husband) was physically handicapped from polio.  And she knew that he would not be able to walk around the parks. (We all know that Disney would have made it happen)

After my parents passed, I started going to Disney.  To me it was like getting to be a child for the first time in the most perfect of worlds. 

DH's skin cancer was getting bad, and he still wasn't' addressing the issue, but a little girl turned around on one the boat trips from the Wilderness lodge to the parks and asked him what was wrong with his face.  (his mom and I had been nagging him for years)  He made an appointment with a doc the very next week.  (thank you little girl)...BUT one day while we were discussing going back to Disney World, we both had an idea, why not just go see the world, instead of a minute representation inside a bubble of Florida.  We have been cruising ever since. Obviously we haven't seen much of the world, but we are getting there.

5797a1351b2056c0d254a5f99e27f48d.jpg

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 13

Good morning, thanks for the Fleet Report and Daily!  Not a fan of gazpacho, definitely appreciate the dangerous work miners do, and think how much less sparkle there would be in the world if Walt Disney had not been around.

Well we're back in the deep freeze again - woke up to wind chill temperatures (what the air really feels like on your face) of -39C.  Hopefully the wind will calm down later in the day so it will warm up to more tolerable temps.  We don't have to be put on the care list, that's just the way it is here in the winter; one day you can have lovely balmy (well, balmy to us) temps, the next you're back into cold storage. LOL

@cat shepardthank you for your kind words; the video was a real labour of love for DH.  He wanted something that even when we are long gone, our grandsons will be able to view and see where their ancestors came from.  Each has a flash drive with the video on it; I'm sure when they grow up and technology advances, they will be able to move it to whatever form they are using at the time, just as we can transfer old films and CD's to flash drives today.

Waking up to temperatures like this morning make our cruise countdown that much sweeter; we leave in only 27 more sleeps and board our BHB (the Rotterdam) in 29.  I know the first drink I'm going to order will be a strawberry margarita, one of my favourites in the heat.  We've got our specialty dinners reserved, but can't find any shore excursions that appeal to us, so we'll be taking a pass on that part of the Have It All package.  I wonder how many others are in the same position?

Not a lot planned today except to stay indoors and keep warm.  I like the short ribs portion of today's menu suggestion, but as others, don't care for polenta, so would sub in steamed vegetables.  For us, however, there's going to be a beef stew put in the slow cooker that will burble all day long and will be enjoyed with some crusty bread at the kitchen table tonight.  And wine.

Prayers for everyone who is in need, cheers to all who have celebrations.  Stay safe, be well.

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

• Like 29

Good morning and thanks to all for the Daily. I will certainly salute the hard work of miners,love gazpacho and have enjoyed many Disney movies over the years. We have been to the port and remember the pretty town and great boat ride past Pulpit Rock.Thank you for the pictures Sandi @StLouisCruisers.

It is a warmer day here going up to the fifties. I would like the recipe without polenta and usually make mashed potatoes to go with ours. I am making a beef stew  in the crack pot and will think of @ger_77 tonight when we gather for a similar meal.  
The hospice nurse has been here already to check on our Tana. She said the meds appear to be working well with no complications this time. She helped Tana get to the kitchen for breakfast which was really nice of her. We have an aide for two hours this afternoon  and hope she can help with some of our more mundane but necessary tasks. My physical ability to help is unfortunately not possible  now. The family joke is that this is ok as long as I remain “the boss”.They know me well.

Edited by smitty34877
  • Like 28

27 minutes ago, ger_77 said:

Good morning, thanks for the Fleet Report and Daily!  Not a fan of gazpacho, definitely appreciate the dangerous work miners do, and think how much less sparkle there would be in the world if Walt Disney had not been around.

Well we're back in the deep freeze again - woke up to wind chill temperatures (what the air really feels like on your face) of -39C.  Hopefully the wind will calm down later in the day so it will warm up to more tolerable temps.  We don't have to be put on the care list, that's just the way it is here in the winter; one day you can have lovely balmy (well, balmy to us) temps, the next you're back into cold storage. LOL

@cat shepardthank you for your kind words; the video was a real labour of love for DH.  He wanted something that even when we are long gone, our grandsons will be able to view and see where their ancestors came from.  Each has a flash drive with the video on it; I'm sure when they grow up and technology advances, they will be able to move it to whatever form they are using at the time, just as we can transfer old films and CD's to flash drives today.

Waking up to temperatures like this morning make our cruise countdown that much sweeter; we leave in only 27 more sleeps and board our BHB (the Rotterdam) in 29.  I know the first drink I'm going to order will be a strawberry margarita, one of my favourites in the heat.  We've got our specialty dinners reserved, but can't find any shore excursions that appeal to us, so we'll be taking a pass on that part of the Have It All package.  I wonder how many others are in the same position?

Not a lot planned today except to stay indoors and keep warm.  I like the short ribs portion of today's menu suggestion, but as others, don't care for polenta, so would sub in steamed vegetables.  For us, however, there's going to be a beef stew put in the slow cooker that will burble all day long and will be enjoyed with some crusty bread at the kitchen table tonight.  And wine.

Prayers for everyone who is in need, cheers to all who have celebrations.  Stay safe, be well.

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

Gerry I can't wait to meet you on Rotterdam!

I'll keep in touch along the way.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

Good morning!  Today is my birthday!  We will celebrate by going to dinner with my DS & DBIL ( not sure of abrievation for that!)

I like gazpacho and short ribs.  Like others I would have a veggie and not polenta.

many years ago when my DH and I went to a chemistry convention in Montana we stayed at dorm in Bozeman.  I never thought of doing it overseas!  Great idea!  

best wishes to all!

• Like 24

11 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Gerry I can't wait to meet you on Rotterdam!

I'll keep in touch along the way.

Looking forward to it!  You can always email me at:  ger underscore 77 at yahoo dot com

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

Good morning.   Our weather here is gray but dry.  The massive snow piles along our road are slowly disappearing.   I will go see DB if he has been moved back to his rehab this morning.

Thanks for the Daily and Fleet Reports!   Our little town where our cabin is is Amasa, MI and like many of the small towns up there it was a mining town.  The mines closed for good in the late 40s and the town that used to have a high school has wasted away to a all purpose gas station/trading post, our Post Office, a Senior Center and two taverns.   I am ambivalent about Disney.   We had too many meetings for work with evening entertainment at the park.   It really isn't the same at night and most times it was in low season in January.   Brrr.  Great thought provoking quote by Fulghum.   I love short ribs and every one of those look like winners.   Strawberry Margaritas are pretty and probably would be great when well made on a BHB.    The wine  looks great too, we just had an Oregon chardonnay last night with our pork chops.    Sandi thank you for the gorgeous photos of Stavenger.  Definitely a place to put on a wish list.    

Today I am writing all of my Christmas cards.  I wrote up a short update on Word since my right hand has so much arthritis damage getting the cards done legibly would be a problem.  The envelopes will be bad enough.    Finally I am going to close my second suitcase which will be picked up on 12/14.  It has toothpaste in it and nothing edible or toiletries that can be ingested like toothpaste, cough drops or vitamins are allowed.    

Prayers for all on our care list and for the people of Ukraine.    Have a wonderful Tuesday.   Nancy 

• Like 24

1 hour ago, puppycanducruise said:

Just heard that Kirstie Alley died of cancer at only 71.  RIP

Sad news indeed 😔 

1 hour ago, dfish said:

@kazu I've done the Rodne tour in Stavanger as well and it is well worth the effort.  The day we did it was rainy and cold, but I still forced myself out to see the sights.  

Thanks Debbie 👍 

1 hour ago, Rowsby said:

@kazu  Jacqui....what day are you flying to San Diego....I'll have my fingers crossed too...!!  🤞

Next Wednesday.  It will be one heck of a long day - it’s easier to fly to Europe than San Diego but I’m going 3 days early in case of weather and to help adjust after the very long flight and time change.

1 hour ago, smitty34877 said:

The hospice nurse has been here already to check on our Tana. She said the meds appear to be working well with no complications this time.

That is good news.  My prayers continue 🙏🏻 

46 minutes ago, Cat in my lap said:

Good morning!  Today is my birthday!  

Happy Birthday!

D0A5CA30-1FC6-4BF1-9DC2-DBED9EAFDC41.jpeg.a27ed7cf4dcff0788ffc09e74921dd52.jpeg

26 minutes ago, seagarsmoker said:

Thanks for the Daily Report and I hope everyone has a great day!

I have been at Dr office this morning as my covid symptoms won't go away. Have a different antibiotic to try....   

Darn - so sorry to hear this.  I hope the different antibiotic can help you 🙏🏻 

• Like 16
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, Cat in my lap said:

Good morning!  Today is my birthday!  We will celebrate by going to dinner with my DS & DBIL ( not sure of abrievation for that!)

I like gazpacho and short ribs.  Like others I would have a veggie and not polenta.

many years ago when my DH and I went to a chemistry convention in Montana we stayed at dorm in Bozeman.  I never thought of doing it overseas!  Great idea!  

best wishes to all!

Happy Birthday! May your new year be filled with laughter, love, great health & a cruise!

DCA04B72-7235-4560-9C34-08DB542B56ED.jpeg.10b3418a819e22cc0736207b46214309.jpeg

Edited by cat shepard
  • Like 15
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Cat in my lap said:

best wishes to all!

Happy Birthday!🎂

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

Good Morning, the home energy audit was worth our time, even if we didn’t agree to get any work done.  We received two power strips, two six packs of led lights, and a new shower head just for agreeing to the visit.  We agreed to have the attic better insulated, the standards changed after we did that work. The cost to us is about $640 through the program. If we did it on our own the estimated cost was almost $3000.  

• Like 21

Good morning! We had an uneventful flight home from our wonderful weeks with son & family. We will see them over Christmas. Slept in and awoke to a pretty day with temps in the seventies.

We we’re in Stavanger this summer and like all of Norway just a beautiful place to visit. 
I had no issues flying yesterday with my ears or sinuses. I believe this is one of those colds that symptoms will linger on for days but I have improved enough for travel.

After my late start it’s time to finish my coffee and get some things done.

Thanks for the report, list and post.

• Like 22
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Cat in my lap said:

best wishes to all!

Happy birthday! Enjoy your day

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

Good morning from a sunny SE AZ. We have a few days of nice temps in the forecast then we have a cold front coming. Looks like it will be chilly next week. 

Jacqui @kazu, I hear you about flying from your area to San Diego. We had the same problem flying to Quebec City in October. I’m sure everything will work out well though and those extra days will definitely help with jet lag. 

@Cat in my lap — Happy Birthday!!  Enjoy your special day!

Terri @smitty34877, I hope Tana gains strength every day and that you get relief from your hip pain. 

Jake @Crazy For Cats, Happy Birthday to Ashlee yesterday and I hope you post a picture of her after her spa day. She is really a beautiful cat. 

I must be the only person who likes polenta. I would enjoy today’s meal suggestion as is, polenta and all. However, I don’t have any short ribs and shouldn’t buy any because my freezer is so full. I do have some Korean short ribs that we might have though. Of course they are a different cut of the short rib and not the right cut for braising but yummy just the same. 

I do agree that gazpacho is better enjoyed in the summer. 

Have a great day everyone!

• Like 14
  • Thanks 4